• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Anyone know where I get High Quality Mushroom from for The Gift of the Forest quest on Floor 77? It says it's they're in the forrest but there's a couple of forest like areas and I haven't found any in them.

Now that i've got the hang of the battlesystem i'm really enjoying the game and the translation isn't bothering me asmuch as I thought it would before buying. I can tell i'll be enjoying the game for awhile.

if those are the ones you need to find they are kinda hard to see on the ground or in the grass looking enviro stuff & near trees

MSMrRound

But just a bit ago, when I tried to Bridal Carry her, she freaks out and her mood resets. EFFFFF. I didn't see any of the other girls around either

You can only Bridal Carry her when her mood is at Level 5.

If it is still at mood level 3 or 4, she will be too shy to let you do that to her.

darkwing

Anyone know where I get High Quality Mushroom from for The Gift of the Forest quest on Floor 77? It says it's they're in the forest but there's a couple of forest like areas and I haven't found any in them.

Now that i've got the hang of the battlesystem i'm really enjoying the game and the translation isn't bothering me asmuch as I thought it would before buying. I can tell i'll be enjoying the game for awhile.

I think they are in the 'fresh greenwood avenue' in lvl77 in the teleport gate, in the base of the trees there, there will be prompt when you are near them

Ohnonono

Nope you need to be level 5 to reset their battle strategies though, for after you get the first one.

I wonder how I have not unlocked even one then yet. I have been praising her for hours and the charts show no progress. I think my relationship level is 3.

ramyeon

I wonder how I have not unlocked even one then yet. I have been praising her for hours and the charts show no progress. I think my relationship level is 3.
Apparently you need to reset Strea right off the bat, so that may be it.

Also don't just praise her sword skills, make sure you also praise her for switching (For the ATK costume). You need to raise one point to max and another to around half way to unlock it.

Ohnonono

Apparently you need to reset Strea right off the bat, so that may be it.

Also don't just praise her sword skills, make sure you also praise her for switching (For the ATK costume). You need to raise one point to max and another to around half way to unlock it.

Cool. I will get back to the dating game tonight, lol. Feels like to play this game optimally you pretty much gotta run through some ladies before you start fighting anything!

Ryuukan

agree

pldlac.jpg

kagete

Wow this game is packed with content. I'm barely 4 hours in (due to all the intro stuff and stupidly trying out to levelup Asuna's relationship level before leaving town) but I already have a ton of questions!

• What does a skill mean when it says +20% STR or +40% AGI? Does this mean that it buffs that stat when you cast it or does it mean that it uses a portion of that Stat as bonus damage?
  • If Skill Points are limited, should I even be purchasing low level attack skills? Shouldn't I be focused on getting passives and important Buffs/debuffs instead and just saving skill points for the later attack skill?
  • Is it recommended to have buffs occupy all my skill palette slots?

Ohnonono

only if you are going for trophies

Trophies are great. I am going for costumes homey. It's an MMO simulator, my whole crew has to look right. (It REALLY does feel like an MMO, it actually effects how I play the game and what I put emphasis on in my play time.)

Mendax

Wow this game is packed with content. I'm barely 4 hours in (due to all the intro stuff and stupidly trying out to levelup Asuna's relationship level before leaving town) but I already have a ton of questions!

• What does a skill mean when it says +20% STR or +40% AGI? Does this mean that it buffs that stat when you cast it or does it mean that it uses a portion of that Stat as bonus damage?
  • If Skill Points are limited, should I even be purchasing low level attack skills? Shouldn't I be focused on getting passives and important Buffs/debuffs instead and just saving skill points for the later attack skill?

where are you getting new skills ? is there a trainer or a menu option? i didn't see neither

Ohnonono

There is nothing stupid about that.... right?...right.....

Parakeetman

i will write a longer reply from home.

low lv sw skills are important but read what they do so know what you need.

passives aka battle skills are a must esp rapier sp and accuracy and mace status recovery

kagete

where are you getting new skills ? is there a trainer or a menu option? i didn't see neither

START then Skills, then browsing the skill tree. I think the ones you can't select/level up yet are grayed out, and each square is typically a level of mastery in either a weapon or combination of weapons that has 5-8 skills listed out individually behind it.

Sorry if vague, here at work without my vita on hand.

Defuser

Basically the % skill depends on your stats of your equipment. If you have a weapon that forged with STR bonus then the skill that uses +20& STR will scale off that weapon STR. So the higher the stat of the weapon/equipment the stronger the skill attacks.

Skill points are not exactly limited, just level up a few weapon class and you will see a shitload of skill points. All attack skills are equally important especially if you gonna use the OSS implement which is super essential if you to destroy high level bosses so yes, low level attacks skills is needed.

But I suggest to fill most of your slots with skill attacks if you want to do a long string OSS combos, the buffs skill page can be easily access by pressing L+R and selecting if you rearranged it.

Parakeetman

Basically the % skill depends on your stats of your equipment. If you have a weapon that forged with STR bonus then the skill that uses +20& STR will scale off that weapon STR. So the higher the stat of the weapon/equipment the stronger the skill attacks.

Skill points are not exactly limited, just level up a few weapon class and you will see a shitload of skill points. Buffs and attacks skill are equally important especially if you gonna use the OSS implement which is super essential if you to destroy high level bosses.

But I suggest to fill most of your slots with skill attacks if you want to do a long string OSS combos, the buffs skill page can be easily access by pressing L+R and selecting if you rearranged it.

skill points are limited though since you cant unlock everything and higher level skills cost more

ramyeon

Maxed Asuna's friendship. That's two in one day... Think I'll take a break from that for awhile and focus on progressing haha. Still haven't beaten the first boss...

Listonosh

Maxed Asuna's friendship. That's two in one day... Think I'll take a break from that for awhile and focus on progressing haha. Still haven't beaten the first boss...

What's the perks of getting their friendship level to the max? Do they level up their stats better? Are there any benefits to doing this early on in the game?

Mendrox

What's the perks of getting their friendship level to the max? Do they level up their stats better? Are there any benefits to doing this early on in the game?

Showing your waifu that you love her is always a perk.

For serious answer; A few endings and such things. :)

kagete

Skill points are not exactly limited, just level up a few weapon class and you will see a shitload of skill points. All attack skills are equally important especially if you gonna use the OSS implement which is super essential if you to destroy high level bosses so yes, low level attacks skills is needed.

Ah great info, thanks!

Is OSS something I should work towards immediately from the start of the game?

Also, I never knew I could manually cast from pressing L+R. Thanks again! Looks like I'll do that once I have more skills learned.

Defuser

skill points are limited though since you cant unlock everything and higher level skills cost more

Thats when buffs came into play. Leveling of weapon class depends on how times and how fast you auto attack. I always go the tunnel of the outerworld from the verdant street of offering checkpoint where there is a lvl 140+ monsters(The one with the floating eye and tentacles). Activate Speed master, Sword Dancer,First step,Muted Edge and Brave Storm to increase my attack speed and activated double hand and dancing blade for double attacks and go to town on the monster constantly stunning and parrying it. You can easily level up the weapon classes and gain a shitload of skill points.

Ah great info, thanks!

Is OSS something I should work towards immediately from the start of the game?

Also, I never knew I could manually cast from pressing L+R. Thanks again! Looks like I'll do that once I have more skills learned.
OSS allows you to do a chain combo of skill attacks which the damage increases for each different attack which why low levels attack is important. If you want unlock the requirement of OSS fast just constantly press L+R and stun skill fast because it also counts as a sword skill.

kagete

OSS allows you to do a chain combo of skill attacks which the damage increases for each different attack which why low levels attack is important. If you want unlock the requirement of OSS fast just constantly press L+R and stun skill fast because it also counts as a sword skill.

So I can only get OSS by doing the Implement quest for it, and finding a hollow mission?

Also, do you mean the default SQUARE attack given at the start of the game? Does it not count as a skill if I just press square?

Thanks for all the info btw

darkwing

Has anyone posted impressions in this thread? Or has it been mostly discussion of the game?

plenty of impressions since a few imported the Japan copy and the Asian copy with the English sub when it released a few months ago, the thread became more active with the NA release since then

Defuser

So I can only get OSS by doing the Implement quest for it, and finding a hollow mission?

Also, do you mean the default SQUARE attack given at the start of the game? Does it not count as a skill if I just press square?

Thanks for all the info btw

-Yes
-It does count but it's faster to access the L+R menu and press it.

Mendax

so, first i'm targeted with a "kumo no ito" attack and in the next map with "neneki".

wtffff bamco pls fix broken translation.

ramyeon

How exactly does one raise ATK Support on partners? I've been praising Asuna whenever she does ATK Skills but it's all gone towards the generic "Sword Skill" and nothing towards ATK Support. Is there a command I can give her that will make her use more ATK Support moves?

Kane1345

How exactly does one raise ATK Support on partners? I've been praising Asuna whenever she does ATK Skills but it's all gone towards the generic "Sword Skill" and nothing towards ATK Support. Is there a command I can give her that will make her use more ATK Support moves?

I was about to ask this exact question. Anyone? :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I want this game... and this thread is making even harder to hold on, actually i'm too much into my Saints Row 4 waifu.
When i'll finish SR4 i'll probably buy it.

Top Bottom