• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

kiryogi

Banned
Not that long actually. ATK Support maxed out real quick, and then I just switched a lot with her and praised her for switching. Cooperation seems harder to level up and I'm not sure exactly what the criteria is, but I think it might be stunning when she asks and stuff like that. Switch only had to be mid way to unlock the costume too, not max.

OH GDI I just figured out my issue. . . I need to reset parameters as Strea and some other girls start all evenly. So gotta raise her to relationship level 5 to get the reset. Been beating my head against the wall about this for awhile now >_<

ramyeon

OH GDI I just figured out my issue. . . I need to reset parameters as Strea and some other girls start all evenly. So gotta raise her to relationship level 5 to get the reset. Been beating my head against the wall about this for awhile now >_<
Ah yeah, must be it. I'm trying to level Sinon up from 4 to 5 now and it's terrible.

Getting sick of hearing "Sou da na!" over and over haha. I wish conversations ended automatically once the enjoy bar filled.

kiryogi

Banned
Ah yeah, must be it. I'm trying to level Sinon up from 4 to 5 now and it's terrible.

Getting sick of hearing "Sou da na!" over and over haha. I wish conversations ended automatically once the enjoy bar filled.

Chat her up, bridal carry her into the room, have dat pillow talk rinse and repeat. Done! XD

ramyeon

How many times do you need to sleep with a girl to get her to friendship rank 5 dammit!

I can't believe I actually just typed that.

Phlebas

Banned
How many times do you need to sleep with a girl to get her to friendship rank 5 dammit!

I can't believe I actually just typed that.

See below:

I slept with her 8 times

No, you just need her mood level at 3 so you can perform a bridal carry and take her to your bedroom. I raise her mood to level 5 though just in case

make sure you are inside the inn before you carry her, if you take too long, her mood will go down and you wont sleep together

Mendrox

so is this fun?

Yes very fun, but to have more fun you should have:

• Watched at least the anime till episode 14 (or read the first two novels)
  • Played a MMORPG these last years to know the basics
  • Love waifus (not required, but its more fun)

These points are not required, but they improve the game for yourself.

Man, I want to play more but I am at work right now and I still have to work 7 more hours. ;__; Glad that I brought my Vita with me so I can grind Sinon in my break lol.

Phlebas

Banned
Not at all. It's a grindy minigame that doesn't really add any depth to the characters at all. The combat and loot/exploration parts are much better.

8 times damn... pretty sure you need to have her mood up to 5. Did it below that once and it went all the way back down to 1 again.

Oh ouch alright. I only quoted that post because I haven't bothered with the Friendship rank stuff yet.

HIR0

no hate pls!
image.php

Cleared floors 76/77 earning both MVP and Last Attack honors in both with Asuna as my partner. But for the life of me I can't get Asuna's stat costume. Specifically the attacking one. How do you get attack support to move up? Managed to get cooperation and switch though.

Edit: Also got Asuna's rank up to 5.... I have no idea what it does.

Raxious

I was ready for the floor 84 boss...atleast I thought I was.
It seems like I'm almost doing no damage, and why the hell does he have infinite adds :eek:
I eventually died just before he did :(

MSMrRound

Close it? The game?

Yes. As soon as you can see that you didn't land the last hit for the Boss Equip, just hit the "home" button and close it off. The game will restart at the teleport hub.

But for the life of me I can't get Asuna's stat costume. Specifically the attacking one. How do you get attack support to move up? Managed to get cooperation and switch though.

For Attack bonus, what's recommend is

1. Use partner commands to use sword skills (Look out for Attack-type icon! ONLY PRAISE ATTACK-ICONS!!!)
2. Look out for when your partner say "use sword skill, Kirito!" When you use sword skill, they usually follow up with a sword skill of their own, classified under attack type as well (praise them for this)
3. Joint attacks. (Look out for when partners say, "use sword skill together!" If successful, you will see that both you and your partner will get a cut-in portrait as the two of you pull off a flashy attack), this is under Attack type too. Just look out for the icon.

Should you pull off 1+2, you will find your co-operation stat rising pretty fast indeed.

Don't forget you can talk to your partner to indicate to them how you want them to be..attacking type? Supportive type/ use less sword skills? Heal more? Etc etc)

ramyeon

Got Sinon's second stat costume. This time the DEF one, only took about half an hour of grinding in the first and second areas outside of town for this one. Pretty easy. Just talked to her and told her to focus on defense, then did a lot of telling her to get the enemies to target her and guard etc. I like this one more than the ATK one.
Just the Buff one left now... which seems to be the hardest. Apparently it gets harder to achieve once she switches to using a Bow so I wanted to get them all asap. The most time consuming part so far has been getting her to friendship level 5 so you can reset her battle strategies haha.

Still haven't gone to fight the first boss yet.

ViciousDS

Banned
i wouldnt listen to that guy you quoted, but most def its a game worth getting for all the content it provides.

but at the same time bannam needs to be leaned on to know this does not fly. esp when there are other titles at the same price which are properly localized

game works great on the psvtv as thats where all my recorded footage comes from. though you will need something to bypass the hdcp if you want to record stuff. which you would need to find on your own unfortunately.

that's easy, I use a $20 splitter for recording PS3 through hdmi........I would assume its the exact same protection. If so I will have no problem recording or streaming to twitch, much like I did with Drakengard 3

also can anyone answer this guy as well, so I know where to go at the start of the game.

I think the game just recommended I do The Hollow area first? I thought that was the new area you hit up after you ascend the tower?

Also what level do you start at? This starts roughly what halfway through the books or so?

RalchAC

Bamco has send me a message that there is a raffle. You just have to sign and give a like to the SAO game Facebook page and you may win Hollow Fragment.

I don't know if it's exclusive to Spain or other offices are doing the same. Give it a look :)

PewPewK

If you want to attempt to get the Last Attack Bonus all over again,

just close it at at the result screen and go for the boss again.

This is for trophy hunters and the likes.

Not a trophy hunter, but I would like the item. Maybe for some of the higher floors.

ramyeon

Got Sinon's last stat costume, Buff. And with that comes the "Additional" one for unlocking all of them.

2014-08-21-2030095bka4.jpg

Buff

2014-08-21-20310500kii.jpg

Additional
None of them were all that hard to get once you work out what commands relate to what corners of the graphs and continue to order those and praise them for it. Most annoying part is levelling up their friendship level.

I think I like her Defense one the most out of the 4.

Gonna grind Asuna's tomorrow. Her's are all pretty good, probably the best out of all the heroines.

Phlebas

Banned
Got Sinon's last stat costume, Buff. And with that comes the "Additional" one for unlocking all of them.

None of them were all that hard to get once you work out what commands relate to what corners of the graphs and continue to order those and praise them for it. Most annoying part is levelling up their friendship level.

I think I like her Defense one the most out of the 4.

Gonna grind Asuna's tomorrow. Her's are all pretty good, probably the best out of all the heroines.

I like her buff costume

MSMrRound

While Sinon is still the best girl, I must say that Philia's complete (or additional whichever way you put it) armor is still better looking compared to all four of Sinon's (man, Sinon's 4th armor is almost as bad as Strea's 4th armor).

ramyeon

While Sinon is still the best girl, I must say that Philia's complete (or additional whichever way you put it) armor is still better looking compared to all four of Sinon's (man, Sinon's 4th armor is almost as bad as Strea's 4th armor).
Hey that looks great, yeah Sinon's last one is terrible haha. I really like Philia's one with the cloak too. I think it's for Defence.

Stuart444

About the translation, I think it was pretty much perfect/near perfect in the Asian version at the start as well. Would need to watch some vids again but all the weird 'apostrophes' make me think that.

Not an excuse, just an observation lol.

ramyeon

The friendship raising stuff is terrible :( so boring and time consuming. I don't think I'll have the patience to raise everyone to max...

kiryogi

Banned
The friendship raising stuff is terrible :( so boring and time consuming. I don't think I'll have the patience to raise everyone to max...

Yeah been grinding away @ Strea as I need to do that before I can even start to level her parameters. . . But just a bit ago, when I tried to Bridal Carry her, she freaks out and her mood resets. EFFFFF. I didn't see any of the other girls around either, but it was like fuck it and took a break for now D: So grindy. So close to lvl 5 approval though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
the problem is the game just came out and you people expect to max it out quickly christs sake folks lol

kiryogi

Banned
the problem is the game just came out and you people expect to max it out quickly christs sake folks lol

Well I sort of want to move on to the maingame but. . . Strea being a special case due to trophy and Sinon is a challenge later on too. So they're sort of key priorities to finish now. If it weren't for the fact that one was missable and the other becomes a PITA, I'd be enjoying the dungeon grind normally.

ramyeon

Not really, it's just not a fun part of the game. All you do is sit there and press R over and over again. None of the dialogue means anything or is interesting and you have to do it like 10+ times over (Which means doing the talking minigame at least 6 times each time) in order to get from 3-5.

Loving the combat, loot, everything else. But the "dating" stuff is really boring.

Razma1

Want to play it so bad but money is tight >< Hopefully I can get it sooner rather then later I've been hyped for this.

At least I downloaded the dlc for it already gotta have those costumes.

Hope people are enjoying it I'm trying to avoid spoilers not reading much of the thread.

Ohnonono

So do you have to get a character to relationship level 5 before you can unlock their extra costumes? I am using Strea, and when I talk to her about battle in the field it changes her actions, but even with tons of praise those little charts just don't budge an inch.

kiryogi

Banned
So do you have to get a character to relationship level 5 before you can unlock their extra costumes? I am using Strea, and when I talk to her about battle in the field it changes her actions, but even with tons of praise those little charts just don't budge an inch.

Yeah I had this issue too. Certain girls like Strea start off with their charts completely balanced. . . So we have to reset them and the only way to reset them is maxing out to lvl5 relationship. D: I was seriously getting frustrated on why none of her charts were moving.

Tsunamo

Anyone know where I get High Quality Mushroom from for The Gift of the Forest quest on Floor 77? It says it's they're in the forest but there's a couple of forest like areas and I haven't found any in them.

Now that i've got the hang of the battlesystem i'm really enjoying the game and the translation isn't bothering me asmuch as I thought it would before buying. I can tell i'll be enjoying the game for awhile.

ramyeon

Nope you need to be level 5 to reset their battle strategies though, for after you get the first one.

Top Bottom