• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
After exploring a lot of the first part of the hollow, the floors are so easy.
Kinda makes items on floors unexciting.

Giolon

Trying to meet the requirements for the level 76 boss, and I need to complete The Gift for the Girl. Is there a quest giver for that, or do I just need to find the materials?

It's one of the quests that you can pick up from the quest board/NPC near the Teleportation Gate in town. The items for that quest are located
in bushes/grassy patches on the ground in the valley area that is right before the skyways that lead into the labyrinth. You might have to search some of them a couple times if you get like a Hard Nut or something instead of the quest item. They glow sparkly when you get close enough to them

nikos

It's one of the quests that you can pick up from the quest board/NPC near the Teleportation Gate in town. The items for that quest are located
in bushes/grassy patches on the ground in the valley area that is right before the skyways that lead into the labyrinth. You might have to search some of them a couple times if you get like a Hard Nut or something instead of the quest item. They glow sparkly when you get close enough to them

Thanks!

ramyeon

I just want to reiterate how terrible the translation for the battle tactics lines (When you go to "Talk about battle") are. It's really difficult to find out what effect they'll have half the time and the answers you can give are even worse (Although it's okay if you just think of top as decline and bottom as accept).

And as a criticism of the game design rather than the localisation, having an option to reset your character's graphs is great but making it so that you have to sit there for 10 minutes at a time talking to them over and over again in order to make it show up is just bad game design. A lot of the partner management menu stuff is really poorly implemented, from equipment to battle tactics.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh dear there goes the dream then, too bad :( Though out of curiosity did you try it with the English or Japanese version of Ad-Hoc Party? People said the Japanese is far more stable.

welp thats one test case dead D:

looks like the JP site says that its not supported too fuck.

guess the Xlink Kai frankenstein attempt is the only thing left in that case

Ryuukan

conquered

azmvst.jpg

ramyeon

Do each of the heroine's stats and skills differ enough that different battle strategies work better with different ones? Wondering what stat I should make each of them focus on.

Steel

Banned
Oh dear there goes the dream then, too bad :( Though out of curiosity did you try it with the English or Japanese version of Ad-Hoc Party? People said the Japanese is far more stable.

English. Doubt it'll work with the japanese version though.

I've heard of Xlink Kai, haven't used it though. I'd be willing to try it out. And what do you mean by "frankenstein attempt"? Got any info you can link to?

Parakeetman

Do each of the heroine's stats and skills differ enough that different battle strategies work better with different ones? Wondering what stat I should make each of them focus on.

Yes generally. My Silica is great for support, Lisbeth works well for stun locking bosses, Strea is pure offensive power, etc.

Parakeetman

I've heard of Xlink Kai, haven't used it though. I'd be willing to try it out. And what do you mean by "frankenstein attempt"? Got any info you can link to?

this was pretty much all the info I found initially

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125788844&postcount=1911

called it frankenstein attempt since its not exactly made for the PSV it was used mainly during the PSP days for monster hunter. that and folks have varying levels of messing around they need to do to get it to work. from simple to wtf is going on.

Hmm I guess that seals it then, damn :( But yeah about the Xlink attempt, I do have a dongle that was compatible ages ago so I would be willing to help test

Well it might be worth a try atleast but you're probably right :/ And if Parakeet can tell us how I will play the Xlink guinea pig if I can :p

called it frankenstein attempt since its not exactly made for the PSV it was used mainly during the PSP days for monster hunter. that and folks have varying levels of messing around they need to do to get it to work. from simple to wtf is going on.

Well if we find one more person with a compatible dongle we can try it out!

Steel

Banned

Hmm. I'll try it out. Adhoc party isn't necessarily made for the ps vita either(Actually, after trying it with this particular game and looking up cases, it doesn't work with any ps vita only games). I do have it working for psp games on vita though.

It'll probably be a couple days before I have results, gotta make sure it works before I get my friends to mess around on their end anyway.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a trick to not getting seen when you try to princess carry girls on the stairs? I kept messing up and resetting their moods ( ´_ゝ`)

Hmm. I'll try it out. Adhoc party isn't necessarily made for the ps vita either(Actually, after trying it with this particular game and looking up cases, it doesn't work with any ps vita only games). I do have it working for psp game on vita though.

It'll probably be a couple days before I have results, gotta make sure it works before I get my friends to mess around on their end anyway.

Do you know if you have a XLink compatible dongle? I tried it once with MHFU and in theory it isn't all that complicated, it consists of setting the dongle to reverse AP mode, then when the PSP is searching for a Ad-Hoc connection you have to manually set up the link with your PC and XLink does the rest :p

Steel

Banned
Do you know if you have a XLink compatible dongle? I tried it once with MHFU and in theory it isn't all that complicated, it consists of setting the dongle to reverse AP mode, then when the PSP is searching for a Ad-Hoc connection you have to manually set up the link with your PC and XLink does the rest :p

No, I don't. Even if I did, my friends don't. Is it completely necessary? Haven't taken an in-depth look at it yet.

Edit:

Actually as it turns out I think I have the Linksys router that would work with it, however I can almost gurantee my friends probably do not. *sigh* Well, that sucks.

No, I don't. Even if I did, my friends don't. Is it completely necessary? Haven't taken an in-depth look at it yet.

Edit:

Actually as it turns out I think I have the Linksys router that would work with it, however I can almost gurantee my friends probably do not. *sigh* Well, that sucks.

Well I do have a compatible dongle so maybe we can test it sometimes? :eek:

Voror

Man, I feel so confused regarding all these skills and such. As well as what to spend points on. Is it possible to max all those out or are ones specifically recommended?

Parakeetman

Man, I feel so confused regarding all these skills and such. As well as what to spend points on. Is it possible to max all those out or are ones specifically recommended?

Cant max out.

Rapier
Mace

battle skills are a MUST

MSMrRound

Is there a trick to not getting seen when you try to princess carry girls on the stairs? I kept messing up and resetting their moods ( ´_ゝ`)

Exit Kirito's room->talk to them as soon as possible->bridal carry them->move towards the stairs as soon as possible (as other heroines are starting to walk into the inn).

Also, you might want to check the mood level beforehand. I usually like to go with level 5 for failproof bridal carrying.

pixxxelz

Stand right outside the inn by the front door, (enter the inn just in case an event triggers or whatever) wait a minute until no ones around and the carry her and go inside immediately and make a run for the stairs, don't turn around or stop for anything.
works 100% of the time ;)

KuroNeeko

Wow, I'm nearing the 14th episode in the anime. I just finished watching the episode where
Yui
appears. I feel
Asuna
has completely flip-flopped in terms of personality. In the first few episodes, no one wants to group with her and she's completely clueless AND estranged from everyone. When did she turn into this super affectionate, lovey-dovey Kirito fan? One minute she's like, "Psh, wateverr." and the next she's
stripping in the living room.

Is it just a case of them abbreviating events from the novels?

Defuser

Purifying fire - Cure all status for you and your partner.
Soul Stand - Increase from 300SP to 450SP.
SP regen - Self explanitory.
Storm mind - Give yourself and your party SP regen.
War cry - Give yourself and your party increased Atk and HP
Hyper armor - god mode for a few seconds
PRT armour - give yourself and your party god mode for a few seconds
PRT style - Instant refill 300SP,critical damage and all attacks will hit 100%
SP charge - instantly refill 150SP
Variable storm - instantly refill 100SP
Lightning ATK - Refill SP to the max but at a cost of lower defense
Agile Flare - Increase 300SP to 600SP but at a cost of bleed

ramyeon

Yes generally. My Silica is great for support, Lisbeth works well for stun locking bosses, Strea is pure offensive power, etc.
Cool, will definitely keep that in mind then.

----

Finally got Asuna's last two costumes. She took ages compared to Sinon. Especially her ATK one... the timing to praise for Switching is really finicky I've found. If you're too early it'll praise the sword skill she used prior to switching, if you're too late she'll just say "?" and it won't praise anything. It's also weird that sometimes it pops up saying WHAT she got praised for (Eg: Asuna was praised for using ATK Sword Skill xxx) and sometimes it'll just have a generic one saying she was praised and you got +50SP. Kind of annoying. Oh well, ALL of Asuna's outfits are great imo way better than Sinon's which were a bit of a mixed bag.
s0hbNuv.jpg

Attack

Ut8THps.jpg

Final

Voror

Purifying fire - Cure all status for you and your partner.
Soul Stand - Increase from 300SP to 450SP.
SP regen - Self explanitory.
Storm mind - Give yourself and your party SP regen.
War cry - Give yourself and your party increased Atk and HP
Hyper armor - god mode for a few seconds
PRT armour - give yourself and your party god mode for a few seconds
PRT style - Instant refill 300SP,critical damage and all attacks will hit 100%
SP charge - instantly refill 150SP
Variable storm - instantly refill 100SP
Lightning ATK - Refill SP to the max but at a cost of lower defense
Agile Flare - Increase 300SP to 600SP but at a cost of bleed

Thank you. Are the EXP ones worth using or is the effect marginal?

Listonosh

Is it wrong that I have all the waifu in bed screens as my vita backgrounds?

But on a more serious note, what constitutes a costume unlock? Only one of the parameters in the square to go beyond the Grey line or two?

Yukianesa

Neo Member
Thank you. Are the EXP ones worth using or is the effect marginal?

Absolutely worth it. The scout passive combined with the Gain Experience skill increases the amount of EXP you earn by a lot, especially if you're grinding higher level enemies.

But on a more serious note, what constitutes a costume unlock? Only one of the parameters in the square to go beyond the Grey line or two?

You unlock costumes by:

a) maxing one parameter in any given square (entering the grey area in the square) and getting one other parameter half way

or

b) leveling all three parameters half way.

cant you easily have over 1000 skill points when the lvl cap is 200 for each char?

No, you get skill points from weapon mastery, shield mastery, and evasion mastery. Once you finish all of those you'll get no more skill points. Your character's level is not related to skill points.

ramyeon

One parameter maxed and another either maxed or almost maxed, it actually seems to vary for me. When I did Asuna's buff one for example I had to max two, whereas her Def one I only maxed one and had another at just over half way. I assume it adds all the parameters together and once it hits a certain proficiency it unlocks. There's no pop up to say when it does though so you gotta keep checking character info when you think you're near haha.

ramyeon

You unlock costumes by:

a) maxing one parameter in any given square (entering the grey area in the square) and getting one other parameter half way

or

b) leveling all three parameters half way.
skill points.
I definitely had to go more than half way for some of them, also there's 4 parameters for each stat isn't there? Sword Skill + 3 unique parameters. Sword Skill definitely counts towards getting the outfits.

Top Bottom