• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

ramyeon

So only praise her when I see the icon for ATK skill right? I see her doing her sword skilks but no icon ever pops D:
Command her to do a skill, if the icon is ATK Skill then praise it yeah. There should always be an icon when she does a Sword Skill unless you've given her tactics (For whatever reason when you give specific tactics like Attack more, then the icon will only show if it's an ATK Skill). If it's Def or Buff then don't. Don't forget to praise Switching as well (Make sure you have aggro before switching).

Also make sure to nurture the stat you want to keep LAST. Otherwise you'll have to repeat yourself. I wanted Strea to be offensive so I did the Attack outfit last so I could just keep her like that.

Once you get the hang of it and work out exactly what's required then it's pretty easy. Sometimes it only takes around 15 minutes, Strea's Attack was strangely hard to raise for me and took closer to an hour probably.

kiryogi

Banned
Command her to do a skill, if the icon is ATK Skill then praise it yeah. There should always be an icon when she does a Sword Skill unless you've given her tactics (For whatever reason when you give specific tactics like Attack more, then the icon will only show if it's an ATK Skill). If it's Def or Buff then don't. Don't forget to praise Switching as well (Make sure you have aggro before switching).

Also make sure to nurture the stat you want to keep LAST. Otherwise you'll have to repeat yourself. I wanted Strea to be offensive so I did the Attack outfit last so I could just keep her like that.

Once you get the hang of it and work out exactly what's required then it's pretty easy. Sometimes it only takes around 15 minutes, Strea's Attack was strangely hard to raise for me and took closer to an hour probably.

Whaat. You can't freely switch. ARGH. Tell me this now why don't you. XD Gotta refocus on other stats XD She's like lvl99 now too

ramyeon

Whaat. You can't freely switch. ARGH. Tell me this now why don't you. XD Gotta refocus on other stats XD She's like lvl99 now too
You can freely switch between outfits but not stats. You will be resetting your stats after getting each outfit except of course the last one.

PewPewK

Wow, I'm nearing the 14th episode in the anime. I just finished watching the episode where
Yui
appears. I feel
Asuna
has completely flip-flopped in terms of personality. In the first few episodes, no one wants to group with her and she's completely clueless AND estranged from everyone. When did she turn into this super affectionate, lovey-dovey Kirito fan? One minute she's like, "Psh, wateverr." and the next she's
stripping in the living room.

Is it just a case of them abbreviating events from the novels?

I know, I know. I'm a few pages off now in replying to you, but the novels are very much not in the same order as the TV show.

Episode 1-14 Spoilers Ahead...

SAO was just made as an entry into what is basically a first-time writer's contest and was never intended to be turned into a series. The first light novel covers episode 1, then episode 8-10, the latter half of 13, and all of 14. Yui, Liz, Silica, etc. are not actually characters in the first volume. All of these characters were instead introduced in subsequent volumes. In volume 2 he writes in the Silica's, Sachi's, Liz's, and Yui's short stories, which take place in-between the events of volume 1. The other unaccounted episodes are in a Side Stories volume he published some time after that.

So to answer your question, in the original volume we never even saw Asuna as a cold and serious player. That story came in the Side Stories volume much later. She was always written love-dubby, and the serious attitude was actually a change. Chalk it up to him not really planning ahead all too well.

Stuart444

You can just go up to the bed and "Rest" at any time but that isn't going to increase your friendship level asfaik. You need to do the whole process of talking until mood 5, bridal carry, bed scene over and over again to increase friendship level.

Watch Havian's video on how to get the bed scene if that's confusing: http://youtu.be/XLypxcl2To4

Yup, that's why I put '' around sleep lol.

ramyeon

Hrm, how do you raise cooperation?
By doing what they ask in battle, but it's slow to go up. You only need raise one parameter to max and another to somewhere between half way and max (Seems to vary for me, sometimes it's half sometimes it's max or just before max) so I would just ignore Cooperation and focus on Sword Skill and Switch since these are the easiest to raise forcefully.

Mendax

daaamn if you agree with your relationship not needing any special places and such to improve it Asuna has this mischievous giggle/laugh that is just toooo cute.

i want to hear it again and again...

Did anyone make sense of what the girls are actually talking about with "legendary place" "legendary bench" and "legendary table" or are they all mistranslations of the same thing?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
daaamn if you agree with your relationship not needing any special places and such to improve it Asuna has this mischievous giggle/laugh that is just toooo cute.

i want to hear it again and again...

Did anyone make sense of what the girls are actually talking about with "legendary place" "legendary bench" and "legendary table" or are they all mistranslations of the same thing?

That might be the extra area that you can take them to when the large content update patch is released.

b7b21249.jpg

Mendax

That might be the extra area that you can take them to when the large content update patch is released.

hmm ok, but what is it? a bench a table or a place lol? and do those conversations actually make sense in japanese or are they also more like random snippets? Sometimes it seems like the sentences are supposed to be connected but I can't make sense of the engrish..

edit: the ones with Sugu are also reaally easy to pull out of context: "I want Kirito to eat it" "salty, hot" "I want to improve its taste" "so embarassing" "My butt, is it big?" "about my size, do you like it?" and then SHE says "kirito, you're lewd". good times.

ramyeon

Pina is so damn annoying when trying to interact with Silica.
hmm ok, but what is it? a bench a table or a place lol? and do those conversations actually make sense in japanese or are they also more like random snippets? Sometimes it seems like the sentences are supposed to be connected but I can't make sense of the engrish..
From what I've seen it's random snippets in Japanese too.

Mendax

Pina is so damn annoying when trying to interact with Silica.

From what I've seen it's random snippets in Japanese too.

meh too bad then, but at least they could have translated the questions we have to respond to into actual questions..

Parakeetman

meh too bad then, but at least they could have translated the questions we have to respond to into actual questions..

its all random shit in japanese regardless, though whats funny is there is an actual flow chart in the game guidebook showing exactly what all the right answers are.

ramyeon

its all random shit in japanese regardless, though whats funny is there is an actual flow chart in the game guidebook showing exactly what all the right answers are.
Hahaha seriously? 99% of the time I just hit R over and over again and it works out fine lol.

Is Silica more sensitive to other people or something? So many messed up bridal carry attempts. Only ever had 1 before this.

Parakeetman

Hahaha seriously? 99% of the time I just hit R over and over again and it works out fine lol.

Is Silica more sensitive to other people or something? So many messed up bridal carry attempts. Only ever had 1 before this.

The one who actually its the easiest to mess up the conversation stuff with is Yui.

Not sure about Silica as it doesnt really talk about that stuff, but more the actual weird "random" conversation topics and what the correct answer for each one is lol.

ramyeon

The one who actually its the easiest to mess up the conversation stuff with is Yui.
Damn, even more than Silica? She's been a pain in the ass so far lol. I think Strea was the easiest so far, she didn't seem to care what I said.

Always funny that during pillow talk when they ask if I have other girls if I say yes it fills like 2 bars lol.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does anyone know the mechanics of the Starry Night door and the (I'm guessing) two giant spiders and their appearance? I was only able to oust a blue spider and then I was locked out of the other one. The location is if in the beginning temple of the Hollow world.

ramyeon

Glad I started on Silica's attack outfit first. It's a pain in the ass since her starting graph is so skewed to Def and Buff. The others are gonna be so easy lol.

Vlodril

Is there some sort of hints and tips without it being too spoilery? Just started yesterday and i am in the " i have no idea what i am doing " phase. Doesn't help with the whole O and X thing being reverse and i am canceling out of everything constantly.

Also is there a way to see where am i supposed to go in the map? I got the first quest from philia and it says go there but the map itself doesn't actually show which of the exits to go to.

MrMuscle

Is there some sort of hints and tips without it being too spoilery? Just started yesterday and i am in the " i have no idea what i am doing " phase. Doesn't help with the whole O and X thing being reverse and i am canceling out of everything constantly.

Also is there a way to see where am i supposed to go in the map? I got the first quest from philia and it says go there but the map itself doesn't actually show which of the exits to go to.

Haha im in the same boat. Ive managed to get the quests and found my way into the labyrinth. But i have no clue what im doing.

Vlodril

Mendax

odd thing is; i feel like if i could edit it I could easily turn it into something sensible :'(

Ohnonono

Can someone maybe show me a screenshot of the stat screen at the point that you have unlocked a new costume for a girl? I got Purple haired homegirl to max affection level (THAT TOOK A LOT OF BED TIME) then went out in the field and FINALLY the icons started to move around. I got her into ATTK mode and figured out how to start getting it to fill in. At this point the attack area of the chart is almost completely red. It it is a giant red square with maybe 2 very small borders around it. I would think at this point that costume would be unlocked, but even after entering town it is not. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I just saw in a post that I may still not be "past the grey line." I would still appreciate a visual if anyone can show me one :D!

Ohnonono

Hrm, how do you raise cooperation?

When they yell at you to do something (stun, LETS USE SWORD SKILLS TOGETHER) do it. If an icon that is appropriate to the part of the chart you are trying to level show up (DEF, ATTK, SUPPORT) then hit up and praise them.

ramyeon

Can someone maybe show me a screenshot of the stat screen at the point that you have unlocked a new costume for a girl? I got Purple haired homegirl to max affection level (THAT TOOK A LOT OF BED TIME) then went out in the field and FINALLY the icons started to move around. I got her into ATTK mode and figured out how to start getting it to fill in. At this point the attack area of the chart is almost completely red. It it is a giant red square with maybe 2 very small borders around it. I would think at this point that costume would be unlocked, but even after entering town it is not. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: I just saw in a post that I may still not be "past the grey line." I would still appreciate a visual if anyone can show me one :D!
I just finished Silica's attack one so here you go. I had to get two stats to the line for this one. That's not always the case and I believe it's because the other 2 were so low. This is exactly how it was after the battle it unlocked. Took me adages go this one. Around 1 hour since she refused to use attack skills for the start since her beginning graph is really leaning towards support. I am very methodical about nurturing stats for the costumes and I only focus really heavily on two parameters every time (Switch and Sword Skill for ATK, Threat and Cover for Def and Stun and Skill for Buff) to make it quicker and easier.

Ohnonono

I just finished Silica's attack one so here you go. I had to get two stats to the line for this one. That's not always the case and I believe it's because the other 2 were so low. This is exactly how it was after the battle it unlocked. Took me adages go this one. Around 1 hour since she refused to use attack skills for the start since her beginning graph is really leaning towards support. I am very methodical about nurturing stats for the costumes and I only focus really heavily on two parameters every time (Switch and Sword Skill for ATK, Threat and Cover for Def and Stun and Skill for Buff) to make it quicker and easier.

I will have to check when i get home, but I have what you have but in ALL 4 categories and it still is not unlocked as far as I can tell. There is a small chance that there is a TINY amount of grey left but it would have to be the exact same for each area cause mine is a perfect diamond. Wish I had my vita with me at work.

ramyeon

I will have to check when i get home, but I have what you have but in ALL 4 categories and it still is not unlocked as far as I can tell. There is a small chance that there is a TINY amount of grey left but it would have to be the exact same for each area cause mine is a perfect diamond. Wish I had my vita with me at work.
That doesn't sound right, it should have unlocked then.
how do you check which role your partner has in combat? like if she was set in ATK, Support etc...
Talk to them then Character Information.

Parakeetman

odd thing is; i feel like if i could edit it I could easily turn it into something sensible :'(

Honestly and this is from a development standpoint it would be a mess for them to change it with how it is currently. Would require a lot more work for something that would not pay off all that much.

So more than likely the system would be redone in the 2nd game as am sure lots of fans had the same comments about the whole dialog system as it really went untouched for the most part from the PSP version.

They did the right thing with improving the UI / Battle System and making the hollow area what it is with the budget that they had. For a 2nd game I would imagine they might try to up the ante with the fanservice in regards to having actual dialog with the other characters. To make the whole title more complete over all. As really for the most part thats the only lacking element with the title itself, since the conversations and general answers are non-sensical for the most part.

Thanks mang.

yep let me find that post and will add it now. added

Ohnonono

That doesn't sound right, it should have unlocked then.

Talk to them then Character Information.

I hope it is not a bug or something. I spent forever doing it. Am really hoping that its just that one of the parameters has not touched that grey line for some reason and when it does it will work. Seeing your graph makes me cry because I thought you had to have all 4 parameters maxed, lol. How very frustrating.

ramyeon

I hope it is not a bug or something. I spent forever doing it. Am really hoping that its just that one of the parameters has not touched that grey line for some reason and when it does it will work. Seeing your graph makes me cry because I thought you had to have all 4 parameters maxed, lol. How very frustrating.
Nope, usually only 1 maxed and another half way or close to maxed. It is very likely that you just need to raise one a bit more so it hits max.

kagete

I thought I was hot shit going Solo Multiplayer with a complete harem to level them up and I grinded my OSS implement to 500, only to find out that IT DOES NOT AUTOSAVE WHEN STAGE TRANSITIONING IN MULTIPLAYER.

I repeat:
IT DOES NOT AUTOSAVE WHEN STAGE TRANSITIONING IN MULTIPLAYER.

1 hour of grinding wasted, damn.

Question for the pros: What does SUPER ARMOR mean on an attack skill? I only purchased one Rapier attack skill so far and this one I chose had that beside the symbol and stars.

Listonosh

What are the items that we get for last hitting? I saw that I received something "Steel" for last hitting the Floor 77 boss, but I can't find it anywhere in my inventory. I also last hit the 76 boss and have no idea what item that is either.

Listonosh

I thought I was hot shit going Solo Multiplayer with a complete harem to level them up and I grinded my OSS implement to 500, only to find out that IT DOES NOT AUTOSAVE WHEN STAGE TRANSITIONING IN MULTIPLAYER.

I repeat:

Question for the pros: What does SUPER ARMOR mean on an attack skill? I only purchased one Rapier attack skill so far and this one I chose had that beside the symbol and stars.

It doesn't save but you don't lose your progress. I've died during multiplayer, and when I respawned, I had all my earned levels, nothing was lost.

Super Armor refers to the skill not being able to be interrupted by the enemy.

Parakeetman

I repeat:

Should mean that it has some invincible frames I think.

kagete

It doesn't save but you don't lose your progress. I've died during multiplayer, and when I respawned, I had all my earned levels, nothing was lost.

Super Armor refers to the skill not being able to be interrupted by the enemy.

Oh crap then I really wasted my time then. I panic closed the game (swiped away page) when I realized the afk grind I left my party on had resulted in 2 of the 3 girls dead. I thought I'd get my progress back up to the last stage transition and BAM, nothing.

If companions die in Multiplayer is it perma?

Edit: Thanks for the info Parakeetman and Listonosh

Ohnonono

I have played this game for like 6-7 hours and have yet to clear a floor or do anything in the Hollow area, lol! I am just OCD about figuring out how the partner systems work before I progress. I can go to the first boss fight whenever but not till I get some affection levels up and some armor unlocked dammit!

ramyeon

Oh man this was SO much easier to get than her Attack one. Took around 15 minutes of dashing around ordering skills as opposed to waiting for her to do them lol. Buff should be easy as well. Then only Leafa and Lis left until I have all at rank 5 and all outfits (Except Philia of course)! Note that none of the paramaters are max here. Weird, I guess it averages out the whole stat or something.

Edit: Aaaand done. This one was really quick.
Leaving Leafa and Lisbeth till tomorrow since it's like midnight here haha.

Ohnonono

Oh man this was SO much easier to get than her Attack one. Took around 15 minutes of dashing around ordering skills as opposed to waiting for her to do them lol. Buff should be easy as well. Then only Leafa and Lis left until I have all at rank 5 and all outfits (Except Philia of course)! Note that none of the paramaters are max here. Weird, I guess it averages out the whole stat or something.

This is making me rage right now. I do not understand how Strea has not had her armor unlock. Looking at that graph compared to my GIANT RED DIAMOND is insulting, lol!

Edit:With that said, with the AI as perfected as it is she is a god damned beast. I could sit back and just heal and she would eat a boss alive.

Top Bottom