• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Conan-san

If ALO players aren't subject to the death game then that allows for a set of players who at the very least can bum rush the tower with no fear of life.

I imagine the only in game reason Sugo dying in HF would be a game over is that it would probably destroy Kirito psychologically even if it was temporary.

Ohnonono

Couple of questions for those of you who are farther along:

1. How do I "reset parameters" on my partners? Someone mentioned doing that on Strea before trying to unlock her ATK BUFF and DEF costumes.

2. How do I start multiplayer mode so that I can grind some levels on all of the heroines? And is multiplayer mode only in the Hollow Area or can you do that in Aincrad?

Really enjoying the game so far. It's even deeper and more fleshed out that I hoped it would be. I purposely did not bring my Vita to work today so that I wouldn't be tempted to play on my lunch break and then get completely sucked in. It's that kind of game, AFAIK.

Quoting this post for a new page cause they are good questions.

Mendax

1. How do I "reset parameters" on my partners? Someone mentioned doing that on Strea before trying to unlock her ATK BUFF and DEF costumes.

2. How do I start multiplayer mode so that I can grind some levels on all of the heroines? And is multiplayer mode only in the Hollow Area or can you do that in Aincrad?

Really enjoying the game so far. It's even deeper and more fleshed out that I hoped it would be. I purposely did not bring my Vita to work today so that I wouldn't be tempted to play on my lunch break and then get completely sucked in. It's that kind of game, AFAIK.

multiplayer is hollow area only, and is activated through the terminal in the control room. You can then select together (co-op) or alone (singleplayer with npcs).

Yukianesa

Neo Member

You need to raise your relationship rank with your partner to at least rank 4. After that, speak to them about their battle tactics while on the field. The dialogue should appear sooner or later. It may take awhile for it to appear though.

You can start multiplayer through the terminal in the Hollow Area control room. Unfortunately, multiplayer mode is limited to the Hollow Area.

Mendax

If ALO players aren't subject to the death game then that allows for a set of players who at the very least can bum rush the tower with no fear of life.

I imagine the only in game reason Sugo dying in HF would be a game over is that it would probably destroy Kirito psychologically even if it was temporary.

even if she wouldn't die irl she would still die in-game and her session would end. I doubt she would be able to log back in after that, and since she wants to be with kirito i think she would not want to rush to her ingame death. And is her shortened name Sugu or Sugo btw??

Saphirax

How does inventory space work? I'm trying to turn in a quest but it keeps saying my inventory is full. I just sold a bunch of stuff and it's still full so I have no idea whats going on

If the number of items you'll get as a reward exceeds the amount you can carry it'll say your inventory is full. For example, if you have 5 Potions in your inventory and the quest reward gives you 6 you'll need to store the 5 Potions (or 1 potion :p) you have in order to be able to turn in the quest.

Just check the quest log, it'll tell you what the reward is for a certain quest - that is the item you need to store, sell or get rid of.

Mendax

If the number of items you'll get as a reward exceeds the amount you can carry it'll say your inventory is full. For example, if you have 5 Potions in your inventory and the quest reward gives you 6 you'll need to store the 5 Potions (or 1 potion :p) you have in order to be able to turn in the quest.

Just check the quest log, it'll tell you what the reward is for a certain quest - that is the item you need to store, sell or get rid of.

how do we store items? send them to the bank somehow or physically go somewhere?

Firestar

This worked, thanks! The quest gave me 8 and of course with my luck I had 3 on me

Ryuukan

conquered

gnblvt.jpg

Conan-san

So if I was to just go with Asuna and Klien for S. Link related shenanigans would I be missing out on anything massively important plot wise?

dragn

do you get the weapons back with the patch or only armor? and do they all start with 200 dps weapons (only could see asuna's in the inventory)

Evilmaus

So I just picked this up today. I'd barely really looked into the game much, or watched any trailers or anything. I just really like SAO and figured this should be pretty good.

I can't count the amount of times this thing has already had me smiling like an idiot, and then when the original OP for the anime kicked in, I lost my shit.

I can already tell that this is going to be one hell of a fucking ride.

Conan-san

BTB; I mind the PSP version of the future cameo's first aprences were diffrent (I mind something where Kirito's throughly confused with Leafa and dumbs out some nonsese about her not being as grown up as the Shuguha he knows) am I just minding things wrong?

Mendax

Okay guys, I just watched 14 episodes of the anime and I'm staring the game. Any story parts I've missed?

nah, the game picks up during the fight with heathcliff in episode 14. The only thing you're missing now is decent introductions to Leafa and Sinon, the best girls in town. But you'll manage :p

Cheers guys. It's just that during the tutorial they're referencing things like the boss from episode 13, but this is three years before that. I was mighty confused.

Wait 3 years before? No this is seconds after episode 14.
EDIT: were you talking about GGO when you said 3 years?

The start of the game dropped me into a field where i fought the Reaper(?) boss that was on the 75th floor. The date at the start of the game said it was 2021. I'm pretty sure the Heathcliff fight was in 2024...

Steel

Banned
*sigh* Now the game's to the point where you can't find a single sentence without a grammatical error... It's understandable, but damn man.

Either case, gonna try out the online adhoc-party multiplayer today. Hopefully it works.

The start of the game dropped me into a field where i fought the Reaper(?) boss that was on the 75th floor. The date at the start of the game said it was 2021. I'm pretty sure the Heathcliff fight was in 2024...

Personally I don't remember seeing 2021 anywhere (Asian copy) but I may have overseen that or maybe it was fluke in the script? But no this is literally the same scene as episode 14
when Kirito fights Heathcliff, wins and takes down SAO.
in this alternative telling, nothing happens and they keep on going up the floors.

Stuart444

I think I saw the 2021 thing as well. But yeah if you saw it, it was a fluke of the script, at the very start. The rest of it was correct.

I think I saw the 2021 thing as well. But yeah if you saw it, it was a fluke of the script, at the very start. The rest of it was correct.

If I remember correctly the servers opened to the public in 2022 even and by that point in the story they were on floor 75 making it impossible... Heck 2021 was the beta stage for the game no?

EDIT: correction, after checking the timeline, 2022 was when the closed beta started. So yeah it is a big fluke, SAO wasn't even up and running yet in 2021, the NerveGear had just been announced.

Stuart444

Do I need a minimum rank to start sleeping with them?

Don't think so, you can go up to the bed anytime you want if a girl is your partner. and 'sleep'. Even Yui who is rank 2 iirc when you first start the game.

But for the special Bridal Carry + Bed scenes, that's rank 5 only.

Hmm yeah that's a good point also, he wouldn't have a way to know for sure and he might not even think of the Amusphere, or rather he can't even know the Amusphere yet unless Sugu tolds him about it so he would assume she's dead D:

even if she wouldn't die irl she would still die in-game and her session would end. I doubt she would be able to log back in after that, and since she wants to be with kirito i think she would not want to rush to her ingame death. And is her shortened name Sugu or Sugo btw??

I think it's Sugu but I'm not sure. And that's another good point I mean it's a glitch that she's there in the first place so unless she can exactly reproduce the glitch she might not be able to go back yeah :(

ramyeon

You need to raise your relationship rank with your partner to at least rank 4. After that, speak to them about their battle tactics while on the field. The dialogue should appear sooner or later. It may take awhile for it to appear though.

You can start multiplayer through the terminal in the Hollow Area control room. Unfortunately, multiplayer mode is limited to the Hollow Area.
Pretty sure you've gotta be rank 5 with them to get the dialogue to appear. And just so you know (Since all the battle tactics dialogue is really really badly translated) you need to look out for when they say they've gone "off track" or something along those lines.
Do I need a minimum rank to start sleeping with them?
You need to talk to them until they're mood is level 5 "In love". Then bridal carry them from the stairs of the inn to your room and bed. Then start all over again and again and again and again. Lol.

nikos

Trying to meet the requirements for the level 76 boss, and I need to complete The Gift for the Girl. Is there a quest giver for that, or do I just need to find the materials?

Phlebas

Banned
Don't think so, you can go up to the bed anytime you want if a girl is your partner. and 'sleep'. Even Yui who is rank 2 iirc when you first start the game.

But for the special Bridal Carry + Bed scenes, that's rank 5 only.

Pretty sure you've gotta be rank 5 with them to get the dialogue to appear. And just so you know (Since all the battle tactics dialogue is really really badly translated) you need to look out for when they say they've gone "off track" or something along those lines.

You need to talk to them until they're mood is level 5 "In love". Then bridal carry them from the stairs of the inn to your room and bed. Then start all over again and again and again and again. Lol.

I feel like I'm getting conflicting reports here ; ;

ramyeon

I feel like I'm getting conflicting reports here ; ;
You can just go up to the bed and "Rest" at any time but that isn't going to increase your friendship level asfaik. You need to do the whole process of talking until mood 5, bridal carry, bed scene over and over again to increase friendship level.

Watch Havian's video on how to get the bed scene if that's confusing: http://youtu.be/XLypxcl2To4

Top Bottom