• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Decided I'd better upload my save to PS+ since I've spent so long on it and hadn't set it to auto-upload yet and now my Vita is stuck on "Please Wait..." after hitting upload. Can't cancel it and it's not doing anything ugh. Probably gonna have to force shut it off, hope this doesn't do anything to my save file.

Oh shit man, real bad timing since apparently Sony is getting DDoSed or something now. D: Folks in like a few other threads are talking about it since lots of people are having problems with PSN and such...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881273

ramyeon

Oh shit man, real bad timing since apparently Sony is getting DDoSed or something now. D: Folks in like a few other threads are talking about it since lots of people are having problems with PSN and such...
Haha yeah I noticed that just now... -.- Bad timing. It's fine thankfully. I've had bad experiences with losing save files I've invested a lot of time into haha. I'll try and back it up another day I guess lol.

Parakeetman

Haha yeah I noticed that just now... -.- Bad timing. It's fine thankfully. I've had bad experiences with losing save files I've invested a lot of time into haha. I'll try and back it up another day I guess lol.

Its a good thing I didnt attempt anything with trying to get the new Diablo today since was considering it then saw the news. D:

Man hope your save file is ok. Though usually the things are pretty robust, so hopefully no damage to it. Its not like with my 3ds once I hit the top of the cart and it popped while saving which was stupid due to how i was holding it when trying to grab the case with my other hand to put it away after saving. D: That was well bad lol

Oh yeah you could also use the content manager program for the PC and do a backup that way too. Just be careful and dont wipe out your saves like I did once. D: My P4G data and bunch of other stuff...
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html

Mendax

If it's what I think you're thinking, I found out that the bosses are time based; the north room boss is only in the day and the south is only at night.

hmm that might be it if I managed to be in the wrong room at the wrong time on both attempts. Will have to try that later, thanks in advance

Kane1345

I'm currently trying to grind scimitar to 1000 (currently at 872) but I'm having trouble finding a good spot. Can anyone advise me where to go and what to grind to increase it faster?

Jindrael

Banned
At first I was a bit hesistant about the game, the "dating" part really is only tedious and nothing substantial and the localization doesn't really help either.

BUT the exploration and combat is really really fun, today I have started to progress in the Hollow Area and it's really overwhelming how huge the whole thing is.
I'm currently lvl 109 and I'm progressing through a cathedral with lots of lvl140-160 "NM" Knight bosses, everyone of them opens the door to the next part of cathedral and it's really fun to fight my way through it.

And the special weapons I keep finding here are really awesome :D

iReOjUO.jpg

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently trying to grind scimitar to 1000 (currently at 872) but I'm having trouble finding a good spot. Can anyone advise me where to go and what to grind to increase it faster?
Weapon mastery gains slowed down to about nothing at about 800 for me too. I went into offline multiplayer and progressed through the concealed area to grind out the rest of it. You can pick up some rarity 2 weapons along the early floors too, which beats most of the stuff you can get in the early party of the hollow area for a while.

Doombear

Correct, yeah.

It's a long road to that level 5 friendship rating.
So glad I'm done with that.

Ugh. Catching up on shows and grinding the ranks up. Have a bit left on Lisbeth and then Philia and that is it! I have DEF outfits for Strea and Lisbeth, and that is all. Oddly, it is still fun. I don't know if I will ever platinum, as I am pretty sure I had a partner die once early on, and don't know if I nabbed the last shot on the 2nd floor boss I fought or not.

PewPewK

I found this elsewhere, but can confirm that it worked for me. Got Scimitar to 1000 and now have Katanas to 880.

To level a weapon fast, wear any gear that decreases attack interval (usually called Mirage stuff), equip Celerity as your passive, and use the following skills:
Stealth POS, Dancing Blade, Speed Master, Brave Storm, Star Saber, Sword Dancer, First Step

Head to Verdant Street of the Offering, and go south a map into Tunnel from Outer World. There are level 140~ beholder monsters there that have a lot of HP and easily avoidable attacks. Let your auto-attack spam on them with all the buffs on and you'll be 1000 mastery in no time.

Mendax

I see Yui has "affection bar" is there any trophy related with it?

i dont think so. she defo doesnt have her own trophy although there is one trophy that reads "raise bonds with all heroines to maximum" but i dont think yui falls under the "heroine" category.

squadr0n

Ok stupid question. Im still working on the first quest I guess in the Hollow area at the beginning of the game. I can fight everyone else fine but when i get to the giant red orc with 2 health bars I get worked. Is this not the right way for me to go atm or something? The mini-map seems to have a horrible time updating where you are in relation to where your supposed to be going.

Ive also heard that maybe I should go to Aincrad instead of doing this quest atm, how do I do this?

Doombear

I found this elsewhere, but can confirm that it worked for me. Got Scimitar to 1000 and now have Katanas to 880.

Doubly awesome! Once for the tips on skilling up, and secondly because I had NO IDEA you could equip passives. Did it ever mention that ever? I have about 5 unlocked and have never equipped a single one. Outside of the actual skill tree, does it list what your passive is anywhere else?

I also just noticed that you can edit your skills and apparently set them to use specific belts, capes, rings and orbs for each different one?! This game...

Having a hard time with the floor 80 boss
(Scythe Reaper)

I'm usually able to get his last health bar down to at least half but my partner usually ends up dying on me right at that final stretch.

Is there a way to get them to heal themselves if needed? It's hard for me to stop and make sure I use a potion (which takes forever) to keep them from dying. I think I have only died myself maybe once on this fight.

Parakeetman

Having a hard time with the floor 80 boss
(Scythe Reaper)

I'm usually able to get his last health bar down to at least half but my partner usually ends up dying on me right at that final stretch.

Is there a way to get them to heal themselves if needed? It's hard for me to stop and make sure I use a potion (which takes forever) to keep them from dying. I think I have only died myself maybe once on this fight.

there are battle skills that recover health but you will have to look for them in the skill tree.

you also need to try to tell them to back off and or defend when you can see their situation getting dangerous.

there are battle skills that recover health but you will have to look for them in the skill tree.

you also need to try to tell them to back off and or defend when you can see their situation getting dangerous.

I will look. I'm not sure if I would have those yet or not.

I have started using the defend command which is working but there's a certain AOE attack that just seems to annihilate either Asuna or I almost instantly. I will give it another shot tonight. I almost have it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Doubly awesome! Once for the tips on skilling up, and secondly because I had NO IDEA you could equip passives. Did it ever mention that ever? I have about 5 unlocked and have never equipped a single one. Outside of the actual skill tree, does it list what your passive is anywhere else?

I also just noticed that you can edit your skills and apparently set them to use specific belts, capes, rings and orbs for each different one?! This game...
Wait, for the passives to work you have to equip them? Where? To your active palette?

Doombear

Wait, for the passives to work you have to equip them? Where? To your active palette?

Find the one you want to equip in the skill tree, press O and it will warn you that you can only equip one at a time, confirm. If the game ever explained that to me, I totally missed it!

ramyeon

Find the one you want to equip in the skill tree, press O and it will warn you that you can only equip one at a time, confirm. If the game ever explained that to me, I totally missed it!
Yeah pretty sure it's never explained, I found out by accident I think lol.

Parakeetman

I will look. I'm not sure if I would have those yet or not.

I have started using the defend command which is working but there's a certain AOE attack that just seems to annihilate either Asuna or I almost instantly. I will give it another shot tonight. I almost have it.

dual swords - healing circle
1h sword - defense call
spear - stop skill (no idea what the real eng name is)

are 3 battle skills you will also want to get

for yourself most def the accuracy and sp skilks from the rapier

status recovery from mace

and more sp recovery fron katana

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You can only have one passive activated? Uh.

Mrcapcom

I'm still stuck on the first hollow mission. Why? Well I beat the main guy but I find two guys one you beat and get a axe and the other I'm guessing you beat and get a two handed sword. Is it OK to skip this guy or should I keep trying to beat him before I go to the end?

ramyeon

I'm still stuck on the first hollow mission. Why? Well I beat the main guy but I find two guys one you beat and get a axe and the other I'm guessing you beat and get a two handed sword. Is it OK to skip this guy or should I keep trying to beat him before I go to the end?
By first Hollow Mission you mean the one directly after the tutorial? Where you have to beat the guy at the end of the Orc Coliseum? You can come back whenever and get the treasures there and beat the high level monsters, no need to do it right away. Both the treasures are axes btw.

ramyeon

The road to Katana is a long and winding one
Haha indeed, although not as bad as I expected it to be with shitloads of speed buffs on. With that said, Katana Master GET! Feels good, gonna grind it up a little so I have some skills to use with it and then test it out. Hope I find a decent Katana to use soon.

dual swords - healing circle
1h sword - defense call
spear - stop skill (no idea what the real eng name is)

are 3 battle skills you will also want to get

for yourself most def the accuracy and sp skilks from the rapier

status recovery from mace

and more sp recovery fron katana

Thank you! This info should help me out a bit.

Mrcapcom

By first Hollow Mission you mean the one directly after the tutorial? Where you have to beat the guy at the end of the Orc Coliseum? You can come back whenever and get the treasures there and beat the high level monsters, no need to do it right away. Both the treasures are axes btw.
Sweet I'll skip that phew I just didn't want to miss anything lol.

ramyeon

Katana seems pretty good so far, high risk though since most of the skills don't have Super Armour so unless your timing is good you'll have your sword skills interrupted midway a LOT. Deals out pretty good damage though and seems easy to combo with OSS since the animations are a lot shorter than something like Dual Wield.

Razma1

I'm just focusing on relationships + costumes + weapon mastery mostly until the patch since I have some other games I'm playing as well. Pretty fun tho the combat takes some time to understand but I'm getting the hang of it.

Really happy we are getting games like this and Demon Gaze on Vita it's really the perfect system for em.

ramyeon

I'm just focusing on relationships + costumes + weapon mastery mostly until the patch since I have some other games I'm playing as well. Pretty fun tho the combat takes some time to understand but I'm getting the hang of it.

Really happy we are getting games like this and Demon Gaze on Vita it's really the perfect system for em.
Pretty much how I've been playing although not deliberately I just keep getting sidetracked with stuff I wanna do haha. Clocked 41 hours and I've only cleared Floor 76 :x got all the relationships and costumes done except Philia though, and I've mastered a few weapon types.

Playing around with Katana more I REALLY like it. It makes me think more about the timing of my Sword Skills and certainly try to avoid attacks more than weapons like Dual Wield were I could rely on the Super Armour of the Sword Skills. Much more precise fighting style that deals more damage out with less blows.

I really appreciate how differently each weapon plays and how you have to adjust the way you approach enemies with regards to your current weapon.

ramyeon

Holy shit the first Hollow Boss is crazy! Looks so much better than any of the other enemies I've faced so far, and it moves around a tonne too. Thought it was super easy though until suddenly Philia's health bar went way down and she died :/

Edit: Switched to Dual Wield since he moves so fast and slaughtered him. The ultimate skill for Dual Wield, Eclipse, is crazy. Took off huge chunks of his health every time.

Btw his design really reminds me of "The Imprisoned" from Skyward Sword.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What's command for the party members to stop attacking during a boss fight?
The partner one (L+down) doesn't seem to work on others.

Mendrox

Any fast way to get a girls affection (the long one, not the mood one) to level 5? Other than.. flirting in Kiritos room or grinding/praising her to death?

I want to reset Sinons stats cause I can't force her to use buffs like ATK/DEF skills which were quiet easy to grind as soon as you know how the system works. But now I am stuck in the DEF area and she uses buffs almost never (even by changing battle tactics).

Any tips? Tips would be helpful for my feature waifu grinding.

Jindrael

Banned
Any fast way to get a girls affection (the long one, not the mood one) to level 5? Other than.. flirting in Kiritos room or grinding/praising her to death?

I want to reset Sinons stats cause I can't force her to use buffs like ATK/DEF skills which were quiet easy to grind as soon as you know how the system works. But now I am stuck in the DEF area and she uses buffs almost never (even by changing battle tactics).

Any tips? Tips would be helpful for my feature waifu grinding.

Sadly no, praising until mood level 5 plus bed talk seems to be the fastest approach...
So tedious =/

ramyeon

Chatting in Kirito's room (Check the Avatar change book and exit if she stops prompting chats) is fastest. Way faster than praising in battle... but it's boring as hell and grindy. It took me roughly 20-30 hours to get all the girls to friendship level 5 and get all their battle stat costumes.

So OP right now, one shotting everything on floor 77 with 1 hit katana skills lol.

Mendrox

Chatting in Kirito's room (Check the Avatar change book and exit if she stops prompting chats) is fastest. Way faster than praising in battle... but it's boring as hell and grindy. It took me roughly 20-30 hours to get all the girls to friendship level 5 and get all their battle stat costumes.

So OP right now, one shotting everything on floor 77 with 1 hit katana skills lol.

Yeah that's sadly my problem too... I just want to have the costumes now so that I don't have to worry about them later on. It's quiet fun, but could be a bit faster overall. :) Sinon is almost finished, will do Strea after that I think

ramyeon

Yeah that's sadly my problem too... I just want to have the costumes now so that I don't have to worry about them later on. It's quiet fun, but could be a bit faster overall. :) Sinon is almost finished, will do Strea after that I think
Yep that's basically why it was the first thing I did, it probably didn't take the full 30 odd hours but that's what I had on my playtime clock when I finished haha and I really hadn't progressed much else at all at that point (Only had just found the first boos room).

ramyeon

Cleared Floor 77 with the last hit, floor bosses are so easy compared to stuff in the Hollow Area. Oh and some nice exposition with Sugu and Kirito after Floor 77.
So she wasn't teleported due to the glitch? She said she used her friend's NerveGear to log in to SAO using her ALO avatar. Hmm.. Makes sense I guess, people can't log out but they never said people can't log in... I suppose sane people just wouldn't log in to SAO after it hit the news that people had been stuck in there.
Anyway, that kind of exposition is good, much more interesting than the majority of the dialogue with the girls fawning over Kirito lol.

Parakeetman

Yeah all fine, thankfully! Still kinda apprehensive about trying again haha. Has all the PSN stuff been sorted out now?

glad to hear the data is ok! am not sure personally, but one if the guys at work said it was still going on Σ(゜Д゜)

JNA

Banned
My account finally got activated so I guess I should ask about this before purchasing it.

I've been meaning to get this game and I see that the NA version is finally released which is great. The problem is, I like getting physical copies. :(

Is that Chinese version, the one where it also has English subtitles/text very similar in the text for the NA version or is the NA much superior for English?

I don't mind just getting the digital version if that's the superior version but I prefer physical copies usually. XD

Top Bottom