• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Hikami

Just got this today, OP is really helpful since the game doesn't want to explain much to you. Only thing that's still confusing me is the skill tree.
Like say... if I wanted to use a Katana, are there prerequisites?

darkwing

Just got this today, OP is really helpful since the game doesn't want to explain much to you. Only thing that's still confusing me is the skill tree.

Yup, look at the lines connecting to the Katana

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

You will have to go through the curved sword tree first and max the skill out at 1000.

2H Sword = 1H Sword up to 1000.

Hikami

Ah I see, thanks.
By the way, I keep seeing something about an upcoming content patch, should I just wait for that to come out or is it more like end game content?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ah I see, thanks.
By the way, I keep seeing something about an upcoming content patch, should I just wait for that to come out or is it more like end game content?

Its more end game content, you wouldnt want to go wandering around in it without a good understanding of the game and its mechanics first. :)

Along with building up various skills with skill point purchases. Just know that you will not have enough skill points to fully unlock everything so do a lot of checking ahead of time for what you want to purchase.

Mendrox

Grinding for weapon mastery is soo...tedious. I am on floor 81 now (just rushed the events and the floor bosses) but somehow the grind is too boring right now. Is there any faster way than casting skills which let you auto attack faster? All the DLC except the costume pack is not on the PSN right now (with whatever reason...).

Also I guess I will wait the two days for the patch so that the implement grind wont be that tedious anymore...

Just got it.

Playing through the first section, finish it, Finally get back to meet Kirito's little Harem and..

Wait, what? The fuck is Leafa doing here?
THE FUCK IS SINON DOING HERE?!?

I NO LONGER HAVE A FRAME OF REFERENCE FOR THIS GAME HELP.

Mailbox

Grinding for weapon mastery is soo...tedious. I am on floor 81 now (just rushed the events and the floor bosses) but somehow the grind is too boring right now. Is there any faster way than casting skills which let you auto attack faster? All the DLC except the costume pack is not on the PSN right now (with whatever reason...).

Also I guess I will wait the two days for the patch so that the implement grind wont be that tedious anymore...

I found the best way to gain mastery is to do "just attacks"

When you do a burst Attack, you'll see a shine that circles into the player as he attacks. Just after it closes, press the burst attack button again to do a "just Attack". They do more damage as well, so a lil added bonus for all the Rhythm gamers out there I guess.

I have beaten the Hollow Area story section! I can finally get back to clearing Aincrad.

Can someone confirm this is indeed the case, I will be able to get the
Strea
events for the trophy that only appear before doing a certain Floor if Hollow Area is done?

No, to USE a weapon type, just find one and equip it.

However, if you want to level up the skill tree for that type, THEN you have to get whatever skill it's linked to.

For Katanas, you need to get Scimitars up to 1000 to be able to get LV1 Katana skills for example.

Got this today, played about an hour so far.
I'm assuming this is just a game where you learn as you go, the weird translations for the tutorials don't exactly help much with learning how all the mechanics work.

Mendax

I have beaten the Hollow Area story section! I can finally get back to clearing Aincrad.

Can someone confirm this is indeed the case, I will be able to get the
Strea
events for the trophy that only appear before doing a certain Floor if Hollow Area is done?.

close enough, you need to clear the hollow storyline before doing floor 90 to get the
Philia
events and thus her CGs and not
Strea's
. For the
Strea
one you need to max her affection bar before floor 90 and then make sure you get the scene where
she kisses you (could be floor 92 or 93, visit Agil's inn while alone to try to get it to show up; your event list wont tell you when to go its kind of a secret event)

close enough, you need to clear the hollow storyline before doing floor 90 to get the
Philia
events and thus her CGs and not
Strea's
. For the
Strea
one you need to max her affection bar before floor 90 and then make sure you get the scene where
she kisses you (could be floor 92 or 93, visit Agil's inn while alone to try to get it to show up; your event list wont tell you when to go its kind of a secret event)

Alright, I just need the
kiss event
then. :) I finished Hollow Area before even doing Floor 89's boss to be sure, and got a few events when that was done.

Hey guys the update is out!
15306207576_80ec6c4d0e_o.jpg

15142669988_b90e430bd3_o.jpg

15142670778_0f495f7bf1_o.jpg

Xenus

Downloading now and also it double installed some of the downloadable content lol. I wonder if that'll cause an issue

I assume display content means there are either UI changes or translation updates or both. But was does motion stability is improved mean? Maybe framerate?

pahamrick

Does this update include Sinon's GGO outfit, or is that going to be a separate DLC?

EDIT: Been having a weird issue ever since I patched. I can't seem to get the affection rating to go up for any of the girls no matter how many times I max the enjoyment bar during conversation. The little pop up notification never appears so I can't move on to holding hands or the bridal carry for the quicker method of raising the approval bar to max it out.

AHindD

Oh man I need this, but it doesn't seem to be out for the Australian/European store yet. What a bummer.

Yeah sucks :( I'm assuming it will go live when the store updates, which is disappointing as patches are typically independent to the store update.

Just started playing. Maybe I missed something but how can you tell where you need to go? I know they say to ask your partner but she usually just shows me a random map.

Just started playing. Maybe I missed something but how can you tell where you need to go? I know they say to ask your partner but she usually just shows me a random map.

For side quests or main story? Usually side quests are just on Floor 76 and main story is in the Hollow Area. You can also press the square button to see the "main event" or something. I assume thats the main story.

For side quests or main story? Usually side quests are just on Floor 76 and main story is in the Hollow Area. You can also press the square button to see the "main event" or something. I assume thats the main story.

This was right at the start. When you end up going to the cave that they claim is your first dungeon. I was rather tired when I started this game so I probably missed some pointers. I just got lucky and found it randomly, tried a few other spots following that yellow pointer on the mini map and the girl kept telling me I was going the wrong way.

TUSR

Banned
This was right at the start. When you end up going to the cave that they claim is your first dungeon. I was rather tired when I started this game so I probably missed some pointers. I just got lucky and found it randomly, tried a few other spots following that yellow pointer on the mini map and the girl kept telling me I was going the wrong way.

for clearing floors go to your guild tab in the menus and it will tell you what needs to be done before you fight a floor boss.

for the hollow area, no idea havent played any of it :S

Mendax

press Square and then Event List to see your objective for the Hollow Storyline displayed @ the blue/green-ish exclamation mark. You need to be paired with Philia and in singleplayer to do these. Talk to ther for a map displaying the zones you need to go through to get to the objective area.

the Infinity Moment storyline is pretty linear, you just follow the areas and if you miss a point on the guild tab when youre at the floor boss you go back and look for the boss/quest you missed

Really hope that we get the update here in the EU within the next day or so, i've been holding back on playing this untill the update was out, but after seeing everyone talk about it with such praise i really dont want to wait anymore :']

Mendax

Really hope that we get the update here in the EU within the next day or so, i've been holding back on playing this untill the update was out, but after seeing everyone talk about it with such praise i really dont want to wait anymore :']

why not start playing now, the first (few) hours are literally the same anyway

Most of the content like the new dungeons and stuff is endgame/close to endgame, so it wouldn't hurt to start now.

pahamrick

Well, patch changed one thing for the worst. Now if you're chatting with one of the girls and you press x after maxing the enjoyment bar to clear the talk time to speed things up it no longer counts as maxing the enjoyment bar. You have to let talk time run out itself.

Makes the affection grinding once they're level 4 even worse.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Well, patch changed one thing for the worst. Now if you're chatting with one of the girls and you press x after maxing the enjoyment bar to clear the talk time to speed things up it no longer counts as maxing the enjoyment bar. You have to let talk time run out itself.

Makes the affection grinding once they're level 4 even worse.
After extensive testing as far as just raising their affection level goes I don't think it matters whether you fill the bar or not. The bar just changes their mood so you can get bed scenes.

The only thing that seems to actually affect affection is whenever you see the orange music notes pop out of their heads. This includes praising them during battle, buying them food, etc. I maxed one of them in the middle of a chat (the trophy popped) after the bar was already full and some orange notes came out.

Top Bottom