• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
whats funny is there are actual flow charts for the o r stuff from what i saw yui seemed to be the most complex so to speak.

the flow charts are in the strategy guide

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A pair of questions, i have reached level 5 affection with Strea, but for some reason i was expecting something, do level 5 affection unlock events or something like that?
Another thing, how do i unlock main menu locked voices?

Bittercup

A pair of questions, i have reached level 5 affection with Strea, but for some reason i was expecting something, do level 5 affection unlock events or something like that?
Another thing, how do i unlock main menu locked voices?
No nothing happens, you only get a trophy on level 5 (except for Strea) and another one if you max all of them.
But I think level 5 unlocks, that you can reset their focus in battle if you want to switch roles. If you talk about battle strategy the girls will sometimes say something like "is my movement off track". A positive response sets the focus back to how they start. That's especially helpful if you want to get the different outfits.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
No nothing happens, you only get a trophy on level 5 (except for Strea) and another one if you max all of them.
But I think level 5 unlocks, that you can reset their focus in battle if you want to switch roles. If you talk about battle strategy the girls will sometimes say something like "is my movement off track". A positive response sets the focus back to how they start. That's especially helpful if you want to get the different outfits.

Oh wait i totally forgot about outfits!
How to unlock them?

Bittercup

Oh wait i totally forgot about outfits!
How to unlock them?
You have to praise them during battle for specific tasks to influence them to put the focus in this direction. For example for using atk skills to influence them in a damage dealer role.
Once you have the role filled enough (doesn't have to be full) you get an outfit. You can get 3 outfits for the roles (one for atk, buff and def each) and if you unlock all 3 you get a forth outfit.
If you want to train in a specific direction it can be helpful to talk about the battle strategy fist. Here is a good summary of what the girls say for each direction http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/734608-sword-art-online-hollow-fragment/69438732 (post 3) The dialogue will vary but the keywords are always the same. Unfortunately the lines are completely random so it can take a while before they say the line you want.
In addition you can use the commands in battle for the roles. Use switch usually counts as atk skill, heal/skill stop are buff and guard/target please are def, use skill can count as every direction depending on the strategy and role.

If you unlock the outfits for Asuna, there is a bug that she can loose her default outfit if you switch the outfit to another one and back. I think this is patched in the new patch, but since the patch isn't out in Europe I wouldn't switch her outfit, just to be safe.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You actually get the reset parameters option at affection level 4, but yeah getting to 5 is mostly pointless outside of trophies.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You have to praise them during battle for specific tasks to influence them to put the focus in this direction. For example for using atk skills to influence them in a damage dealer role.
Once you have the role filled enough (doesn't have to be full) you get an outfit. You can get 3 outfits for the roles (one for atk, buff and def each) and if you unlock all 3 you get a forth outfit.
If you want to train in a specific direction it can be helpful to talk about the battle strategy fist. Here is a good summary of what the girls say for each direction http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/734608-sword-art-online-hollow-fragment/69438732 (post 3) The dialogue will vary but the keywords are always the same. Unfortunately the lines are completely random so it can take a while before they say the line you want.
In addition you can use the commands in battle for the roles. Use switch usually counts as atk skill, heal/skill stop are buff and guard/target please are def, use skill can count as every direction depending on the strategy and role.

If you unlock the outfits for Asuna, there is a bug that she can loose her default outfit if you switch the outfit to another one and back. I think this is patched in the new patch, but since the patch isn't out in Europe I wouldn't switch her outfit, just to be safe.

With "role filled enough" do you mean all the specializations(for example ATK Support, Cooperation, Switch) of each role or maximizing one specialization of a role is enough?

I'll keep in mind that there's a bug for Asuna :)

You actually get the reset parameters option at affection level 4, but yeah getting to 5 is mostly pointless outside of trophies.
I'll keep in mind this too :)

Bittercup

With "role filled enough" do you mean all the specializations(for example ATK Support, Cooperation, Switch) of each role or maximizing one specialization of a role is enough?

I'll keep in mind that there's a bug for Asuna :)
The sum of ATK Support, Cooperation, Switch and Sword Skill together must reach a certain threshold. You don't have to maximize all of them. In general, as long as you praise for any kind of atk skill you will get the atk costume sooner or later.

isshak_gravi

Bandai Namco Europe and Australasia Community Manager for Tales, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece
Hey guys. To EU fans: sorry about not announcing the update "delay" earlier, it honestly just slipped past us. The date was actually always supposed to be that for EU but somehow the US date ended up in our press release. It's really an honest mistake which happens sometimes :| either way sorry! Regarding the dlc that was available but disappeared from the store: we're looking into what's happening. We are not removing it or anything.
Only 10 days to go for the patch! Thanks again for your patience, really.

So, SAO new player questions:

- Why am I refered to Kirito? Is it a standard thing?
- Being used to the straightforward combat of Soul Sacrifice, SAO combat is a bit confusing! Any tips?
- Never watched the anime, but Im a sucker for this kind of stuff, .Hack and etc! Should I watch some episodes? Maybe a short resumed video?
- Still no EU patch right?

- Being used to the straightforward combat of Soul Sacrifice, SAO combat is a bit confusing! Any tips?
- Never watched the anime, but Im a sucker for this kind of stuff, .Hack and etc! Should I watch some episodes? Maybe a short resumed video?

1. Kirito is the name of the main character of the anime. Your custom username will appear in combat, but everyone will still call you Kirito in voiced segments

2. Using the O button attack works wonders, but it consumes burst meter. Go to the skill menu, press Select, and you can set your skill palettes to any skills you've unlocked. Also pay attention to the RISK meter at the bottom of your screen, if it gets to 5, press down on the D pad to have your partner draw the enemies attention, decreasing your RISK meter.

3. No. You can get by just fine playing the game. And the anime is extremely weak anyway

4. As mentioned in the post above yours, the EU patch will be out in 10 days :)

Parakeetman

Hey guys. To EU fans: sorry about not announcing the update "delay" earlier, it honestly just slipped past us. The date was actually always supposed to be that for EU but somehow the US date ended up in our press release. It's really an honest mistake which happens sometimes :| either way sorry! Regarding the dlc that was available but disappeared from the store: we're looking into what's happening. We are not removing it or anything.
Only 10 days to go for the patch! Thanks again for your patience, really.

isshak, serious question which am sure you have been watching but folks are also concerned with the terrible localization quality (lack of any) more to be specific and would like some sort of proper information in regards to that considering everyone here who bought the Western localized version are paying customers.

Know its difficult for you to push for things, but any sort of information would be appreciated, since you pretty much are the only window folks have into whats going on.

No offense but read the OT thats what its there for.

Corgi

Banned
Been mostly been doing the floors. Looked into hollow stuff. So... What am I suppose to be doing? Game doesn't really explain about hollow point, implementations, and really what i should be doing.

Is there a good guide?

darkwing

Just watch the anime, you will enjoy the game more

Bittercup

Been mostly been doing the floors. Looked into hollow stuff. So... What am I suppose to be doing? Game doesn't really explain about hollow point, implementations, and really what i should be doing.

Is there a good guide?
With Philia in your party you can follow the Hollow Area storyline. Talk to her and she usually says where you should go next.
Hollow points are unimportant (or at least I haven't found any use for them). Some implements have a hollow points requirement.
Implements work like this: First you choose one from the list that you want to do. Find one of the small hollow missions that you can find when exploring the area. They are marked on the area map and when you go near a timer starts and you get a mission description (usually something like 'kill x in time y').
During those missions your actions count towards the implement.
For example, the Implement says you have to do 1000 burst attacks, do 1000 of them during those missions and the implement is complete.
Once you have finished one you can activate it in the hollow area control centre. Most of them give you only some hollow points but unlock further implements you can research, but some of the later ones can give skills and items.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The sum of ATK Support, Cooperation, Switch and Sword Skill together must reach a certain threshold. You don't have to maximize all of them. In general, as long as you praise for any kind of atk skill you will get the atk costume sooner or later.

1)because... reasons lol

2)I think that the most confusing thing at the beginning is the automatic attack, if you do nothing Kirito automatically attacks the enemy, but those attacks make almost no damage, their real purpose is to fill the SP that you'll use for sword skills that will made real damage, this system is somewhat similar to Dissidia imo.

this is what i do during fights:
-if i have enough SP then i press L or R + one face button for a skill(especially if a heroine is asking for it)
-if don't have enough SP i let Kirito attack.

honestly i don't care about Burst attack and risk lol

3)Looking at the first 14 episodes would be optimal, but i guess that the game is enjoyable in any case, i only saw few episodes, i don't know why everyone is so in love with Kirito but all the rest is clear.

4)sadly no.

Bittercup

this is what i do during fights:
-if i have enough SP then i press L or R + one face button for a skill(especially if a heroine is asking for it)
-if don't have enough SP i let Kirito attack.

honestly i don't care about Burst attack and risk lol
Using burst attacks boosts the damage of the following attack, so you can stack multiple burst attacks and finish with a sword skill, that does more damage than just using the sword skill alone.
Always use burst attacks and switch when the risk bar is full. That's more efficient :D

So I don't own a Vita but I want this game so I'm going to be buying one.

But since I live in Australia do I just need to buy an Aussie Vita and then import the english version of this game?

I know nothing about Vita.

Will USA version work for me?

Or do I need to buy a USA vita and then USA copy of this game?

Parakeetman

So I don't own a Vita but I want this game so I'm going to be buying one.

But since I live in Australia do I just need to buy an Aussie Vita and then import the english version of this game?

I know nothing about Vita.

Will USA version work for me?

Or do I need to buy a USA vita and then USA copy of this game?

i dont believe games are region locked buy the psn content is meaning you will need a psn account for the region of the games dlc you want.

Aru

After more than 23 hours, I'm getting tired of this game. It's overly repetitive. I now think it's a decent game, but I regret buying it at full price.
I'll probably finish it slowly, like one floor once in a while and play other games.

Bittercup

Oh ok so just buy an Australian Vita and then buy it off the marketplace then?
Yes. If you already have a PSN account (PS3/PS4) you can use it on the Vita as well. If you don't have one, you can create one for any region you want. The region of your PSN account solely depends on the address you choose when you create the account.
There is no region locking in regards to accounts. You can buy a Vita in Australia and use an US PSN account perfectly fine or any other mix or just use an Australian PSN account with your Vita. The only problems that can occur with accounts from different regions are payment issues. Credit cards are often not accepted between regions on PSN, but you can always just buy PSN credits on amazon or other shops.
PSN stores are not unified so the content can vary, although more for classic games (e.g. PS1), newer games are usually released at similar times. Sales are different as well, so a game in one region is not necessarily on sale in other region. Australia counts to in the 'PAL region' together with the EU, UK etc. while US is separate.
Sword Art Online is released on the Australian PSN store. You can buy it there without having to import it or rely on accounts from other regions.
If you mean with importing, getting the physical release of the game: The Vita is region-free, so you can import the Asia retail version and play it on an Australian Vita as well.

Is the franerate tweaked in the update? I notice a lot of fps drops with 2 or more mobs on screen!

Edit: also thanks for the tips! The game can get a bit overwhelming in the beggining!

Doombear

Is the franerate tweaked in the update? I notice a lot of fps drops with 2 or more mobs on screen!

You know, I thought I was going crazy as I noticed the same thing after the patch. In town especially, if there are more than a few people (which there always is in most zones there) it skips around like crazy. Good to know I am not the only one that noticed, and it is unfortunate as I just do not remember it being like that before the update.

You know, I thought I was going crazy as I noticed the same thing after the patch. In town especially, if there are more than a few people (which there always is in most zones there) it skips around like crazy. Good to know I am not the only one that noticed, and it is unfortunate as I just do not remember it being like that before the update.

After the big update? im in europe so i still havent update it!

Corgi

Banned
So what weapon types are dope? I can kinda guess dual swords might be good due to stats buffs on both.

Are any of the AI commands that are set on LR dpad worth using? Haven't seen any usage... might set buffs there.

So what weapon types are dope? I can kinda guess dual swords might be good due to stats buffs on both.

Are any of the AI commands that are set on LR dpad worth using? Haven't seen any usage... might set buffs there.

Scimmys are pretty good, and the skill tree for them leads into katanas.

And the only AI command I use is heal when they're low on health, you could probably set them to whatever you want.

Corgi

Banned
Scimmys are pretty good, and the skill tree for them leads into katanas.

And the only AI command I use is heal when they're low on health, you could probably set them to whatever you want.

yeah been leveling that up currently. I can't seem to find a good AOE sword skill for that weapon though.

Is there any strategy on leveling up weapons? not really getting a grasp on what gives me more points in a specific weapon, is it monster level?

yeah been leveling that up currently. I can't seem to find a good AOE sword skill for that weapon though.

Is there any strategy on leveling up weapons? not really getting a grasp on what gives me more points in a specific weapon, is it monster level?

Death Creep is the AoE skill I've been using. I think it's unlockable at level 4 mastery. It's only one hit though, so you do occasionally get cancelled out of it.

And some people say just auto attacking is good for raising mastery, but I haven't really tested it enough to know.

Got this game today and it seems pretty complex.........

So you start the game already on the 76th (that right?) floor?

Do you still clear all the 1-100 floors in this game?

Mailbox

Got this game today and it seems pretty complex.........

So you start the game already on the 76th (that right?) floor?

Do you still clear all the 1-100 floors in this game?

No, its just 76-100 because story things and stuff.
(well that and the hollow area which is massive)

Its more complex then you might think.
I wonder how many people will not know how to do just attacks (and thus miss out on the bonuses they entail)

RK128

Hay guys :D. Just have a few questions on the game :).

- What is the best way to max out the relationship meters for the heroines? Want to get the trophies for that but it seems to be something that will take a while to do X(. If it means anything, everyone besides Strea is Level 3-4 for that....
- What caries over for new game plus? I'm far from beating the game (as I have 12 Floors left to beat, Need to explore the Concealed Area and have to explore more of the Hallow Area (even though I beat is story line)) but I'm just wondering if my gear, levels and the like carry over when starting a new game.
- For the Events, is there anyway guide or something online that can tell me where they are? Have a three in my Event list based around the Hallow Area but they don't give clear locations on where they are (spent at least a half hour try to find the Sea of Trees location's one). Any help for that would be nice :).
- Is there a good spot for grinding for Skill Points? I get that I need to use weapons to get the points (and I have a large amount of high-stat weapons to use :D) and I got most of them at level 2-4 but just wondering where are the best spots to farm the points; even though I got a majority of the passive/non-combat skills, I want to get all of them XD.
- I know their is a guide in the OP about this, but what is the best way to unlock the bonus armors for he heroines? I read it and still am sorta confused by it :l..... Any help would be really nice :D.

I know that is a lot of questions but any help at all would be really nice :). Love the game so far and am very grateful that you guys recommended it for me (man, Gaf has a great tendency for recommending great games; you guys also pushed me into getting Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable XD!), so it would be great if these questions would be somewhat answered :).

Doombear

Hay guys :D. Just have a few questions on the game :).

- What is the best way to max out the relationship meters for the heroines? Want to get the trophies for that but it seems to be something that will take a while to do X(. If it means anything, everyone besides Strea is Level 3-4 for that....
I did what most here suggested early on. I would chat by the fountain or in my room until they hit bridal carry level, I would then leave my room, carry them back in and chat in bed... it feels so strange typing that all out. It does. That didn't take too long to get everyone to 5.

- Is there a good spot for grinding for Skill Points? I get that I need to use weapons to get the points (and I have a large amount of high-stat weapons to use :D) and I got most of them at level 2-4 but just wondering where are the best spots to farm the points; even though I got a majority of the passive/non-combat skills, I want to get all of them XD.

I had the best luck doing this:
To level a weapon fast, wear any gear that decreases attack interval (usually called Mirage stuff), equip Celerity as your passive, and use some attack speed skills. I had these I think:
Speed Master - Decreases ATK (lv 2 Rapier)
Brave Storm - raises ATK Speed/DBL ATK (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)
Sword Dancer - increases ATK Speed/Sword Skill Speed (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)

Head to Verdant Street of the Offering, and go south a map into Tunnel from Outer World. There are level 140~ beholder monsters there that have a lot of HP and easily avoidable attacks. Let your auto-attack spam on them with all the buffs on and you'll be 1000 mastery in no time. I leveled pretty damn quickly there.

- I know their is a guide in the OP about this, but what is the best way to unlock the bonus armors for he heroines? I read it and still am sorta confused by it :l..... Any help would be really nice :D.
You just want to focus on praising them when they use skills and (pressing up on the d-pad) when you see the text for the outfit you are trying to raise points for pop up aove their name (BUFF, ATTACK, DEFENSE). In addition to that, other actions raise other parts of each graph. Praising for a successful Switch will raise the Attack grid. Skill Moves together raises Attack. Having them Stun a monster, and then praising it when they do raises DEFENSE, and so on.

In ADDITION to doing that, it is important to know that once you get an outfit, it helps to reset their grids back to default. Starting from that point will take far less time than trying to take a totally depleted Attack Grid (after grinding a DEF or BUFF outfit) up enough to get the outfit. To do that, you must first have a level 5 relationship, and you must talk to them "Talk about Battle" and look for a comment they make about being "off track". The first option is basically always "don't change what you are doing" while the second is always "ok, yeah, change to that". So when they finally ask if they are off track, choose the second response option, telling them they are, and thus resetting their grids to their default positions.

Hope that actually clears some things up and doesn't make it more confusing...

RK128

I did what most here suggested early on. I would chat by the fountain or in my room until they hit bridal carry level, I would then leave my room, carry them back in and chat in bed... it feels so strange typing that all out. It does. That didn't take too long to get everyone to 5.

I had the best luck doing this:
To level a weapon fast, wear any gear that decreases attack interval (usually called Mirage stuff), equip Celerity as your passive, and use some attack speed skills. I had these I think:
Speed Master - Decreases ATK (lv 2 Rapier)
Brave Storm - raises ATK Speed/DBL ATK (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)
Sword Dancer - increases ATK Speed/Sword Skill Speed (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)

Head to Verdant Street of the Offering, and go south a map into Tunnel from Outer World. There are level 140~ beholder monsters there that have a lot of HP and easily avoidable attacks. Let your auto-attack spam on them with all the buffs on and you'll be 1000 mastery in no time. I leveled pretty damn quickly there.

You just want to focus on praising them when they use skills and (pressing up on the d-pad) when you see the text for the outfit you are trying to raise points for pop up aove their name (BUFF, ATTACK, DEFENSE). In addition to that, other actions raise other parts of each graph. Praising for a successful Switch will raise the Attack grid. Skill Moves together raises Attack. Having them Stun a monster, and then praising it when they do raises DEFENSE, and so on.

In ADDITION to doing that, it is important to know that once you get an outfit, it helps to reset their grids back to default. Starting from that point will take far less time than trying to take a totally depleted Attack Grid (after grinding a DEF or BUFF outfit) up enough to get the outfit. To do that, you must first have a level 5 relationship, and you must talk to them "Talk about Battle" and look for a comment they make about being "off track". The first option is basically always "don't change what you are doing" while the second is always "ok, yeah, change to that". So when they finally ask if they are off track, choose the second response option, telling them they are, and thus resetting their grids to their default positions.

Hope that actually clears some things up and doesn't make it more confusing...

Thanks for responding to my comment; the advice on the skill point grinding is going to be really helpful :D (sounds like it shouldn't be that much trouble; am level 119 right know, so I should be fine fighting those guys :)). The costume thing sadly still sounds a bit confusing :l.....but if anything I can just skip that if it gets to confusing; just keep everyone high leveled and things should be fine :D.

The relationship meter thing is so stupid though :l; I mean, it should be much more in-depth then it really is (....though requesting something like the S. Links from P3/P4 is not really reasonable sadly :(). Thanks again for the help :D.

Doombear

Aww, the outfits are really not that bad RK128. If you party with someone, talk to them, choose Character Info > Confirm Character info (assuming you have the new patch) you will see something like this -

ibkh6JVI6QI7Um.jpg

I am currently working on Philia's Attack outfit, so I only praise her when I see "ATK Action" pop up (see below), I usually wait a second and then press up on the D-pad to praise her.

i97IkDMFyyXQe.jpg

That will push the attack grid outwards (SOOOOOO SLOWLY) down towards "Sword Skill". The other attack actions I mentioned, successfully praising a switch or stunning/doing a sword skill when she asks me to will push the grid in those directions in Attack. Generally once you hit that gray edge on two axes (looking like I will hit "Cooperation" and "ATK support" before anything else) you usually have the outfit. At that point I will talk to her and choose 'Character info' > 'About unique armor' and hope that I finally see 'Change to Attack Armor' as an option.

If I did, and I still needed another armor set, I would then talk to her about battle over and over until the 'off track' option appears and reset her grids to their default postion. (PS, Philia isn't the best example for this because she is hard to get to Relationship Rank 5 until later... as she won't leave the GD Hollow Area yet, so no bridal carry.

Corgi

Banned
dont really get Just Attacks and Burst Attacks. I mean i get the timing, but whats the pros?

whats the point of burst attacks?

Mailbox

dont really get Just Attacks and Burst Attacks. I mean i get the timing, but whats the pros?

whats the point of burst attacks?

I'm just gonna assume you know how to do just attacks, so i won't bother with explaining the details of how to pull one off.

Basically Burst attacks are attacks that use up the burst gauge (like dodging) and do more (significantly more) damage than regular attacks. You don't get MP from them though and i don't think attack speed buffs affect them (at least not as much).

Just attacks are burst attacks handled with specific timing that do even more damage. But they also lower/ keep your burst gauge high. If you use your burst attack, your risk will increase, causing your burst gauge to low and as a result your MP to lessen in recovery time (higher burst gauge= faster MP regen). if you use a just attack, your Risk lowers, often by 1 or if you get lucky and chain a couple, you may even clear your risk.

Hope this helps.

RK128

Aww, the outfits are really not that bad RK128. If you party with someone, talk to them, choose Character Info > Confirm Character info (assuming you have the new patch) you will see something like this -

ibkh6JVI6QI7Um.jpg

I am currently working on Philia's Attack outfit, so I only praise her when I see "ATK Action" pop up (see below), I usually wait a second and then press up on the D-pad to praise her.

i97IkDMFyyXQe.jpg

That will push the attack grid outwards (SOOOOOO SLOWLY) down towards "Sword Skill". The other attack actions I mentioned, successfully praising a switch or stunning/doing a sword skill when she asks me to will push the grid in those directions in Attack. Generally once you hit that gray edge on two axes (looking like I will hit "Cooperation" and "ATK support" before anything else) you usually have the outfit. At that point I will talk to her and choose 'Character info' > 'About unique armor' and hope that I finally see 'Change to Attack Armor' as an option.

If I did, and I still needed another armor set, I would then talk to her about battle over and over until the 'off track' option appears and reset her grids to their default postion. (PS, Philia isn't the best example for this because she is hard to get to Relationship Rank 5 until later... as she won't leave the GD Hollow Area yet, so no bridal carry.

Seems to be somewhat okay to do :l. Will try to do it with a character while grinding out the relationship meters and skill points (figure I get those out of the way before finishing the Alicard floors). Thanks for the help :).

Edit: Took your advice on the skill points and man, that was a great grind :D. Got at least four-six more sword skills and most of my weapons are at least have a mastery points at 500-600 now since I last posted :). Thanks again for the help :).

Corgi

Banned
I'm just gonna assume you know how to do just attacks, so i won't bother with explaining the details of how to pull one off.

Basically Burst attacks are attacks that use up the burst gauge (like dodging) and do more (significantly more) damage than regular attacks. You don't get MP from them though and i don't think attack speed buffs affect them (at least not as much).

Just attacks are burst attacks handled with specific timing that do even more damage. But they also lower/ keep your burst gauge high. If you use your burst attack, your risk will increase, causing your burst gauge to low and as a result your MP to lessen in recovery time (higher burst gauge= faster MP regen). if you use a just attack, your Risk lowers, often by 1 or if you get lucky and chain a couple, you may even clear your risk.

Hope this helps.

I mean the thing where you set a sword skill to be a burst skill.

I'm in the
Tunnel to Dream of Gold Ore
and can't figure out what to do in the area. There's an explanation point over it in the Hollow Map.

KuroNeeko

Tried switching over to a dagger (short sword) today and MAN, talk about a DPS decrease. It was good practice, I guess.

I'm having a hard time praising my partner in time, or even knowing what exactly I want to groom her to do. Primarily using Asuna, though I did take out a cuter, named PC from another guild. She kept dying - which really cramped out date.

Wish there was a way to reset your skill points. I'd like to try out the different skill trees without investing points. Seems like the game really nudges you in the dual wield direction.

I find myself liking the game, though I can't explain why.

Is it worth it partnering up with non-essential characters? I know you can help level them up, but seems like the time needed to do so outweighs the benefits.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Using burst attacks boosts the damage of the following attack, so you can stack multiple burst attacks and finish with a sword skill, that does more damage than just using the sword skill alone.
Always use burst attacks and switch when the risk bar is full. That's more efficient :D

Hope this helps.
Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i'm looking at damages and i don't see big improvements using busrt attacks.

If for example a normal attack do 100 damage, burst attack do 1000 damage, it's 10x more damage, on paper is a lot more, but it's really worth to use them if a single sword skill do 50k-100k damage especially considering that burst attacks don't let you gain SP and often the activation of the powered sword skill happens at the wrong time when the enemy is attacking canceling the sword skill or consuming precious SP when they are needed?

Top Bottom