• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

pahamrick

After extensive testing as far as just raising their affection level goes I don't think it matters whether you fill the bar or not. The bar just changes their mood so you can get bed scenes.

The only thing that seems to actually affect affection is whenever you see the orange music notes pop out of their heads. This includes praising them during battle, buying them food, etc. I maxed one of them in the middle of a chat (the trophy popped) after the bar was already full and some orange notes came out.

Yeah, but chatting in bed before the bed CG seems to boost the affection meter faster.

Did they say why they suddenly removed 20 out of 21 DLC packs on the EU store?
It seems weird they put them for just a few days then take them out without warning...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but chatting in bed before the bed CG seems to boost the affection meter faster.
I don't think this is actually the case, I've had times where the meter doesn't move at all between right before a bed chat and right after one. The meter seems to have weird arbitrary increments that it doesn't indicate until you've increased the meter a certain amount. So like it doesn't move until you reach just the right amount, then suddenly jumps a good chunk. This has happened during non-bed chat parts too.

pahamrick

I don't think this is actually the case, I've had times where the meter doesn't move at all between right before a bed chat and right after one. The meter seems to have weird arbitrary increments that it doesn't indicate until you've increased the meter a certain amount. So like it doesn't move until you reach just the right amount, then suddenly jumps a good chunk. This has happened during non-bed chat parts too.

I'll have to pay closer attention. Going from 4 to 5 seems to take forever. Thanks for the heads up.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah from 4 to 5 definitely takes like 2 or 3 times as long as from 3 to 4. Either way, continuing to respond even after the bar is full will still help increase the affection meter. Personally I just surf the internet or something while I click the R button at a steady pace with my other hand so that I don't actually have to pay attention to any of it.

Mailbox

The content update is pretty great gameplay wise, but the how far the camera goes out now is a bit of a problem. In denser areas (like where i am in the hollow area) the camera spazzes around because of all the close walls. I think i prefer the distance of the previous camera

The content update is pretty great gameplay wise, but the how far the camera goes out now is a bit of a problem. In denser areas (like where i am in the hollow area) the camera spazzes around because of all the close walls. I think i prefer the distance of the previous camera

Yeah, I noticed that too. I never had an camera problems before the patch, but while fighting a boss the camera just broke completely.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I just stumbled into the worst hollow mission ever

Have to kill 666 of an enemy type and the quest timer set itself to 4 hours are you kidding me game (`゚A゚´)

Mendax

I just stumbled into the worst hollow mission ever

Have to kill 666 of an enemy type and the quest timer set itself to 4 hours are you kidding me game (`゚A゚´)

DLC mission, pay attention to what you download :p

and it's not that bad, easy implement research and xp and if you do heavy AOE its done in no time

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
DLC mission, pay attention to what you download :p

and it's not that bad, easy implement research and xp and if you do heavy AOE its done in no time
Yeah ended up taking me 40 minutes or so but it was a detour I wasn't planning on taking

Downloaded all the DLC before I even booted up the game for the first time so I wasn't paying attention to any of the specifics. Also thought that they would've been accessed from the DLC hollow mission option in the hollow area console.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Kirito's room seems to be an awesome place to talk with girls, with Liz and Strea i always have to push R, i need to see with other girls too.

Kirito's room is also the best spot for bride carry, you go out from the room(without the bride carry) and you are already at the stairs with the girl and no one is in the inn, Klein is always the first one to appear so you can bride carry with no problems.

I didn't know that there were different bed dialogues.

Hikami

Kirito's room seems to be an awesome place to talk with girls, with Liz and Strea i always have to push R, i need to see with other girls too.

Kirito's room is also the best spot for bride carry, you go out from the room(without the bride carry) and you are already at the stairs with the girl and no one is in the inn, Klein is always the first one to appear so you can bride carry with no problems.

I didn't know that there were different bed dialogues.

I just got max affection with Sinon yesterday by just pressing R. Klein isn't always the first one to appear though, well at least not in my game.
Silica or Liz always show up for me, but if you're already by the stairs you can still just bridal carry them back up with no problems. They don't lose their mood unless the other girl is pretty close/looking at you from what I've seen.

How does it work when you chat with a girl? When do you have to press either O or R?

Go to Kiritos room and press X to sit on his bed, then when the girl starts having orange speech bubbles press O to talk. Press O when she mentions boobs or butts and press R to everything else. It's the fastest way to raise affection or whatever the game calls it.

Meowtor

Gold Member
Can anyone tell me where the hidden treasury is? I'm at the unlock the tower portion of the hollow area and a bit lost :(

Aaaaaand Europe gets shafted again!

For those wondering about the Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment update, the free major update DLC will be available on the 8th of October.
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/514760018680631296

Damn it :( I wanted the option to farm EXP more easily :x

We get owned on the DLC too it seems, they reinstated the 20 pieces of DLC they took out but in one "Adventure Pack" like the US, but no sign of GGO costumes yet.

Caayn

I'm really late to the party but what where those 20 DLC packs everyone keeps talking about and why were they removed in the EU?

Mendrox

Aaaaaand Europe gets shafted again!

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/514760018680631296

Damn it :( I wanted the option to farm EXP more easily :x

We get owned on the DLC too it seems, they reinstated the 20 pieces of DLC they took out but in one "Adventure Pack" like the US, but no sign of GGO costumes yet.

What the fuck. It is the same game. Horrible translation for the US/EU Version. They removed all the DLC except the Adventure Pack and also delayed the fucking Patch?!

I am really mad that I supported this version and I should have imported the Asia version... it is the exact same and I would have got the physical copy and also all the DLC... Big FU to Namco Bandai. Never supporting them again.

Bittercup

I'm really late to the party but what where those 20 DLC packs everyone keeps talking about and why were they removed in the EU?
The game has several DLCs (costumes, items) and some (all?) of them are only available for a limited time and after that will be removed from the store.
I don't think they were supposed to be removed this early though. edit: November 18th was the actual time frame. Since they are free you should get what you can before they are gone.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ridiculous.

Not to mention hilarious considering they still have not addressed the shit localization "effort" all you folks who supported the game got.

Seriously I have no idea how the fuck it passed the actual submission process like that. Let alone the fact that the button for X and O are still left as the Asia region setting from what I understand hearing from you folks.

Id have to agree with you all at this point its bullshit that you folks supported the title in full yet they still have not fixed the shit localization let alone said addressed that its shit in public.

Caayn

The game has several DLCs (costumes, items) and some (all?) of them are only available for a limited time and after that will be removed from the store.
I don't think they were supposed to be removed this early though. edit: November 18th was the actual time frame. Since they are free you should get what you can before they are gone.
Thanks for the response.

That's a strange decision, why even remove the DLC at all.

bobohoro

Yeah now that is some utter nonsense. The terrible localisation, shifty DLC and now this patch delay, I am starting to regret purchasing the game at full price and giving them support for this lack of effort. Really disappointed right now.

Makes you wonder how little you can care about your customers for a pretty niche game that totally would need word of mouth and some goodwill to take off.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Sucks to hear about the delay for EU folks

In other news my long, long battle is finally over (ヽ´ω`)

R5vaQgh.jpg
(All heroines' affection maxed trophy)

Now I can get back to clearing floors

Rymuth

Picked up this game today after finally getting to episode 16 of the anime. I know it's been said before but shout out of respect to the OP (and to all you lovely folks who provided helpful advice)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of wishing they implemented some enemy scaling or made game progression a little more structured. May have made a mistake finishing the hollow area so soon as climbing Aincrad is now quite tedious since everything is incredibly weak and I'm really just grinding through the floors without any character progression (getting like 10 exp per enemy) or challenge.

Mailbox

Why is Otherworld so small compared to the other hollow areas? the aesthetic is interesting...

Oh well. After i finish the hollow area, should i continue aincrad, or do the grand quest?

Decided to finally get this now that the patch is out. Hopefully I get a decent amount done before Smash Bros. comes out and this gets thrown into the backlog lol.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Why is Otherworld so small compared to the other hollow areas? the aesthetic is interesting...

Oh well. After i finish the hollow area, should i continue aincrad, or do the grand quest?

because it was built off of the psp hardware specs. which is the platform it was on in the original form infinity moment.

kagete

Game feels really snappier overall after the patch. The 10x faster buff casting that now allows you to queue the next one while the animation is still playing for the first is awesome.

Chatting just to get pillow talk bed scenes really turns me off. Is it okay to skip this entirely and then just find what I missed on youtube? I'm worried I'll get an inferior ending for not doing all this dating stuff.

darkwing

Game feels really snappier overall after the patch. The 10x faster buff casting that now allows you to queue the next one while the animation is still playing for the first is awesome.

Chatting just to get pillow talk bed scenes really turns me off. Is it okay to skip this entirely and then just find what I missed on youtube? I'm worried I'll get an inferior ending for not doing all this dating stuff.

it's optional, unless you want to platinum the game

Mendax

has zero effect on anything story/ending/epilogue related, it's only for those that like it or want to complete the CG photoalbum / get the trophies.

the area is not as small as you might think; just the story progresses realllly fast through it. There is another waypoint, i think it was called dark swamp or something, that has 2 areas to thesouth and 6(?) to the north where you dont come at all for any story/event stuff

Not to mention hilarious considering they still have not addressed the shit localization "effort" all you folks who supported the game got.

Seriously I have no idea how the fuck it passed the actual submission process like that. Let alone the fact that the button for X and O are still left as the Asia region setting from what I understand hearing from you folks.

Id have to agree with you all at this point its bullshit that you folks supported the title in full yet they still have not fixed the shit localization let alone said addressed that its shit in public.

Wait they have actually publicly addressed it?

KuroNeeko

No real comment on this game yet.

Started it up and the first hour or so has just been one big info / story dump.

Sucks that they give you the option to customize your character's appearance / voice, but during cutscenes your name and voice both default back to Kirito.

Kind of feel like I wish they'd let you start from level 1. Oh well.

VAs are pretty good though. Really confused on who some of the characters are. Like
what is Yui doing here? Who is Leafa, Strea, and Sinon(hot).

Looks like a lot to dive into and giving feedback to your AI seems like it will be a pain. Hope it all works out! I'd like to beat this and then do Ys. Also only have a few months until Stranger of Sword City!

So many games...

Top Bottom