• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

deanote666

Finally beat the Hollow Area, those final bosses were pretty easy.. the only one that really gave me trouble was the Arlebast area boss.
I was planning on getting the platinum for this game but.. screw that implement grind ( ・᷄ ︵・᷅ )

Hope the Lost Song trophies aren't as difficult to get.

It only took me over 200 hours to get the implement trophy...

Got the platinum on 1/1/15 after 250+ hours of gameplay! You can do it! Be part of the 0.1% to get it!!!

bobawesome

Finally beat the Hollow Area, those final bosses were pretty easy.. the only one that really gave me trouble was the Arlebast area boss.
I was planning on getting the platinum for this game but.. screw that implement grind ( ・᷄ ︵・᷅ )

Hope the Lost Song trophies aren't as difficult to get.

Now you can go back to clearing the rest of the floors in Aincrad!

Hikami

It only took me over 200 hours to get the implement trophy...

Got the platinum on 1/1/15 after 250+ hours of gameplay! You can do it! Be part of the 0.1% to get it!!!
200 hours
It took me like 4 months to finally finish just the Hollow Area lol..
Don't think I'd ever finish the game if I tried that since I try to do the side content first before finishing the main story. Otherwise I'd never go back and do it once I'm done.
If only my backlog wasn't so huge... I'd be willing to put more time into the game.

deanote666

It took me like 4 months to finally finish just the Hollow Area lol..
Don't think I'd ever finish the game if I tried that since I try to do the side content first before finishing the main story. Otherwise I'd never go back and do it once I'm done.
If only my backlog wasn't so huge... I'd be willing to put more time into the game.

Just think of Lost Song to keep you going! Some elements from HF may carry over into Lost Song!

Climb the Concealed Area! If you can reach a floor where the enemies are 20+ higher than you, the Exp will come flying in!

(tries to not think about the song in LS trailers since I can't afford to get the LE)

Parakeetman

bombcast is making me worry a bit about transfering between my 3ds and n3ds. something about doing it over wifi takes 8 hours?

I have a pc so I should be able to do it normally right?

Is there a good step by step around I can bookmark?

Have a 3ds. will have a new 3ds. 32 gb microsd.

wrong thread

isnt that all the same info we had already seen? looks like siliconera was a bit late to the party

Yup nothing new here, if they had instead shown us gameplay it would have been great. For a game that is releasing in March in Japan, Bamco seems awfully quiet, but they Just put Zestiria out and they do still have God Eater 2 Rage Burst to put out between now and then so that may be why.

deanote666

Yup nothing new here, if they had instead shown us gameplay it would have been great. For a game that is releasing in March in Japan, Bamco seems awfully quiet, but they Just put Zestiria out and they do still have God Eater 2 Rage Burst to put out between now and then so that may be why.

Wasn't there a block on info from them last year that got lifted shortly before the Japanese release of HF? Maybe there's another one or something?

Stuart444

They also have Digimon Cyber Sleuth out in March as well...

Busy first few months for Bamco.

Tales of Zestiria
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Dragonball Xenoverse
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Sword Art Online: Lost Song

And I'm getting 4 of them (though will buy Rage Burst if/when it comes out here). RIP Wallet

Tales of Zestiria
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Dragonball Xenoverse
Digimon Cyber Sleuth

And I'm getting 4 of them (though will buy Rage Burst if/when it comes out here). RIP Wallet

Fair enough, they do have a busy schedule.

Lucky, I wish I could take the time to learn japanese.

Parakeetman

Tales of Zestiria
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Dragonball Xenoverse
Digimon Cyber Sleuth

problem is there has not been much of updates even when multiple articles were run. same dev build pics rather than showing anything interesting or new. with the titles coming out they need to do a bit better of a job with marketing and information.

big waste of when they had the game as the issue cover for dengeki as the info inside was piss poor

Stuart444

Fair enough, they do have a busy schedule

I'm just glad that's all they have atm. Bamco owns my soul :(.

As for the whole updates thing... eh. I pay more attention to the trailers we've gotten and when new characters are announced. That's enough for me.

But we still have a few months, I imagine there will be a big blowout in Dengeki by March. (along with a bunch of other Bamco games I'm sure >_> ). Seriously, those multi-page spreads are always nice to look through.

Stuart444

I forget if this is known but:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/2...ayable-characters-sword-art-online-lost-song/

While details from this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation are pretty light, it reveals that the two characters, Alicia and Sakuya, will both be playable in Sword Art Online: Lost Song.

Additionally, the magazine report notes that Eir Aoi and Luna Haruna will each have their own songs for the upcoming game.

I'm still quite unsure on if I should get the PS3 or the Vita version. :/ gotta decide soon.

Corgi

Banned
ps3 will hopefullly run better... but this is probably not the same engine as HF, so who knows. hope a solid 30fps for both.

Corgi

Banned
hmmm there seems to be a cellshaded outlining going on.

Game is everything parakeetman feared.

At least you can play as waifus!

Do you even have levels?

MSMrRound

B8bQg-xCMAE2gJM.jpg

Parakeetman

hmmm there seems to be a cellshaded outlining going on.

Game is everything parakeetman feared.

At least you can play as waifus!

Do you even have levels?

the hell are you going on about? if you were paying attention to my pasts about concerns with the title you would know that they have nothing to do with graphics.

Parakeetman

has there been any word of cross-save?

just did a quick check they still didnt update the main page maybe with the next page update they will add it. lots of folks saying they will buy both if the game is cross save compat. considering bannam has been pretty good about it from different titles god eater 2 rage burst and gundam breaker 2 would think they as publishers would push the devs to include it to drive purchases of both versions.

while looking for info saw lots of folks talking about macross 30 and since that title was received fairly well besides those who remember the psp ones people seem to be rather optimistic that the flying mechanics should be solid.

Will wait for names2hard4you's opinion on said tiptop translation.

Will wait until I finish HF too ( ._.)

Yeah, I actually believe they are going to do a good job this time around, seeing that people's eyes will be on them. I'm pretty darn sure that they know that they sold their Asian version copy to a lot of importers, and seeing people make jokes about "penetrations" and whatever wasn't what they were aiming for.

Regardless, I have my copy preordered with one day shipping just like I did with Hollow Fragment, so you can expect a report on it as soon as it gets to me.

just did a quick check they still didnt update the main page maybe with the next page update they will add it. lots of folks saying they will buy both if the game is cross save compat. considering bannam has been pretty good about it from different titles god eater 2 rage burst and gundam breaker 2 would think they as publishers would push the devs to include it to drive purchases of both versions.

while looking for info saw lots of folks talking about macross 30 and since that title was received fairly well besides those who remember the psp ones people seem to be rather optimistic that the flying mechanics should be solid.

And that makes sense from a sales point of view, it would be a shame of they didn't include the option. I won't be buying both copies, but I am all for more variety, and whatever can sell more and get people's interest in the game series makes me happy.

And I hope that these guys absolutely knock us out of the park with their take on SAO, I know that I have been taking one step forward, two steps back in terms of how optimistic I am, so I am hoping to eat crow and get a fantastic game that not only is fun, but also outdoes Hollow Fragment (it'll be hard though :p )

Parakeetman

Yeah, I actually believe they are going to do a good job this time around, seeing that people's eyes will be on them. I'm pretty darn sure that they know that they sold their Asian version copy to a lot of importers, and seeing people make jokes about "penetrations" and whatever wasn't what they were aiming for.

Regardless, I have my copy preordered with one day shipping just like I did with Hollow Fragment, so you can expect a report on it as soon as it gets to me.

And that makes sense from a sales point of view, it would be a shame of they didn't include the option. I won't be buying both copies, but I am all for more variety, and whatever can sell more and get people's interest in the game series makes me happy.

And I hope that these guys absolutely knock us out of the park with their take on SAO, I know that I have been taking one step forward, two steps back in terms of how optimistic I am, so I am hoping to eat crow and get a fantastic game that not only is fun, but also outdoes Hollow Fragment (it'll be hard though :p )

if anything it should be a good but different title from hollow fragment. but if this sells well and the producer was serious maybe we will get to see another game based off of the HF engine and design.

proof cross save works too is gundam breaker 2 since sales were close to even on ps3 psv

Corgi

Banned
the hell are you going on about? if you were paying attention to my pasts about concerns with the title you would know that they have nothing to do with graphics.

weren't you worried the game was gonna be too action based?

gameplay definitely seems more that line. Although I don't think I see any sword skills used in the recent trailer.

Wonder if those will have cooldowns or just be limited by mp.

Trailer looks good. Looking forward to this (and I've still not pre-ordered it. >.> )

Indeed, that snippet of the 16 players all in one room... I wonder if my Asian copy will be able to play with the Japanese one (and eventually the US one)... Not that I think I will be going online much with the game, but it'd be fun to coordinate some missions with some of the members here.

Stuart444

Indeed, that snippet of the 16 players all in one room... I wonder if my Asian copy will be able to play with the Japanese one (and eventually the US one)... Not that I think I will be going online much with the game, but it'd be fun to coordinate some missions with some of the members here.

I don't see a reason why not. I doubt the games will restrict who you play with language wise.

I don't see a reason why not. I doubt the games will restrict who you play with language wise.

it depends on how they do game updates as if versions differ most likely MP would not be compat.

It wouldn't be the first or last time that a game isn't compatible with a different region, that is why I mentioned it /: . Some games' infrastructure only allow for data communication within the same region due to the way the servers and game are coded. Again, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me personally, but it would be pretty neat to be able to run around with everyone here.

Parakeetman

It wouldn't be the first or last time that a game isn't compatible with a different region, that is why I mentioned it /: . Some games' infrastructure only allow for data communication within the same region due to the way the servers and game are coded. Again, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me personally, but it would be pretty neat to be able to run around with everyone here.

yeah the only way to know for sure is when it comes out i think since japan almost never announces cross region type of info unfortunately.

deanote666

I'm disappointed with all of e copy/paste monsters in the Lost Song trailers from HF...

Too many kobolds, skeletons, and golems from HF in there... Think I even saw the
Ice discard area boss
in the newest trailer too...

Parakeetman

I'm disappointed with all of e copy/paste monsters in the Lost Song trailers from HF...

Too many kobolds, skeletons, and golems from HF in there... Think I even saw the
Ice discard area boss
in the newest trailer too...

Considering that the world they are basing it off of is a combination of ALO + Aincrad its not really surprising that there would be similar enemy types in certain areas. So am not too worried about that.

Got the latest dengeki they had a small section in it but nothing useful. Still no word on cross save. Main HP not updated either with any new info besides the trailer and stuff. You would think that they would put the info out already so people can go and pre-order both. Since I saw a lot of folks writing they would buy both if it had cross-save.

Famitsu was useless outside of the Dragons Dogma pics. Nothing SAO related. Though not really surprising that SAO is more pushed with Dengeki with it being one of the IP the parent company owns and all that.

So the game is much shorter than HF... I'm okay with it, I'm sure that there's side content to extend the game's length for those who want it (I would hope).

As for the PS4 version, I'll be honest, I don't think it'll happen. Looking at numbers and opinions, Japan likes their handhelds. I bet that even the Ps3 version of the game won't sell nearly as much as the Vita counterpart. Cross-save could be a redeeming feature for some, being able to play on their ride to work or whatever, and then going back home and playing on their Ps3, although I'm sure the Vita TV has got them covered if they really want to play on a bigger screen.

Idk, Parakeet, you are our information broker from the land of the rising sun, what do you think?

Parakeetman

So the game is much shorter than HF... I'm okay with it, I'm sure that there's side content to extend the game's length for those who want it (I would hope).

As for the PS4 version, I'll be honest, I don't think it'll happen. Looking at numbers and opinions, Japan likes their handhelds. I bet that even the Ps3 version of the game won't sell nearly as much as the Vita counterpart. Cross-save could be a redeeming feature for some, being able to play on their ride to work or whatever, and then going back home and playing on their Ps3, although I'm sure the Vita TV has got them covered if they really want to play on a bigger screen.

Idk, Parakeet, you are our information broker from the land of the rising sun, what do you think?

I think the situation is more that artdink was familiar with the PS3 and if they had done a PS4 version would have caused various issues from the get go esp development delays.

Over here more companies are realizing that they will need to move to the PS4 and for example BanNam does know this.

I think there might be an interesting split between the two. Considering lots of folks are reference Macross30 which are PS3 fans so those who enjoy artdinks titles would be interested in checking it out on the PS3 over the Vita as they have not done any titles on the Vita. While the fans from Hollow Fragment would pick up the vita version possibly but at the same time saw lots of comments depending on how cross save if it is in there people would buy both versions.

Will be interesting to see how God Eater 2: RB does on PS4 with there being a Vita version. Might influence their decision.

Yeah agreed, I also do hope that this shift in development for both platforms makes the decision to bring these games to the West more viable!

I think the situation is more that artdink was familiar with the PS3 and if they had done a PS4 version would have caused various issues from the get go esp development delays.

Over here more companies are realizing that they will need to move to the PS4 and for example BanNam does know this.

I think there might be an interesting split between the two. Considering lots of folks are reference Macross30 which are PS3 fans so those who enjoy artdinks titles would be interested in checking it out on the PS3 over the Vita as they have not done any titles on the Vita. While the fans from Hollow Fragment would pick up the vita version possibly but at the same time saw lots of comments depending on how cross save if it is in there people would buy both versions.

Makes sense, I feel like that cross-save really is key at this point. If they managed to do it, I am sure that the PS3 version would do just fine, if not better than what I think. I do also have to take in mind what you have said, this being artdink they will have their own fans also maybe buying the game, along with the HF fans.

It'll be interesting to see how the game does. I still think it'll sell like hot cakes aha.

Parakeetman

Yeah agreed, I also do hope that this shift in development for both platforms makes the decision to bring these games to the West more viable!

Makes sense, I feel like that cross-save really is key at this point. If they managed to do it, I am sure that the PS3 version would do just fine, if not better than what I think. I do also have to take in mind what you have said, this being artdink they will have their own fans also maybe buying the game, along with the HF fans.

It'll be interesting to see how the game does. I still think it'll sell like hot cakes aha.

Am sure it will sell well.

Really do wonder why there is no announcement about cross save yet as it should be ready by now as a feature which is why its weird that it is not on the official HP yet.

Gundam Breaker 2 was a good example of the PSV / PS3 versions both selling almost equally. The PSV version wound up being slightly higher though. Still was impressive to see an equal split like this. Which means fans will pick up a title regardless of the platform as long as it is a well made game.

Am sure it will sell well.

Really do wonder why there is no announcement about cross save yet as it should be ready by now as a feature which is why its weird that it is not on the official HP yet.

Gundam Breaker 2 was a good example of the PSV / PS3 versions both selling almost equally. The PSV version wound up being slightly higher though. Still was impressive to see an equal split like this. Which means fans will pick up a title regardless of the platform as long as it is a well made game.

The bolded is true. But let's be frank, we haven't seen much of a push for the game yet, we only had our first "good look" at the game with this trailer, and the game is out in March for you guys. I think it really has to do with how much Bamco has on their plate with releases, and they need to give them all a marketing push gradually. If by the end of February we haven't gotten any news, then I'll be worried.

maouvin

Well just to shut me up, this just released LOL:

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/16-minutes-sword-art-online-lost-song-taipei-game-show-footage

Starts at 18:00. Looks good :p

Available in the video below, the first gameplay segment starts at 18:00 and shows Argo, Silica, and Lisbeth fly around and take on a dungeon. The second segment starts around 28:10 and shows Kirito, Silica, and Lisbeth challenge the Ratatoskr boss enemy before being ambushed by the Hildisvini boss.

87 bazillion available party members, and they pick this thing.
Maybe her seiyuu was there, so they felt like they needed to pick her? lol

Go Lisbeth!

Corgi

Banned
flight looks good, gameplay looks pretty bad.

It was fine for HF because that was more 'mmorpg' with slower methodical play, but it seems like they are try to map that into a more action oriented game, and it just doesn't seem to feel right.

No impact from hits is not good. Doesn't seem to have any sort of lockon either, which could make flight fights a pain.

Anyone see any sword skills used? Skimming just see basic melee and spells.

Top Bottom