• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment |OT| Now in English | #YOLO - You Only Live Online

A: Truthfully, no. Since the US ver comes out today and the EU one tomorrow, please do support your regions even more so considering they are giving you the large content update for free. Bandai Namco will most def be looking hard at the first week sales therefore your purchases in the proper regions helps not only those in BanNam who try to push for more localized titles, but also for yourself to show them that there is indeed a market for import titles like this from Japan and to continue support with the title.

So how well did hollow fragment perform internationally for sales?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Good question, I generally dont follow the Western sales and such, so will have to wait for someone else who does to chime in.

Though Id imagine it did well enough considering they went and totally halfassed the localization costs by straight using the Asian version for the West. Therefore lowering the overall costs a lot asides from what they had to pay out for any sort of marketing / ESRB rating.

Producer

there's no hard sales numbers, but the game was the #1 best selling vita game on PSN in both NA and EU for 2 months straight. For the third month it was #3 in NA and i forget where in EU chart, but definately still in the top 10.

So i imagine with the low effort localization and the full price it was, it was probably a profitable title for Bamco in the west.

If you look at the ratings on PSN too, you'll see that SAO got a ton compared to many other games on there. Here's hoping Banco does the right, smart thing and brings LS over

Hopefully some of this info is new info.

More info in the link:

http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/01/08/roundup-collection-info-upcoming-game-sword-art-online-lost-song/

System-Tab-2.png

system-Tab.png

jonno394

Hey guys. Just reading up about this game because I've just discovered the anime. Now after reading the op and some game sites I see this game includes the psp content which is selectable from the off as well as the hollow content. The one thing I can't seem to find is what the big expansion adds. Is it post game content?

Parakeetman

Hey guys. Just reading up about this game because I've just discovered the anime. Now after reading the op and some game sites I see this game includes the psp content which is selectable from the off as well as the hollow content. The one thing I can't seem to find is what the big expansion adds. Is it post game content?

mostly post game high lv areas

Corgi

Banned
This is a terrible game to come back to after a few months lol.

I remember beating like 2 floors... and started doing the hollow stuff.

bah O confirm!

billions of skills and skill trees.

Parakeetman

So Lost Song is being developed by a different dev. What do you guys think of this? I'm a bit sad since Aquria did a great job with the game. But we shall see what Artdink does.

Am concerned, but then again its quite possible that they were chosen since they do have experience handling flight and larger enviros such as with the macross games.

Though at the same time Id be worried since the fine tuning that went into the combat system of Hollow Fragment will not be present as its not the same team...

Either way still picking it up, but not exactly happy about the news either.

Hmm that has me to think then the game design might be based off the engine / design theory they used with Macross. Looking at the radar too in the upper right makes me think of that even more so. Which might mean at the same time will be a lot more action based with less emphasis on the skill panels as would get in the way of the whole flying around thing... Really wish we had more current gameplay footage out that showed some useful stuff rather than the heavily doctored dev footage. They really did do a good job with some of the best Macross games to have come out on the PSP.

The issue with that is, if the combat does become more action based it will basically turn into Phantasy Star type of combat. Though at the same time thinking from a sales perspective with them wanting to gain more numbers someone thought it might be a good idea to have a more simplified system to try and bring in more players. As the system in Infinity Moment and Hollow Fragment did shut out less hardcore type of gamers with the design and how many things you need to manage at once...

Overall though really am concerned and its usually not a good sign when I get this feeling. Will be nice to be proven wrong when it comes out though, but still. It will be more a personal thing for me as I think the battle system that was improved from Infinity Moment, in Hollow Fragment is one of the best battle systems that has been created so far and the amount of freedom it allows for the player.

-----

Back to the topic of Artdink it makes sense using them for a quick solution as in the Macross games it flawlessly dealt with air to land type of combat as the Veritech Fighters were able to switch from flight / hover / gerwalk mode. Granted there is no sound in the vid below its perfectly what I wanted to use as a visual example for you all. Since it shows air and land combat. Should help you visualize what I mean by them most likely going to be going off of this "engine" / design. The PS3 version might be an example of what they can do with a larger world than the PSP version. That and the PS3 Macross game they did was an action rpg.

PSP - Macross Ultimate Frontier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjIx4k9PrU&spfreload=10

PS3 - Macross 30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-pa3Hz3wHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC105WvXkc

See the thing is that I liked their PSP and PS3 Macross Titles, though really am hoping they understand its the battle system which made the PSP / PSV SAO games so unique and try as much as possible to keep it intact to a reasonable level. Though I can most def see where design issues will come in the way due to the flight mechanics / gameplay involved. Guess will just have to expect the title to be something different from Hollow Fragment. Makes sense too considering that the ALO world is no longer only about sword skills and such.

Well time to hope for the best and pray that my current gut feeling is wrong. At the same time I am unable to think of anyone else who would be able to handle it.

And in case anyone is wondering if I actually know anything about the titles mentioned by Artdink. The 3 PSP ones are just repurchases I did this weekend for collecting as my other ones are boxed up and shipped off at the moment. Which is why you will still see the official seal on em.

Ultimate Frontier was one of the TOP Macross games ever made.

The subject though talk about a weird twist of fate considering these 3 PSP games just arrived in the past 2 days and 30 was sitting here on my desk as something to mess around with again for next weekend then this topic appears just about Artdink.

Forgot to add too they also have experience with having AI that flies around / fights alongside the player. Which is another thing that will be in Lost Song.

Stuart444

I'm fine with the different developer. It will be a nice chance to see what another dev can do with the game. They are obviously taking some cues from HF with Philia and Strea being in the game.

We'll see but I'm not too concerned honestly.

Corgi

Banned
something i've had a hard time figuring out is a good button layout.

like the amount of skills available is something i'd have to use my naga mouse if I was playing this on pc or something. its a bit ridiculous you can't map stuff to the touch screen.

Parakeetman

something i've had a hard time figuring out is a good button layout.

like the amount of skills available is something i'd have to use my naga mouse if I was playing this on pc or something. its a bit ridiculous you can't map stuff to the touch screen.

stop whining and git gud.

its not that hard of a system to figure out.

im more than happy to help new players but am pretty infamous for not exactly being too kind to those who stand around crying in the rain constantly.

Corgi

Banned
stop whining and git gud.

its not that hard of a system to figure out.

im more than happy to help new players but am pretty infamous for not exactly being too kind to those who stand around crying in the rain constantly.

lol its more about trying to figure out priorities. I wish you can rearrange skills in the pallete.

I want to use all these buffs before a battle, but don't have room and its a bit of a pain to go to the pallete every time. Wish there was macros of sorts, or at least let me assign stuff over the AI commands which I don't use.

For the most part I do seem to only have 2 sword skills equipped (aoe, single target)... bah

Am concerned, but then again its quite possible that they were chosen since they do have experience handling flight and larger enviros such as with the macross games.

Though at the same time Id be worried since the fine tuning that went into the combat system of Hollow Fragment will not be present as its not the same team...

Either way still picking it up, but not exactly happy about the news either.

Hmm that has me to think then the game design might be based off the engine / design theory they used with Macross. Looking at the radar too in the upper right makes me think of that even more so. Which might mean at the same time will be a lot more action based with less emphasis on the skill panels as would get in the way of the whole flying around thing... Really wish we had more current gameplay footage out that showed some useful stuff rather than the heavily doctored dev footage. They really did do a good job with some of the best Macross games to have come out on the PSP.

The issue with that is, if the combat does become more action based it will basically turn into Phantasy Star type of combat. Though at the same time thinking from a sales perspective with them wanting to gain more numbers someone thought it might be a good idea to have a more simplified system to try and bring in more players. As the system in Infinity Moment and Hollow Fragment did shut out less hardcore type of gamers with the design and how many things you need to manage at once...

Overall though really am concerned and its usually not a good sign when I get this feeling. Will be nice to be proven wrong when it comes out though, but still. It will be more a personal thing for me as I think the battle system that was improved from Infinity Moment, in Hollow Fragment is one of the best battle systems that has been created so far and the amount of freedom it allows for the player.

-----

Back to the topic of Artdink it makes sense using them for a quick solution as in the Macross games it flawlessly dealt with air to land type of combat as the Veritech Fighters were able to switch from flight / hover / gerwalk mode. Granted there is no sound in the vid below its perfectly what I wanted to use as a visual example for you all. Since it shows air and land combat. Should help you visualize what I mean by them most likely going to be going off of this "engine" / design. The PS3 version might be an example of what they can do with a larger world than the PSP version. That and the PS3 Macross game they did was an action rpg.

PSP - Macross Ultimate Frontier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjIx4k9PrU&spfreload=10

PS3 - Macross 30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-pa3Hz3wHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKC105WvXkc

See the thing is that I liked their PSP and PS3 Macross Titles, though really am hoping they understand its the battle system which made the PSP / PSV SAO games so unique and try as much as possible to keep it intact to a reasonable level. Though I can most def see where design issues will come in the way due to the flight mechanics / gameplay involved. Guess will just have to expect the title to be something different from Hollow Fragment. Makes sense too considering that the ALO world is no longer only about sword skills and such.

Well time to hope for the best and pray that my current gut feeling is wrong. At the same time I am unable to think of anyone else who would be able to handle it.

And in case anyone is wondering if I actually know anything about the titles mentioned by Artdink. The 3 PSP ones are just repurchases I did this weekend for collecting as my other ones are boxed up and shipped off at the moment. Which is why you will still see the official seal on em.

Ultimate Frontier was one of the TOP Macross games ever made.

The subject though talk about a weird twist of fate considering these 3 PSP games just arrived in the past 2 days and 30 was sitting here on my desk as something to mess around with again for next weekend then this topic appears just about Artdink.

Forgot to add too they also have experience with having AI that flies around / fights alongside the player. Which is another thing that will be in Lost Song.

I see so they have plenty of experience with flight and stuff. I am not against a phantasy star like game, but I loved SAO HFs skill tree system... I just wish they would show us more.

Parakeetman

I see so they have plenty of experience with flight and stuff. I am not against a phantasy star like game, but I loved SAO HFs skill tree system... I just wish they would show us more.

Pretty much. From what I saw with the 2nd trailer, most def it seems like they will be using the type of combat they used in the macross games with the melee actions being a chain of moves, though the added the skill use via the buttons and what looks to be the directional pad too? But still not sure on the dpad use. As kinda looks like place holder graphics at the moment. Square / Triangle attached skills and all directions for the Dpad.

The SAO: LS 2nd trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3iJmIVPvow

I need a real video to analyze since the current ones do not give me that much to go off of.

Will be a damned shame if the combat in general is watered down. As we have enough "simplified" type of action rpgs as is and kills off what made the title unique. Though I suppose they are hoping that the whole air / ground combat aspect will make up for the change with the combat system itself.

Artdink also has experience doing mid air melee combat too which you did a lot of in the PSP macross titles. On top of large bosses which were also in the game and what we see here in the 2nd trailer. So overall once again this is quite possibly the best fitting developer for the job.

Mikado

Picked up Hollow Fragment the other day... first three quests I grabbed on floor 76 get bugged, and I needed to drop them and grab them again to get them to register. (Each quest showed up twice in the cancel list,
the notes in the bee stinger thing were missing Kirby's name and he wouldn't accept them, the thing with the wild boars said to kill 8 boars and then TALK to the boars).

Is this a thing that happens often?

Other than that I'm really digging the combat. A couple of hours in but it looks like there's lots of mechanical details to dig into. I grabbed this one for the systems rather than the story/VN aspect so I'm finding the wacky mistranslations kind of charming in an "all your base" kind of way.

Corgi

Banned
is there a good efficient way of building up weapon mastery? Taking ages to get scimtar to 1000 (around 750) for katana.

Parakeetman

is there a good efficient way of building up weapon mastery? Taking ages to get scimtar to 1000 (around 750) for katana.

Try using this info, its what folks seemed to use here that worked for them

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135240328&postcount=4647

Nice weapon mastery guide, ~ 20-30 minutes for one weapon mastery:

This is a short guide to max weapon mastery at the fastest speed possible. I maxed 2-handed sword from 0 to 1000 in about ~35 min. All credits belong to the JP wiki.

Requirements:
1. Access to DLC mission "Lord of nightmare". Its a rank 1 mission so you do not need to rank up the hollow area to access it.

2. Implement "Additional Sale of D Value Impact Gear" NOT cleared.

Skills that will greatly improve the efficiency of the grind:
1. Effect booster (enhances duration of buffs)
2. Speed Master (10% reduction in attack interval)
3. Brave storm (10% reduction in attack interval)
4. Star Saber (10% reduction in attack interval)
5. Sword Dancer (5% reduction in attack interval)
6. Stealth POS (5% reduction in attack interval)
7. Speed Stance (passive skill 5% reduction in attack interval)

Not recommended to use First step because of its shorter duration. You want all your buffs to wear off at around the same time so you can reapply them all together.

Equipment to improve efficiency of the grind:
1. Weapons with as low DPS as possible. You want the mobs to die as slowly as possible.
2. Any that reduces weapon interval (e.g. Mirage belt)
3. Dodge+ gear (so you need to heal less often)
4. Hit+ gear (may or may not be needed)
5. Any necro coat (to reduce cooldown of effect booster)

The basic idea is to get your attack speed to 0. With the implement active, you get -50% attack interval and a certain amount of double attack and hit +50. So you only need to make up an additional 50% through skills and equipment to cap. Why do we need to do this during the DLC mission? The reason is because the buffs you receive during that implement is only available while the hollow mission is active. The DLC mission has a 240 min duration!

General flow is: Cast effect booster>cast other buffs>pick a mob>auto attack it to death>find another mob if buffs are still on>recast buffs as they wear off>repeat

Oh and don't forget to do this while in multi-player mode so that you can pick up the buffer ability to further improve efficiency. Needless to say, DON'T bring a partner along.

Pretty much. From what I saw with the 2nd trailer, most def it seems like they will be using the type of combat they used in the macross games with the melee actions being a chain of moves, though the added the skill use via the buttons and what looks to be the directional pad too? But still not sure on the dpad use. As kinda looks like place holder graphics at the moment. Square / Triangle attached skills and all directions for the Dpad.

The SAO: LS 2nd trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3iJmIVPvow

I need a real video to analyze since the current ones do not give me that much to go off of.

Will be a damned shame if the combat in general is watered down. As we have enough "simplified" type of action rpgs as is and kills off what made the title unique. Though I suppose they are hoping that the whole air / ground combat aspect will make up for the change with the combat system itself.

Artdink also has experience doing mid air melee combat too which you did a lot of in the PSP macross titles. On top of large bosses which were also in the game and what we see here in the 2nd trailer. So overall once again this is quite possibly the best fitting developer for the job.

I hate to say this, but you'll be my go to man for impressions on the game. I'm placing a bet on these new devs by putting down 95$ for the Asian copy, I want this game to be as fun as Hollow Fragment was. To me, that money was well spent back then because of the amount of hours that I put into the game. If they butcher the SAO games... I think I am going to be really, really sad.

Producer

seems like this thread has a bunch of good info scattered throughout its 90+ pages

one day i'm gonna quickly look through the entire thread to find some useful info/tips lol

Parakeetman

I hate to say this, but you'll be my go to man for impressions on the game. I'm placing a bet on these new devs by putting down 95$ for the Asian copy, I want this game to be as fun as Hollow Fragment was. To me, that money was well spent back then because of the amount of hours that I put into the game. If they butcher the SAO games... I think I am going to be really, really sad.

Yeah instead of the issue with actual gameplay problems like things being broken think it will most def wind up being a more personal preference type of deal here.

Im pretty sure it wont be on the level of being butchered, but most def we will have different gameplay.

Will indeed feel bad if parry, dodging and such is missing and winds up being just spam attacks / skills instead.

Picked up Hollow Fragment the other day... first three quests I grabbed on floor 76 get bugged, and I needed to drop them and grab them again to get them to register. (Each quest showed up twice in the cancel list,
the notes in the bee stinger thing were missing Kirby's name and he wouldn't accept them, the thing with the wild boars said to kill 8 boars and then TALK to the boars).

Is this a thing that happens often?

Other than that I'm really digging the combat. A couple of hours in but it looks like there's lots of mechanical details to dig into. I grabbed this one for the systems rather than the story/VN aspect so I'm finding the wacky mistranslations kind of charming in an "all your base" kind of way.

Since I went off the JP version did not actually have any real issues with the quests. But am unsure of the localized title so you might have to wait a little to see what the other guys respond with.

Granted you seem to already be doing ok with the title, this was a post of collected data from here that went and did for another user who is looking to start the game.

deanote666

I just hate how the soundtrack wasn't released outside of the special edition (and no one is selling it separately), meaning those of us that supported the US release never got it!

If I didn't find it on the Japanese SAO site, I would have never known there was a SAO song collection since they never marketed it to the US!

Trailers look great but there's a lot of familiar monsters in there...

bobawesome

After an all day Hollow Fragment marathon last night my opinion of the game has swung around dramatically. I wouldn't say I love the game but I don't hate it. It only took five months and 45 hours to get to that point.

It helps that I'm now done with the tower (and no longer need to worry about the Last Attacking Bonus) and have started to make progress with the Hollow portion of the game. For whatever reason it never clicked that I had to bring along Philia to make progress...

Corgi

Banned
new famitsu scans are out (anybody want to translate?).

image seems like the magic looks like macross missile spam lol.

Parakeetman

After an all day Hollow Fragment marathon last night my opinion of the game has swung around dramatically. I wouldn't say I love the game but I don't hate it. It only took five months and 45 hours to get to that point.

It helps that I'm now done with the tower (and no longer need to worry about the Last Attacking Bonus) and have started to make progress with the Hollow portion of the game. For whatever reason it never clicked that I had to bring along Philia to make progress...

Yeah its a huge difference between Aincrad and the Hollow Area reason being is Aincrad was designed based off of the PSP hardware since it originally appeared in Infinity Moment.

Hollow Area was designed for the Vita which is why the quality of the 2 sections of the game is so different.

I just hate how the soundtrack wasn't released outside of the special edition (and no one is selling it separately), meaning those of us that supported the US release never got it!

If I didn't find it on the Japanese SAO site, I would have never known there was a SAO song collection since they never marketed it to the US!

Trailers look great but there's a lot of familiar monsters in there...

You know know its interesting that there is no OST outside of the LE version. Had just did a quick check on amazon Japan and did not see it.

considering who the devs are would not be surprised if thats the case

unfortunately i do not have that famitsu issue. that and i hate translating things. did see a different online jp article that talked about the general controls which include
http://www.4gamer.net/games/277/G027742/20150109100/

light attack
heavy attack
side / back step
block
dash
sheath / unsheath weapon (weapon needs to be sheathed for the player to cast magic)
skill usage (which includes both sword / magic skills)

unfortunately i do not have that famitsu issue. that and i hate translating things. did see a different online jp article that talked about the general controls which include
http://www.4gamer.net/games/277/G027742/20150109100/

light attack
heavy attack
side / back step
block
dash
sheath / unsheath weapon (weapon needs to be sheathed for the player to cast magic)
skill usage (which includes both sword / magic skills)

Oh boy...

Parakeetman

Oh boy...

Id have to say at this point in time do not have high hopes for the return of the skill system in Hollow Fragment, as would require artdink to fit that into their own game code / design, which is different from what was used in Hollow Fragment.

Corgi

Banned
hope magic has some depth... weapon crafting and stuff?

Hope the framerate is better than HF at the very least.

Did those macross games run good on psp?

Id have to say at this point in time do not have high hopes for the return of the skill system in Hollow Fragment, as would require artdink to fit that into their own game code / design, which is different from what was used in Hollow Fragment.

At this point yeah, I totally agree. It isn't to say that the game will be bad, it might even turn out to be better than HF, but I sure am gonna miss the skill palette system. I wonder how it is going to work, if there will still be levels between enemies and yourself, if you are still encouraged to "break the game" by using the correct skills to down an enemy 50+ lvls above you, etc. I'm very intrigued about it, but I will admit I have to lower my expectations going into it. I know what will happen if I go in expecting another HF.

Parakeetman

hope magic has some depth... weapon crafting and stuff?

Hope the framerate is better than HF at the very least.

Did those macross games run good on psp?

for what they did and how much shit was going on at once on the screen yes. considering it was the psp also.

also the ps3 game was good too

ーーーーーーーーー

still people in general need to worry less about shit that doesnt matter such as framerate as there are countless things that can effect it and unless the game turns into a slideshow it should be a non issue

ーーーーーーーーー

on the topic of magic in sao ls will be broken down into elements just like the anime

fire, water, wind, earth, holy, dark

lisbeths upgrade system is still in the game.

simple commands to ai can be given too

regroup
reposition (distance from enemy)

thats about it for dengeki info

Parakeetman

At this point yeah, I totally agree. It isn't to say that the game will be bad, it might even turn out to be better than HF, but I sure am gonna miss the skill palette system. I wonder how it is going to work, if there will still be levels between enemies and yourself, if you are still encouraged to "break the game" by using the correct skills to down an enemy 50+ lvls above you, etc. I'm very intrigued about it, but I will admit I have to lower my expectations going into it. I know what will happen if I go in expecting another HF.

most likely if it is more pure action based will be harder to kill things you are not supposed to. esp if the risk system is no longer present as that acted as a damage multiplier and upped crit chance. where as in pure action titles or things closer to phantasy star online for example you its not as easily done or impossible due to insufficient damage output / low accuracy.

Corgi

Banned
with how important it was in Mother rosario, would be silly for them to not have some sort of OSS system at the very least.

predicting the game will turn into dungeons that are a bit musou with less enemies... so like senran kagura versus... than air stuff will be more like macross?

Parakeetman

with how important it was in Mother rosario, would be silly for them to not have some sort of OSS system at the very least.

predicting the game will turn into dungeons that are a bit musou with less enemies... so like senran kagura versus... than air stuff will be more like macross?

Not really sure yet as the footage we have does not give too strong of an impression asides from cementing the hypothesis behind what engine they will be using / why Artdink was selected to do the project.

Ive been trying to poke around more but so far no real useful information besides whats slowly being trickled out via supported JP media outlets.

Has me concerned that we do not have stronger gameplay footage yet considering the game will be out in about 2 months. Since the footage that we have seen so far is most def dev build footage in the sense that there is still placeholder resources there. Which means it was taken from an older version of the game and not what they would currently have at the moment.

Its weird too that they are not pushing the marketing a bit harder since the same month Bloodborne is going to come out in Japan also and they will most def be swamped mediawise for coverage which will go towards that title more than SAO, which means they really should be trying harder now to get more folks behind the game itself.

Oh dont get me wrong the sword skill system will be there, but its looking like it might be something more akin to Phantasy Star Online with having to set skills directly to the palette rather than also being able to open up a large menu and use those also.

Its odd too that they are not promoting Yuuki more knowing how many fans she has within the series itself. Since if folks know that she will take more of a main role rather than just a guest appearance am sure fans would buy the game just for that.

Am pretty sure they wont make it like musou reason being is will shorten the gameplay by a lot if they do that making the title something easy for people to sell therefore losing sales in the long run. Which is something impressive about Hollow Fragment is that it still holds pretty much most of its value even today sales wise.

---

On a side topic was thinking that maybe the team behind SAO IF / HF Aquria would be doing something else such as a Log Horizon game in a similar fashion. Truthfully would do up a huge proposal to get folks in behind the project as Aquria using the similar system they had with SAO:HF would work with an original story for Log Horizon. Also in some ways things will be a bit more streamlined too considering the game runs off of a class system and they can further improve their abilities with co-op play. Otherwise SP with AI partners and AI commands, that way a player who plays as a caster can enjoy the game too offline by using the AI partners as their main damage source as they support with magic.

Having seen what Aquria has done am sure they would have the knowhow / understanding to make it work also. Though what Im not sure exactly is if they did all of the resources themselves / received assistance from Bandai Namcos own game studios with the character models and whatnots.

Though would make for a pretty good game and give it some longevity if done right and the co-op side of things. Using the same system as in Hollow Fragment that allows the player to just wander around and do what they want and progress the story when they feel like it too would be perfect.

Anyways thats something that will most likely never happen though, but in a perfect world someone would already be doing that proposal.

Not that far off to consider since SAO is also a part of the Kadokawa umbrella, just like Log Horizon. Though am unsure how popular Log Horizon is in Japan.

Parakeetman

btw it does not seem to be this weeks Famitsu as there was nothing in it about Lost Song. Must have been the previous issue.

Oh boy...

Taken from Gematsu

Basic Actions

Standard Attack – A basic attack useful for combos. You can connect these to strong attacks and sword skills.
Strong Attack – A more powerful attack. When used in combination with standard attacks, you can link them with sword skills.
Step – A step action that consumes stamina used to jump left, right, back, or forth to avoid enemy attacks.
Jump – A jump to reach enemies that might be a little higher than you. Mainly useful in dungeons.
Sheathed Sword and Drawn Sword – When your sword is sheathed, you can use magic, but when your sword is drawn, you can attack with your weapon.
Guard – An action to block enemy attacks. However, guards can be broken if the player takes too many hits.
Dash – A dash attack that consumes stamina. When you’re flying, this increases the speed of your flight.
Use of Skills – Skills are available for use with your basic attacks and steps. When you’re using a sword, you can use sword skills for sword-based magic attacks.
Switch – During the middle of your attack, you can initiate a “Switch.” This is possible both on the grund and in the air, and changes the opponent’s target from you to whoever you switch with.
Online Play

You can play in cooperation with other players through online multiplayer. You’ll choose which character you want to play and log-in to the tavern lobby. Up to 16 players can enter the lobby, and up to four can form a party and go out on a quest. Difficult quests yield higher rewards.

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/sword-art-online-lost-song-story-new-characters-basic-actions-detailed

Hikami

Finally beat the Hollow Area, those final bosses were pretty easy.. the only one that really gave me trouble was the Arlebast area boss.
I was planning on getting the platinum for this game but.. screw that implement grind ( ・᷄ ︵・᷅ )

Hope the Lost Song trophies aren't as difficult to get.

Doombear

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/22/sword-art-online-lost-song-shares-details-on-how-to-fight

So pretty much, although we all kinda knew already, the game doesn't feature the same type of gameplay as Hollow Fragment, but it does have various mechanics to keep things interesting, with magic and proper usage of the stamina bar.

I hope so Names. I will give this game a chance because, faults and all, I had (and still have) a lot of fun with SoA on Vita. We will see... =(

Top Bottom