• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment |OT| Re:translated and Re:mastered

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So how does, for lack of a better aphrasing, "Kiriko" work in terms of story? Do they just cast that as if Kirito was female the whole time?

Id imagine they still refer to the character as Kirito during the voiced sections. Since even if you renamed your character they are still referred to as Kirito in the story.

It keeps happening. There isnt even a patch for EU SAO on vita yet.

This is probably the reason fot the delay. SCEE isn't known to be the fastest when it comes to deploying Vita patches, so they probably didn't want to release the PS4 game without that being up

Kiyo

Not in Aus, though.

Yet another reason I probably wont be giving them my money. Paid $60 for this game digital on the Vita. Played about 20 hours of it, loved it.

Really wanted to hop on this. It lets me restart while keeping most of my gear and levels and skills in tact.

But I am just over how shafted Australia gets with the delays and the ridiculous prices.

If you hate it so much then just use the US PSN? I have an Australian friend who does it just fine.

If you hate it so much then just use the US PSN? I have an Australian friend who does it just fine.

Because using a PSN store outside of your country is an unsupported grey area and he shouldn't have to? There is no reason for the staggered releases of games on PSN other than Sony being Sony.

Kamina777

Banned
Because using a PSN store outside of your country is an unsupported grey area and he shouldn't have to? There is no reason for the staggered releases of games on PSN other than Sony being Sony.
If it's a big a deal as he's making it out to be and someone else is getting along fine doing it, why not look into it? Clearly Sony sucks in Australia, if there's a work around d I say exploit it.

Conan-san

Id imagine they still refer to the character as Kirito during the voiced sections. Since even if you renamed your character they are still referred to as Kirito in the story.
I don't mean that. I Mean in terms of story. Because SAO with a girl as the main character suddenly takes a weird slice.

Or becames Hack//Sign.

So what's going on with the AUS Release?

Are we getting the Bundle or what? Cause i'm happy to double dip for the Bundle at $60-80 if need be.

Parakeetman

I don't mean that. I Mean in terms of story. Because SAO with a girl as the main character suddenly takes a weird slice.

Or becames Hack//Sign.

Id imagine its still the same, since doubt they would redo the whole script just for a small addition like that. As they would need to re-do all the voiced lines if so.

Abylim

I can't buy stuff for my vita on US psn without changing accounts. I dont think the save transfer would work either from my vita to ps4. Because the different region versions.

I can create a U.S. Psn for ps4 and 3 games. I have done just that. But it's not as easy as it sounds.

So how does, for lack of a better aphrasing, "Kiriko" work in terms of story? Do they just cast that as if Kirito was female the whole time?

"Kirito" is a portmanteau of his name anyways, Kirigaya Kazuto.

So it doesn't matter if your Kirito is male or female, just pretend his/her real name is different.

Please don't ask me why I know Kirito's real name.

Parakeetman

Tsukasa was a girl?

Wiki quote
In the real world, Tsukasa is a high school girl named An Shoji (荘司 杏). Her mother died when she was very young, so she was raised by her father. Her father, a businessman of some kind, subjected her to years of mental, and sometimes physical abuse and neglect. In order to escape from reality, An started playing The World, choosing a male avatar in order to further distance her character from her real self. The name "Tsukasa" comes from the character for the "Ji" (司) in "Shouji".

latest

Teknoman

Whoa. I never knew that, but then again I only had the chance to watch what was shown on Cartoon Network. Guess i've got some catching up.

Kiyo

Do we know this is even a Sony problem? Wouldn't it be a publisher problem?

Sony requires seperate submission and certification for NA and EU regions. Without that many many delays wouldn't happen. Games on Steam don't ever have that problem.

Abylim

If it was a Sony problem it would happen all the time, I'd imagine.

I'm just sick of paying more for a game to come out later. Honestly, any delay now is enough to put me off the game, or wait for a sale.

I originally lived in Canada, up until I was 17. Moved to Aus 12 years ago, and its been this way for a long time. Sometimes, very rarely we get stuff a little earlier than NA. And a good chunk of the time we get the same time. But we still get these stupid delays.

Why do I have to wait a month to play Onechanbara? And then pay like $70 AUD digital when its $40 USD digital?

anddo0

I got Hollow Fragment on sale ($11 I think) and have yet to start it. The PS4 version at $20 US is pretty tempting. I'm not sure if I'd be all in on the bundle though.

Kamina777

Banned
I wonder when she'll pull the lever that turns on the thing that pushes the button. I'm ready to say goodbye to reality for a week.

nikos

Having to start the game over will probably push me to buy this. That may sound weird, but I got about five hours into the Vita version and don't really remember how to play. This will force me to relearn rather than having to figure things out mid-game and feeling lost.

Online multiplayer is a huge bonus as well.

styl3s

Is it out today? I can't find it anywhere in the store and i know the store probably hasn't updated yet but the original post even said if you pre-order it you get the other game free but i don't see the option to pre-order it. It's as if the game doesn't exist in the psn network.

Is it out today? I can't find it anywhere in the store and i know the store probably hasn't updated yet but the original post even said if you pre-order it you get the other game free but i don't see the option to pre-order it. It's as if the game doesn't exist in the psn network.

The store won't update for a few more hours. Mid-afternoon Pacific time is usually when it happens.

Einhandr

Both RE: Hollow Fragment (for purchase) and Lost Song pre-order will be up when the store updates in a few hours.

Today you can

Pre-order Lost Song (out November) and get Hollow Fragment (out today) for free or
Buy Hollow Fragment alone

Thanks for that, the bundle I saw posted all over Twitter confused me, so bundle or not, Lost Song will release in the US/EU around November and not now, right? :eek:

Thanks for that, the bundle I saw posted all over Twitter confused me, so bundle or not, Lost Song will release in the US/EU around November and not now, right? :eek:

Yes! And it will even get a physical release.
It's not clear if EU will get the pre-order bundle at all btw. So far it doesn't look like it.

Yes! And it will even get a physical release.
It's not clear if EU will get the pre-order bundle at all btw. So far it doesn't look like it.

Alright, nice to hear about the physical release :) And hmm I can live with that, 20€ for Re: Hollow Fragment is a great price considering the updates and the amount of content the game has.

aember

Wow. I've got a fair bit of spare money so I was browsing the PS3, Vita and PS4 stores trying to figure out what to get, but I just couldn't decide whatsoever for a good 2-3 hours. Just opened up this thread, saw that the game is up and instantly bought it.

I have the game on Vita and I love it, but the framerate and lack of online co-op was a bit of a joykill. This is gonna be perfect, especially because I'm home for the week due to sickness.

night13x

So question about Lost Song -

Is there any information (or does anyone anticipate) that there may be a limited physical edition or exclusive physical preorder edition bonuses? The ps4 long song / get HF for free deal is fantastic, but I am worried that I may regret it before release for the reasons listed in this post.

Tohsaka

So question about Lost Song -

Is there any information (or does anyone anticipate) that there may be a limited physical edition or exclusive physical preorder edition bonuses? The ps4 long song / get HF for free deal is fantastic, but I am worried that I may regret it before release for the reasons listed in this post.

The Asian English versions had pre-order costume DLC, not sure if the western ones will or what.

StereoVsn

Yeah, I wanted to get a physical version of Lost Song though.

Just got the bundle anyways, downloading Re: HF now.

I think I am going to go with the physical. Through BestBuy's GCU it's almost the same price. Well, once BestBuy has it on pre-order.

night13x

The Asian English versions had pre-order costume DLC, not sure if the western ones will or what.

Thanks for the quick reply Rin. I figured there was some preorder outfit DLC.

I think I may just bite the bullet and get the standalone $20 and inport my vita save over. Then get the physical when it comes out (which I'm honestly still deciding between ps4 or vita - though I will get both eventually).

Top Bottom