• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment |OT| Re:translated and Re:mastered

aember

I'm in the Avatar Creation bit and I don't know if they did anything with the music, but the track that plays there sounds so much better with headphones than the Vita speakers. It's a very "Captain Obvious" thing, but this is the first thing I noticed and wanted to say!

:)

amarectv2015-07-2813-b0s0j.png

Hikami

Swiping down on the touchpad brings up the menu, awesome. Glad they kept that.

Translation definitely seems to be better this time around, so far anyways.

aember

Oh lord the framerate drop when you look at a bunch of people in the city is still there, for me anyway. :p

Translations seem to be solid so far, though I'm not feeling the use of the weird angled apostrophe.

Yasumi

Banned
Eh, might grab this. Couldn't really justify the memory card space it took up on my Vita when there are far better games that 4GB could've gone to. Not like there's much else JRPG-wise on PS4. That $69.99 price for Lost Song is laughable though.

Eh, might grab this. Couldn't really justify the memory card space it took up on my Vita when there are far better games that 4GB could've gone to. Not like there's much else JRPG-wise on PS4. That $69.99 price for Lost Song is laughable though.
Buying Lost Song comes with Hollow Fragment though.

Z3M0G

To get over my Rage for buying the Vita version just a few weeks ago... after today's patch, is the Vita version now on par with this one? Or does this one still have more content? Is there Cross platform multiplayer?

bomblord1

Banned
I never watched any of the anime series. Can someone gives me a link to a recap up to the point in this game please?

Watch SAO Season 1 EP 1-12 (It defaults to Season 2 you'll have to scroll down and click SAO)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online

This is a recap episode from the show with a bit of new footage but you will honestly just spoil everything for yourself without getting any of the emotional investment from the story
http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online/sword-art-online-extra-edition-movie-648529

bobawesome

The translation is pretty good from what I've seen so far and the battles feel much better. I'll be sinking another 60+ hours into this, easily.

Uthred

Sony requires seperate submission and certification for NA and EU regions. Without that many many delays wouldn't happen. Games on Steam don't ever have that problem.

They might not have the problem of needing to be certified twice but they most certainly have the problem of staggered release dates, digital oceans arent just a console phenomenon unfortunately

Teknoman

Can you invite people to lobbies? There isnt an actual lobby where you move around right? Just the room set up screen/list?

aember

Yup no problem. Just did a quest that said Recommended Level: 101. Got there and had to fight mobs that were level 119 >.<
Have you found any actual multiplayer Parties to join?

All of my Party Finder things are set to All and it's coming up with no results.

Sure, the game just came out, but I was thinking there'd be more people testing out the multiplayer. :p

Can you invite people to lobbies? There isnt an actual lobby where you move around right? Just the room set up screen/list?
It looks like it's more like Monster Hunter or something like that.

You create a Party, you pick the mission, difficulty, "sub-mission", a little message if you want and a Password if you want. Then you're booted into a big inn room where there's NPCs to sell you some basic stuff, a trading NPC if you want to trade with players and a big chest for you to drop your stuff in. Also you can change your Role (apparently there's roles!) and NPC teammate.

From there you go through a door into the main Hollow Area control room and teleport!

They might not have the problem of needing to be certified twice but they most certainly have the problem of staggered release dates, digital oceans arent just a console phenomenon unfortunately
staggered releases (except for a difference of a few hours) are an extreme rarity on Steam. Got some examples?

All of my Party Finder things are set to All and it's coming up with no results.

Sure, the game just came out, but I was thinking there'd be more people testing out the multiplayer. :p

Nope nothing yet. I'm just doing multiplayer with my NPCs

bobawesome

I mistook heroine level to mean relationship level. Darn. :(

edit: Well, multiplayer was interesting while it lasted. Got a good 5 minutes in lol.

Hikami

I mistook heroine level to mean relationship level. Darn. :(

edit: Well, multiplayer was interesting while it lasted. Got a good 5 minutes in lol.

That was you who I was just in a multiplayer session with right?

Just wanted to check if it actually worked so I left.
Not sure what I was doing with the whole mission select lol.

bobawesome

That was you who I was just in a multiplayer session with right?

Just wanted to check if it actually worked so I left.
Not sure what I was doing with the whole mission select lol.

Yep, that was me. That's absolutely fine, I wasn't looking to play too much multiplayer at the moment.

Teknoman

It looks like it's more like Monster Hunter or something like that.

You create a Party, you pick the mission, difficulty, "sub-mission", a little message if you want and a Password if you want. Then you're booted into a big inn room where there's NPCs to sell you some basic stuff, a trading NPC if you want to trade with players and a big chest for you to drop your stuff in. Also you can change your Role (apparently there's roles!) and NPC teammate.

From there you go through a door into the main Hollow Area control room and teleport!

Super itching for more RPGish MP action on consoles, and the SP looks interesting anyway since im getting into the series. The music isnt from the show is it? Sounds great, but I cant place the composer.

Stuart444

This is now making me want to buy the US version instead of waiting for next week >_< the price is good as well.

But I'm sure if I bought it now, I wouldn't play it much atm haha, damn it.

aember

Super itching for more RPGish MP action on consoles, and the SP looks interesting anyway since im getting into the series. The music isnt from the show is it? Sounds great, but I cant place the composer.
You carry over your SP data (exp/skills/gear) when you go into MP, so you'll definitely be spending some time in SP it seems!

Top Bottom