• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment |OT| Re:translated and Re:mastered

Hikami

Multiplayer is pretty fun once you know what you're doing. Joined someone and did a few missions.
H9mUZJf.jpg

If it's a hollow mission it'll show up as a green circle on the hollow area map and you just have to make your way there with your party. Not sure how the other area works.

Multiplayer is pretty fun once you know what you're doing. Joined someone and did a few missions.

If it's a hollow mission it'll show up as a green circle on the hollow area map and you just have to make your way there with your party. Not sure how the other area works.

what lvl was that boss?

Teknoman

Did you guys have npcs that filled the other roles, or do the roles actually matter?

Stuart444

If it's like the ad-hoc MP of the original version, the other area is one big training ground with lots of monsters + treasure chests.

Hikami

what lvl was that boss?
Like 150, the host had some end game gear so he was pretty much killing everything in seconds..
The difficulty was set to Hard too.
Did you guys have npcs that filled the other roles, or do the roles actually matter?
If by roles you mean "attacker, defender, buffer etc." They only affect your player's stats, like you get more defense if you select a role and such.
Doesn't really matter for the NPCs, I don't think we could even get an NPC to fill up another slot. The only NPCs there were our partners.
If it's like the ad-hoc MP of the original version, the other area is one big training ground with lots of monsters + treasure chests.
Yeah, that area has it own missions I meant. Most of the high level 200+ ones take place there it seems.

Stuart444

Yeah, that area has it own missions I meant. Most of the high level 200+ ones take place there it seems.

Really? I don't remember missions in the original in that hidden area place unless it's new. High level missions don't surprise me though.

It's a great grinding spot though :p in the original, I used it to level up some of the level 60 - 80 folk.

Dante316

To be fair, they are both very different games anyway. :) so playing one won't tell you if you'll like the other :p

True but I have been having bad luck with games recently lol. Bought dragon age inquisition didn't enjoy it. Got witcher 3, it gave me headache. Gtta me conservative with money lol.

The wiki says Infinity Moment is part of Hollow Fragment and if I pre-order Lost Song I get Hollow Fragment, so if I preorder Lost Song I end up with all three games?

Stuart444

The wiki says Infinity Moment is part of Hollow Fragment and if I pre-order Lost Song I get Hollow Fragment, so if I preorder Lost Song I end up with all three games?

*sigh*

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173088905&postcount=193

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805839

The original HF OT ^ which may answer questions about the game (since RE: HF doesn't add much, most of the info will still be relevant)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online:_Hollow_Fragment

Wikipedia link ^

To sum up: You're understanding is quite wrong. SAO: Hollow Fragment was basically a remaster of SAO: Infinity Moment (which is an alternative take on SAO, a "What if they had to do all 100 floors of Aincrad) but with better graphics and much better gameplay. The Hollow Area (aka Hollow Fragment stuff) was basically additions to the game with a storyline that takes place in the areas as opposed to being a completely separate game. Once you finish Hollow Area storyline, you even get bonuses that affect you outside the Hollow Area in the floor clearing stuff.

Lost Song is an original storyline (which includes some of the original characters from Hollow Fragment) set in ALO.

Hikami

So are the Hollow Areas something you should do once you finish the main game or something since they weren't in the original?

It's up to you really

I did the Hollow Area first because you get to use Phillia in Aincrad once you finish it. You miss some events in Aincrad as well if you go past a certain floor and you haven't finished the Hollow Area yet. I think jumping between both is the best way to go about it. You'll be too low leveled for the Hollow Area at the beginning so you should clear a few floors in Aincrad first then move on to the Hollow Area.

satori

sorry if this been asked guys but the wife asked if this game has coop/split screen. I am at work so I can not really check. She is a waiting to get this game or not base on that fact.

Stuart444

So are the Hollow Areas something you should do once you finish the main game or something since they weren't in the original?

Do it and complete it at any time BEFORE you finish the floor clearing stuff. You get a hidden boss who you can use in a new game afterwards :)

ChrisDM

That is a pretty big difference. Anyone recorded any gameplay yet?

If you have a PS4, a ton of people are streaming on Live From Playstation to watch for a bit and make a decision. That's what I've been doing.

EDIT: Which I believe are just Twitch/Ustream streams compiled there?

Teknoman

If you have a PS4, a ton of people are streaming on Live From Playstation to watch for a bit and make a decision. That's what I've been doing.

EDIT: Which I believe are just Twitch/Ustream streams compiled there?

Oh forgot about live from playstation lol. I've had a PS4 for almost a year now, and really never used that feature.

Koppai

Kind of sad that they can't do a limited physical release. When they have stuff like Godzilla on a disc...random decisions.

Shenmue

Banned
Oh man, the new translation is so much better, they've redone it completely as promised.
Overall it's actually pretty good now.

RIP penetration.

I need to play my Vita version. That is so funny!

The newest patch didn't affect the unintentionally funny translations right?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Maybe but at least one of the biggest issues is mostly sorted. (though I admit the apostrophes will probably bother me a bit but I still really like the look of it more now)

It looks seriously off with how large the spacing is.

Xenus

Sword Skills don't cost SP? The fuck? Why? Are SPs just for buffs now?

So you go from careful management to skill spamming god? That'll make the game easier but totally ruins the balance that a lot of people loved in the Vita version. Lowers the skill level involved....

Also anyone's download start at 9.8GB then they look away and suddenly it says it only needs to download 3.570GB?

Flandy

So you go from careful management to skill spamming god? That'll make the game easier but totally ruins the balance that a lot of people loved in the Vita version. Lowers the skill level involved....

Also anyone's download start at 9.8GB then they look away and suddenly it says it only needs to download 3.570GB?

That's PlayGo
Lets you start playing the game before the install/download is complete. A lot of games support this
http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/24/ps4s-playgo-system-explained-by-sonys-mark-cerny/

ramyeon

Is the translation redone from the official English Vita release or is it the same as that? There are two English versions on Vita, the Asian English version and the Western release. There was no penetration stuff in the latter. Those comparisons are comparing it to the Asian English version.

Top Bottom