• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Legends Orchestral Nintendo Concert LIVE STREAM | September 23

traveler

Not Wario
The transition into Frog's theme during the Chrono segment of last year's concert was one of the most incredible gaming music moments I've ever heard. So glad I saw this thread in time for today's. Really looking forward to the Aquatic Ambiance and SMG tracks in particular.

Wow, I am just simply aghast at the screaming perfection that was the Secret of Mana piece. I'm definitely buying this CD if I can fight through the different languages to do it.

10 / 10 for that Secret of Mana interpretation. It is simply flawless.

Xater

Going on my way now. I am so excited to see this live. :D

TheKingsCrown said:
Wow, I am just simply aghast at the screaming perfection that was the Secret of Mana piece. I'm definitely buying this CD if I can fight through the different languages to do it.

The website that sells it internationally can be switched into English.

More to get you in the mood. :p

Venom
Corneria
Ground Theme
Ground Theme 2
Ground Theme 3
Big Blue
Quicksand Groundwater Area
Mother Brain
Title
Sector 1 (SRX) SR388 Reproduction Area
Aquatic Ambience
Wind Garden
Opening Demo
Astronomical Observatory
Ganon's Tower
Ganondorf Battle
Princess Zelda's Theme
Hyrule Field Main Theme

TheKingsCrown said:

The CD of course sounds quite a bit better than the recordings found on YouTube or elsewhere since it went through additional mastering. MAZ Sound Tools has set up a site for international buyers, that should make it easier for you.

Phatcorns

Man, I'm ready for this for sure. I forgot to watch the stream of Chris Huelsbeck's Symphonic Shades concert, so the next year I knew I had to go to Symphonic Fantasies. It was the best concert I have ever seen. I have seen many concerts too. This year just going to watch the stream. Next year I think I'm going to have to go to Symphonic Odysseys provided I have the money. Although, I'd rather see this years concert in person, I think it's going to be suitably epic. Good god, an F-zero medley? Hell yes.

Arren

Only about 3 hours until the start of the concert! :)

In the meanwhile I'm currently listening to the official CD release of Symphonic Fantasies, which I had preordered through Amazon.

What can be said? The mastering process gave some really astonishing results. The sound is rich, crisp and vividly layered, which further embellishes the already superb arrangements of the individual suites.

Definitely recommended to anyone, especially those who couldn't delve into these marvellous pieces back then.

Kilrogg said:
Thanks. So I assume the reason I'm getting a "VLC cannot open « http://gffstream-live.rd.llnw.net/gffstream_mv_wm_w06b »" error is because the stream isn't on yet, right?
I think last year, the stream started to work about an hour before the event started, and it showed the Cologne bridge until then.

speedpop said:
Yeah. I imagine it'll come up 10mins prior to 8pm Cologne time.
Nope, they will broadcast the 8PM news first and it'll begin immediately after the weather forecast (as far as I remember). So a few minutes after the scheduled beginning.

Oli

I'm going to miss some of this unfortunately. Is there any chance it will be recorded?

Haunted

Westdeutscher Rundfunk Köln. That's nice.

Broadband stream didn't connect, but the DSL stream seems to be up.

SuperJay

Still getting an error:

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://gffstream-live.rd.llnw.net/gffstream_mv_wm_w06a '. Check the log for details.

Supposed to happen?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Haunted said:
Westdeutscher Rundfunk Köln. That's nice.

Broadband stream didn't connect, but the DSL stream seems to be up.

DSL doesnt load for me...please don't say I'm fucked

SuperJay said:
Still getting an error:

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://gffstream-live.rd.llnw.net/gffstream_mv_wm_w06a '. Check the log for details.

Supposed to happen?
Did you try all of the streams?

Wario64 said:
DSL doesnt load for me...please don't say I'm fucked
Even if for some reason the video stream shouldn't work for you, there's still the web radio.

JKTrix

The audio stream is currently playing German country music or something.

None of the videos are live for me either right now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Prime Blue said:
Did you try all of the streams?

Even if for some reason the video stream shouldn't work for you, there's still the web radio.

Meh, I want video. I guess it's still down though looking at the previous posts

Arren

Maybe they'll turn the video streams on as soon as the concert is approaching its start. None of them are working for me at the moment.

I downloaded the program Freecorder to record the web radio stream. Did a quick test of the random music they have playing now, so hopefully it works just as well for the concert :D

WillyFive

traveler said:
The transition into Frog's theme during the Chrono segment of last year's concert was one of the most incredible gaming music moments I've ever heard. So glad I saw this thread in time for today's. Really looking forward to the Aquatic Ambiance and SMG tracks in particular.

Don't forget the transition into Bombing Run from Chocobo Theme. It blew me away. At first it was like all Chocobo, and then suddenly like what.

Prime Blue said:
More to get you in the mood. :p

The CD of course sounds quite a bit better than the recordings found on YouTube or elsewhere since it went through additional mastering. MAZ Sound Tools has set up a site for international buyers, that should make it easier for you.

Thanks! I gotta support them for that! Ordered!

Arren

Someone knows if Media Player Classic Home Cinema can actually render the .asx format? I'm currently using that and I vaguely recall following Fantasies with that program as well, but I'm not sure.

Oli

Phatcorns said:
Videos say "Waiting for video stream" for me.

The song they're playing rightr now is really jamming actually!

Can't get mine to get past "ready".

I guess as long as I can hear it on the radio thing I'm fine. But I would've liked to see it.

Pikmin music is gonna be epic!

Gomu Gomu

stream links give me this error:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

What's the deal?
edit: oh I'm not the only one.

Phatcorns

Gomu Gomu said:
stream links give me this error:

What's the deal?
Did it start?

Nope, not yet. I'm listening to the radio stream right now and it's still random music. When and if the video streams start working I will post here.

Bentendo

I'm really excited! Only.... 9 minutes (I think)!

Listening to the radio show online right now. German Elvis makes me LOOOOL (
LaughOutOutOutOutLoud
).

D-Pad

off topic, but radio just played "Der beste Lover der Stadt, Knaus, Ulita" and it was probably the greatest thing I've heard in a long time and I didn't even understand what she was saying (fake edit - except for when she just cried "sex appeal"). Bravo!

Top Bottom