• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

Thanks for the heads up, that's my main concern around too much interaction with the community here, I'm not sure where the line is. I actually emailed the mods a while back and never heard anything. If you browse through my CAG thread you'll notice I'm definitely more about building community than just popping in and talking about sales then leaving.

I'd love to have a living thread like I do over there but I think that would bringeth the ban hammer pretty quickly.

I'll probably just pop into threads from time to time and say hey rather than try and maintain an active community here as well, unless the mods give me permission. Not trying to step on toes.

Cheers,
Tony

Here's the Amazon thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456563&page=24

We all love Amazon. I hope the mods don't care, I dunno.

PasteyMF

Pre-ordered this off of a recommendation from a buddy. Co-op is really nice. I love the styling. :)

Why can't I have a public match with the buddy of mine so I can fill up the other 2 slots? Maybe I'm missing how to do this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Milestone 5 was awesome. The Minigun isn't even fair when you're up against people. It mows right through them in a single shot.
KuGsj.gif

Flunkie

Banned
Played exactly one hour on 360 earlier. Pretty sweet so far, minus the crappy low quality FMV cutscenes. Love the side-view toggle-able scope on the ACR. As in the demo, the TAR feels better to shoot, though. Gauss gun is badass. Was pleased that a majority of the announce trailer spoilers was in the first mission - good news for me because I hate watching trailers as they usually spoil good parts - trailer clips stick with me for some reason. Everything feels like a grungy Mirror's Edge. Fun as hell, fast, and wanting to make a statement. Can't wait to get into coop later this week.

Just some random thoughts.

jtrov

Anyone on the Xbox 360 create a Syndicate yet? I have no idea how you actually "join" one as it says in the menu's; All I see is an option to create one.

Also, as someone above mentioned. All I see is Private Match option.. Unless I'm missing something you can't actually create a custom match (public) or bring a friend into matchmaking with you? Hopefully it's just something I'm not seeing, because that would pretty much suck if you want to play with your friend, but are unable to find a 3rd or 4th person to join you.

Oh well, if anyone wants to play just send me a PM. My GT is in the OP. :)

So... after adding a few gaffers from the co-op list to my friend's list... I feel a bit... humbled.

I was the highest trophy level on my friend's list... now? I'm a solid "meh" level. lol I'm impressed.

C'mon shipment... I wanna play so bad!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played up to Milestone 10. The game is great so far. More unique than I expected and has some really great gunplay. Some of the moments are pretty brutal too. For example, at the beginning of Milestone 9
you chiprip through someone's eye
. And when you get the minigun you literally rip enemies apart piece by piece.

Catshade

Thanks for the heads up, that's my main concern around too much interaction with the community here, I'm not sure where the line is. I actually emailed the mods a while back and never heard anything. If you browse through my CAG thread you'll notice I'm definitely more about building community than just popping in and talking about sales then leaving.

I'd love to have a living thread like I do over there but I think that would bringeth the ban hammer pretty quickly.

I'll probably just pop into threads from time to time and say hey rather than try and maintain an active community here as well, unless the mods give me permission. Not trying to step on toes.

Cheers,
Tony

We have our own Amazon DD sales thread, you should drop by there often.

Can you be more specific with the details? I am playing on the Xbox w/ no install and I'm 2/3rd through single player and I have to to encounter a freeze.

Spoo

Can you be more specific with the details? I am playing on the Xbox w/ no install and I'm 2/3rd through single player and I have to to encounter a freeze.

Single-player runs flawlessly on both Xbox and PC. Haven't tried coop in PC, but on Xbox it is wholly fucked.

I wish I had the money for this.....just bought the darkness 2 though. Between Syndicate and The Darkness 2, which would you say is better?

see5harp

Coop was giving friends and I issues throughout the demo/beta. I really hope this isn't an issue for the next week or so because I really only Gameflyed for coop.

jtrov

Been playing Co-op for about 2 hours straight now on the Xbox 360 without a single freeze. I do have it installed however, so I dunno if that matters.

I like the game but man I wish the weren't so many moments in the single player where people are talking at you or you're stuck watching some scene and you can't really do anything or move forward. I just get so bored, it's not like the dialogue is great or anything. Too bad because when I'm actually PLAYING the game and shooting dudes it's great. This is not so much a criticism of this game in particular, it's games in general these days.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The dialogue isn't great then. Well, at least it's not horrible. A good progression for Morgan in writing videogames.

Also, as someone above mentioned. All I see is Private Match option.. Unless I'm missing something you can't actually create a custom match (public) or bring a friend into matchmaking with you? Hopefully it's just something I'm not seeing, because that would pretty much suck if you want to play with your friend, but are unable to find a 3rd or 4th person to join you.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

For the PC version how does the co-op work? can you make a public game and people will join? please don't tell me you have to make a private match and get 3 other people, man that would suck. Match-making or public games would be great. And is there drop-in drop out?

NZNova

Wait, this game is good? I'd written it off after seeing what they'd done to the original concept. I guess I should look at it a bit more then.

foxdvd

Game freezes every 20 min or so in coop on Xbox. Totally unacceptable (and no, I'm not the only one).

same...

Three of us were playing this tonight. The coop is fantastic, but we each had our systems crash multiple times. It got to the point that we had to stop playing. This better be patched. It seems like a lot of EA games have crashed on me lately, but this one has got to be the worst. I know some people say they never have a crash, but enough have that this is obviously a problem. A real shame because the coop is amazing.

I am on chapter 7 of the single player, and that has been a lot of fun so far. I am not a speed player (I tend to take my time) but I am afraid the game is going to be short. I have 87 minutes of playtime on single player just starting chapter 7. I hope the later levels are longer. I am playing on hard.

frontieruk

I think that's awesome. Unfortunately what it's missing is the AI director or any kind of randomness.

I had fun trying to find the easiest way through the shooting range... except it wasn't that easy as the targets shot back :-/

7.5 from IGN, said it had a forgettable single player but were positive about co-op. I might pick it up when it price drops, single player is important to me.

I'm not forgetting it anytime soon, it'll be my yardstick for is this game hard...

Allright. I took the liberty of setting up a PSN chat and a GAF Syndicate for co-op.

If anyone wants to join, send me a friend request. (PSN ID = Dave1988).

Added you to OT as SEN's GAF CEO

Got this for cheap since I had Amazon credit. Have only dabbled for a few seconds since I had to run.

jim-jam and company will be pleased - this game not only has gamepad support, but it's got that sweet on-the-fly UI swapping if you unplug the controller from the PC.

I've a question, did they remap start levels to a button? it's annoying as hell having to press Enter to start/restart a level when using WASD which is the default kb/m set up.

Yeah I watched the first boss fight in a video and he seemed way too much like a bullet sponge. My plan was to start on hard, but I may have to reconsider it if the bosses are that annoying. Do you know if the difficulty can be changed mid-game?

He's not so much a sponge if you go about it correctly, I just assumed he had the same healing abilities as me due to the chip though it helped a bit...

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if it is possible to unlock all those nice, shiny high tech weapons in a loadout and/or be able to get ammo for them from ammo stations in a level? It's kind of disappointing to invest in a laser rifle to only have it appear as a drop from enemies in a couple missions. :(

Sorry didn't play with research :-/

My PS3 version shipped, wooo!

...yes PS3

I actually sold off my 360/games collection the other day. Basically its' PC or PS3 from here on out for me

Sorry frontier, gotta update that OP again =(

I'm enjoying the SP way more than most reviewers would have made me guess. There's more than enough twists in the levels, abilities and weapons to keep it fresh and it all feels and looks great. It's not Deus-Ex, but it's way better than the last EA game with seemingly tacked-on SP (BF3).

frontieruk

...yes PS3

I actually sold off my 360/games collection the other day. Basically its' PC or PS3 from here on out for me

Perhaps I should just listened to the guys saying you were pro PS3 and left you in the list ;)

updated unless you've jumped to PC lol

Played about 5 hours straight of the co-op with some random dudes I met in a quickplay match online.

Had a blast working together as a team to solve the missions on hard mode, and the unlocks came at the perfect clip.

That Kusanagi (sp?) rifle is INSANELY powerful once you get all the upgrades. :D

C-Jo

I'm still attempting to get a handle on all of the systems at play, but I had a complete blast playing a few hours of co-op tonight. There were only two of us, so it got a little rough at times, but I'm pretty happy with the fact that it actually forces communication and teamwork.

I'm just about to go to bed and I'm already looking forward to picking up where we left off tomorrow night.

Edit: We did have the game hard lock on us twice.

...yes PS3

First viral marketing, now this. SMH. /listed

Anyway, anyone know what resolution the game is running at on consoles. IQ is so bad.

JambiBum

ATTENTION EVERYONE WITH CO OP FREEZE ISSUES:

Do not play in party chat. It is apparently what causes the freeze issues. Just use the game chat.

[Clark Gable];35364264 said:
First viral marketing, now this. SMH. /listed

Anyway, anyone know what resolution the game is running at on consoles. IQ is so bad.

Developers claim that it's 720p native. Don't know if any of the pixel counter websites have looked at it yet.

Tech Interview
A fair amount of time has been spent to utilize and optimize for the different hardware as best as we can. That is why we can run Syndicate in 720p without upscaling. When it comes to PC - you can just have more of everything.

Kilo looks like 47 if you put the PC version into 3rd person mode, very weird.

Haha, do you have any screenshots?

Top Bottom