• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Kinda hate myself for asking this but you reckon this game would play better ( see : feel better ) on a pad than with kb&m on pc?

I haven't had any control issues with M/KB I don't see how a pad would improve things. Heck it's one of the rare PC ports that actually lets you disable mouse acceleration in the options.

ctrayne

I haven't had any control issues with M/KB I don't see how a pad would improve things. Heck it's one of the rare PC ports that actually lets you disable mouse acceleration in the options.

Wat? I didn't see that. Is it an .ini tweak? All I could see was sensitivity and invert.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is there a PC GAF Syndicate? I'd like to join when I pick up the game later today.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

For the PC version how does the co-op work? can you make a public game and people will join? please don't tell me you have to make a private match and get 3 other people, man that would suck. Match-making or public games would be great. And is there drop-in drop out?

Anyone?

Sinatar

Wat? I didn't see that. Is it an .ini tweak? All I could see was sensitivity and invert.

There is sensitivty, invert and mouse acceleration. I can't remember what they called mouse acceleration though, it has an odd name. I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

Sinatar

Can anyone shed some light on this?

For the PC version how does the co-op work? can you make a public game and people will join? please don't tell me you have to make a private match and get 3 other people, man that would suck. Match-making or public games would be great. And is there drop-in drop out?

It has matchmaking, same as the console version.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Between this, Deus Ex, Dead Space 3, and Binary Domain, I'm really hoping for a boom in sci-fi shooters. I'm finally getting back into shooters because of it.

That said, I can't decide which has better environments between this and Deus Ex. Both are really cool in their own way.

You know, Riddick and The Darkness are two of my most loved games yet this offering from Starbreeze is a huge let down for me.
Can't be bothered going into detail but it feels like a generic shooter. The lack of a cover system of sorts really sucks too..

The reason is starbreeze isn`t starbreeze anymore. Almost all founders and leads left after finishing dark athena early 2009 and most of them formed the new studio machinegames.

iNvid02

fyi you can get past the release date check if your in europe using tunnelbear or any
other standard vpn. done this for plenty of games before and it works fine.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
downloading on origin at a lame 500kb

-_-

The weirdest thing happens to me when I install Origin games from disc. Even though I have the disc in the drive, it still feels it necessary to download the ENTIRE game from Origin's servers.

It's bloody annoying when I know it would be faster to just install from disc, and patch via Origin.

frontieruk

There is sensitivty, invert and mouse acceleration. I can't remember what they called mouse acceleration though, it has an odd name. I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

Not seen it in any of the options and I just booted it to check.

It has matchmaking, same as the console version.

Yup and a private room but only friends can join.

Made a PC GAF Syndicate

GAF

:)

iNvid02

The weirdest thing happens to me when I install Origin games from disc. Even though I have the disc in the drive, it still feels it necessary to download the ENTIRE game from Origin's servers.

It's bloody annoying when I know it would be faster to just install from disc, and patch via Origin.

there is a way to install from disc but you gotta look it up, its weird

anywho, just started this and its running flawlessly at 120fps at 1080p, feels glorious
but the bloom is really in your face

thetrin

but the bloom is really in your face

Can you turn it off? I hate bloom.

Not seen it in any of the options and I just booted it to check.

Yup and a private room but only friends can join.

Made a PC GAF Syndicate

GAF

:)

You should have called it GAF Corp or something similar. It needs to sound like a company!

GAF HEAVY INDUSTRIES

GAF Inc.

THE GAF CORPORATION

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can you turn it off? I hate bloom.

You should have called it GAF Corp or something similar. It needs to sound like a company!

GAF HEAVY INDUSTRIES

GAF Inc.

THE GAF CORPORATION

The bloom is as intended as the piss filter in Deus Ex, so I imagine you'd have to find a mod or tool

edit: Damn that music that plays when you enter New York Upper East Side is heavy

Odrion

Banned
Minus the open ended level design, interesting weapons, multiple objectives and everythign else that made Perfect Dark what it was.
Oh, it's definitely different. Definitely more modern, but it has a very similar atmosphere.
For all it's faults I find Origin's servers to be amazing. I get 12 MB a second off of there consistently.
Origin intentionally lies about it's download speed. It'll even report speeds faster than what someone's connection is capable of.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
From the Giantbomb quick look, the coop looks really cool. I'm not usually into that sort of thing, but it looks really sharp.

frontieruk

dug through the .ini?

VERSION=3
FORCESPECTATOR=0
SND_ENABLE=1
SND_ENABLE_DEBUGPAGES=0
SHOW_DEVELOPMENT=0
SHOW_CONFIDENTIAL=0
#DISABLE_SHADER_USAGE_LOGGER=1
//AUTOLAUNCHMAP=
SKIPINTRO=0
DEFAULTGAME=P8
XWC_GAME=P8
XWC_GAMEPATH=Content\
XWC_WAVESOURCEPATH=Z:\Files\Audio\SoundContainers\P8\
#XWC_WAVESOURCEPATH=S:\Projects\P8\Sounds\
XWC_WAVE_ENCODE_USE_QUALITY_TABLES=1
XWC_WAVE_ENCODE_NON_STREAMING_AS_MPG2=0
R_DYNAMICLOADMIPS=0
VID_RENDER=D3D9
VID_GAMMA=0.5
VID_BRIGHTNESS=0.5
VID_BLACKLEVEL=0.5
VID_PIXELASPECT=1.000000
VID_VSYNC=1
VID_FULLSCREEN=1
VID_FULLSCREEN_WINDOWED_TOGGLE_ENABLED=0
VID_DWIDTH=0
VID_DHEIGHT=0
XR_CHARSHADOWS=1
XR_SHADERMODE=11
XR_POSTAAQUALITY=0.3333
R_ANISOTROPY=1.000000
XWC_POSITION=671, 16
VID_GAMMARAMP=0.000000
DEFAULTGAMEPATH=Content;Content_Eng
VID_CABLEPROFILE=0
XR_SURFOPTIONS=16
XR_FLARES=-1
XR_WALLMARKS=-1
R_PICMIP0=0
R_PICMIP1=0
R_PICMIP2=0
R_PICMIP3=0
R_PICMIP4=0
R_PICMIP5=0
R_PICMIP6=0
R_PICMIP7=0
R_PICMIP8=0
R_PICMIP9=0
R_PICMIP10=0
R_PICMIP11=0
R_PICMIP12=0
R_PICMIP13=0
R_PICMIP14=0
R_PICMIP15=0
XR_LODOFFSET=-1000000.000000
R_BACKBUFFERFORMAT=16384
R_ANTIALIAS=0
XR_MOTIONBLUR_DOF=1
XR_GRAIN=1
XWC_OVERRIDELIGHTMAP=1
XWC_OVERRIDELIGHTGRID=1
XWC_LIGHTRES=64
XWC_LIGHTOCTTREERES=64
XWC_LIGHTOS=2
XWC_LIGHTMAPS=1
XWC_LIGHTLINEAR=0
XWC_LIGHTGRID=1
XWC_LIGHTGRIDOVERSAMPLE=0
XWC_ENABLEDISTRIBUTION=0
XWC_REDOFILES=S:\Projects\P8\Sounds\VO_S11.xwsc;
XWC_CALCPHYS=0
PREVIEW_CAMERA_POS=102.229301,357.239105,106.025482
PREVIEW_CAMERA_ANGLES=-0.227441,0.5,-3.952526
XR_ADAPTIVEQUALITYMODE=2
XWC_USETHEBEAST=1
XWC_SAVE_PROFILE_DATA=0

Not played with all of it yet

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
earlier in the thread

without and with blur and dof

19 & 21 said:
2PTdr.jpg

BkiEf.jpg

thetrin

How many people are playing on PC? I just picked up the PC version, and I'm hoping the multiplayer isn't going to leave me stranded!

Ok, is there some sorcery involved with getting rampages in single-player? I get them enough in co-op, but I feel like I'm mowing down groups of guys fairly frequently, but the post-mission wraps still say my highest multikill was... 1.

Plenty of games do that and I haven't seen a single one that's actually a QTE. You don't have to go very quickly either. Just mash a bit to pry something open.

Well OK maybe technically it's not a QTE but you all know what I'm saying. And yes I do go very slow because I hate them and it does work eventually, it's still obnoxious though. I thought Starbreeze was better than this.

And yeah I know it's not a real big deal but along with some of my other annoyances about the game, it adds up.

Top Bottom