• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
TheChaos said:
Really? You get like a dozen.

I dunno, are we counting characters like the White Knights and the Shamans who share a special class with other special characters? Are we counting characters who are the first of their kind to join you but unlock their class for generics once you get them?

I was more talking in terms of "characters who are the absolute only usable member of their class" when I was talking about unique special characters.

Basileus777 said:
Catiua has 3 unique classes

Wait, so
Catiua can now switch between her original class, her evil villain class, and Princess?
That's pretty kickin' rad if so.

ixix said:
Wait, so
Catiua can now switch between her original class, her evil villain class, and Princess?
That's pretty kickin' rad if so.

Yeah, she can switch at will if you have the marks for it. Priest can use pretty much all divine magic, healing, attack, even the apocrypha. Princess is for dragon magic and area effect attack magic. Dark Priest is for dark magic but her spell selection isn't great which makes it seem less useful compared to the others.

I don't really want to go through all the troubles to recruit all characters. Loyalty based on unused character is making me steer away from that because they might leave due to me neglecting them and I will certainly.

I just want
that jackass Vyce, Denab (going to be a pain in the ass), and Ozma, and Ravness.

Any way to get special class marks? I can't get any replicas of
songstress and Paladin.

I've read on gamefaqs that it's sold in Denab's shop, but I don't see any.

Yuterald

Why is there so much hate for the crafting system? I just started getting into it during the middle of Chapter 3C and while it can take awhile to craft each item needed to upgrade a piece of equipment I wouldn't consider it the worst thing ever. Is it the success rates for some of the higher end equipment that is bothering everyone? Save and reload works wonders in that regard or is the fact that you need to do this one of the problems?

I think it sucks you can't try to create more than one component at a time. If I have 99 Inferior Ores I should be able to try and make as many of whatever it is I am trying to craft instead of making individual attempts.

jiggle

Law route
there are way too many special characters in this game :/
phased out all my generics already
and now have to start doing that to the not so important ones
so hard to pick

crafting kinda sucks atm for me cuz the selections are crappy or barely better than what i can steal from recruiting enemies

Crakatak187 said:
Denab (going to be a pain in the ass),

how many
dragons
do u need for that?

Shinjitsu

Banned
Yuterald said:
Why is there so much hate for the crafting system? I just started getting into it during the middle of Chapter 3C and while it can take awhile to craft each item needed to upgrade a piece of equipment I wouldn't consider it the worst thing ever. Is it the success rates for some of the higher end equipment that is bothering everyone? Save and reload works wonders in that regard or is the fact that you need to do this one of the problems?

I think it sucks you can't try to create more than one component at a time. If I have 99 Inferior Ores I should be able to try and make as many of whatever it is I am trying to craft instead of making individual attempts.

Why should you be forced to save and reload to craft items...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just got this game.

The art is beautiful, but I am very bummed by the fact that the character portraits are static... If only they change in accordance to the speech/emotions, I am sure it will make the journey all the more enjoyable.........

Ah well...

Any tips for ultra beginner like me? Heck I haven't even played the original PS title yet.

Jerk

Banned
Sounds like going Neutral is a poor idea at this point.

Shame

Also, full Chaos Denam is so idealistic that it is nauseating. If it were not for the better stuff, I would have totally chosen Neutral.

Totakeke

I think people are getting silly over the routes, stop spoilering yourselves and just play the one you naturally went with and play the others afterwards.

jiggle

actually 24
dragons for deneb is not so bad
just realized i already have 8 different types (that's all there are right??)
had no idea i needed 3 of each of them though, so back to the forest i go
haven't encountered any non storied hydras yet
the pumpkin part sounds like a bitch though

Laughing Banana said:
Any tips for ultra beginner like me? Heck I haven't even played the original PS title yet.

archer and canopus are your best friends
but don't neglect the other jobs
be generous with using mp items

MSIMagus

Neo Member
jiggle said:
Law route
there are way too many special characters in this game :/
phased out all my generics already
and now have to start doing that to the not so important ones
so hard to pick

crafting kinda sucks atm for me cuz the selections are crappy or barely better than what i can steal from recruiting enemies

how many
dragons
do u need for that?

Do the special characters ever really learn anything special? So far I am on chapter 2 with several of them in my party and they all function exactly like normal characters.

MSIMagus

Neo Member
Crakatak187 said:
Only special character with special classes get special ability.

Kind of what I was guessing. Do they come with those special classes all the time or do some of them change later? Like for instance if the cleric that you get in chapter 1(his name is slipping my mind, I just call him Donatelo heh)went from Cleric to "father" or some such thing later in the game. Does that type of thing happen or do they always come with the class?

MSIMagus

Neo Member
Thanks! BTW kind of crazy that I did not realize your avatar was Uncharted 3 at first...its so damn real I thought it was a clip from a movie for a second.

Soulhouf

MSIMagus said:
Kind of what I was guessing. Do they come with those special classes all the time or do some of them change later? Like for instance if the cleric that you get in chapter 1(his name is slipping my mind, I just call him Donatelo heh)went from Cleric to "father" or some such thing later in the game. Does that type of thing happen or do they always come with the class?
Denam and Katua will evolve to a special class each under specific conditions. Cistina and her sisters as well.
I believe that Canopus does it too but I'm not sure.

In addition to that there are a couple of special classes that any character or so can evolve to if you meet specific conditions.

Jerk

Banned
MSIMagus said:
Do the special characters ever really learn anything special? So far I am on chapter 2 with several of them in my party and they all function exactly like normal characters.

Higher base stats.

careful

MSIMagus said:
From what I noticed, the 'special' characters generally come in with better base stats than generics. But you have to balance that with the beginning generics having been with you from the beginning, you probably earned a bunch of skills with them by the time you get a special character replacement in the same class. So yeah that stings a bit, but I still ditched my generics for special characters. They'll have some dialog from time to time in certain missions so it's cool they're not completely an afterthought after they join.

MSIMagus

Neo Member
careful said:
From what I noticed, the 'special' characters generally come in with better base stats than generics. But you have to balance that with the beginning generics having been with you from the beginning, you probably earned a bunch of skills with them by the time you get a special character replacement in the same class. So yeah that stings a bit, but I still ditched my generics for special characters. They'll have some dialog from time to time in certain missions so it's cool they're not completely an afterthought after they join.

Probably what I will do too. I am sitting here waiting on my new TV to be delivered. Once I finally go full HD and have a screen more then double the size of my current TV I am probably going to want to play on the TV anyways ;) I can just put my characters on A.I controlled and let them grind while I play a console game ;)

Yaweee

I haven't found much of a difference between story characters and regular members, except for those with unique classes. Arycelle isn't much better than my other Archer was, and isn't as good as my Octopi at doing pretty much the same job.

The difference in Baste Stats for unique characters seems to be quite a bit smaller than even a single Class Level.

MSIMagus

Neo Member
Well one other nice thing about story characters is that sometimes they have things to say in battles. Like you encounter another story character and they start yelling things at each other across the battle field. Its a small thing, but its nice and adds to the story.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Also, full Chaos Denam is so idealistic that it is nauseating. If it were not for the better stuff, I would have totally chosen Neutral.

Is he Ramza idealistic or Snow idealistic?

Cause I could deal with the former, which is actually a proper deconstruction AND reconstruction.

anddo0 said:
Do tarot card dropped during battle grant permanent stat bonuses?

Say I pick up a devil card, will that -1 luck stick?

Yes, it's permanent.

Dryst

Neo Member
Anyone gotten the strategy guide yet... is it worth getting or is it missing alot of stuff like the original strategy guide for the ps1?

MSIMagus

Neo Member
Dryst said:
Anyone gotten the strategy guide yet... is it worth getting or is it missing alot of stuff like the original strategy guide for the ps1?

Wish I could tell you! Amazon has mine listed as shipping at the end of March or early April which is kind of annoying since I preordered.....

red13th

Do Sirens/Warlocks look the same as in the previous games? I haven't been able to find the new artwork anywhere.
My copy was shipped last week and still haven't arrived. Damn overseas shipping. The wait is driving me insane. :(

Minsc

Gold Member
Dryst said:

Its reportedly got 400+ pages, so I can't imagine it will be missing too much, the original was like 150 pages.

7Th

Neutral Denam is the only genuinely smart, not stupid or childish, Denam. It's a shame the Neutral path is the most gimped of them all, because it is the one with the choices any sensible person would make.

God damn it one of my men's lives dropped down when I don't remember how he even died. In fact I don't remember anybody dying at all. Reloaded a save, but lost some decent items.

Fimbulvetr said:

Cause I could deal with the former, which is actually a proper deconstruction AND reconstruction.

I'm only half way thru CH.3, but so far he's more Ramza than snow, which is why I like the Chaos path. Idk if he changes later on, tho, but so far I don't see him as stupid or childish or anything.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:

Ramza.

I do not know if I should give him a hug or slap some sense into him.

7Th said:
Neutral Denam is the only genuinely smart, not stupid or childish, Denam. It's a shame the Neutral path is the most gimped of them all, because it is the one with the choices any sensible person would make.

Agreed 100%. I did not really start disliking Denem until I chose to forgo the neutral path.

Yaweee

7Th said:

However, you just go back and eventually get all of the characters anyway. Due to Neutral not getting some of the special characters needed for sidequests, it is porbably better to do Neutral 1st, just finish the game and do the more simple sidequests, then clear out Law and Chaos in either order before proceeding to do Hell Gate/Palace and the DLC chapters.

You keep all of the characters and classes when you go back, so, yes, you can do the RIGHT thing in chapter 4, finish the game, then immediately jump back there and do the horrible thing for the sake of the Lord.

anddo0

Fimbulvetr said:

Yes, it's permanent.

Okay, thanks. I guess I should check before picking them up.

Another thing is. I can't recruit to save my life. I know all the requirements (low health and loyalty) but no one joins. :( I'm just about done with ch 2. Does it get any easier? I need a wizard and enchantress bad. I can't believe I made it this far without a wizard.

anddo0 said:
Okay, thanks. I guess I should check before picking them up.

Another thing is. I can't recruit to save my life. I know all the requirements (low health and loyalty) but no one joins. :( I'm just about done with ch 2. Does it get any easier? I need a wizard and enchantress bad. I can't believe I made it this far without a wizard.

Dude. You can make a wizard from the get go. Just buy a wizard from the shop.

Yuterald

Holy shit I found a nice grinding spot in Chapter 3 Chaos route. The Xeod Marsh, or whatever it's called, is a really nice spot if you need to gain a bunch of levels for level 1 classes at that point in the game. The random encounter there is all skeleton/phantom/ghost dudes and my archers can practically one shot them. The wildwoods are not accessible in Chapter 3C at this point so this is a pretty chill quick battle to get those lower level classes up. I brought my Dragoon class from 1 to 14 in about an hour and a half. Once they got to level 7 I opted for two dragoons to speed up the process.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I just saw screenshots of this for the first time.

I have never wanted a fucking PSP more then I do right now. I am looking up PSPs on Craigslist right now just for this game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Is there a guide online that shows the secrets and character recruitment?
Doesn't appear GameFaqs has a full one yet.

I got everyone in FFT, but...

Not that I'm really concerned at this point. The game is a ton of fun but it's too daunting to try and get everything in one go haha. Already chose Chaos path.

John Harker said:

Not that I'm really concerned at this point. The game is a ton of fun but it's too daunting to try and get everything in one go haha. Already chose Chaos path.

This one on gamefaqs is good for character recruitment and titles. It also covers all of the sidequests except the palace of the dead, and the postgame/dlc content.

AwShucks

Yuterald said:
Holy shit I found a nice grinding spot in Chapter 3 Chaos route. The Xeod Marsh, or whatever it's called, is a really nice spot if you need to gain a bunch of levels for level 1 classes at that point in the game. The random encounter there is all skeleton/phantom/ghost dudes and my archers can practically one shot them. The wildwoods are not accessible in Chapter 3C at this point so this is a pretty chill quick battle to get those lower level classes up. I brought my Dragoon class from 1 to 14 in about an hour and a half. Once they got to level 7 I opted for two dragoons to speed up the process.

Thanks for this. I'm around there and kind of wanted to level up a certain class to see what stats it would have at similar levels to my main characters.

So to you guys that mentioned the beastmaster stuff, good call. I took some side time to level up and I have good team going. Now I just to recruit dragons and maybe cokatrice too.

Yaweee

John Harker said:

The entire point of the WORLD system is that you don't get everything in one go. As soon as you beat the game, you can freely jump around the huge decision tree for the entire game to replay things you've already seen and go down the new paths, and recruit characters that may have died, and pick up look that you missed, etc., all while facing enemies that have been scaled up to match your level. It's like Super New Game++. You'll get it all eventually, and you never have to worry about having "missed" things.

TommyT

Ordered my guide day one it was available, just got this e-mail:

Important Messages
We thought you should know that there's a delay with the item(s) listed below. You'll need to approve this delay so that we can continue processing this part of your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Official Strategy Guide, BradyGames
Your approval required by: March 25, 2011

We will still try to dispatch the above item(s) by the approval required by date(s). If this is not possible, and we have not received your approval for the delay by the date(s) listed above, we will cancel this part of your order.

Top Bottom