• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

Jerk

Banned
Woot, just recruited Cressidia without grinding it out.

The battle to get to her was epic without my Archers (They are level 34 the rest of my crew is level 24).

ferr

I have these world tarots for the
Azelstan
sidequest.. what am I missing:
Port Omish -> The Rogue Diego -> The Pirate Azelstan -> Flowers of Remembrance

Can anyone confirm that I am missing an event, because I can't get the 2nd Port Omish battle to trigger.

Jerk

Banned
ferr said:
I have these world tarots for the
Azelstan
sidequest.. what am I missing:
Port Omish -> The Rogue Diego -> The Pirate Azelstan -> Flowers of Remembrance

Can anyone confirm that I am missing an event, because I can't get the 2nd Port Omish battle to trigger.

Hmm, all that seems to be in order.

Did you try to re-read the Report entry? It should not make a difference, but...

Jerk 2.0 said:
Woot, just recruited Cressidia without grinding it out.

The battle to get to her was epic without my Archers (They are level 34 the rest of my crew is level 24).

So, just what can a Necroprentice do?

ferr

Jerk 2.0 said:
Try doing the Banisha series of missions (9-12) before it.

You need them during a normal playthrough It may apply to WORLD as well...
You know I think you're right. I don't really get how anchor points work exactly, because I anchored back to one point to get the Flowers Of Remembrance tiding, but once I anchor back to another point in the future, that tiding is GONE (even though I can still see that tiding listed on the world tarots, it just doesn't show up in my Tidings list which is suspicious as hell). So I'm thinking I do need to go through the entire process again..?

Each checkpoint has a save point after completing it. So if you are trying to change something from chapter 4 by going back to chapter 3 it won't work.

If you are trying to recruit
Ravness
for example and she is dead in your chapter 4. You will have to start from chapter 2 and progress all the way to the point to recruit her.

Masaki_

ferr said:
You know I think you're right. I don't really get how anchor points work exactly, because I anchored back to one point to get the Flowers Of Remembrance tiding, but once I anchor back to another point in the future, that tiding is GONE (even though I can still see that tiding listed on the world tarots, it just doesn't show up in my Tidings list which is suspicious as hell). So I'm thinking I do need to go through the entire process again..?

Each anchor point exists separately from the others. What you do in one doesn't affect the future ones. For instance, on Chapter 4, you might be on the Law path in an anchor point and Chaos in another.

ferr

Ah, thanks, that's it then. Well it's only 3 extra battles or so to continue this side quest.
side note: just anchored back to the pre-Barnicia point and killed Ozma, she dropped Holy Comet whip.. pretty nice weapon

That reminds me it's going to be a pain getting those unique weapons from the
The Dark Knights
. I'm going to have to do multiple run throughs.

ferr

Hm, now that I think about it, say that I do anchor back and manage to recruit
Azelstan, and in the process fully unlock the Pirate's Graveyard dungeon, all of that wouldn't carry over if I anchored back to Coda? I would have Azelstan, but I wouldn't have full access to Pirate's Graveyard I'm guessing..

Nope you have to progress all the way to Coda. Don't worry about Hanging Garden there is a shortcut after the beat the game.

Edit: I'm trying out your auto battle skill grinding tactic right now Shuusui and it sure takes a while to set up, but it works great.

I'll won't post a screen because it has spoilers written all over it.

Jefklak

Any tips on Qadriga Fortress?
(The steep uphill battle in the very beginning, against a coward mage and a bunch of undead archers who rape me before I can even fully reach them!)

Most of my chars are lvl4-5 but to get the ranged evade skill I seem to be needing lvl9 at least. Do I really have to grind all the way to 9 just to get past this battle?

Abooie

Banned
Jefklak said:
(The steep uphill battle in the very beginning, against a coward mage and a bunch of undead archers who rape me before I can even fully reach them!)

Most of my chars are lvl4-5 but to get the ranged evade skill I seem to be needing lvl9 at least. Do I really have to grind all the way to 9 just to get past this battle?

Come back after a few more story missions. You can come back anytime through Ch.1.
It's too hard (or at least I thought so) when you first open it up.

Masaki_ said:
I have a question for Basileus, if you're still around.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/Basileus777/SS_0016.png

I'd like to know where you got the equips in this image.

The Predator Daggers were crafted with the Dagger Enchiridion, and the Black Ice Choker was crafted through the Code of Jewelry III. I got the Vikrant Mail from a frost dragon on the Palace of the Dead floor 52.

I can't remember who dropped the boots though. It might have been from San Bronsa or the Ice Temple, but I'm not sure. Maybe it was one of the divine generals...I honestly can't remember at all right now. I don't think it was from the Palace of the Dead though.

faridmon

Does the second chapter splits into an evil and good paths?
When I got asked if I could choose if I should slaughter the town folks or not. I choose yes thinking that they would say no after all, but no, he went with it

would it turn out differently if I said no?
Jefklak said:

Yeah, I was stuck thee for couple of hourse untill I found out that there is other mission battles up north which will bring you up to the speed interms of levelling up and what not.

Even after that, it was really tough as I decided to send the winged man after the boss anyway.

faridmon said:
Does the second chapter splits into an evil and good paths?
When I got asked if I could choose if I should slaughter the town folks or not. I choose yes thinking that they would say no after all, but no, he went with it

would it turn out differently if I said no?

Yes, it splits into Law and Chaos paths. If you had chosen otherwise, you would play a completely different chapter 2 and 3.

Jefklak

Abooie said:
Come back after a few more story missions. You can come back anytime through Ch.1.
It's too hard (or at least I thought so) when you first open it up.

Urgh, I thought that was the only possibility for me to do next!
Guess I didn't look that good, thanks.

Stupid question: do you have to spend rounds picking up all the loot bags, or do you get all the loot anyway at the end of the battle? I remember from Knights of lodis you had to pick 'em up, right?

Jefklak said:
Stupid question: do you have to spend rounds picking up all the loot bags, or do you get all the loot anyway at the end of the battle? I remember from Knights of lodis you had to pick 'em up, right?

You automatically get any loot bags that the enemy doesn't steal at the end of battles. Tarot cards have to be picked up during battle though.

oracrest

Finally recruited my first dragon.

And started getting the 12 person random battles, which I haven't been able to win yet. One of my guys always dies.

What exactly happens when a character's number reaches zero? I recruited a character, they died and their timer went to zero, but they still joined after the battle.

oracrest said:
What exactly happens when a character's number reaches zero? I recruited a character, they died and their timer went to zero, but they still joined after the battle.

When the counter reaches zero they lose a heart, lose three hearts and they are gone forever.

Jefklak

Basileus777 said:
You automatically get any loot bags that the enemy doesn't steal at the end of battles. Tarot cards have to be picked up during battle though.

Thanks for the quick answer, found out it has been asked several times in this thread :) difficult to keep up with such a beast.

Paznos said:
Finally picked this up yesterday, any tips before I dive in?

Take some time to familiarize yourself with the menus and the Warren Report. They can be a little overwhelming at first due to their depth and the number of options at your disposal but you'll find yourself navigating them with ease after a few hours or so. Also, if you stay on the Main Menu for a short while you'll get a nice video that gives you some background on the various factions and the political situation in Valeria.

Other than that, have fun with what is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time. :)

ferr

Crakatak187 said:
Nope you have to progress all the way to Coda. Don't worry about Hanging Garden there is a shortcut after the beat the game.

Edit: I'm trying out your auto battle skill grinding tactic right now Shuusui and it sure takes a while to set up, but it works great.

I'll won't post a screen because it has spoilers written all over it.
What's the HG shortcut?

After you pass the first floor there is an alternate passageway. It opens after you beat the game I think.

The autobattle method really helped with my Augment training. It took several hours, but I didn't have to do a thing, but to heal the golem when he is dying.

Now my magic casters (2 spoiler characters) are beasting almost 1 hit killing with low tier cheap mp magics.

I think I'm finally in that weird stage where offensive magic is becoming kind of useless. At least, I'm assuming it's a stage. I'm pretty far into Chapter 3, most of my characters are level 16~17. Any tips for making magic relevant again (preferably tips that don't involve auto leveling my augment skills)?

The_Darkest_Red said:
I think I'm finally in that weird stage where offensive magic is becoming kind of useless. At least, I'm assuming it's a stage. I'm pretty far into Chapter 3, most of my characters are level 16~17. Any tips for making magic relevant again (preferably tips that don't involve auto leveling my augment skills)?

craft the best rings and get the best spells, the rest should come from skills. i find mages with an elemental slot and draconic magic to be the most useful in my current setup. you can buff and use utility spells if something hinders you from doing damage.

Augemitbutter said:
craft the best rings and get the best spells, the rest should come from skills. i find mages with an elemental slot and draconic magic to be the most useful in my current setup. you can buff and use utility spells if something hinders you from doing damage.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I've been crafting a decent amount ever since the option was available and I'm actually really enjoying it (in spite of its inefficiencies). I haven't tried buffing much though (other than a few divine spells like Boon of Swiftness), maybe that will help me more. I am enjoying the debuffs that come with Dark Magic though, especially when their hit percentages are over 50%. :p

I have one draconic arcana in my inventory and I noticed that the only class I have available that can use it is the Warlock. Are Mages a class you get later and are they basically an improved version of a Wizard/Enchantress?

krYlon

Am I the only one disappointed that most of the story battles are take out the enemy leader?
I'm finding I'm using exactly the same tactic in every battle (taking leader out with
archers+canopus with dark weight finishing moves and distracting other enemies with knights and phalanx skill
).

I'm currently mid-way through chapter 3, do the missions get more varied? Is the post/side game content where the challenge is?

faridmon

OK, I think I had hit a terrible spike in difficulty just because I decided to change some stuff. Initially I had 4 healers in my party so any battle would drag for quite some time just because i didn't have enough melee fighters so I changed one of the healers to an Enchanter and that back lashed on me very hard.

For one, she is at low level of 3 which means most of the magic haven't been opened to her and what she know is very useless as she silences only melee fighters and the stun status is just superfluous. On top of that, her stats are terrible. She can get killed in one hit most of the time and she isn't that fast.

Question: Should I stick with the Enchanter even though she will be more of a bother than anything else, or should I go back to her being a healer? Or should I go for another class altogether?

The reason I ask is that I am one of the mission in the start of the 2nd chapter and I have to go invade the port? And in the last mission of the dungeon there are Golems that take only 2-7 damages and they do hit hard. Any tips for that section?

faridmon said:
OK, I think I had hit a terrible spike in difficulty just because I decided to change some stuff. Initially I had 4 healers in my party so any battle would drag for quite some time just because i didn't have enough melee fighters so I changed one of the healers to an Enchanter and that back lashed on me very hard.

For one, she is at low level of 3 which means most of the magic haven't been opened to her and what she know is very useless as she silences only melee fighters and the stun status is just superfluous. On top of that, her stats are terrible. She can get killed in one hit most of the time and she isn't that fast.

Question: Should I stick with the Enchanter even though she will be more of a bother than anything else, or should I go back to her being a healer? Or should I go for another class altogether?

The reason I ask is that I am one of the mission in the start of the 2nd chapter and I have to go invade the port? And in the last mission of the dungeon there are Golems that take only 2-7 damages and they do hit hard. Any tips for that section?

This is a pretty common issue that you'll learn to deal with after you play the game for awhile. Whenever you get access to new classes they come in at level 1 and they are going to be useless in battle until you spend some time leveling them. The best thing to do is find a good map for random battles (just walk back and forth until you trigger one) and take a few of your strongest units along with the one you want to level. Lower level units get more experience in battles so just leave the low level unit at the back away from the action and let your heavy hitters take care of the enemies. You'll be surprised at how fast you can make a class relevant with this tactic.

As far as the healer issue goes I only use 2 healers and I'm pretty deep into Chapter 3 right now. Anything more than that seems like it would be more harmful than good but I suppose you could pull it off if you use them to buff once in awhile. I definitely wouldn't suggest more than 3, though.

The best way to take care of those Golems (that I've found) is magic, so bring along a wizard/enchantress or two. Those Golems seem to have ridiculously high defense.

I think you should always have at least 2 healers and at least 1 unit who is primarily geared towards offensive magic (although having 2 or 3 probably wouldn't hurt). It's also a good idea to focus on one or two magic types for each wizard/enchantress, and make sure you have the Augment [whatever type of magic] skill equipped to them.

faridmon

The_Darkest_Red said:
This is a pretty common issue that you'll learn to deal with after you play the game for awhile. Whenever you get access to new classes they come in at level 1 and they are going to be useless in battle until you spend some time leveling them. The best thing to do is find a good map for random battles (just walk back and forth until you trigger one) and take a few of your strongest units along with the one you want to level. Lower level units get more experience in battles so just leave the low level unit at the back away from the action and let your heavy hitters take care of the enemies. You'll be surprised at how fast you can make a class relevant with this tactic.

As far as the healer issue goes I only use 2 healers and I'm pretty deep into Chapter 3 right now. Anything more than that seems like it would be more harmful than good but I suppose you could pull it off if you use them to buff once in awhile. I definitely wouldn't suggest more than 3, though.

The best way to take care of those Golems (that I've found) is magic, so bring along a wizard/enchantress or two. Those Golems seem to have ridiculously high defense.

I think you should always have at least 2 healers and at least 1 unit who is primarily geared towards offensive magic (although having 2 or 3 probably wouldn't hurt). It's also a good idea to focus on one or two magic types for each wizard/enchantress, and make sure you have the Augment [whatever type of magic] skill equipped to them.
cheers!

the thing is, that i don't have magic users in my party except for the winged dude. So that is the reason why I chose to go with changing her class into an Enchanter, but apparntly I am screwed in that battle.

I know that having too many healers isn't good, but I am kind of used to it by now which will take a while before i get too comfrtable with out them.

faridmon said:
cheers!

the thing is, that i don't have magic users in my party except for the winged dude. So that is the reason why I chose to go with changing her class into an Enchanter, but apparntly I am screwed in that battle.

I know that having too many healers isn't good, but I am kind of used to it by now which will take a while before i get too comfrtable with out them.

Yeah, you should definitely focus on getting at least one or two offensive magic users. In my experience the classes that aren't based around magic (such as the Rune Fencer and Canopus' Vartan) become pretty worthless for dealing magic damage fairly quickly. I would suggest leveling that Enchantress and maybe changing another Cleric to a Wizard. You should be fine with 3 healers if that's what you're comfortable with, though.

The_Darkest_Red said:
Awesome, thanks for the advice. I've been crafting a decent amount ever since the option was available and I'm actually really enjoying it (in spite of its inefficiencies). I haven't tried buffing much though (other than a few divine spells like Boon of Swiftness), maybe that will help me more. I am enjoying the debuffs that come with Dark Magic though, especially when their hit percentages are over 50%. :p

I have one draconic arcana in my inventory and I noticed that the only class I have available that can use it is the Warlock. Are Mages a class you get later and are they basically an improved version of a Wizard/Enchantress?

oops, i should've wrote warlock, not mage :) there is no class named mage as far as i know. wizards can buff with elemental spells too, but not as well. fire can buff attack, earth will buff protect for example. you can combine them of course, but i'd prefer a warlock.

Augemitbutter said:
oops, i should've wrote warlock, not mage :) there is no class named mage as far as i know. wizards can buff with elemental spells too, but not as well. fire can buff attack, earth will buff protect for example. you can combine them of course, but i'd prefer a warlock.

So do you think Warlocks are worth the time investment to level the class up? Are they much better than Wizards or are they just different?

The_Darkest_Red said:
So do you think Warlocks are worth the time investment to level the class up? Are they much better than Wizards or are they just different?

i don't have a final word on that yet. i haven't seen all the draconic spells that they can learn, you have to venture deep into the PotD for that and i have not done that. they're more fun to me than regular wizards and easy enough to level. park them in the back and cast support spells until you got them to a satisfying level.

Atolm

So...what are the requeriments to unlock the extra/DLC chapters? (chapter 4 and beyond spoilers)

I'm at the Coda right now. I've beaten the game via Lawful route, with both Vyce and Catiua alive, but so far only the subplot about Canopus's sister is unlocked. What do I miss? I've heard there's also subplots for Lanselot and Warren.

Also, it seems you can't get Diego on the Coda. I've beaten the Pirate's graveyard for the first time and didn't get him ;/, and I did the battle at Omish in Chapter 4.

The_Darkest_Red said:

Warlocks are pretty much the same as Wizards except they can use draconic magic, so until you find a bunch of those spells in late game sidequests, it's not worth the investment.

Atolm said:
So...what are the requeriments to unlock the extra/DLC chapters? (chapter 4 and beyond spoilers)

I'm at the Coda right now. I've beaten the game via Lawful route, with both Vyce and Catiua alive, but so far only the subplot about Canopus's sister is unlocked. What do I miss? I've heard there's also subplots for Lanselot and Warren.

Also, it seems you can't get Diego on the Coda. I've beaten the Pirate's graveyard for the first time and didn't get him ;/, and I did the battle at Omish in Chapter 4.
Recruit Iuria, read the news in the warren report and go to Heigm. That should start the next Coda sequence to recruit Warren in the Palace of the Dead.

I saved
sergio the pirate
. I thought i'd be able to recruit him, but instead he lectured me on not killing people too much or something... that jerk.
There is a line coming out of his portrait however, in the big timeline thingy in the warren report. I'm guessing the book is not closed on him and that i may be able to recruit him later on or something?

Top Bottom