• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

MSIMagus

Neo Member
Basileus777 said:
It was
the three surviving Losloriens escaping the island.

As far as the GBA game...heavy spoilers...
Lanselot Tartaros was the main character of it.

No clue who the hell that is but oooook. As for the second question I thought so, I played that one but it was years ago. It makes me want to replay.

Jerk

Banned
Hmm are gunners and Buccaneers worth the investment?

I now have Diego, but I rather turn him into a Ranger later on rather than Buccaneer. Denam cannot do gunner either as he will be a lord and Canopus is feels much more useful as an archer (with a crossbow).

Any advice?

Just started Chapter 4 Chaos. Holy crap playing with my emotions, end of Chapter 3, beginning of 4. Also, when it said, "Chapter IV: Let Us Cling Together" I was like Fuck Yeeeah.

Here's my question, though: What all do I need to do to maximize this chapter before I beat the game and start Worlding? Also, what path should I take next? Neutral? When should I complete any post-game content, optimally?

I just saw the Pirate Town map open up on the World Map, and was going to head there first before heading to Brygantis(sp). Good idea? Bad idea?

Also, should I play March of the Black Queen after this? The PSone version or SNES? Or should I hold out for a remake while I play through Vagrant Story?

Yaweee

Jerk 2.0 said:
Hmm are gunners and Buccaneers worth the investment?

I now have Diego, but I rather turn him into a Ranger later on rather than Buccaneer. Denam cannot do gunner either as he will be a lord and Canopus is feels much more useful as an archer (with a crossbow).

Any advice?

Notes on the ranged physical classes and weapons:

If you're using a Crossbow with Canopus or Hawkmen, you might as well make him a Vartan for the two extra Movement. It really helps him book across the map to snipe the enemy leader or rescue NPCs.

Guns... are really, really good. They are stronger and more accurate crossbows that can only be used by a few classes. However, Crossbows have, rank-for-rank, the best finishers in the game.

Both guns and crossbows have no unlimited vertical range, making them more useful on maps with huge height differences.

Bows can exceed their lateral range (use trajectory to get a feel for how much), but have difficulties shooting up, which happens a ton later in the game and on sidequests. They're better if you have the height advantage, or are on flatter terrain.

All three ranged weapons really have their place; my "A" team for WORLD and sidequests is one of each (the story ones, as the low character limit has unfortunately forced to fire almost everybody else), and an Octopus (also ranged power).

You can't really go wrong with any of them. Just remember to place your crossbow and gun people in the front row in your initial placement so they can position themselves better.

Yaweee said:
I find it funny that they didn't put a WORLD Anchor Point at the beginning of 3N, undoubtedly to stomp the clearly potential possibility for grinding abuse in its first fight. My first thought after killing the boss in the first two actions were "Hey, I should WORLD this shit"

=)
I found a great area for grinding. Boulder Sand chapter 4 after one of the anchor points. The boss can be killed by a single archer. I stacked 11 useless classes to level up as my Canopus did the killing.

Jerk

Banned
Yaweee said:
Notes on the ranged physical classes and weapons:

If you're using a Crossbow with Canopus or Hawkmen, you might as well make him a Vartan for the two extra Movement. It really helps him book across the map to snipe the enemy leader or rescue NPCs.

Guns... are really, really good. They are stronger and more accurate crossbows that can only be used by a few classes. However, Crossbows have, rank-for-rank, the best finishers in the game.

Both guns and crossbows have no unlimited vertical range, making them more useful on maps with huge height differences.

Bows can exceed their lateral range (use trajectory to get a feel for how much), but have difficulties shooting up, which happens a ton later in the game and on sidequests. They're better if you have the height advantage, or are on flatter terrain.

All three ranged weapons really have their place; my "A" team for WORLD and sidequests is one of each (the story ones, as the low character limit has unfortunately forced to fire almost everybody else), and an Octopus (also ranged power).

You can't really go wrong with any of them. Just remember to place your crossbow and gun people in the front row in your initial placement so they can position themselves better.

Thanks for the advice.

As for Canopus, I really considered going back to Vartan, but I would miss out on Tremendous and Double shot. I do not think that Vartan gets anything near as good.

Jerk

Banned
Man, the pirate graveyard is one unending pit of boredom and frustration.

Although, I suppose it is my fault for letting my archers gain so many levels.

I am so tempted to leave...

Yaweee

Basileus777 said:
Vartan is better until you get double shot, which really changes the whole equation.

I agree.

The Rank 6 Crossbow Finisher and Bow's Double Shot are both among the few broken things in the game. Double Shot is overall more useful, but is distinctly post-game (level 25, higher than the last the dungeon).

So far I've seen only one boss (a decked-out knight) not die in a single hit of the Rank 6 Xbow finisher.

Jerk

Banned
Yaweee said:
I agree.

The Rank 6 Crossbow Finisher and Bow's Double Shot are both among the few broken things in the game. Double Shot is overall more useful, but is distinctly post-game (level 25, higher than the last the dungeon).

So far I've seen only one boss (a decked-out knight) not die in a single hit of the Rank 6 Xbow finisher.

Yeah, that is why my Archer Canopus has both; my second best unit (9+ Range Arycelle is still better imo).

Also, I expected a lot more from Catiua, Not only are her stats unimpressive, but all her special classes fail to impress. Sure, they are better than the corresponding vanilla ones, but not enough to justify levelling her up.

That move is the boss killer. I maxed out my crossbowman's stats and with Crossbow 8 and Light augment 5 he did about 1200+ with that finisher. Talk about overkill.

Yaweee

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah it's his special class.

Actually, all Winged Men can be Vartan, as can some of the other demi-humans (I think).

Jerk 2.0 said:
Also, I expected a lot more from Catiua, Not only are her stats unimpressive, but all her special classes fail to impress. Sure, they are better than the corresponding vanilla ones, but not enough to justify levelling her up.

Her basic "Priest" is actually amazing. She can use pretty much ALL divine magic (Ressurrection, Exorcism, Heals, Direct and Indirect Attack Spells), and Holy Water lets her purge undead via her Skill command, leaving Act available for something else.

Jerk 2.0 said:

Speaking of which. What does Dark Priest do?

Fimbulvetr said:
Speaking of which. What does Dark Priest do?

It's basically Princess without Dragon Magic and better class INT. It's kind of a shitty special class due to poor spell selection. The Priest is a much better class IMO, better spell selection and equal INT.

Catiua's stats aren't unimpressive once you consider she has 3 exclusive classes all to herself. Level those up, and she gets +15 to every stat. She has an INT of over 50 for me. As a Priest she makes for an awesome utility unit that can still dish out a lot of AOE damage with judgment IV. The Priest only really lacks meditate, but items can make up for that.

TheChaos

Yaweee said:
Her basic "Priest" is actually amazing. She can use pretty much ALL divine magic (Ressurrection, Exorcism, Heals, Direct and Indirect Attack Spells), and Holy Magic lets her purge undead via her Skill command, leaving Act available for something else.

She also gets to use Holy Water, which restores TP. Ridiculously cheap spell.

edit: Whoops, Holy Water is something else. Still a great class , though.

Jerk

Banned
Basileus777 said:
It's basically Princess without Dragon Magic and better class INT. It's kind of a shitty special class due to poor spell selection. The Priest is a much better class IMO, better spell selection and equal INT.

Catiua's stats aren't unimpressive once you consider she has 3 exclusive classes all to herself. Level those up, and she gets +15 to every stat. She has an INT of over 50 for me. As a Priest she makes for an awesome utility unit that can still dish out a lot of AOE damage with judgment IV. The Priest only really lacks meditate, but items can make up for that.

Perhaps it is because I have yet to actually beat the game yet so I do not access to all the awesome spells she is supposed to be able to use . Right now, I use her as what amounts to a Cleric.

As for the stats, I doubt that I will max Priest by the time I am done, let alone the others.

I do really wish she had mother's blessing though.

ferr

Did I screw up the
Port Omish side quest... I didn't go to Qadriga when that battle was unlocked, just went there now after getting through Barnica. The Qadriga battle triggered so I assumed everything was fine, but nothing happens when I go to Port Omish.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Perhaps it is because I have yet to actually beat the game yet so I do not access to all the awesome spells she is supposed to be able to use . Right now, I use her as what amounts to a Cleric.

As for the stats, I doubt that I will max Priest by the time I am done, let alone the others.

I do really wish she had mother's blessing though.

She can use offensive light spells(Clerics can't), and actually has pretty high damage output with them.

Totakeke

Fimbulvetr said:
She can use offensive light spells(Clerics can't), and actually has pretty high damage output with them.

Even in chapter one, she can deal like 90 damage to human units. In chapter 2 she can still do like 60-80 damage to golems and dragons and none of my other units can match that. Pretty crazy.

Just entered Chapter 4 on what seems to be the neutral path (I went up at first branch, down at second, then straight ahead, my Denam has a C on his profile though).

Last battle of Chapter 3 (for me, that was killing
Oz and Ozma
) was another super tense one. In the end, it was coming down to me only bothering to heal units that might get a chance to unleash a finisher on a boss, everyone else was on their own. Did it without losing hearts, though I had 4 unconscious units, 2 flashing reds, and 2 more that were super close.

<3 this game

Kuran

Banned
I would just like to say that this game is wonderful, and everyone should play it.

I wish I had more time to actually play it though.. work. :(

Looks like I'm going to have to run through the wildwood again before doing this sidequest that opened up. The dudes on it are 5 levels above my highest guys.

platypotamus said:
Just entered Chapter 4 on what seems to be the neutral path (I went up at first branch, down at second, then straight ahead, my Denam has a C on his profile though).

Last battle of Chapter 3 (for me, that was killing
Oz and Ozma
) was another super tense one. In the end, it was coming down to me only bothering to heal units that might get a chance to unleash a finisher on a boss, everyone else was on their own. Did it without losing hearts, though I had 4 unconscious units, 2 flashing reds, and 2 more that were super close.

<3 this game

that was a very intense fight for me as well. it felt like a classic castle storming, where everything was at stake and you had to face mighty enemies, with almost no terrain bullshit. a fine showdown!

Jefklak

So I just got the game. Since Knights of Lodis was one of the most awesome GBA games I'ver ever played, I couldn't hold back on this one. I really love the speed improvements in battles :)

Anyway, since I can't seem to find specific guides for the PSP version (there seem to be a lot of differences between the old an the new version), I'd like to ask it here:

1/ I remember a special (female) witch character Deneb you could use in the GBA version. Are witches useful in this version?
2/ Is there some kind of class tree/hierarchy available on the internetz? I love to plan ahead and have no idea what's possible. Are liches still cool?
3/ Is there some kind of skill guide available? what are the most essential skills needed to survive?

For instance, I gave my rune fencer the skill fire magic and learned a fire spell, but I'm not able to use it in battle, and I have no idea why. Yes I've assigned the skill and yes I think I have enough TP at some point in battle.

faridmon

I can't seem to beat the necromancers husband. The one on the mountain. He keeps summoning necromancers whenever I kill two of them and all of them are projectiles.

Does anyone else know how to pass this bloody place?

ferr

Jefklak said:
So I just got the game. Since Knights of Lodis was one of the most awesome GBA games I'ver ever played, I couldn't hold back on this one. I really love the speed improvements in battles :)

Anyway, since I can't seem to find specific guides for the PSP version (there seem to be a lot of differences between the old an the new version), I'd like to ask it here:

1/ I remember a special (female) witch character Deneb you could use in the GBA version. Are witches useful in this version?
2/ Is there some kind of class tree/hierarchy available on the internetz? I love to plan ahead and have no idea what's possible. Are liches still cool?
3/ Is there some kind of skill guide available? what are the most essential skills needed to survive?

For instance, I gave my rune fencer the skill fire magic and learned a fire spell, but I'm not able to use it in battle, and I have no idea why. Yes I've assigned the skill and yes I think I have enough TP at some point in battle.
I used this faq until I got the strategy guide. The guide is great and covers seemingly everything.

ferr

faridmon said:
I can't seem to beat the necromancers husband. The one on the mountain. He keeps summoning necromancers whenever I kill two of them and all of them are projectiles.

Does anyone else know how to pass this bloody place?
Best strategy seems to be to just zerg the target.

Geez, this game is incredibly addictive. I have put in about 32hrs and I am only about mid way through chapter 3. I am just now trying to level up all of my human classes, then I will have to get started on recruiting and leveling dragons and other creatures. I am also horribly addicted to the crafting system.

Right now my main character is a lvl 18 ninja-tank who destroys any human or reptile type. Canopus is a monster as well, though I haven't changed his class once (his short bow stat is near 400 now!). Is there a better class for Canopus?

I am loving this game. It seems to be much better than FFT so far though I do miss being able to mix and match classes. The mana system is very refreshing, as is the ability to modify so many minor stats for each character. This game mixed with a Disgaea like item world would be fantastic.

After I beat this, I think I am going to revisit March of the Black Queen. However, having never played the gameboy version or Person of Lordly Calibur, are they worth tracking down?

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:

I have not used non-status offensive magic since chapter 1.

Hmm, maybe I should start doing so again...

Jerk

Banned
Shuusui said:
Trying to level up an Augment skill is turning out to be a nightmare.

Yeah, it is the main reason why my team is so caster deficient. I do not want to go to the trouble of making them efficient.

Besides, Archers/Fusiliers handle all the ranged murder admirably.

Jerk

Banned
Shuusui said:
Nevermind.

My auto-battle method has been fine tuned to include casters. Next step, Rank 8 Ice Augment for Ozma.

What are the details for this?

Also, is the a list of the endgame elemental weapons?

Jerk

Banned
Shuusui said:
Still working on a write-up for explicit details. Don't worry -- I will be sharing.

Oooo, thanky :).

My method thus far has been to find enemies with high ranks (I usually do not find anything higher than 4), recruit them and scavenge their corpse.

Shuusui said:
Trying to level up an Augment skill is turning out to be a nightmare.

Are you doing it with elemental weapons or actual magic? I would think it would be easier with weapons, though it might be a problem for an auto-battle method since elemental weapons tend to be strong.

duckroll

Basileus777 said:
You try doing it with melee weapons? I would think it would be easier, though it might be a problem for an auto-battle method since elemental weapons tend to be strong.

No, he has specific AI routines which basically auto-leveled his weapon skill ranks for him. He's trying to do the same with Augments now. We are eagerly awaiting his detailed guide for this, with screens. :p

Top Bottom