• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

Yazuka

I just love this game. Been playing this entire weekend and I'm having a blast.
And I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this... But do others get the feeling of Gilbert Gottfried when they hear Bienfu talk? Haha.
I know it isn't him, he has a very distinct voice. But his mannerism of speaking reminds me of him, I can't get it out of my head and I'm picturing him invent Infront of me with Bienfu's hat on Haha.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I feel like my party members don't do what I tell them to do in battle. They just run around hitting things one time and not comboing. I'm playing this game on the hardest difficulty and it's starting to get frustrating. Is there some kind of glitch or something that I don't know about? This is on PC by the way.

Its a glitch and they are working on solving it. Connecting a second controller seems to fix it I believe.

I feel like my party members don't do what I tell them to do in battle. They just run around hitting things one time and not comboing. I'm playing this game on the hardest difficulty and it's starting to get frustrating. Is there some kind of glitch or something that I don't know about? This is on PC by the way.

There's currently an AI glitch on PC that you can bypass by using a program called vjoy.

Explained here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/429660/discussions/0/133255603284155381/

You can download vjoy here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoystick/?source=typ_redirect

That should be able to hold you over until an official fix comes along

Anoxida

It's a glitch. Took me 15 hours before I decided to look up what the hell was wrong. I assumed the AI was just bad at first :p

The thing that makes the AI not working in this game on PC a real shame is how good it actually is when it does work. AI laphi will keep everyone healed up while doing damage and the rest of the team destroys enemies so quickly that sometimes it actually annoys me I can't get the killing blows ;(

Anoxida

Pretty sure Velvet just talked to herself in Reneed. I understand using VA's for multiple characters but it's weird when its the same voice having a dialogue.

Vazra

Berseria Bizarre Adventures time.
16251669_1167308686720295_8299754379213525771_o.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get a better outfit for Mag? I just noticed I'm still using her default skirt and never found a better one, just one that changes battle music.

Stalwart

Is there any way to make a character's A slot on the artes screen go back to You Decide? My little cousin wanted to play a bit with me but I have everyone's pages changed already, figure it'd be a bit easier for him.

Dinda

Damn, i'm really having a blast with this. The party really is brilliant.

I can't remember the last time the skits where constantly this good and funny. (btw i would really like to be abIe to make the damn skit notifications bigger so i don't miss any)

The party composition just works so well.
Magilou is a character that walks such a fine line of being stupid, but manages to avoid crossing the line and i actually really like her.
Even Bien, who i was sure that i would hate, i was surprised that he isn't in many skits, but when he is, he is actually really funny, for example with his books:)
Eizen and Rokurou where just debating which bug is the coolest...

I also really like Eizen with Velvet. Those 2 make for a great team.

I'm hoping someone will make a mod that will have some of the classic Tales themes replace the fitting ones in this game to get rid of the only real weak point, the music.

Giolon

Whatever localizer decided to give Shigure a super Bro personality wins all of the things. I can't get enough of this fucking guy.

It's cool, Eleanor. I get it. You do you, you know? It speaks to me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pretty sure Japanese Shigure is this guy

J4Na4mpLGjDMhafuYUpqjMOFsN5JwinOdp5HDfUtJ19aQC5_cMzDKEKlBbcnfNGVIyx51xetLHLbpWrSBBwAN-UQXsjRVVNJ6uJC_ABqlRUYTwmE6G-k9Z5CfY6j36Im=s0-d

Vazra

Is there any way to make a character's A slot on the artes screen go back to You Decide? My little cousin wanted to play a bit with me but I have everyone's pages changed already, figure it'd be a bit easier for him.

Press X on the artes at the slot you want to remove.

Looks like it doesn't work with Velvet, but other characters it did so I'll get him to play one of them. Thanks!

If you remove an art from the Triangle, Square or Circle slots it will default to a certain arte if it's been unlocked.

It's like in Graces/Zestiria how your equipped artes would change as you learned them with the end result being every equipped art being a unique one once you've learned enough of them.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Who ever knew that Velvet would be the funniest member of the group.
Coo, coo!
ahahaha I love how it keeps getting brought back up later in the game too lol

Mistle

Am I missing out on much by just fighting as Velvet? I have 3 party members but tbh I'm still wrapping my head around the battle system and figuring out how Velvet fights let alone the other two on my team.

Bladenic

I can't believe how good this game's story is. Finally in part 3 of the game and man, some of the events recently have been SO GOOD. Now I'm in
Hexen Isle, the bonus dungeon from Zestiria. I really want to replay that part now because I want to see if Zaveid said anything about it since he's here too.

Zaveid's design in this game is so good too, such a shame
he's not playable. Really missed opportunity.

I can't believe how good this game's story is. Finally in part 3 of the game and man, some of the events recently have been SO GOOD. Now I'm in
Hexen Isle, the bonus dungeon from Zestiria. I really want to replay that part now because I want to see if Zaveid said anything about it since he's here too.

Zaveid's design in this game is so good too, such a shame
he's not playable. Really missed opportunity.
Yeah story is great. Easily the best Tales of cast imo. The chemistry between the cast is fantastic and all of the main characters feel fleshed out and three dimensional

Also on
Zaveid, if they ever remake the game I could see them making him playable like Flynn in TOB ps3

I forget what it's called, but the thing where if you get high grade consecutively and a strong monster appears... that's pretty cool. I fought something called the Hanged Man in the area after meeting Eizen and managed to kill it. The music was really cool. It wasn't the prettiest fight... it took me 10 minutes on Hard :p.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zaveid's design in this game is 10x better than shirtless Zaveid and 1000000000000000x better than top hat Zaveid.

I've sunk 10+ hours so far. It's so good, I always look forward to what might happen next in the story. There are lots of curscenes and skits as well. Love the characters.

Is there a single thing in gaming cuter then Laphicet? Him being passionate about books is so cute and heartwarming!

I really love the party. The numerous skits gives them so much personality and most of them are hilarious.

Gameplay wise Eizen, Velvet and Laphicet are my fave to play. On the other hand I just can't figure out Magilou.

jrush64

Banned
I love the cast but Velvet isn't really hooking me yet. Reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII's Lightning and I did not like Lightning.

I like her but not as much as the rest of the main cast.

I love the cast but Velvet isn't really hooking me yet. Reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII's Lightning and I did not like Lightning.

I like her but not as much as the rest of the main cast.

I haven't got that far but I feel that Velvet's character is developing as the story goes. Not like the static Lightning in XIII.

Jiraiza

Yeah story is great. Easily the best Tales of cast imo. The chemistry between the cast is fantastic and all of the main characters feel fleshed out and three dimensional

Also on
Zaveid, if they ever remake the game I could see them making him playable like Flynn in TOB ps3

Indeed, other JRPG developers need to take notes on how to do character chemistry. I'm looking at you, Falcom.

jrush64

Banned
I feel the same. I like the other characters but not Velvet so far.

Unlike with Lightning, there's actual payoff with Velvet.

I haven't got that far but I feel that Velvet's character is developing as the story goes. Not like the static Lightning in XIII.

I can see that. I just reached Port Zelko or something but her behavior towards Laphicet is changing a little bit.

Will keep playing and see how it plays out.

Vazra

Velvet gets some development in the game and gives more emotions but that happens way later on in the game. Overall this game is wonderful tbh.

opoth

Banned
This is my first real stab at Tales since Vesperia despite all the PS3 games in the series being in my oversized backlog.

Only 2 hours in so far but I really loved how this game takes your expectations and turns them on their ear early on.

bomblord1

Banned
So this game is totally a gender swapped Last of Us

Opening main character has a child family member that you get a short sequence establishing their bond

Child is brutally killed in an apocalypse like scenario where humans become infected with an unknown disease and start killing

Time skip years later main character is a battle hardened criminal

Tutorial with a female partner character who is killed

Pick up a child from an organization that you oppose
who becomes a surrogate for the lost family member

A few hours in and this is definitely the best cast we've had in a Tales game in a long time.

Personally like Zestiria's cast better at least up to the point I'm at. Sorey, Mikleo, Edna, and Rose were just great.

Bladenic

So this game is totally a gender swapped last of us

Opening main character has a child family member that you get a short opening sequence establishing their bond

Child is brutally killed in an apocalypse like scenario where humans become infected with an unknown disease and start killing

Time skip years later main character is a battle hardened criminal

Tutorial with a female partner character who is killed

Pick up a child from an organization that you oppose
who becomes a surrogate for the lost family member

Wow I hadn't even thought about that but you're pretty spot on.

Personally like Zestiria's cast better at least up to the point I'm at. Sorey, Mikleo, and Rose were just great.

You lost me here, especially with that garbage Rose. Besides the standout characters were Edna and Lailah. Although Sorey was a great protagonist too I thought.

Top Bottom