• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria |OT| The Band of the Crowe

kewlmyc

Is any DLC coming out this week?

We have Pirate, Idolmaster, Maid/Butler, School, and Cameo costumes left, so yeah I assume we're getting one set a week until they're all out.

They should just release them all at once. By the time all of them are out, most people interested will be done with the game.

R0ckman

Jesus that
Armatized Oscar fight
pure terror. In the end it was just Laphi and Magilou defeating that boss. jesus.

I didn't have much trouble here even on intense, but by that point I had so many skills on my characters that I was completely broken. Was only able to die from mystic arte use.

I don't know, no matter how hard they try, they can't convince me that any of these characters are villains

Their hearts are too big

For reference I'm 35 hours in and only at the point where we find out that
eizen
has a sister and just got the geoboard

Vesperia art style, story, world + Graces F battle system is what I need from this series. It's fallen too far from what it once was...
Idk I find this story more interesting than Vesperia

Jeels

Vesperia art style, story, world + Graces F battle system is what I need from this series. It's fallen too far from what it once was...

DPtheGod

Hey guys I have two questions! I am rather early game still, I think.

1) How do you switch characters in combat? Do you press L2 and R2 at the same time? Every time I do, I just make Velvet activate her beast arm thing.

2) This is a "How far am I?" question.
I am currently going through the underground tunnel in Loegres so that I can get into the villa and assassinate High Priest Gideon for the Shadow Guild, so that I can get the key for the barrier where Arturious or whatever is going.
Percentage wise, how much of the main story have I completed?

-NeoTB1-

Idolm@ster and High School costume DLC is up on the store. No pirate this week... :(

Edit - Ha! beaten by a matter of seconds.

Zankou

1) How do you switch characters in combat? Do you press L2 and R2 at the same time? Every time I do, I just make Velvet activate her beast arm thing.

I am currently going through the underground tunnel in Loegres so that I can get into the villa and assassinate High Priest Gideon for the Shadow Guild, so that I can get the key for the barrier where Arturious or whatever is going.

1) Enter Menu and switch with L2/R2

2) ~ 20 %

You're still super early, probably less than 20% by my memory

Datschge

Err, this is nothing like the Graces system (which is literally the Zestiria system (made by the same internal team)). I wish it was, because while this one is fun, Graces is GOAT combat.
Two people (Udo, Kagawa) don't make a team. A lot of "Team Destiny" staff left at the dissolution of Tales Studio. Notably the project leader of all those games quit game development after a short stint at CyberAgent...

Udo designed the combat for Graces, Zestiria, and Berseria, though. Proof that he is not as infallible as I once thought. (._. )
He likely is more detached from the actual game development now. Graces was the last time he was credited for programming, and that was for battle effect programming. And Zestiria was a huge development mess by all indications.

Taruranto

Just got Aizen, I'm enjoying the game but honestly:

- The dungeons still suck. The copy-paste is blatant as it was in Zestiria.
- The fields still are boring. I think the devs realize that too because they started to insert these gimmicks like the catz souls and whatnot.
- The equipment system, while not bad as Zesty, still is pretty meh.

Anyway for the battle system.

I tried Rokurou for a while, but I can't seem to get an hang of him. His R2 move seems pretty cool, but it seems pretty hard to pull of. Velvet on other hand is so boring, you can basically smash buttons and R2 at random ( I'm playing at Medium I'll probably switch to Hard tho')
Theresa and the two Seraphs
basically got demolished.

Aizen seems more up my alley, even if I'm not a fan of hand to hand characters.

I'm not sure I understand this souls business either. You get souls back by killing enemies and... dodging? But there are so many enemies and the dodging window is so low that I'm not sure how it is viable.

Velvet doesn't seems to have souls problem because she kills so fast, on other hand I was always out of souls with Rokurou.

Hubb

bundles only thing sucks, the only costume I really want is Magilou's pirate. Not going to pay $12 for one costume

I'm in the same boat, well kind of. There are a couple characters I want 1 costume for, but they are in different bundles. Magilou is the biggest offender though. I really don't like her base costume.

Wagram

I really hope that most of these tougher encounters towards the end aren't all non-stop reflect damage fights. It's incredibly monotonous boring shit.

Renewed

Launching the game on Steam and everything works fine. Plug in my controller and the game crashes. Any attempts to launch while the controller is plugged in causes the launch to fail and sends me back. Every other game I have installed works, so what gives?

Delio

I didn't have much trouble here even on intense, but by that point I had so many skills on my characters that I was completely broken. Was only able to die from mystic arte use.

I have skills but I guess just not the best for handling that boss. Only Laphi was truly dodge tanking most of the damage.

The further in I get, the more I want to read up on the lore of Zestiria. Most things I remember, but there are some references I'd like to look up.

Anyone know if the wiki is save? As in, the Zestiria entries don't spoil Berseria?

The further in I get, the more I want to read up on the lore of Zestiria. Most things I remember, but there are some references I'd like to look up.

Anyone know if the wiki is save? As in, the Zestiria entries don't spoil Berseria?
Honestly the tales of wikis are pretty fucking barren of any interesting lore

Yeah, Berseria pushed me to:

- replay Zestiria
- watch the anime
- read up the lore/wiki

Either or all of them.

Ydelnae

Eleanor and Magilou might end up becoming part of my favorite Tales characters.

I'm currently at the
Second Visit to Titania
and it's nice to see how things are starting to tie up to Zestiria.

Bladenic

PS4 Zesty is only 15 bucks right now, you have very little to lose by trying Zesty, at least.

The anime's story and events are better though.

I can't be the only person who every single Tales game just plays as the main character and never uses anybody else. I just don't care that much.

Screenshots disabled suuuuuuucks. Was hoping it wouldn't happen again. Hilariously, on the controls screen it states the share button is for sharing.

Back on the main PS4 dash, under the game where it shows people playing and communities, there are some video clips posted and screens from the game using the normal #ps4share tag. How? They seem to have a watermark on them and everything, so it's built in somehow.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't be the only person who every single Tales game just plays as the main character and never uses anybody else. I just don't care that much.
I'm usually this guy too, but on repeat playthroughs I find other characters a fun challenge/change of pace. Especially the ones that are really different, like Judith's reliance on air combos in Vesperia.

There's the occasional Tales, like Destiny R or Graces, where the battle system is so fun that I have to try everyone. Berseria is like halfway there with Rokurou and Eleanor.

Guy was really fun in Abyss because he was a lot like Lloyd from Symphonia.

Bladenic

Guy is pretty much better than Luke is every way. I definitely played as him more than Luke. I also found Natalia pretty fun.

TheFatMan

I guess I don't understand the "delayed" release on the costume DLC. It seems counter intuitive to sales.

If 40 dollars in costume DLC was available from day one I probably would have bought all of it. But now that it's week 3 and I'm 48 hours into the game I'm not going to buy a costume DLC that I will probably only use for the last....1/4 of the game if I'm lucky.

Why the hell not just release all of it, you can't tell me it sells better this way....

Jobbs

Banned
I played a couple hours the other night and got passed the whole intro phase...

I like the way they've set up the story and made some choices I wouldn't really expect in a tales game -- and I like that it's apparently a revenge story.

I'm so confused about the battle system though. It's so poorly explained and I'm still just pushing buttons.

Also why is she always holding a sword but never uses it? All her moves are kicks

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh man I saw the School DLC. Some of them look really good! Trying to resist purchasing.

I'm not impressed by the IdolM@ster outfits.

Rabu Raibu foreva!

Vamphuntr

It was going so well until I got garbage like this. Japan... NSFW ish I guess?
QJ2chiul.jpg

Top Bottom