• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
More importantly why does Richard get a Zelos costume. I mean, really?

It's stupid especially because it's tedious changing his costume. Anyway, I'm surprised we broke 5000 posts. This is pretty cool. I can't wait for the sales number this month. Rofl.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Neki

It is refreshing to go through a tales game without a single boob joke.

Then I am reminded of the fact that it is pretty much Team Symphonia that does it with the token buxom female.

whole skits and cutscenes devoted to boobs!

in this game though, we got butt jokes!

kayos90

Sakurai did a good job of making Juuha Goushouzan and (level 3 blast caliber) Zankuujin Mujinshou sound cool. And Byakuya Senmetsuken too.

I haven't used Asbel's Level 3 blast caliber in English yet. I expect it to sound disappointing.

Scamco USA thinks that we don't know what .hack is.

SUBETE WO KIRISATSU! JUUHA GOUSHOUZAN!
Also, obligatory: TENHA JINRAIDAN!

Meh... I want Haseo. It goes so well with Asbel's 4th BC. Also, Sakurai owns so hard.

scy

It is refreshing to go through a tales game without a single boob joke.

Then I am reminded of the fact that it is pretty much Team Symphonia that does it with the token buxom female.

But but but ... Melon skit.

And Sheena was probably the entire reason I finished ToS.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
SUBETE WO KIRISATSU! JUUHA GOUSHOUZAN!
Also, obligatory: TENHA JINRAIDAN!

Meh... I want Haseo. It goes so well with Asbel's 4th BC. Also, Sakurai owns so hard.
I kind of wish Asbel's English VA was someone else. There are times when I think he's doing okay, and then there are times when it doesn't really work. I blame it on being so used to Sakurai's tone colour in relation to Asbel.

I can't imagine doing Asbel's fourth BC without Haseo because it works. But I don't think they'd be nice enough to let us have it here.

Also: MaouEngekiha!MaouEngekiha!MaouEngekiha!HadouMeppuu!

kayos90

I kind of wish Asbel's English VA was someone else. There are times when I think he's doing okay, and then there are times when it doesn't really work. I blame it on being so used to Sakurai's tone colour in relation to Asbel.

I can't imagine doing Asbel's fourth BC without Haseo because it works. But I don't think they'd be nice enough to let us have it here.

Also: MaouEngekiha!MaouEngekiha!MaouEngekiha!HadouMeppuu!

Hadou MEPPU!!!!

Astra

Man, I haven't played Graces in near two weeks. I'm so damn ashamed. =(
I miss it, but can't seem to get the motivation to play any games, and Xenoblade comes out tomorrow!
So I'll have two RPGs on the go when I finally feel up to gaming again. My life will be gone until I finish Graces, and get half of it back, at least.

At least I'll have some new costumes!

kayos90

Man, I haven't played Graces in near two weeks. I'm so damn ashamed. =(
I miss it, but can't seem to get the motivation to play any games, and Xenoblade comes out tomorrow!
So I'll have two RPGs on the go when I finally feel up to gaming again. My life will be gone until I finish Graces, and get half of it back, at least.

At least I'll have some new costumes!

I haven't played in a while as well but I've been busy writing articles and doing reviews...

Astra

I haven't played in a while as well but I've been busy writing articles and doing reviews...

I've been busy... re-watching some old seasons of some tv shows. I'm just in a bit of a gaming funk. Hopefully it passes soon.
On the plus side, handheld gaming hasn't been affected, and finally started Trails in the Sky.

I've probably been playing way too many RPGs lately. From Skyrim, to Kingdoms of Amalur, to Devil Survivor, to Graces, and a couple of others I am forgetting. No wonder I'm burnt out.

I burned through all of my good shards leveling my my Turtlez stamp card. Miso Stew with Rare Sword with yellow qualities made for some quick cash.

The good news is that I have a Book of Striking. :)

Neki

The worst slow down is when you use a multi hitting attack that doesn't break Nova (like Fearful Storm or Sylphie) against a nova barrier, literally falls to single digit FPS.

Synless

When? I don't have any slowdown unless there is too much happening on the screen.

It's always in battle, not on the map, it's especially terrible in Fendel territory. It's there, my disc or system are not the problem, I can't see how you all are missing it.

scy

@Slowdown: I have it occasionally when I'm doing some ridiculous massive amount of effects at once or a bunch of hits vs a Nova Barrier. Though, it's been quite awhile since any slowdown.

pfff busty friendship zone girls.

I don't know what you're talking about, I went through the game going for Lloyd x Sheena! :(

Fucking Lloyd :|

I burned through all of my good shards leveling my my Turtlez stamp card. Miso Stew with Rare Sword with yellow qualities made for some quick cash.

...Yellow Qualities? Those just mean you're going up a tier (e.g., 6-letter Wicked -> 7-letter Sketchy). It doesn't necessarily mean it's actually worth more ... though I guess it's really just Sketchy from the 7-letter ones that's bad there.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
@Slowdown: I have it occasionally when I'm doing some ridiculous massive amount of effects at once or a bunch of hits vs a Nova Barrier. Though, it's been quite awhile since any slowdown.
Same. That's the only time I experience slowdown in this game. Outside of that, it's alright.

I don't know what you're talking about, I went through the game going for Lloyd x Sheena! :(

Fucking Lloyd :|
Lloyd doesn't deserve Sheena.

Also, Colette sucks.

The worst slow down is when you use a multi hitting attack that doesn't break Nova (like Fearful Storm or Sylphie) against a nova barrier, literally falls to single digit FPS.

I thought that was intentional to have everything slow down when you're hitting a nova barrier so you would realize you're not doing any damage

Ties

Banned
Anyone mind refreshing my memory of why Colette was so bad? I haven't played Symphonia in quite a while, but I don't recall Colette being the monstrosity that all of you make her seem. The best female in Symphonia hands down is definitely Sheena though. Too bad she was pretty damn useless in battles lol.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Alright, it seems that Colette is universally disliked. :lol

Though her best moments were
when she was mute, and that it's cold/it's hot/there's nothing in there scene

As a warning, if you haven't beaten the main game yet, do not watch those Blast Caliber videos that kayos linked.

Schala since you no likey some of the dub, this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71l8rRLxk4E
You already probably knew that I was going to say that Cheria in this is better than the official one since she seems like she's into it more. Asbel sounds more into it here too (especially for Zankuujin Mujinshou). I don't mind how the official dub does it and it's serviceable, but in general, Asbel in the official dub isn't really to my liking. It isn't that I'm hung up on Sakurai either; I just don't like his tone colour and/or general line reading, I guess.

Richard's first one was meh, but his second one was cool.

Also, Arc Rise Fantasia boss theme is a good touch. I liked this fandub in general.

Hubert sounds like not much of a badass in this one. :lol And Cheria's kinda muffled.

There's something about Asbel's timbre in this that I don't really like, but for Zankuujin Mujinshou and the final Blast Caliber used, it was nice.

Final notes:

Official dub Sophie is still better than those, though. I really like how Sophie is being handled in the localization up to Chapter 8, and the VA is still doing a stellar job with her. And official English Malik and English Hubert already do a good job--English Hubert is fantastic. I still sorta wish that Hubert's Blast Calibers were still in French since he's a bit haughty and dignified.

And I like English Pascal, though I like Kana Ueda's take on her more. TROPICAL YAHOO and all that random nonsense. Also, I'm disappointed that we're more than likely never going to get the Toro costume. I wanted that Toro victory quote in English!

And ohhhh shit, that just reminded me that (final boss spoilers)
they say something different when fighting the final boss. I'm nervous about how English Asbel and English Cheria will voice those ones...

I just got the 100 titles trophy for Richard.... wasn't expecting that, I thought he would be last.
Now Hubert is all that's left, lol
EDIT: Oh, I see, that's 80 titles. That makes sense

Slow downs? Er. . . not on my disc.

Is Namco freaking serious with these costume prices?

Sadfrog.jpg

Namco dlc is something else , out of this world ... if you were an idolmaster fan you would have been bankrupt by now .Imo they aren't at their prime yet...

Top Bottom