• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
For that card game, do you have to collect every card? Are any missable? What's the earliest you can play it and get the costumes?
I don't know what they called the village in the English version, but it's called Sable Izole in the JP version, and it comes up during Chapter 4 (with the English trophy names in hand I can give proper estimates, yay).

You just need to get enough cards to unlock all difficulties in the game (Easy/Medium/Hard), and I think it was 25 cards.

Cards aren't missable. You find them randomly on the maps. Oh right, for some treasures and synthesis items, you don't find them in treasure chests. They're in sparklies on the field, or they're obvious (like a potato field or cabbages or something). These sparklies give you a random treasure, which includes cards. Some of the cards can be bought in shops if you get your stamp cards to a high enough level (typically Level 6-7). Each town has their own stamp card, and they are just used for the shops to sell you certain items/weapons/ingredients in addition to their default inventory if you level the stamp card up.

Anyway, Bamco sold card packs on the Japanese PSN for those players who didn't want to find them the hard way, so you could do it that way if Namco USA implements the same thing here.

I wouldn't stress about it too much. Carta Card's Hard mode is stupid and the AI cheats. Yuri's costume is attainable on Easy mode, I think.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It was just more amusing to me. I was going, wait I swear that appears in the ending and I know that happens so much later in the game
They need to make it look cool somehow. It's too bad that they chose now to make it look cool despite the original Friendship trailer being a turnoff to many.

It is generally accepted that Sophie's default costume, plus her hair is just terrible.

I do like her hair in her Miku outfit though.
Sophie's default design sucks.

Sophie's default design sucks.

Bingo. Second one works much better.

Like like like like

Hi-Ougi vids make me pee

I'm getting this game now.

Holy shit. I'm hyped as fuck right now.

The only thing that video spoils is people on functionally flashy combat!

I'm... going to be hearing the word "Protect" a lot, aren't I?

What about "guard" "defend' etc? Thesauruses are our friends.

Gamestop just sent me a text. Hopefully I can beat this game during Spring Break.

Who's the closest character to Zelos/Kratos/
Asch
in this game? I heard that Richard is, but is there anyone else?

I just got my copy. I'll definitely be comparing the combat system to the greats, as I have high expectations due to all of the praise it's been getting.

Jigsaw

Banned
so,the game is out and we have only 2 reviews on gamerankings?is it embargoed or does simply really no one care?good job building up hype namco :\

Top Bottom