• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

john tv

Pretty pleasantly surprised at the voice acting; this is my first time hearing it in-game, and IMO so far it's really well done. (Only like 2 hours into the child portion, but still.) Hope the rest of the game holds up as well as this early stuff!

Ah man, I just realized I can finally play a Tales game in multiplayer.

Over the last few years, while Namco wasn't releasing Tales games, I got a few friends into the series, some of whom are getting the game Day 1. After we beat the game, we can play together. :)

Actually, I wish Tales games had a sort of Boss Rush mode. It would make for some quick fun, not just in multiplayer, but if I'm bored and just want some quick Tales action.

Oh, a question. How many save slots are in the game? I know in Tales of Symphonia, the number of slots was 127 (the max number of files on a Gamecube memory card) and I ended up using about 88 of them.

i know that feelign withs ymphonia GC i used 66 slots on the memory card
furthermore, after each of my friend beat the game we gathered in 4 days sessions to beat the game in various ways ( no item run at 4 on hard or mania, low level mania run ) ..Overall i finished symphonia over 17 times ..it was uber fun abscyion mania mode with friends. When abyss arrived on PS2 , we did pretty much the same ( thanks to the hd loader that cut load times )

Anyway the save slots is a thing of the past .. you can save as much as you want on PS3 i assume.. ( at least that was the deal with Vesperia & xillia ) viva the harddrives ..!!!

jorgeton

Going to try to pick this up during lunch today, a nearby mom & pop shop assured me they'd have it early. I finally acquired Tales of the Abyss (6 years LTTP!), after I found a used copy of the PS2 version last weekend. Great game so far, but sadly it'll get lost in the shuffle between Tales of Graces F and Devil Survivor 2 (which is pretty awesome as well).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
gonna try and go get it from GS today. I'll just say that i got a call saying i could pick it up today and demand to get it.

No shipment here, $40 pre-order. Anyone who had their copy ship got it for that much?

Mine's marked to Shipping Soon with an arrival date of the 16th (supposedly).

But amazon usually surprises me so I'll probably just wait for an email confirmation. I've already been charged for the $39.99.

Hobbun

This will be available at GS stores tomorrow, right?

It should be available at yours, but you may want to call and check.

As I said in an earlier post, my GS told me they already have it, but is street dated so they can't sell it until tomorrow. Which works for me as I can't pick it up today, anyways.

zroid

Banned
EBcanada sent me a shipment confirmation email too. it's my first order from EB and I was wondering if i would be seeing this by the end of the day.

Probably not, no. But since they ship by Purolator rather than Canada Post, chances are you'll get it tomorrow morning (instead of with your mail).

jorgeton

Target acquired. I also bought Yakuza Zombie Edition. They were next to each other on the shelf. Now I wait for 6PM to slowly make its way here so I can run home and dive in. Bonds of friendship are eternal, you guys! And yeah, the manual is hilariously brief. At least it's in color!

ah. guess it was my own fault for preordering late.

Got charged but still stuck on shipping soon. hope they got enough to ship out!
(amazon)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Target acquired. I also bought Yakuza Zombie Edition. They were next to each other on the shelf. Now I wait for 6PM to slowly make its way here so I can run home and dive in. Bonds of friendship are eternal, you guys! And yeah, the manual is hilariously brief. At least it's in color!

Where did you buy it from?

Paznos

Your Amazon.com order of "Tales of Graces f" has shipped!

Item(s) Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.99
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
Total Before Tax: $20.98
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total for This Shipment: $20.98

Can't wait!

Item Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Total Before Tax: $39.99
Sales Tax Collected: $3.80
Shipment Total: $43.79
Paid by Gift Certificate: $43.79

My copy actually shipped from Seattle. The Amazon distribution center is only 8 miles from my house, so it will be interesting to see if UPS sits on the copy overnight or not.

i know that feelign withs ymphonia GC i used 66 slots on the memory card
furthermore, after each of my friend beat the game we gathered in 4 days sessions to beat the game in various ways ( no item run at 4 on hard or mania, low level mania run ) ..Overall i finished symphonia over 17 times ..it was uber fun abscyion mania mode with friends. When abyss arrived on PS2 , we did pretty much the same ( thanks to the hd loader that cut load times )

Anyway the save slots is a thing of the past .. you can save as much as you want on PS3 i assume.. ( at least that was the deal with Vesperia & xillia ) viva the harddrives ..!!!

that's good news. After Symphonia, I had to get used to only saving in like 3 or 4 files, which was annoying.

Oh i see.

amazon order page is slow. Just got a text update with tracking that it has been shipped. WOOT. too bad it's UPS lulz.

8pm it is.

Shipped from Tennessee

Item(s) Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.99
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
Total Before Tax: $20.98
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total for This Shipment: $20.98

Can't wait!

$40? why do I always miss these things? I ordered it for the full $60 lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
Is there any chance that I will get the pre-order bonus if I buy the game day 1 even if I didn't pre-order?

It worked with Darksiders.

Carlisle

lol that would explain how i missed it

i-know-that-feel-bro.png

This will be the first time I pay a full $60 for a video game in a long, long, loooooong time.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Amazon hasn't shipped my copy yet, and I ordered slow shipping. I am probably not going to have it until later this week.

I do have a nice consolation prize, I am doing a 30 minute shoot this weekend with an amazing Pascal cosplayer during Anime Conji in San Diego. I will likely not post the cosplay pictures on here since I don't want to fill up the thread with non-game discussion.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
RPG Crazied said:
My GS always have games on Tuesday. Regardless of game.
My EB usually has stuff in stock on the release date too, and if they don't I usually get an ETA. They're pretty good in that manner. Plus they usually call saying they set my stuff aside.

Is the card game intact?
Won't know until he gets to that part, which is a little way into the Adult Arc (like, halfway, sorta).

...I wouldn't know accurately when since my playtime for the main arc+child arc was really long. >.>

Top Bottom