• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

hampig

So this game has multiplayer...is it local multiplayer? That would probably tip me over into buying this game, I've been hunting for a local multiplayer jRPG for quite a while now!

Yes! The multiplayer is all local, and it's a blast. Two friends of mine have a yearly tradition of playing straight through Vesperia in one sitting every year around Christmas. This year I joined, very very fun stuff. Picking the game up tomorrow and heading over to my friends for what looks to be like more good times.

exhume

Yeah, I believe there has always been local MP for battles since Tales of Phantasia (or Destiny?)

Anyway, my Newegg tracking says I won't have it until Thursday. Cool, gives me some time to get though my Mass Effect 1 + 2 runs.

Yes! The multiplayer is all local, and it's a blast. Two friends of mine have a yearly tradition of playing straight through Vesperia in one sitting every year around Christmas. This year I joined, very very fun stuff. Picking the game up tomorrow and heading over to my friends for what looks to be like more good times.

Neato, and thanks for the responses! Now I just have to psych myself up for the purchase of a second PS3 controller, those things are so expensive...

xxczx

Does it include Japanese VAs?

I'm not one to choose Japanese VAs over English because I do enjoy dubs but I can only handle so much Laura Bailey.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
the game is now available on my local store! will pick it up tomorrow.

I'm getting it right now. :D

But the Asian version is out of stock and they only have the Region 1 version so I have to shell out an extra $10. :(

vall03

I'm getting it right now. :D

But the Asian version is out of stock and they only have the Region 1 version so I have to shell out an extra $10. :(

nice! I was actually waiting for it a while ago, but had to go home early, but just when I got home is when they got their stocks.

Hobbun

I’ll be picking mine up today after work. Although won’t be starting ToG f until I finish TotA, which will probably be sometime late next week.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
nice! I was actually waiting for it a while ago, but had to go home early, but just when I got home is when they got their stocks.

You better get it fast. It seems like they're running out fast (which is surprising).

RPGCrazied

If it sells well, I'm sure they will. I wonder what is the sells expectations for this are. 200k? It might not reach 100k, but I do wish it well.

Had a pretty good time with Vesperia so I might check this out. Can't get into these characters mostly, but one of the coolest surprises with Vesperia was the strong-ish english VA...anyone know if that looks to be of the same quality here?

frequency

So not only did EBGames.ca ship my copy out a day early (never happens), but tracking says it's in my city and "On Vehicle for Delivery". It got here in one day and I'll be getting it on release day. This is absolutely unheard of for me.

Stuff usually ships, at earliest, days after release for me and shipping time is at least three days. I have no idea what happened here.

MrDaravon

I didn't say anything about a US ToG F guide. :p I said I bought the Final Fantasy XIII-2 guide, because it was hardcover and sexy. Other than that, I don't buy guides. I find my help and stuff on the internet.

Oh, I misinterpreted and thought you meant that you had a US guide coming in 3 hours :p

Volcynika

So not only did EBGames.ca ship my copy out a day early (never happens), but tracking says it's in my city and "On Vehicle for Delivery". It got here in one day and I'll be getting it on release day. This is absolutely unheard of for me.

Stuff usually ships, at earliest, days after release for me and shipping time is at least three days. I have no idea what happened here.

The magic.......OF ENTHUSIASM!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lafayette, LA, United States 03/13/2012 7:41 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.

noooooooo! that's a lame excuse to delay shipment.

Hey, if the drivers have to eat and stop at the gas station to use the toiler, then they gotta do it!

And with that, I ready to make my leave to pick up the game!

ULTROS!

Installing the game now. :)

Hobbun

I'm sitting here at work glaring at you. Just so you know.

Count me in as another person at work. Although as I said in an earlier post, I probably won’t be starting the game until sometime next week, so it’s not an issue for me to wait until after work. Heck, still playing TotA and Reckoning!

Question out to others, how many of you took off work (or called in sick) so you could pick up Graces and play today. :)

scy

Count me in as another person at work. Although as I said in an earlier post, I probably won’t be starting the game until sometime next week, so it’s not an issue for me to wait until after work. Heck, still playing TotA and Reckoning!

Man, I still have some mechanics work on Reckoning I just never got around to :/ That'll have to wait for after Graces. And probably finishing up Devil Survivor 2. And my Vita. And ...

...damn it.

Question out to others, how many of you took off work (or called in sick) so you could pick up Graces and play today. :)

I was tempted :(

There is an install for this game? 50 minutes left! Ugh.

Install only took like 5 minutes, don't worry about it. Just met
Sophie sleeping on Lhant Hill

I just had to change some setting, I noticed an option called Trails of Graces was added to the main menu, what's that about?

jorgeton

There is an install for this game? 50 minutes left! Ugh.

It's worth it!

So there's something to be said for going into a game completely blind, I didn't know anything about the characters when I started and it was cool to slowly discover how they were related to each other.

And maybe it's because I'm old, but I felt very protective of young Hubert and Asbel, specifically when some guard starts chatting them up out of the blue in the first town. I kept shouting at the TV "don't take apples from strange men!" There have been a couple of scenes like this so far, some dude randomly starts chatting up these group of 10 year olds and offering them sweets. I feel like a major plot point may be an Amber alert

ULTROS!

perfect!! so i assume 0 loading

There's still loading.

I'm still at the child arc, taking it kinda slow. Story isn't picking up yet.

Top Bottom