• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wooly Boar, Wolf Pup and Giant Bee

If I'm following the Google Document right, there's supposed to be an event that triggers on the second floor of the manor in Lhant between two specific points, yet the event isn't triggering. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks, that did it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So besides the preorder bonus, is there no DLC available at launch? I couldn't find anything on the store. (The JP version has a lot of DLC similar to that of Vesperia's.)

Well PSN hasn't gotten its weekly update yet so something might come out tomorrow. If not next week. If it doesn't happen then I doubt it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
IIRC paid DLC didn't release until a week later. I think it was the Idolmaster ones and suits for Asbel, Hubert, and Malik.

scy

Since my first goal is grindan 500 battles for Chaos, any sweet opportunity spot for it early game? Or just go nuts whenever?

Not even sure why I expect there to be an ideal location, to be honest.

Astra

Yeah I think I'll need to stay out of this thread until I'm through with the game too.

Already read two things in the last hour I wish I didn't. I wish people were were more considerate and actually thought about what they're posting before hitting the "Submit" button. It's absolutely unnecessary to say anything about the story outside of spoiler tags.

But I guess I get bothered by this more than most people because story is 90% of the experience for me.
I don't even watch trailers.

... not that I really contributed much to this thread. But I always lurk in OTs for games I'm interested in leading up to release. But someone always says something I wish they didn't so I've been keeping out of OTs for games after release until I'm done.

Agreed, some people are pretty careless about spoilers. Especially those they don't feel are spoilers. It can be especially bad with a game that's been out for more than a year. I've been spoiled far too much. You'd think the OT would be a safe place, since it's good practice to just spoiler tag everything story related.

Luckily I haven't read anything here, and now I won't be going back to catch up on the thread, so thank you for the warning. haha.

Varion

Is there a trophy for
beating Richard's trainer in under a minute?
Yeah. Basically the timed boss trophies are from the boss at the end of each of the game's
'acts'. Which doesn't help hugely in predicting where they're going to be, but if you get a 'Cleared X part of the story' trophy, the last boss you fought was the one.

Looks like I missed the first. :/

Edit: Do I need to complete all quests to get the trophy?
There's no trophy that requires you to trigger every single subevent. There is one that requires you to do every inn quest, and some of those involve items you get from subevents, but as far as I remember not many of those are missable and it's end of the game level stuff anyway. There's a bunch of scenes (like those at Asbel's house) that do nothing at all other than show you extra scenes.

Since my first goal is grindan 500 battles for Chaos, any sweet opportunity spot for it early game? Or just go nuts whenever?

Not even sure why I expect there to be an ideal location, to be honest.
Very very first area I guess? Enemies are fairly bunched up, and especially if you have a dark bottle they respawn pretty quickly. It's where I used for grinding up the pot's energy value at least.

thetechkid

I went in and I got a copy as 3-4 people walk out of the store with the game, knowing Tales games these were the last copies available in my area ever again.

MrDaravon

Can anyone tell me how long the first arc lasts when you are kids? 20 years of JRPGs have largely numbed me to playing as annoying teenager protagonists, but they somehow managed to one-up themselves here and go pre-teen. In a way I'm kind of impressed.

MrDaravon

You read right. Arcs and all that. I don't want to know anything.

There's a picture of them as kids on the back of the box. It's been shown in official videos and releases. The OP and everywhere else even references the "Future Arc". From the second you press start in the game you play as them as kids. This is not a spoiler in any way, form, or fashion by any stretch of the imagination. The only reason I even referred to it as an Arc is because the OP and multiple other official materials refer to some sort of "Future" Arc.

Is there a spoiler-free quest guide for this game? Or at least for the missable quests/trophies.

I would also like to know this. I like to take the time and explore, but I hate missing something that I can't eventually go back for. I missed Vesperia's secret dungeon and never got around to playing the game again, which was a major bummer.

MrDaravon

I would also like to know this. I like to take the time and explore, but I hate missing something that I can't eventually go back for. I missed Vesperia's secret dungeon and never got around to playing the game again, which was a major bummer.

Outside of the guide link in the OP, the only other one I've seen is this one: http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91405&start=0

It's kinda a bummer since it seems some stuff is missable, and supposedly there is an issue with certain things not carrying over properly into a New Game +. I'll probably beat the game once normally, then somewhere down the road once there are good/concise guides out go through it again either normally or on a new game + depending on if that's actually an issue or not.

Varion

Looking at the trophy list, some of these seen pretty hardcore.
It's easier than Vesperia's, at least. The titles and the pot energy were the worst ones, but at least you don't need all of everyone's titles, nor do you need all the item/monster etc books all done.

MrDaravon

It's easier than Vesperia's, at least. The titles and the pot energy were the worst ones, but at least you don't need all of everyone's titles, nor do you need all the item/monster etc books all done.

So you don't need every title? Just skimming the guides the only thing that I saw that seemed like it would screw you on just doing everything on a New Game + is (small non-story related spoiler)
I saw some people saying that apparently some/all Skits don't appear in a New Game + if you saw them the first time through, and they're not "inherited" so in order to get the Title for viewing every single Skit you'd have to see all of them on a single playthrough which apparently doesn't work since it won't re-pop them the second time around.
Maybe that's not accurate though?

Astra

Just picked my copy up, and the pre-order code was with it. Wasn't sure it would be, considering I put in the pre-order Friday.

Lucent

Ordered it through Newegg for $47.99. It'll be here tomorrow. Though I'm still working on other games like Resident Evil Revelations. I just had to make sure I got it, not only to ensure I have a copy, but I want to support them and get Xillia and other future titles here. Would still be nice if they localized the PS3 version of Vesperia, though. =/

Just finished up ME3 in time yesterday. Is the ending in this 'satisfying'?

Also just swung by GS to pick up preorder:

ibmxKml1mAsAxA.jpg

Are shrink wrap always so 'loose' for ps3 games?

Also...

i0HzfrXzwjzqS.jpg

Great job advertising a game weeks after all the single digit amount of copies sold out.

Lucent

Great job advertising a game weeks after all the single digit amount of copies sold out.

Haha. I know, right? I think it's kind of messed up I couldn't see Abyss 3D in stores anywhere even on release day. It's like they decided not to carry it at all. I had to order it through Best Buy's site because their site listed it not available in stores. You definetly need to get these games as soon as they come out.

Top Bottom