• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

frequency

Yeah I think I'll need to stay out of this thread until I'm through with the game too.

Already read two things in the last hour I wish I didn't. I wish people were were more considerate and actually thought about what they're posting before hitting the "Submit" button. It's absolutely unnecessary to say anything about the story outside of spoiler tags.

But I guess I get bothered by this more than most people because story is 90% of the experience for me.
I don't even watch trailers.

... not that I really contributed much to this thread. But I always lurk in OTs for games I'm interested in leading up to release. But someone always says something I wish they didn't so I've been keeping out of OTs for games after release until I'm done.

aktham

I'll be picking up my copy from GameStop after work this evening. Tales games combine my 2 favorite genres RPGs and fighting games. Hopefully this game does well enough to bring more JRPGs over to the US (This generation has been lacking).

Yeah I think I'll need to stay out of this thread until I'm through with the game too.

I generally bail out of all major OTs if it's a game I want to play.

But then again if I can't keep up with the discussion there usually isn't too much of a point, although, I think the people in here will be far more helpful than the average bears.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone know where the first 2 sidequests are?

Picked up my copy, probably going to play for an hour or two before heading out for the day :D

Still can't decide whether or not I'll use the costume code, though.

Animekatt

Yay, installing now. When I picked up my copy at Gamestop, I was the first customer there about 15 mins after opening. I saw they had a lot of copies behind the clerk, about 10 or so. Makes me happy that a lot of people preordered in my area. When I picked up Abyss 3DS, only 2 peoply (myself included) preordered.

Does anyone have a Tales group chat on the PSN?

Bladenic

Yay, installing now. When I picked up my copy at Gamestop, I was the first customer there about 15 mins after opening. I saw they had a lot of copies behind the clerk, about 10 or so. Makes me happy that a lot of people preordered in my area. When I picked up Abyss 3DS, only 2 peoply (myself included) preordered.

Does anyone have a Tales group chat on the PSN?

I can start one, though I don't have a mic :(

Integrating a Gamestop trip into this shit weather commute is going to be a huge pain in the ass. Let's hope they don't run out of pre-order bonuses...

Redeemed my code and installing. Can't wait to play this. There's a mandatory install for those who are low on memory(it said it needed 3650gb but the back of the game says 4300mb). I had to delete some demos and LBP.

Yes finally got my email It's shipped ....
Now the long wait ...

EDit : i got carried away when i saw amazon ... Back to refreshing my amazon page until it ships..

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Done got!

Taken with Vita cam

2012-03-13-112501uyd4p.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I know #2 is on the 2nd floor of Asbel's manor on the left side, not sure where the first one is.

Calling Dark Schala/Aeana. :)

Jiraiza

Bueno, got my code for dem costumes. Why must getting DLC be so exhilarating (except for Capcom's stuff)?

Immediately got the DLC, changed the theme from Xillia, and was attacked by many shades of pink.

...Woot.

LiquidMetal14

I'm already feeling this game.

And my little GS in small town FL got 10 copies of the game in. I'm not going to try and incite anything but I think this could easily break 100k in its first month based on the stronger than anticipated pre orders.

ULTROS!

Did you check to OT for the guide? It might be there.

Looks like I missed the first. :/

Edit: Do I need to complete all quests to get the trophy?

Proven

Already read two things in the last hour I wish I didn't. I wish people were were more considerate and actually thought about what they're posting before hitting the "Submit" button. It's absolutely unnecessary to say anything about the story outside of spoiler tags.

But I guess I get bothered by this more than most people because story is 90% of the experience for me.
I don't even watch trailers.

... not that I really contributed much to this thread. But I always lurk in OTs for games I'm interested in leading up to release. But someone always says something I wish they didn't so I've been keeping out of OTs for games after release until I'm done.

I pretty much left the thread from last week. My friend just picked up his order from Gamestop a few minutes ago. This is when I usually bail on the OT, only to return if I get and completely beat the game before someone makes a LTTP.

LiquidMetal14

Loving this game already. It's been too long since our last console Tales of game. It sure is pretty. Makes me wish I could be playing it on the Vita screen as I'm typing this from that right now. Amazing what good resolution and AA do for this.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got my copy from Gamestop. The manual is only 17 pages compared to the 57 in the Japanese version. Also, the disc art is different. The PS3 theme is the exact same one too for those wondering.

:[ to seeing everyone already getting their's.

I gotta wait till this evening for Mr. UPS to come and I will hopefully be done with my paper by then.

:[ to seeing everyone already getting their's.

I gotta wait till this evening for Mr. UPS to come and I will hopefully be done with my paper by then.

Normally Purolator gets to my house between 8am-10am, my brother orders a lot of car stuff and this time is seemingly iron clad. Until today, in which it says it left at 9:51am and it's still not here.

:[

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish the game had a reversible cover using the instruction booklet artwork. I really like it. Not that the default cover is bad or anything

LiquidMetal14

In Lhant doing some talking. The guard that asks you the 3 questions about animals, what are the answers as I thought I knew them for sure.

In Lhant doing some talking. The guard that asks you the 3 questions about animals, what are the answers as I thought I knew them for sure.

Wooly Boar, Wolf Pup and Giant Bee

If I'm following the Google Document right, there's supposed to be an event that triggers on the second floor of the manor in Lhant between two specific points, yet the event isn't triggering. Am I doing something wrong?

john tv

So besides the preorder bonus, is there no DLC available at launch? I couldn't find anything on the store. (The JP version has a lot of DLC similar to that of Vesperia's.)

Top Bottom