• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

I'm pretty mad you can't skip the dialogue individually on scenes. After I read the words on the bottom I don't need to hear the entire rest of the sentence being spoken if I don't want to.

Mikhal

I'm pretty mad you can't skip the dialogue individually on scenes. After I read the words on the bottom I don't need to hear the entire rest of the sentence being spoken if I don't want to.

Isn't being able to skip the dialogue default? If not, then it's in the options.

Ultratech

So I got to see the Hubert and Cheria skit.
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard over a skit...
"Your skirt is far too short! It's much too distracting and shows far too much skin! You should wear something more appropriate!"

A major pain in the ass to fight, but so goddamn awesome. Feels so good to beat him.
Funny enough, it is possible to use items with very precise timing (get him in a busy frame).
Or use Hourglasses until he goes Berserk.

matmanx1

My playtime on this so far is sub 3 hours because I've become such a handheld gamer in the past few months over consoles but I really like what I've seen so far. And heard. Is that Sakuraba I hear or do my ears deceive me? The field music sounds really similar to Star Ocean 4 and I really liked that OST also.

Young Asbel is all kinds of awesome. Probably too awesome as what kid would do all he does but the complete lack of any touch of emo is quite welcome. It's going to take me months to get through this one but it's going to be great.

Jiraiza

Switching from sheathed to drawn takes little time, as you may have noticed. But doing the opposite--switching from drawn to sheathed has a delay on it. When you learn more skills, he seems to switch faster. Keep playing and levelling up titles.

If you want a faster character to use, go with Hubert. He's like... the Guy Cecil of this game.

Oh, speed isn't too much of a problem. I prefer Asbel honestly. I guess I'll have to avoid attacking with B-Artes when I have my sword out. Thanks!

Misterhbk

Asbel's honorary knight costume FTW! I like it so much more than his disco suit lol. Will be using it unless something else I like more comes along.

Koroviev

Very conflicted. I'm really interested in the combat, but $60 out of the blue is steep. Is there any other niche stuff coming out between now and Mayonaka Arena? (Excluding Growlanser and Gungnir)

Toki767

I just finished Chapter 2. I swear these titles will be the death of me. I get sidetracked trying to master them instead of moving on with the story.

Misterhbk

It's part of a side quest after 2/3 of the game. It's pretty cool looking. I still prefer Haseo and his Butler outfit more.
You can also let Namco Nickle and Dime you and get the costume for 1.99. That's what I did because I'm still very early in the game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope more Team Destiny games come over. I kinda like this game more than Abyss.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't have good feelings about Abyss in general. >.>

Misterhbk said:
You can also let Namco Nickle and Dime you and get the costume for 1.99. That's what I did because I'm still very early in the game.
And in Xillia, you can let them nickel and dime you all the time because all the cool costumes are DLC/preorder bonuses/come from single CDs instead of being in the game! Ahahahahaha!

:(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I see them in the dlc items... but they're tied to titles? lol... I've never bothered with the costumes in Tales games before.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I see them in the dlc items... but they're tied to titles? lol... I've never bothered with the costumes in Tales games before.

Once you unbox them you get the titles for it, then you level them up to 3 stars and after that you can use it.

I like how there are 3 different kinds of cutscenes - regular, mocap, and animated cutscenes. There was a particular important battle in the game (where you learned about breaking shields using a move with a certain attribute) and the preceeding cutscenes started regular, then went to mocap, then went to animated, and I was thinking the whole time "it's about to get REAL" :p

...I think that makes me crazy or something. lol

Not really a spoiler: I really enjoyed seeing
something that reminded me of Lord Jabu-Jabu
. Some pretty funny skits came from meeting him. It was something unexpected in a Tales game.

Isn't being able to skip the dialogue default? If not, then it's in the options.

I thibk he meant the mocap scenes.

BY2K

Membero Americo
A dog told me.

Seriously, I can't get over that!

Why the hell would a DOG tell you how to skip cutscenes!? 10 hours into the game!

Astra

So, I entered the desert area, and did some stuff. A new party member joined,
Hubert. Guy is such an anal douche.
Ought to make skits with Sophie and Pascal especially amusing.

That aside, he is so... fragile. His HP is whittled down so quickly, which is odd, since his defense isn't THAT low. Suppose it's Dualize time!

kayos90

So, I entered the desert area, and did some stuff. A new party member joined,
Hubert. Guy is such an anal douche.
Ought to make skits with Sophie and Pascal especially amusing.

That aside, he is so... fragile. His HP is whittled down so quickly, which is odd, since his defense isn't THAT low. Suppose it's Dualize time!

He comes underleveled plus he's sort of a glass cannon. He's great! At least in Future Arc.

Koroviev

Well, this thread convinced me to bite the bullet. Hope it's as great as everyone says because this is it for a while <_<

Also, I'm not playing with your heart anymore, Schala ;)

kewlmyc

Holy shit. Magic Carta hard mode is super easy once you learn the "pause" trick. I would feel bad for doing it if it weren't for the cheating AI.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished the main plot. Spoilers:

Am I the only one that didn't like lambda? I hate how he got to live in the end (especially with asbel).
*Sigh* Oh well, I enjoyed everything else about the game. Now onto the post-game content.

As far as the rest of the game, is lambda ever referenced again, or Asbel's eye the only way you can tell he ever existed?

kayos90

Just finished the main plot. Spoilers:

Am I the only one that didn't like lambda? I hate how he got to live in the end (especially with asbel).
*Sigh* Oh well, I enjoyed everything else about the game. Now onto the post-game content.

As far as the rest of the game, is lambda ever referenced again, or Asbel's eye the only way you can tell he ever existed?

Beat the future arc. It's better for your questions.

Top Bottom