• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Astra

Quick question: do any of the casters, Cheria especially, get a skill that let's them take a beating while casting, and not be staggered? (At least not staggered easily).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seriously, doesn't Namco know how to balance a RPG?

Kurt
was a bitch then
Richard
a few minutes later was piss easy.

I also just realized now that the little girl who gives you a Carta at Sable Izolle is basically a miniature version of Rita.

I'm doing Normal until I get to the last boss. Then I will switch just for those trophies. I'll probably have to grind for the Moderate and up ones.

I think I may just do Hard for everything non boss then if I lose against a boss lower then raise it back up.

Though if one truly has to beat bosses in under a minute, I guess I will do that normal or something in the second playthrough.

Unlocked Evil, not making much difference on normal battles and haven't hit a boss yet.

Just about to ...
Breaking into the Wall Fortress and infiltrate from there.
Pascal already growing on me and I'm starting to work the Mixer more effectively without a guide or anything.

Verelios

I think I may just do Hard for everything non boss then if I lose against a boss lower then raise it back up.

Though if one truly has to beat bosses in under a minute, I guess I will do that normal or something in the second playthrough.

I honestly cannot beat a boss in under 5 minutes. Part of that stems from me not wanting to get hit, so I dodge alot, and part of that also stem from me not wanting to use gels or Life bottles. I'm...weird like that, since I find using them to be a waste.

Plus, even if I ask my team mates to heal, they mostly just stand around not attacking for most of the battle, and occasionly, if I'm lucky, pull out a heal. It's infuriating. Changing up strategies doesn't really even help there.

Edit: I'm also playing on Hard.

scy

Good news, Schala! The Princess Stories book is still there so it's not timed (or at least, the window is at least Chapter 2 - Chapter 3). Even better since I kind of forgot to not grind. Hey, ~600-700 SP a fight is hard to pass up.

Yuterald

The world map boat scenes are really unnecessary, at least from Lhant to Barona. The little transition screens are really funny to me. The boat kind of spins in place, hah!

I haven't hit a real dungeon yet either, I'm kind of disappointed. I'm 7 hours in, taking my time, grinding out enemies for soul orbs before moving on. I already unlocked Evil and have been playing on that difficulty and I'm only in Chapter 1, I guess? Still in and around the beginnings of adulthood.

I really want to see all the potential baby dungeon ideas in this game. The forest outside of the ruined town at the start of this chapter provided one mini wrap-around bolder pushing event. I am always fascinated with dungeons in RPGs, especially in ones where they don't specialize in dungeon creativity.

Still enjoying it for the battle system alone. My god though, between this game and The Last Story what is up with these "cursed" marks on main characters hands lately? Probably just a coincidence on my part for playing the two games simultaneously, but still. Oh, and I'm glad at least that I've seen characters talking about different paths on cliffs already. Totally what I expected from this game so at least they are delivering that angle. In general though, the story is REALLY boring town, lol!

Hasn't been an issue for me. I don't think I had to press anything to resume when coming back from XMB. Do you pause the game before going into the XMB?

Edit: Well, I went in and out of the XMB several times, and even sent a message, and there's been no issue on my end.

I haven't been pausing, but maybe that's the problem?

It just happened a third time.

scy

How in the hell are you supposed to beat (Chapter 3- End)
Richard
in under 60s on Chaos? I can barely do 40k damage in 60 seconds, much less 75k.

I don't think there's a good grinding spot nearby either so I don't think I can even do anything to push my stats up higher.

Astra

I haven't been pausing, but maybe that's the problem?

It just happened a third time.

I don't think that's the problem. I tried several different things to see if I could cause it to freeze up on me, but I can't duplicate your issue. I have no clue why it would be happening. Which model PS3 do you have? Mine is the 320GB Slim, about a year old.
I know my launch 60GB model handled XMB functions while playing a game very poorly. Especially chat and messaging.

The only other thing I can think of is if you're going into the XMB while the game is saving, or if it's loading an area. I've experienced lockups with other games if I did that.

Bladenic

Start of Chapter 4, did sidequests now headed to Warrior's Roost. My fav party is Asbel, Hubert, Cheria, and Malik. Unstoppable. Also just love Malik's spells and attacks. Fav character in battle, with Hubert 2nd and Asbel 3rd.

Just got Pascal and really like how they localized her. And, then she learned the Hipster title and this makes the localization one of the best ever.

Sigh, running into having money problems now, since I want the new equipment and also I want to dualize them as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm actually liking this story so far. Its not so much generic as its just simple/classic. The characters so far are likable and i enjoy how realistically they respond to events at times. I especially like how decisive Asbel is (and how impulsively decisive kid Asbel was lol).

That said, Pascal has just joined up and I'm not liking what I see of her so far. Is she this game's annoying character?

Astra

That said, Pascal has just joined up and I'm not liking what I see of her so far. Is she this game's annoying character?

Not at all. I thought so at first, too, but she really grew on me. She can be annoying, but she's not the average, young annoying Tales female. Anise and Colette, for example, have her beat hard in annoyance. Pascal may be hyperactive, but her lines are at least clever, and funny. She's made even better through her interactions with the other characters. Their responses to her are priceless.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So many questions in the last few pages. I'll assume that they're all answered. 'Sides. I was getting some work done and studying. :)

Ultros probably knows how slow I'm going with the English version, lol.

Well, this thread convinced me to bite the bullet. Hope it's as great as everyone says because this is it for a while <_<

Also, I'm not playing with your heart anymore, Schala ;)
Both games are fantastic, imo. I hope you're happy with both of them. A choice between both games is quite difficult for me since I enjoyed both a lot.

Oh god, the only way to get
Rockgagong fur
is to beat it in battle right? Fuck that, it's not worth it.
No. Run in the battle, use Asbel/Sophie's CC2 artes (hold up) to try to steal from it and escape from the battle when you have it. You'll still retain it. That's exactly what I did during Chapter 5.

Huh. Chapter 3 isn't fucking around on Chaos. After the pretty easy
Queen Slime
fight from Chapter 2, the bosses here are ridiculous (well, really just
Cedric; Malik and Victoria were pretty easy
. ~45k HP, cannot be juggled, somehow randomly blocks mid combo string (how?! On my way to an 80-hit combo and then just "lol I blocked mid hit-stun"), and a Mystic Arte that kills whoever it targets. Maybe I should've Dualized better equipment ... somehow.

First boss fight (hell, first fight) where I had to just accept winning with dead people. Regular hits from him were doing 1k+ which kind of made reviving pointless.
Chaos will essentially force you to either grind titles or dualize equipment. Dualization is a lot better and more convenient.

Chaos certainly doesn't fuck around later on, trust me on that one.

Good news, Schala! The Princess Stories book is still there so it's not timed (or at least, the window is at least Chapter 2 - Chapter 3). Even better since I kind of forgot to not grind. Hey, ~600-700 SP a fight is hard to pass up.
Awesome! I figured they weren't missable. Thanks for figuring that out. :D

Not at all. I thought so at first, too, but she really grew on me. She can be annoying, but she's not the average, young annoying Tales female. Anise and Colette, for example, have her beat hard in annoyance. Pascal may be hyperactive, but her lines are at least clever, and funny. She's made even better through her interactions with the other characters. Their responses to her are priceless.
Those two characters aren't my favourites either. A lot of Tales games have that one character whom I really dislike.

Anise really sucks, and it doesn't help that the rest of the Abyss cast save for Tear, Jade and Asshole Luke aren't that great either.

Quick question: do any of the casters, Cheria especially, get a skill that let's them take a beating while casting, and not be staggered? (At least not staggered easily).
They get Cast Speed Reduction skills from some titles. During Arles Ris... Eleth... Burst? They take a beating while not being staggered.

You can always set Cheria to passive (ex: Never attack enemies ever; so she can stay the hell away from everything), and then set her to heal when HP less than 100%).

For Pascal users, you'll get used to her eventually, especially when she levels up. She's really fun to use when you stagger enemies, run up, and then cast something to get stuff done.

Astra

Those two characters aren't my favourites either. A lot of Tales games have that one character whom I really dislike.

Anise really sucks, and it doesn't help that the rest of the Abyss cast save for Tear, Jade and Asshole Luke aren't that great either.

That's the thing about Graces. While it may not have a single character who stands out in a major way (though Pascal may seem like she does, but she definitely works best with others), the entire cast works so well together. Every one of them are very likeable, and that brings the quality of the entire game way up in regards to the cast.

As you said with Abyss, the majority of the cast was pretty sub-par. Jade was the major standout, and a fantastic character, but that doesn't help the rest of the cast.
I loved Tear, so great to see such an awesome female lead. Lagretta was pretty great, too.

Symphonia, well, they were... decent characters. Passable, I'd say. Kratos stood out, sure, but comparing him to other Tales series standouts, he pales in comparison.

Koroviev

I'm actually liking this story so far. Its not so much generic as its just simple/classic. The characters so far are likable and i enjoy how realistically they respond to events at times. I especially like how decisive Asbel is (and how impulsively decisive kid Asbel was lol).

I feel the same way. It probably helps that I largely missed out on the PS2 JRPG glut, including the Tales games. I think Joystiq nailed it: Graces is comfort food.

So many questions in the last few pages. I'll assume that they're all answered. 'Sides. I was getting some work done and studying. :)

Both games are fantastic, imo. I hope you're happy with both of them. A choice between both games is quite difficult for me since I enjoyed both a lot.

Haven't received RH yet, but I'm having a great time with Graces. Meant to work/study before bed last night, ended up playing until 4 AM instead. I was baffled when
Asbel and friends fell off the cliff. It took them quite a while to marvel at the fact that they'd just survived falling from a damn cliff!

I keep getting those after-combat popups about enemy weak points and stuff like that. For example, how if you hit every single one of an enemy's weak points it becomes staggered. Or if you attack a weak point and then attack another weak point in quick succession it creates a combo. Is any of this stuff worth bothering with? It seems like a lot of effort to figure out what an enemy's weak points are then configure your Arte trees to have the correct combination of artes to take advantage of all of them, and then mess around with timing them correctly if there is no tangible reward.

Just wondering if it's worth bothering with this.

Datschge

I keep getting those after-combat popups about enemy weak points and stuff like that. For example, how if you hit every single one of an enemy's weak points it becomes staggered. Or if you attack a weak point and then attack another weak point in quick succession it creates a combo. Is any of this stuff worth bothering with? It seems like a lot of effort to figure out what an enemy's weak points are then configure your Arte trees to have the correct combination of artes to take advantage of all of them, and then mess around with timing them correctly if there is no tangible reward.

Just wondering if it's worth bothering with this.

In higher difficulty levels it is.

How do you defeat the robot at the crash site? It always one shots the whole group as it gets close to dying.

You have to equip a title that reduces the damage you obtain if it's over a certain amount. I think, but can't remember, Hubert might have one that reduces the damage if it's over 1000 damage, which would allow you to survive the final blast. Haven't gotten that far to actually tell you which title that is though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You have to equip a title that reduces the damage you obtain if it's over a certain amount. I think, but can't remember, Hubert might have one that reduces the damage if it's over 1000 damage, which would allow you to survive the final blast. Haven't gotten that far to actually tell you which title that is though.
This. It's too bad we don't know the localized names of those titles, otherwise we'd tell you. But they have to be damage-reduction titles once equipped (and preferably mastered). They're the 'stylist' titles or the titles that require you to learn skills before acquiring them. I imagine that they're called fashionista (for the girls; the guy have their share of it too) and that the description reads "awarded to the person who has learned a lot of skills" or something in English.

Hit it until the HP becomes unknown. Set everyone to passive and guard at all times (and you do this too). He'll try to self-destruct. Event should be cleared if you survive.

That's the thing about Graces. While it may not have a single character who stands out in a major way (though Pascal may seem like she does, but she definitely works best with others), the entire cast works so well together. Every one of them are very likeable, and that brings the quality of the entire game way up in regards to the cast.

As you said with Abyss, the majority of the cast was pretty sub-par. Jade was the major standout, and a fantastic character, but that doesn't help the rest of the cast.
I loved Tear, so great to see such an awesome female lead. Lagretta was pretty great, too.

Symphonia, well, they were... decent characters. Passable, I'd say. Kratos stood out, sure, but comparing him to other Tales series standouts, he pales in comparison.
I had quite an attachment to Kratos when I first finished it. I have a bit of a nostalgic attachment to that game, so I can't dislike it (and it's still a good game in its own right). Abyss, though... mmm... It really is too bad that the cast dragged down that game for me. The character relationships and interactions weren't very good most of the time. My bf and I butt heads over it sometimes because he really likes it but I don't like Abyss as an overall package as much.

Given that the core themes of this game are friendship and protection, I suppose they had to construct a cast good enough to carry the theme throughout. This practice seemed to carry on through to Xillia because I didn't dislike anyone in that game either.

I feel the same way. It probably helps that I largely missed out on the PS2 JRPG glut, including the Tales games. I think Joystiq nailed it: Graces is comfort food.

Haven't received RH yet, but I'm having a great time with Graces. Meant to work/study before bed last night, ended up playing until 4 AM instead. I was baffled when
Asbel and friends fell off the cliff. It took them quite a while to marvel at the fact that they'd just survived falling from a damn cliff!
It really is. I started my second playthrough while I was doing the plat for FFXIII (so basically I was finishing the endgame and starting on postgame). Graces was quite a refreshing game to come back to when I wanted to take a break from grinding in FFXIII, so I was happy to have Graces to complement the other game.

And
they survived because JRPG, lol. I had the same thought when I first played it.

scy

@Pascal: I find her greatest point to be the fact that she really livens up the post-fight commentary. "Royal crablettes" may in fact endear Sophie to me and I have Pascal to thank for that.

Chaos will essentially force you to either grind titles or dualize equipment. Dualization is a lot better and more convenient.

I'm basically grinding dualize right now to see if that'll help me out with a 60 second kill on
Richard
. I'm not exactly hopeful. I really should've done more with it but I got most my equipment to +3 or so and was smug satisfied with that. Damn. Shouldn't have been so lazy! Could've been to +20 or something!

Seriously though, middle Chapter 3 Chaos? 9000 HP + 2x 8000 HP lackeys. Next boss? 35k HP. Well played, game. Well played.

Awesome! I figured they weren't missable. Thanks for figuring that out. :D

I'm so relieved since I had completely forgotten about it (sort of) and went on my way grinding when it was convenient and hunting down all the Carta spawns from the shinies. Oh man, that would've been awful lol.

This. It's too bad we don't know the localized names of those titles, otherwise we'd tell you. But they have to be damage-reduction titles once equipped (and preferably mastered). They're the 'stylist' titles or the titles that require you to learn skills before acquiring them. I imagine that they're called fashionista (for the girls; the guy have their share of it too) and that the description reads "awarded to the person who has learned a lot of skills" or something in English.

Asbel's is Paragon, Sophie and Cheria have Fashionista, Pascal's is Hipster, and I either don't have Malik's or it's going to be the Time Spender line Malik's is Duke; all of these list the damage reduction stuff. Of those, though, only Asbel's Paragon is a huge damage reduction (Over 1500 / 1200 for the two I have); the rest seem to be anti-stagger mechanisms.

Edit: That's at ~40+ Titles for everyone (60+ for Asbel) with all at 5*. I'll update when I get Hubert to see what his is called and some approximation for the skill count.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
@Pascal: I find her greatest point to be the fact that she really livens up the post-fight commentary. "Royal crablettes" may in fact endear Sophie to me and I have Pascal to thank for that.
People'll get used to Pascal towards the end. Her dialogue generally spiced up a lot of stuff.

I'm basically grinding dualize right now to see if that'll help me out with a 60 second kill on
Richard
. I'm not exactly hopeful. I really should've done more with it but I got most my equipment to +3 or so and was smug satisfied with that. Damn. Shouldn't have been so lazy! Could've been to +20 or something!

Seriously though, middle Chapter 3 Chaos? 9000 HP + 2x 8000 HP lackeys. Next boss? 35k HP. Well played, game. Well played.

I'm so relieved since I had completely forgotten about it (sort of) and went on my way grinding when it was convenient and hunting down all the Carta spawns from the shinies. Oh man, that would've been awful lol.
That boss is really hard to finish off on Chaos at that point if you haven't been dualizing. Especially since you've just learned of
dispelling the Dark Aura prior to attacking him and then you have to dodge his attacks
. Nothing wrong with decreasing the difficulty, but dualizing stronger equipment will help out a lot.

I loved how the enemies respawned so much in the middle of Chapter 3 Chaos. That's when I realized that they were pretty much bullet sponges, but dualizing better equipment and using appropriate skills to get rid of them faster helps out a lot.

Asbel's is Paragon, Sophie and Cheria have Fashionista, Pascal's is Hipster, and I either don't have Malik's or it's going to be the Time Spender line Malik's is Duke; all of these list the damage reduction stuff. Of those, though, only Asbel's Paragon is a huge damage reduction (Over 1500 / 1200 for the two I have); the rest seem to be anti-stagger mechanisms.

Edit: That's at ~40+ Titles for everyone (60+ for Asbel) with all at 5*. I'll update when I get Hubert to see what his is called and some approximation for the skill count.
Amazing.
KuGsj.gif

The final damage reduction title for Asbel will reduce damage over 1000 HP. Cheria and Sophie's damage reduction title was called Gorgeous Dresser, which reduced damage over 800. Hubert's was originally called "Baron". Malik's final damage reduction title is called Gorgeous Duke, which reduces damage over 1000. Pascal's... well, her final title reduced damage over 1000 (I'd love to see the localized title for that).

You usually learn them at 30 - 150 - 350 skills.

Speaking of the localization, I like the names for some of the trophies in the English version. Some of them are better and more creative than the original JP list.

jackdoe

I was playing for three hours and realized that sound wasn't coming from my rear or center speakers when playing. Curious, I wanted to make sure that my PS3 or speakers weren't borked. They weren't. It was just Namco being Namco and not bothering to make a 5.1 channel mix (Tales of Vesperia had a surround sound option at least). Game is still a blast to play though.

scy

I loved how the enemies respawned so much in the middle of Chapter 3 Chaos. That's when I realized that they were pretty much bullet sponges, but dualizing better equipment and using appropriate skills to get rid of them faster helps out a lot.

I actually didn't notice anything like that. I had to Dark Bottle to force any respawns in
the Castle
. But it was such a great grinding spot ... I kind of wish I was back there again ... :(

Then again, I've apparently 5*'d all my titles. Just Gald/battle grinding to dualize stuff. Didn't notice the cost on that until just recently. 40k to nothing so fast. Though, I may have been shop rank grinding too.

The final damage reduction title for Asbel will reduce damage over 1000 HP. Cheria and Sophie's damage reduction title was called Gorgeous Dresser, which reduced damage over 800. Hubert's was originally called "Baron". Malik's final damage reduction title is called Gorgeous Duke, which reduces damage over 1000. Pascal's... well, her final title reduced damage over 1000 (I'd love to see the localized title for that).

Good to know they finally bump up, though. The first two in their lines are pretty useless (to me); 90% reduction on sub-30 (60 Mastered) Damage and Staggerproof on sub-20 (40 Mastered) damage. Thanks, I guess? In the event I'm ever fighting Childhood arc enemies again, I suppose :| Oh Chaos difficulty and your trash enemies hitting for hundreds.

Though, Asbel's came in handy to make him not die to Mystic Artes catching him.

What's with the damage indicators in this game? I'll do an attack on someone and it says that they took 1000 points worth of damage, but when I check their health they clearly lost less than that. What's the deal?

Beats

What's with the damage indicators in this game? I'll do an attack on someone and it says that they took 1000 points worth of damage, but when I check their health they clearly lost less than that. What's the deal?

That's the total damage you've done during a combo or whatever (I think...). The damage your attacks do shows up still but it's very brief. The total number stays up longer and I think has a bigger font size.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I actually didn't notice anything like that. I had to Dark Bottle to force any respawns in
the Castle
. But it was such a great grinding spot ... I kind of wish I was back there again ... :(

Then again, I've apparently 5*'d all my titles. Just Gald/battle grinding to dualize stuff. Didn't notice the cost on that until just recently. 40k to nothing so fast. Though, I may have been shop rank grinding too.

Good to know they finally bump up, though. The first two in their lines are pretty useless (to me); 90% reduction on sub-30 (60 Mastered) Damage and Staggerproof on sub-20 (40 Mastered) damage. Thanks, I guess? In the event I'm ever fighting Childhood arc enemies again, I suppose :| Oh Chaos difficulty and your trash enemies hitting for hundreds.

Though, Asbel's came in handy to make him not die to Mystic Artes catching him.
I unlocked Chaos by then, so the respawn rate seemed to be bumped up from Evil at that point. It was better to grind battles there than other places because the SP bonuses there are much better than the ones from other places at that point in the game.

During Arles Break, I generally backstepped away from enemies to get away from them if I knew they had a Blast Caliber to kill certain characters. But when you get used to using other characters, it isn't so bad since you can just instaswitch with the D-pad and use them instead.

Is there a demo coming?
There's a demo up on JPSN, but Namco hasn't said a thing about an NA demo. The thing about the JP demo is that... well... much of the stuff that is in that demo happens during postgame (ex: Accel Mode, etc), so they can't easily localize that and put it out there for people.

Hmm, that's weird.

I have Pascal's Lv. 2 and Lv. 3 Mystic Arts, but not Lv. 1.

Did I miss something?
Did you go out the western exit in Grelside (or whatever they're calling it in English)?
You'll be on a road and will encounter bandits, and Pascal will get her first Blast Caliber

Phenomic

Seriously, doesn't Namco know how to balance a RPG?

Kurt
was a bitch then
Richard
a few minutes later was piss easy.

I also just realized now that the little girl who gives you a Carta at Sable Izolle is basically a miniature version of Rita.

I don't think I've upgraded my armor once and this just obliterated me. Do I need to go back and buy some stuff to beat this boss because it's hard as anything.

scy

Hmm, that's weird.

I have Pascal's Lv. 2 and Lv. 3 Mystic Arts, but not Lv. 1.

Did I miss something?

Leave Grelsyde by the West exit (and/or Eastern Lhant Road and take the southern exit); the
Bandit in the middle of the path needs to be spoken to three times and then you'll get Pascal's first Mystic Arte after the fight

I unlocked Chaos by then, so the respawn rate seemed to be bumped up from Evil at that point. It was better to grind battles there than other places because the SP bonuses there are much better than the ones from other places at that point in the game.

600+ SP! So much SP! It was so good.

During Arles Break, I generally backstepped away from enemies to get away from them if I knew they had a Blast Caliber to kill certain characters. But when you get used to using other characters, it isn't so bad since you can just instaswitch with the D-pad and use them instead.

Generally, that's what I did but I guess
Cedric's
Mystic Arte area of effect is larger than I think it is since I'd keep getting caught even if I was three+ character lengths from the target. I slapped the Title on Asbel and just manually controlled his target until the Break ended; figured letting Asbel eat the hit with damage reduction was better than sacrificing someone else.

pahamrick

I saw mentioned that there was a glitch with inheriting titles and book data in the Japanese release of Graces F. Anyone know what specific glitch they're talking about, and if it was fixed for the English release?

I'm coming up on the end of the game, and I was debating about inheriting titles for my second play but I don't want to do that if it makes me miss out on stuff I might have missed my first time through.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I saw mentioned that there was a glitch with inheriting titles and book data in the Japanese release of Graces F. Anyone know what specific glitch they're talking about, and if it was fixed for the English release?

I'm coming up on the end of the game, and I was debating about inheriting titles for my second play but I don't want to do that if it makes me miss out on stuff I might have missed my first time through.
iirc, that was in the Wii version, I think? A lot of the Wii version's bugs got fixed in the PS3 version except the dualization duplication sell/gain money like crazy glitch. That duplication glitch has been fixed in the English version.

The bug you're referring to is
if you get the Anmarcia Key (i dunno what they named those guys in English) on your first playthrough and carry over the book data, you can't get it on your second playthrough and you can't get into the Ruins Buried Under the Sand dungeon, and get all the sweet stuff from there + get the Eiyuu no Tsue/fight the cameo battle. If you carry over the Book data without stamp data, you miss a skit, and you aren't able to see how many stamps you got in shops. The titles... umm, I think it was completing the carta card minigame on Hard difficulty will net you a skit and a title, and the carta card subquest being marked as clear. If you already have the title thanks to carrying it over, then none of this will happen, so you can't view that one skit or complete the subquest in that playthrough.
In the Wii version, you could have used Gecko OS codes to fix that stuff. That seems to have been fixed in the PS3 version so don't worry about it.

600+ SP! So much SP! It was so good.

Generally, that's what I did but I guess
Cedric's
Mystic Arte area of effect is larger than I think it is since I'd keep getting caught even if I was three+ character lengths from the target. I slapped the Title on Asbel and just manually controlled his target until the Break ended; figured letting Asbel eat the hit with damage reduction was better than sacrificing someone else.
And so easy to rack up bonuses and get new titles too since the enemies take a lot of hits! I love that dungeon a lot.

I usually let Asbel die/get hit if I knew something was coming or I let Sophie/Hubert run into the enemy to get attacked instead. If the character I'm controlling gets hit, I just switch to Cheria or someone who's further away before the BC hits the controlled character.

Edgeward

I'm pretty surprised at how the child arc ends. What transpires caught me pretty off guard. Didn't really expect it to go that route.

scy

So any nifty combinations for Shards? Or is it basically just Rise/Exceed and Reinforce (+Min/Max CC and +CC Recovery Speed)?

I'm pretty surprised at how the child arc ends. What transpires caught me pretty off guard. Didn't really expect it to go that route.

Yeah, I quite liked the way it wrapped up there. Ironically, what I expected to happen to cause the
separation of all parties involved is actually what brings them back together :x
. Couldn't have been more wrong if I tried, lol.

CrazyDude

So I am at the first boos at I got beat two times. Once when he was at 75 health and the second time I die at the exact same moment the boss dies. My luck is horrible.

I don't think that's the problem. I tried several different things to see if I could cause it to freeze up on me, but I can't duplicate your issue. I have no clue why it would be happening. Which model PS3 do you have? Mine is the 320GB Slim, about a year old.
I know my launch 60GB model handled XMB functions while playing a game very poorly. Especially chat and messaging.

The only other thing I can think of is if you're going into the XMB while the game is saving, or if it's loading an area. I've experienced lockups with other games if I did that.

Mine's 80GB non-BC.

I haven't noticed a pattern with it but I know better than to hit the home screen when it's saving. Though loading might be a different issue.

Do the music and sound all stop for you when you hit the PS Button? They do for me and I thought it was odd but not exceptionally so.

Top Bottom