• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gonna go back to graces after I finish my homework... and write my blog. And look for a freelance job/contact. *sigh*....

scy

I missed what stamp cards are for. If I get a certain amount of stamps do I get something?

Every 10 stamps will unlock new things to be sold by the associated vendor. Typically starts as food stuff but they ramp up to decent things eventually. Turtlez have a pretty damn good sword for Asbel at Level 7 (I can check exacts in a bit, don't have the game in front of me), for instance? Most places get at least a decent piece of equipment at 4+.

And I think every city has a Carta card that you get this way.

1. Rebuy.
2. Basically what you'd have for a third playthrough is everything you earned in your first play + everything you earned in your second. So it's technically accumulating but like if you got 50 grade for titles in play 1 and 60 grade for titles (ie you got a few extra) then you'd have the higher 60 grade for your third play, not 110.
3. Basically what that does is inherit every title you have, and how much you've levelled it (5, Master, whatever). Which is why it's so expensive.
4. Battle items are items you can use in battle. Not equipment. Stuff like hourglasses and arcana bottles.
5. They're related to weapon dualising. Like when you beat certain enemies they drop a fragment with a nature attached to it. Then you dualise that effect onto your weapon or armour which increases the weapon's stats by a certain amount permanently (and gives it a +1, +2 etc) and then adds an effect which, say, increases physical attack by +18 or whatever. If you get that from the grade shop it unlocks a bunch of extra ones which're really awesome. Like "Barbatos-like" which raises all the weapon's stats by 15.
6. Title grinding and subquests, really. There's nothing like Tidal Wave spamming on Vesperia here. Also make sure to beat the final boss on the highest difficulty you can. If you've beat the future arc doing the extra dungeon shouldn't be THAT difficult for you. Getting all discoveries gets you an extra fairly easy 100 too.

Ahh, so "nature" = "shard". Just wasn't sure of the equivalent english term there. It seems like at an absolute minimum, one should purchase:

[30] Titles
[70] Eleth Pot
[30] Stamps
[50] Arte Use Count
[10] Books
[100] SP x2
[50] Nature Release
[50] Eleth Pot Efficiency

So 390 grade spent on bare essentials, and then can use the rest for whatever. Probably SP x3 would be next choice if I can afford it. Does anyone disagree with this? (i.e. think that one or more of these is not useful, or that I'm missing another one that is extremely importa?)

Koroviev

Gonna go back to graces after I finish my homework... and write my blog. And look for a freelance job/contact. *sigh*....

I've reserved my evenings for Graces. I can play handheld games during the day, but the home console ones feel like too much of a distraction. Need to put in a few more hours of studying for a calculus exam and write up a few entries for work....then Graces :D

Somebody motivate me to do the programming reading, too ._.

scy

Ahh, so "nature" = "shard". Just wasn't sure of the equivalent english term there. It seems like at an absolute minimum, one should purchase:

[70] Titles
[50] Eleth Pot
[30] Stamps
[50] Arte Use Count
[10] Books
[100] SP x2
[50] Nature Release
[50] Eleth Pot Efficiency

So 410 grade spent off the bat, and then can use the rest for whatever. Probably SP x3 would be next choice if I can afford it. Does anyone disagree with this? (i.e. think that one or more of these is not useful, or that I'm missing another one that is extremely importa?)

Unless SP costs go up ten fold, I can't imagine SP anything being super useful. I'm only midway into the game and 1000+ SP a fight is pretty much the norm. I'm starting to run out of titles to master and I'm at 70+ per character.

Well, unless you're dead set against Evil/Chaos difficulties, I suppose.

Unless SP costs go up ten fold, I can't imagine SP anything being super useful. I'm only midway into the game and 1000+ SP a fight is pretty much the norm. I'm starting to run out of titles to master and I'm at 70+ per character.

Well, unless you're dead set against Evil/Chaos difficulties, I suppose.

How do you have 70+ titles per character if you're only midway into the game? I just passed Warrior's Roost and I have like 30 per character.

scy

How do you have 70+ titles per character if you're only midway into the game? I just passed Warrior's Roost and I have like 30 per character.

Partially slight exaggeration since Hubert isn't at 50 yet (must be close to it though, he joined with like 30ish and I just got all his B-Arte titles) but I've been on Evil/Chaos since Chapter 2. Not sure what else to say, though. I've had 50+ for Asbel since shortly into Chapter 2, I don't think I've missed a single side quest yet either, though I don't think too many give titles early on.

It's probably mostly from having the Arte Adept/Master titles for basically everything though. That easily makes up for 20+ per character at least.

Ahh, so "nature" = "shard".

Not exactly. Each shard has a nature attached to it depending on where you got it, and that nature determines the stat boosts your equipment'll get when you dualise them together. Your equipment also has a nature, and by dualising shards and equipment with specific natures, you can get some really high stat boosts on them, alongside the shards' effects as well.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Grinding, Grinding and more grinding. I almost got Asbel's 50 titles trophy halfway through Chapter 3 because SP grinding felt so good during my second playthrough.

cpp_is_king said:
Ahh, so "nature" = "shard".
Natures are what they called "qualities" in the localized version.

This is evil especially the link artes dlc stuff.
You know they'll do it! They've gotten DLC-happy with costumes, so you know they'll do it.

Or they could make it so that if Jude wears an Asbel costume, and Leia/Milla wears a Cheria costume or something, then they'd be able to perform a certain link arte only by wearing those DLC costumes. Gwahahahaha!

6) Assuming I'm at the end of the game and have completed the future arc, what is the most time-efficient way of farming additional grade before starting a NG+? Assuming there's an easy way to get a 999 hit combo, it seems like that would be huge, but I'm not sure if there's an easy way to do that.
This is how I learned to do it. (Spoilers for postgame/Ex dungeon!)

k, I won't change it yet. If I do, it'll be another Pandora Hearts character. Did you watch Fate/Zero yet? Good? Bad? Also, someone should put the interview from lat year about what they cut in order to make the deadline for Xillia's release.

- New Single for the dubstep remix version of Progress. This will be DLC in order to change the intro
- New Preorder DLC including the costumes that were in the original version. There is no in-game costumes. Everything is paid DLC.
- New Prologue Chapter of Milla from 50 years ago. rofl
- There are no black feathers since everything is DLC anyway.
- Everyone is voiced by Wakamoto.
- Fate Zero costume for Everyone, Yay!!! (Milla = Saber, Jude = Kiritsugu, Alvin = Lancer, Leia = Sola, Elise = Ilya, Rowen = Kayneth) Alright!!!!
- They removed all of the link artes. they're all dlc.
- Max Level is 200 now.
- the hardest difficulty is now dlc just like Ninja Gaiden 3.
Wait. What? That's the first I've heard of the bolded!

Yeah, I watched the first two episodes so far. ufotable animation is sooooooo goooooood. But I had to stop since I had an exam today.

You say 'everyone voiced by Wakamoto' like it's a bad thing.

-Artes Ball is now DLC since there is no Black Feather quest.
-Manual control is DLC
-Unknown and Mania are unlocked via DLC

Where was that interview, in the Xillia thread? Oh here.
Hideo Baba said:
According to the interview, things that were initially supposed to be in the game but never did make it include hot spring scenes, a place similar to Nam Cobanda Isle (Tales of the Abyss), (Xillia spoilers: don't read this)
a playable Gaius and Musee
and Secret Missions similar to Tales of Vesperia (regarding this, Shinryu mentions that when he was digging through Xillia's game files, there was indeed stuff for Secret Missions).

I was thinking of dropping money on Twin Brave, but I haven't seen that many impressions of it yet. Musou can be enjoyable at times, though I'm not sure if a Talesified version of Musou would be great.

Innocence R... well... I keep hoping that'll come out here.

Just wait till Namco announces an in-game advertisement cooperation with McDonald's for making a Western release of Xillia possible, tehehe...
>:|

...wait. Like Namco would care that much! :lol

I was thinking of dropping money on Twin Brave, but I haven't seen that many impressions of it yet. Musou can be enjoyable at times, though I'm not sure if a Talesified version of Musou would be great.

Twin Brave is very average. It plays like a Musou game but, it doesn't really have the whole grand feel of it and instead feels just average. Small maps, no real combos besides mashing the normal attack and probably an arte. But, at least they actually made new animations for the artes. Better than Vs. but everything is probably better than Vs.
My main complaint is that movement is forced into the analog stick instead of using the directional pad and you can't change it. So, it becomes uncomfortable for me to actually play the game.

kayos90

Yeah, I watched the first two episodes so far. ufotable animation is sooooooo goooooood. But I had to stop since I had an exam today.

-Manual control is DLC

Yeah. It's either you have to buy the game new to get it or you have to pay for it. I forget which. Wakamoto voicing everyone is one of the few good things on that list. Can you imagine Jude screaming Milla with Wakamoto's voice. MIIIIIILLLLLAAAAAA!!! Rofl. So hardcore. Your exam went well?

Bladenic

Parasite Queen just shamed me on hard after splitting.

Are you using Malik in your party? His spells are a godsend for that battle after the split. Also set Cheria/Sophie to heal if anyone drops under 100% health. And if you get an Eleth Burst, use Malik's since his is the best area one.

burgerdog

Are you using Malik in your party? His spells are a godsend for that battle after the split. Also set Cheria/Sophie to heal if anyone drops under 100% health. And if you get an Eleth Burst, use Malik's since his is the best area one.

No :/ I didn't even think to switch Malik in. After banging my head against it for a while I switched to normal. I'll keep Malik in mind for other similar battles, thanks.

How do the narratives of Vesperia and Xillia stand compared to Graces btw?

I'm finding Graces' narrative to be a lot better then Vesperia. Vesperia had one good part, the rest of it was surrounded by incredibly boring things that pretty much every Tales game seems to do. It's not that Graces' is some super original thing or anything, I'm just finding the plot to be less heavy handed and a bit more fun. I also really dislike most of the cast of Vesperia and find them to be pretty lame. The cast in Graces' is nothing great, but their character types play off each character well and create some nice and funny scenes.

So basicly I'm saying this is a lot better then Vesperia. The story is far more entertaining and the combat is great.

Bladenic

Vesperia was better IMO. Mainly because the I liked the cast way more. Something like that comes down to personal opinion though. You really should be playing this game because of the battle system, which is better than Vesperia's (though I still love that game's battle system too).

Bebpo

Banned

Graces plot is better than everything in Vesperia's plot that doesn't involve Yuri killing people and Yuri/Flynn relationship. That part of Vesperia was really good and about 40% of the plot, but the other 60% of Vesperia's story was really bad. Graces is generic but not really really bad, just sort of harmless and doesn't get in the way of fun gameplay.

Graces plot is better than everything in Vesperia's plot that doesn't involve Yuri killing people and Yuri/Flynn relationship. That part of Vesperia was really good and about 40% of the plot, but the other 60% of Vesperia's story was really bad. Graces is generic but not really really bad, just sort of harmless and doesn't get in the way of fun gameplay.

This 100%. Thank You.

Rpgmonkey

Just realized titles have special effects beyond the skills you learn...

I originally this game's mechanics were pretty simple, but now it's starting to be a lot like Rebirth in that I'm finding all these different things that come together into one decently complex package.

Now I just have to replay this after I'm done as I don't feel like I used anything as well as I could have, lol.

I'm finding Graces' narrative to be a lot better then Vesperia. Vesperia had one good part, the rest of it was surrounded by incredibly boring things that pretty much every Tales game seems to do. It's not that Graces' is some super original thing or anything, I'm just finding the plot to be less heavy handed and a bit more fun. I also really dislike most of the cast of Vesperia and find them to be pretty lame. The cast in Graces' is nothing great, but their character types play off each character well and create some nice and funny scenes.

So basicly I'm saying this is a lot better then Vesperia. The story is far more entertaining and the combat is great.

I almost entirely agree with these.

barrin87

I just started playing Tales of Graces f today but I am really liking it so far. I just barely finished the first section while you are a kid. I haven't done anything as an adult yet though.

Midou

The AI seems pretty terribad when it really matters. I was fighting that
giant slime boss
on moderate and one of my characters constantly stands there, doing nothing. They are set to offensive, all skills enabled, automatic, everything is as it should be, but no, they just stand there. I've been kiting the boss at about 10% life before, with 2 characters who only had passive (dont attack enemies) and their healing skills enabled, and they still just stood there. I love this combat system, and I wish I could win a fight through skill or effort instead of lucking out when the AI decides to take part.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Twin Brave is very average. It plays like a Musou game but, it doesn't really have the whole grand feel of it and instead feels just average. Small maps, no real combos besides mashing the normal attack and probably an arte. But, at least they actually made new animations for the artes. Better than Vs. but everything is probably better than Vs.
My main complaint is that movement is forced into the analog stick instead of using the directional pad and you can't change it. So, it becomes uncomfortable for me to actually play the game.
I sorta figured that might be the case since I barely see impressions of it. I should've checked mk2, but I figured I might as well ask here since it's the most recent Tales game and I didn't know if it was worth the import price. It's too bad you can't remap the buttons. Oh well, maybe when it gets discounted or something in the future. That's how I picked up VS and Tempest.

Anything is better than VS. VS sucks.

Yeah. It's either you have to buy the game new to get it or you have to pay for it. I forget which. Wakamoto voicing everyone is one of the few good things on that list. Can you imagine Jude screaming Milla with Wakamoto's voice. MIIIIIILLLLLAAAAAA!!! Rofl. So hardcore. Your exam went well?
That's dumb. smh. That sort of thing should be in there from the start.

It'll be just like those videos where voice actors pretend they're Wakamoto-sama.

Exam seems to have gone alright. It was easier than I'd anticipated. I'm more a math/linguistics type of person (ex: disciplines you do practice problems for) rather than a 'memorize this over and over' type of person, so I was a little wary. Plus it's been like summer around here, so it was hard to sit down and study rather than go out for a run or something.

Rpgmonkey said:
I originally this game's mechanics were pretty simple, but now it's starting to be a lot like Rebirth in that I'm finding all these different things that come together into one decently complex package.
That's sorta how I felt too, especially since Rebirth was my favourite Tales game (with regards to mechanics only because the story is terribad) at that point. But I guess I generally like Team Destiny games a little more than TS games, so it was pretty likely that I'd like Graces.

I just like how a lot of the systems involved come together very well and cohesively.

Darackutny

Thanks for the impressions on Vesperia everyone. I guess I can sleep easy knowing that I didn't miss much.

Hey, Dark Schala, what about you? How does the narrative of Vesperia and Xillia compare with Graces'?

Bladenic

The AI seems pretty terribad when it really matters. I was fighting that
giant slime boss
on moderate and one of my characters constantly stands there, doing nothing. They are set to offensive, all skills enabled, automatic, everything is as it should be, but no, they just stand there. I've been kiting the boss at about 10% life before, with 2 characters who only had passive (dont attack enemies) and their healing skills enabled, and they still just stood there. I love this combat system, and I wish I could win a fight through skill or effort instead of lucking out when the AI decides to take part.

That's strange. The AI isn't perfect but I'm finding it does very well most of the time. Seems better than Symphonia/Abyss/Legendia/Vesperia to me. Actually, for me, this is the best Tales AI so far. Hearts and Rebirth were pretty good too.

Midou

That's strange. The AI isn't perfect but I'm finding it does very well most of the time. Seems better than Symphonia/Abyss/Legendia/Vesperia to me. Actually, for me, this is the best Tales AI so far. Hearts and Rebirth were pretty good too.

Well the thing with the other Tales games, is that you could basically solo most bosses and such anyways, it was easy to mash your way through stuff. I'm sure Graces probably has the best Tales AI, but it counts for more now when it screws up.

Thanks for the impressions on Vesperia everyone. I guess I can sleep easy knowing that I didn't miss much.

Hey, Dark Schala, what about you? How does the narrative of Vesperia and Xillia compare with Graces'?

I would suggest being careful with putting to much thought into stuff like that, specially with a genre like jrpgs this gen. Even if vesperia is considered not as good as graces i wouldn't think it outlandish to say it was still one of the best jrpgs so far this gen to be released outside japan. I would say if you enjoy the type of game that graces is, that vesperia is absolutely worth playing.

Rofl, if it were true I'd rofl hard.

considering how dark shala wants more links artes.. i'd laugh hard too thinking how he won't be able to let this one pass .

PS: ( xillia spoilers)
I think you mean Mila prologue from 20 years ago not 50

You know they'll do it! They've gotten DLC-happy with costumes, so you know they'll do it.
Actually they didn't ( at least for xillia ) i was expecting Catalogs , idolmaster style ( kinda what we are getting for soul calibur ATM ).
A total shame, the game had plenty of objets but too few costmes on the disc...
And teh worse thing ? i'm gonna get some more for my Jude path ( that i didn't do yet)

-Manual control is DLC
How can you get so Dlc Evil ?? DO you want a job at EA/activision or something ?

Anyway wakamoto is too awesome for the cast ...give me wakamoto (onsokumaru voice ) for tipo and i'buy it ... no looking back..

Innocence R... well... I keep hoping that'll come out here.

>:|

...wait. Like Namco would care that much! :lol

Twin brave is ok It's a poor escuse of a tales of game but it's a cross over.. Story is fun , gameplay is bland as hell ...Overall it's better than Tales of Vs..
And since the story is focused on the characters not on some no name hero ( like Tales of world ) you can enjoy some silly moments .. Tales of the world however has way more content..
yes i played them long enough ...and i'm lacking sleep time ATM...

Bladenic

How do you use Manlik Beam? I've read elsewhere that you have to use Sonic Mount thirty times then activate a Mystic Arte after using Sonic Mount this true?

I felt that Xillia easily has the best narrative out of the three. It's full of scenes with quality writing and character interactions that just really gets to you, and the character development, especially Jude and Alvin's, is really great, and hell, even a bunch of sub characters get great development. And then you've got the typical Tales "this changes EVERYTHING" twists that're executed really well, and then developed upon even better.

Of course, I fucking love Xillia and therefore may be a bit biased.

3Kaze

I felt that Xillia easily has the best narrative out of the three. It's full of scenes with quality writing and character interactions that just really gets to you, and the character development, especially Jude and Alvin's, is really great, and hell, even a bunch of sub characters get great development. And then you've got the typical Tales "this changes EVERYTHING" twists that're executed really well, and then developed upon even better.

Of course, I fucking love Xillia and therefore may be a bit biased.
I also think Xillia has the best narrative, but that's not saying much. And the ending was rushed too.
Looks like the Tales writers don't know how to make a decent ending.

kayos90

I had forgotten how much of a
bitch Emaraude is. Damn. I can dodge the Killing Field fine but it's my stupid teammates and her cheap attacks that keep making me lose. DAMN YOU AI!!!!!

BY2K

Membero Americo
I felt like vomiting when looking at the ending of Graces, from the very moment you beat the final boss.

God, that ending is bad.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

The thing about Vesperia is that it's very good when it focuses on Yuri, his development, and his relationship with Flynn, somewhat emphasizing its theme of justice. That part of the plot was darker than a few other Tales games, and that's why people like those bits. The unfortunate part of Vesperia, though, is that while 2/3 of the game is pretty good, the last third felt relatively unneeded or wasteful. I've only played the Japanese PS3 version so I'm not sure how the English localization went for that game at all despite owning a 360 copy of the game. I liked most of the characters, but like with many Tales games, there were a few I didn't really care for. However, with that said, I feel like people shouldn't pass over Vesperia because it's an enjoyable game in its own right with great presentation and a nice soundtrack. It's worth a try at least.

As for Graces, I've alluded before that when I had initially played the game, I had higher expectations and predictions for the narrative, which ended up not happening. Though I looked past that and got a cast that I liked (and a bunch of VAs that I liked, though this is for the Japanese version). The narrative isn't balls-to-the-wall incomprehensible, but standard-fare, which was quite refreshing given what I'd been playing then. So while Graces doesn't do anything over-the-top or doesn't stand out that much either, it's still rather inoffensive and the character interaction dialogue is very entertaining. I got a lot out of Graces, especially out of its battle system and I find it very fun.

With regards to Xillia, I felt like it was like Graces in the way that none of the cast really offended or bothered me (heck, I even loved the mascot Tipo, and I don't generally get attached to the mascot characters unless their name is Tenebrae). I can't really talk too much about Xillia without spoiling it, but while the dual protagonist angle was an interesting idea to tell the story, it just so happens that one side felt rather lacking when compared to the other side (ex: it has a few holes in it that the other side elaborates on, so it's better to get the other side done first). But with that said, I think Xillia might be the most consistent out of the three. Certain characters are quite enjoyable like Alvin in particular, the villains have some nice motives, and the character development proceeds nicely. However, some may have a problem with Jude's... clingyness. The plot keeps moving and it doesn't feel like it sits in one place a lot. The soundtrack is also quite mature and probably one of the better soundtracks Sakuraba's composed in years (at least for the Tales series). As I said before, while I like Xillia, I think it has a few problems, especially with regards to streamlining a few mechanics, Jude and company no longer cook and they buy take-out food now, and the environments between towns are so boring (town design looks nice, though).

As a personal note, I don't really pay much attention to narrative first and foremost in games in general (unless it really wows me over like Mother, Suikoden, or a Matsuno game... sometimes Zelda but it depends). Tales is one series that I generally place less prominence on a narrative and fixate more on the battle system (since the battle system and the changes to it are what drew me to Tales in the first place).

considering how dark shala wants more links artes.. i'd laugh hard too thinking how she won't be able to let this one pass .

Actually they didn't ( at least for xillia ) i was expecting Catalogs , idolmaster style ( kinda what we are getting for soul calibur ATM ).
A total shame, the game had plenty of objets but too few costmes on the disc...
And teh worse thing ? i'm gonna get some more for my Jude path ( that i didn't do yet)

How can you get so Dlc Evil ?? DO you want a job at EA/activision or something ?

Anyway wakamoto is too awesome for the cast ...give me wakamoto (onsokumaru voice ) for tipo and i'buy it ... no looking back..

Twin brave is ok It's a poor escuse of a tales of game but it's a cross over.. Story is fun , gameplay is bland as hell ...Overall it's better than Tales of Vs..
And since the story is focused on the characters not on some no name hero ( like Tales of world ) you can enjoy some silly moments .. Tales of the world however has way more content..
yes i played them long enough ...and i'm lacking sleep time ATM...
I'll be mad if they made Link Artes like that DLC. They likely wouldn't, but this is Scamco. Nah, you know I'm kidding when I say stuff like they'll lock out manual or something. I don't think they'd be so devious that they'll lock out gameplay essentials like manual play or higher difficulties. That would be completely stupid.

You only get one more costume on Jude's path (and that's his med student outfit, iirc). Unless you didn't get Alvin's costume before.

Tales of VS tried to focus on the characters interacting, but I couldn't help but to chuckle at the multiple kingdoms thing. "Is this game for real?" Though, thanks for the impressions of Twin Brave. I'll definitely hold out until I see a used copy or a discount for it. Too bad, because the concept of Tales in musou seemed a little interesting.

I also think Xillia has the best narrative, but that's not saying much. And the ending was rushed too.
Looks like the Tales writers don't know how to make a decent ending.
Director's Cut.

Paches

Maybe you might want to tone down on the difficulty if you're not used to it.
I'd advise keeping Sophie and Richard in because of their skillsets, especially since Richard's moves are anti-human. The most important thing to do is run the hell away from him or backstep away so that he doesn't hit you with his Blast Caliber. Revive after Eleth Break and pound on him. Evade rather than defend, and backstep/around-step is your friend.

I finally beat him after getting lucky or something, but then when I fought Richard next, he had a move at 20k~ HP that he starts doing that is literally an aoe 1 shot to everyone (2.2k ish dmg). I guess you just have to dodge everything or grind out of your mind to do it. Or maybe I'm not as good at the game as I think I was. I did end up beating him though after about 5 or so tries, I found him to be a lot more susceptible to interrupts.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Xillia's narrative was a jumbling mess. Ugh.
It was a mess from the perspective of
oh hey, there are two characters and they have different perspectives of the story, except one of them have a bunch of plotholes in her story so you should really do the boy's story first but lol, why would you want to do a guy's story first?!
That bit felt quite disjointed and I wish they'd handled that better.

Now that I'm making an effort to talk about it, I had a lot of criticisms for Xillia despite enjoying it. :/

Kaizer

Banned
Okay guys, just started this up yesterday, loving it so far. The combat system is awesome, but I need help with 3 key things:

1. An In-Depth Explanation of Dualizing
2. Explanation of the Eleth Mixer
3. Good god, I'm drowning in Titles! Graces Gaf, what's the best strategy for how to go about managing your various titles? I generally get the first three levels of each title, then move on unless the skill looks particularly good.

I was busy SP farming with Malik and Asbel today, had a good time. I can't tell if I have a handle on the combat system or not. Sometimes I feel godly in battle, other times I'm getting hit up like crazy by monsters. That's always been normal for me in Tales games, but I feel like the combat system in this game was designed to avoid that. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong?

For a game that's suppose to be '10th anniversary'... it does feel extremely low budget o_O. Just look at the castle! So much tiles recycling. Easily one of the worst game castles around T_T. Pretty much every single 'dungeon' is like that, which makes it really hard to navigate >.>"

And did everyone just bumble their way through the wallbridge 'ruins'? So random...

Pascal is pretty cool though! The only character that doesn't move like a mannequin.

btw: what's the lore behind 'artes' in this game? i don't recall them ever mentioning anything about why people can shoot flashy stuff at each other o_O.

Okay guys, just started this up yesterday, loving it so far. The combat system is awesome, but I need help with 3 key things:

1. An In-Depth Explanation of Dualizing
2. Explanation of the Eleth Mixer
3. Good god, I'm drowning in Titles! Graces Gaf, what's the best strategy for how to go about managing your various titles? I generally get the first three levels of each title, then move on unless the skill looks particularly good.

I was busy SP farming with Malik and Asbel today, had a good time. I can't tell if I have a handle on the combat system or not. Sometimes I feel godly in battle, other times I'm getting hit up like crazy by monsters. That's always been normal for me in Tales games, but I feel like the combat system in this game was designed to avoid that. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong?

There are post in this thread explain Dualizing better then I ever could

Eleth Mixer works like this

Put food items in = When the condition is met (each meal has a different condition) you'll cook it during battle (one meal per battle) getting it's bonuses, but it uses up eleth depending on the meal

Put material items in = As you wander around every 10 seconds you have a % of getting that item

Putting books in = You get whatever bonus the book offers at the cost of eleth

The more you use it, the higher your capacity gets and the more slots you get.

---

Eventually you'll want to master every title, but for right now I'd focus on looking for any titles that teach you new artes or upgrade artes you find useful. If you have no new artes you could learn get titles up to level 5, the more stat boost and bonuses you have the better.

Top Bottom