• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Dammit, I told myself that I'd buy no more than 1 of each costume from each set, but now I'm tempted to get at least three of them and the angel attachments lol... I hate my lack of self control :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dammit, I told myself that I'd buy no more than 1 of each costume from each set, but now I'm tempted to get at least three of them and the angel attachments lol... I hate my lack of self control :(
Angel attachments, you say? Those always looked so cute.

Err... not that I'm going to buy them, of course. I still need to buy a PSN card for Journey, which I should do before I go home. >_<

New DLC out I hear (you need to search to see it).

School costumes for $3.99 apiece, plus angel, turtlez, and cardboard box attachments.

On the store update page it says this:

Tales Of Graces F add ons (x12) ($0.99 – $4.49)
Assorted add on content.
File size 100 KB – 1.8 MB

If there's only school costumes plus 3 attachments, that only accounts for 9 items. What are the other 3?

BY2K

Membero Americo
On the store update page it says this:

Tales Of Graces F add ons (x12) ($0.99 – $4.49)
Assorted add on content.
File size 100 KB – 1.8 MB

If there's only school costumes plus 3 attachments, that only accounts for 9 items. What are the other 3?

Probably new free stuff that does very little. (Like 1000 Gald or some materials.)

Damn my no self control. Not even planning on playing Graces f this week and I still bought the angel, cardboard mask and turtleZ! attachments. Probably the only reason I didn't get the school outfits is that my wallet can't get them all in one swoop.

Beats

So, the mimic Titles are pretty cool and were totally worth the little bit of grinding I had to do to get them. It would have been funny if they worked in cutscenes.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, that's pretty much what you do. Max level for a weapon is +99.

I never used that weapon, but I believe it needs to be levelled up a little more if it's not working out right now.

I just used the Dream Flange for Lv 10 and a Rare weapon at Lv 9 (can't remember what level it's at and I can't check at the moment since I'm not home). You could use the Dream Flange for Level 9 and 10.

Actually it was dualized with a different quality. :( I guess you can't start over? Oh well. Where do you get the Dream Flange again?

I fear the Haseo and Flynn costume won't come, or it'll be the last DLC and priced at $4.99.

Everyone list out all the DLC for this week please!

Off the top of my head, there is:
A school outfit for each character for 3.99.
Angel attachements: 0.99
Turtlez Gear: 0.99
Cardboard box mask: 0.99
There was another plus five levels one.
There was get 300,000 gald for like two dollars or something.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Damn my no self control. Not even planning on playing Graces f this week and I still bought the angel, cardboard mask and turtleZ! attachments. Probably the only reason I didn't get the school outfits is that my wallet can't get them all in one swoop.
I always liked Cheria's, Hubert's, and Pascal's school outfits. Too bad the battle theme is like... all of those high school anime theme songs combined into one megatheme that sounds a little nuts compared to the more elegant Xillia school costume theme.

TVCkp.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can't believe that I just paid $3.99 for a single costume, but I did. Got Cheria's school uniform.

Any word on whether or not the set with samurai Malik, cowgirl Pascal, etc. are coming out? I hope it doesn't stay unreleased just because of Miku Sophie. I've been intentionally slowing down my playthrough because I don't want to be burned out before more costumes that I want are released, as stupid as that might sound.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Actually it was dualized with a different quality. :( I guess you can't start over? Oh well. Where do you get the Dream Flange again?

I fear the Haseo and Flynn costume won't come, or it'll be the last DLC and priced at $4.99.
I bet they're saving the Tales cameo costumes for last.

You can probably keep dualizing it with shards to get it back to a Dangerous quality. But it might be easier to go with something else. You can dualize Pascal's Dreamer Flange from Rare Shotstaff (from the Cube minigame) + High-grade crystal (and make it a Perilous nature. You need a Dreamer Flange +2 so use a fragment that'll make it retain the Perilous nature while making it rank up.))

Something I didn't mention before, but you can synthesize cameo qualities too (rank 7 qualities). Like, for Natalia's quality on a weapon, you can mix Suave + Dazzling. Rank 7 qualities are sometimes worth a lot.

Dedication Through Light said:
If only you could add glasses to Asbels, or all of them. Hubert is cool and Richard.
I swear that there were glasses attachments on the store already. You can stack attachments and costumes together. It's pretty cool.

Edit: beaten.

I totally had Jude run around in his medical school uniform with glasses and a microphone on in Xillia, btw. :lol

Jubern

Wait, still no Haseo?

Maybe there's some copyright problem?
Like Bamco actually needing to pay CC² money or something!
Half-joking, I'd suppose Namco-Bandai has full-rights on everything .hack, right?

Strange omission indeed, and quite sad too. God knows how much I used that costume. And because of it I don't really any of the game's original battle themes >D

RPGCrazied

You can probably keep dualizing it with shards to get it back to a Dangerous quality. But it might be easier to go with something else. You can dualize Pascal's Dreamer Flange from Rare Shotstaff (from the Cube minigame) + High-grade crystal (and make it a Perilous nature. You need a Dreamer Flange +2 so use a fragment that'll make it retain the Perilous nature while making it rank up.))

Something I didn't mention before, but you can synthesize cameo qualities too (rank 7 qualities). Like, for Natalia's quality on a weapon, you can mix Suave + Dazzling. Rank 7 qualities are sometimes worth a lot.

Thanks for all the help. You rock. I haven't got any cameo weapons yet, unless that Phantasia sword from the arc f dungeon is one. But I don't have rank 10 on the stamp thing yet. I'm only like 8 so far.

scy

Uh, Qualities aren't permanent and are infinitely switchable. The only requirement is having the right Qualities to get back to the Quality you want. I outlined the basics of it with the low tier qualities earlier so just follow that except work towards Perilous instead.

Rare Staff is also purchasable from Gralesyde, if I recall. Should be Stamp Level 7.

Sagitario

I always liked Cheria's, Hubert's, and Pascal's school outfits. Too bad the battle theme is like... all of those high school anime theme songs combined into one megatheme that sounds a little nuts compared to the more elegant Xillia school costume theme.

TVCkp.jpg

Kind of want (Cheria, Asbel and Hubert) :O

But I refuse to pay for this. $4 for a costume... big meh.

Also, 300,000 gald for $2... please people, don't buy this.

RPGCrazied

Uh, Qualities aren't permanent and are infinitely switchable. The only requirement is having the right Qualities to get back to the Quality you want. I outlined the basics of it with the low tier qualities earlier so just follow that except work towards Perilous instead.

Rare Staff is also purchasable from Gralesyde, if I recall. Should be Stamp Level 7.

Oh. I was upping it with the orange flavor text for the quality, and apparently made the value go down. Not even worth 10k.

The only thing I bought from the store was the Double SP, but I did buy the glasses too. I don't think you can get those ingame. Now everyone is wearing glasses in my battle party to match Hubert. :p

scy

Oh. I was upping it with the orange flavor text for the quality, and apparently made the value go down. Not even worth 10k.

The +All Stats evenly Qualities demolish the value of the equipment. They're great just for stats, though.

When the text is orange for the Quality, it just means it's going from a lower tier Quality to a higher one. It doesn't denote anything about the actual Quality itself.

Edit: Just for example, Mythril equipment (can't check what Rare starts as and I know Mythril off-hand >>) starts as Barbed. To get to Perilous for that juicy 500% value, you'll go:

Barbed + Solemn => Haughty
Haughty + Sketchy => Perilous

Though, Mythril equipment has a low resell so this probably won't break 100k. Can always just:

Perilous + Haughty => Haughty
Haughty + Sketchy => Perilous

Until you get to the value you need.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is it just me or does it look like
Pascal is wearing Huberts glasses in her school outfit? lol
lol, I never noticed that before.

Thanks for all the help. You rock. I haven't got any cameo weapons yet, unless that Phantasia sword from the arc f dungeon is one. But I don't have rank 10 on the stamp thing yet. I'm only like 8 so far.
Those F arc weapons are a little different and I wouldn't wager those.

Some of the Stamp Level 10 sell you weapons that have qualities that include previous characters' names like Lukerrific or something. I'm not sure what they're called in the English version outside of Luke's. But you can synthesize them yourself (these are Rank 7 qualities) and they're sometimes worth a lot. They each have certain effects too, like...

Luke Quality - 1/2 damage against human enemies
Genis Quality - Hubert's Flare Shot is 2x more potent
Barbatos Quality - NO ITEM USE in battle. (NO ITEMS EVER!)
Kyle Quality - 1 damage to Reala
And so on.

Yep. Since you have 99 levels at your disposal you can keep combining and getting the attibute you want.

And I'd rather get the staff for free by completing a minigame. Less punishment on my wallet. :lol

kewlmyc

Wait, still no Haseo?

It's only 2 weeks after release. Give it some time. Also, I wish we were getting the Idolmaster DLC, but I guess not. On disk content that will forever be locked. For shame.

Bought all of them again. Damn me being a completionist. Oh well, only a few more weeks of this, and it's money towards a good cause.

Holy hell, its $4 per costume per character. I was skimming through and assumed it was for the complete pack. Christ almighty I can see why people get worked up about this stuff. That's $28 for a full set of costumes, that's half the cost of the game again.

Still no EU release date from the looks of things.

Plus, there are thirty-two costumes (at least going by the Japanese version).

That's more than twice the full cost of the game in costume DLC alone.

This generation. :)

BY2K

Membero Americo
My guess is they'll go over the non-licensed stuff, then the cameo costumes then the licensed stuff like Idolmaster and Hack.//.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's only 2 weeks after release. Give it some time. Also, I wish we were getting the Idolmaster DLC, but I guess not. On disk content that will forever be locked. For shame.

Bought all of them again. Damn me being a completionist. Oh well, only a few more weeks of this, and it's money towards a good cause.

Haseo came out early in Japan.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Plus, there are thirty-two costumes (at least going by the Japanese version).

That's more than twice the full cost of the game in costume DLC alone.

This generation. :)
And Xillia only has like 4 in-game costumes, and they aren't the cool ones like you'd expect. The rest are DLC!

Namco really likes their costume DLC.

vall03

The only costume that I really want is Huberts Flynn costume for Fury Sparks, but for some reason I want to get the other ones too, but $4 each? and theres also those grade shop dlc *sigh* I guess Im part of the problem...

BY2K

Membero Americo

What if they didn't record the DLC victory quotes? Would that make it so they won't be released here?

And Xillia only has like 4 in-game costumes, and they aren't the cool ones like you'd expect. The rest are DLC!

Namco really likes their costume DLC.

It must be working out for them to be pursuing it so flagrantly. So far my only experience with Namco DLC has been Soul Calibur V's creation parts and I avoided all of that as they didn't seem worth it and there was plenty of stuff already in the game. I didn't realise that it had the potential to be much, much worse going by their other titles.

Ugh. Still, I'm going to be REALLY tempted by the Leon/Harold costumes, if only for my excessive love of the Destiny cast (plus Leon vs. Judas battles will be LOL).

Too bad the rest of the cameo costumes are for Fujishima characters, yuck.

It's probably been confirmed here already, but if anyone is still wondering about DLC compatibility, the free DLC I got from the US PSN works with my asian copy of the game.

scy

Do you know why the weapon would retain the effect? It's not something I really explored in-depth.

Some toying with it makes me wonder if it's working as intended. Lets say I have these four weapons:

Rare Gauntlets: [3] Rise
Rare Sword: [4] Rise
Rare Knives: [4] Rise
Rare Shotstaff: [4] Rise, [3] Rescue

If I do any combination with the Sword, Knives, and Shotstaff, I get a [5] RISE-RISE Gem. If I combine the Gauntlets with any of them, and in any order, I get a [4] RISE-RISE Gem and the [3] Rise remains on the Gauntlets.

Basically, if you extract a Gem from two equipment with the same bonus effect but one is greater than the other, the smaller of the two bonuses remains. I'll see what happens with [7]'s when I get the chance but this would mean you can apply a [6] effect on any equipment slot so you can have two bonuses on any equipment.

I'll see if there's more to it than this though. They're not all the same Quality and there's no special case (e.g., "to Rank 6" combinations) ones involved but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm still not overlooking something obvious.

Edit: Actually, this is a good opportunity to burn some terrible shards and jot down an example! Hooray! Multitasking!

kewlmyc

Haseo came out early in Japan.

Oh never mind then. I wonder if we'd get it then. Damn shame considering it's the coolest looking costume. I don't understand why they're withholding costumes since they own the rights to all of them except for maybe Miku. Bandai owns Geass in the US, so that shouldn't be a problem. Namco Bandai owns .hack and Idolmaster so that shouldn't be a problem. They're missing out on free money by not releasing them, imo.

I might buy the school costumes so I can get a refreshing battle theme.
Do you have a link?

Neki

Oh never mind then. I wonder if we'd get it then. Damn shame considering it's the coolest looking costume. I don't understand why they're withholding costumes since they own the rights to all of them except for maybe Miku. Bandai owns Geass in the US, so that shouldn't be a problem. Namco Bandai owns .hack and Idolmaster so that shouldn't be a problem. They're missing out on free money by not releasing them, imo.

Do you have a link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX4jCo3bsB0

Dark Schala posted it earlier, sounds like something straight out of Kirby to be honest, rofl. Who has the best costume out of Hubert/Asbel/Pascal/Cheria? I'm thinking Hubert is going to get the costume.

Top Bottom