• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Series | Community Thread | Localizing more games than Square Enix

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Was there any explanation why Vesperia was localized for the 360 but not for the PS3?
Yes. There was so much additional content added that relocalizing and revoicing it all would have been cost prohibitive due to how much Vesperia originally sold.

The fact that Troy Baker got way more expensive and some of the other voice actors/actresses left the biz (seemingly) probably didn't help either.

The game was originally an xbox 360 exclusive with the PS3 port announced a year after release. Most likely MS paid for the localization.....remember how the American release was 1 month after the Japanese release?
MS is rumored to have paid for the localization much like the Symphonia western release. I bet this would be re-released.... in 20XX LOL. The PS3 version is really nice. I enjoy Patty's artes
There has never been any proof or reason to believe either of these rumors.

Stuart444

A trailer for what? Hopefully not Xillia. We've already seen like 3 of them so far. I don't need another one.

Assuming he means the trailer is coming tomorrow (since he never specified what) and a surprise is being teased...

it's safe to assume it's a trailer for a NEW game (for the west) aka not Xillia since that isn't a surprise.

Jubern

A trailer for what? Hopefully not Xillia. We've already seen like 3 of them so far. I don't need another one.

If I had to guess, a subbed version of the Japanese Tales of Symphonia Chronicles announcement.

Namco-Bandai used to showcase subbed Japanese trailers of Abyss 3DS and maybe Xillia too (not sure anymore) before, despite the fact we wouldn't get those dubs, at least this year it'll be fo realz :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If I had to guess, a subbed version of the Japanese Tales of Symphonia Chronicles announcement.

Namco-Bandai used to showcase subbed Japanese trailers of Abyss 3DS and maybe Xillia too (not sure anymore) before, despite the fact we wouldn't get those dubs, at least this year it'll be fo realz :p

That doesn't sound like a surprise to me! =D

TEJ

a tales of game on a microsoft console getting an American release one month after the Japanese release? Something's up with that i mean ToX has taken them 2-3 years to get a freaking English release ffs.

Holmes

A trailer we've all already seen subbed for a game we've all already played. Great surprise...

kayos90

a tales of game on a microsoft console getting an American release one month after the Japanese release? Something's up with that i mean ToX has taken them 2-3 years to get a freaking English release ffs.

Nothing's up. The series was on a hiatus for a good 2 years. It's why we're behind and it's not possible to have simultaneous launches at the moment.

Stuart444

I honestly just want Xillia 2 now for more Rowen.

Rowens English VA sounds so great that another game with him in it isn't a bad thing.

Mieu

Well, that's true. We have to remember that Eternal Sonata's re-release in the PS3 system didn't go well. It could have been a factor in not localizing it for the PS3.

Oh, the dark days of" PS3 has no games" That period was just meh for the PS3. I'm impressed PS3 turned it around.

grandjedi6

Vesperia was Namco big push for the series after Symphonia's success. It failed. Almost immediately after that they went on their "lets make games in the west" binge that blew up in their face. Now Namco is trying to catch up after neglecting the series for 2 years. Symphonia HD Collection's quick turn-around should be proof enough of that.

RPGCrazied

I just can't wait to see Tippo. The little thing in my avatar, thats his name right? He/she/it isn't annoying like say Mieu from Abyss?

Mieu

I just can't wait to see Tippo. The little thing in my avatar, thats his name right? He/she/it isn't annoying like say Mieu from Abyss?

For me, Mieu is more annoying but Mieu is cuter hihih. Tipo is funnier though. He eats jude a lot. :D and Alvins scares him to be made a Tipoyaki (pun of takoyaki, a japanese food)

solid mike

For anyone who imported Xillia, how long does it take to finish one blind playthrough? Be it Milla's or Jude's or do their story lengths differ.

kayos90

For anyone who imported Xillia, how long does it take to finish one blind playthrough? Be it Milla's or Jude's or do their story lengths differ.

I finished mine in 40 hours. That's average. I've seen some people finish at around 35.

FSLink

Banned
Mascot ranking from myself:

Repede > Tenebrae > Tipo > Noishe > Mieu > Quickie > the rest

And yeah, 35-40 hours seems about right.

Stuart444

Probably 30 - 40 hours but you can do it in 20 - 25 hours (pretty sure one of the complaints is how short one playthrough it as one character).

I don't know how long it took me to do mines, probably 50ish hours as a result of not knowing where to go and the directions didn't help (at the time when I imported it at release, I hadn't started learning Japanese so I got lost too much. Including a section where you need to talk to certain things in a village a few hours in)

Mieu

35-40. Their paths are almost of the same length. Just be prepared to hear...

Miraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,, Miraaaaaaaaaaa, Miraaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

LOL

Does it have a annoying voice? :p

If you consider Tipo annoying, yes.

Flamfas

Possibly X2 like we're thinking, but I could easily see them showing a ToSC or ToX trailer before they get to whatever "surprise" they're announcing. I'm assuming not all full 30 minutes yesterday were spent on the dual audio announcement?

Or watch it be "SURPRISE, you're getting licensed anime DLC in Xillia!", cue DLC trailer.

Doubting that last one will happen, but I'm trying to keep expectations in check.

Rpgmonkey

Took me 35.

Factoring in a tendency to leave games running while I go off to do something else, I probably could have finished it in closer to 30 hours if I paid more attention.

kayos90

Took me 35.

Factoring in a tendency to leave games running while I go off to do something else, I probably could have finished it in closer to 30 hours if I paid more attention.

Oh yeah. Lulz. Forgot about AFK. Subtract a good 5-8 hours from that. Hahahaha. All the college dinner runs. =D

solid mike

So it's 30-35. What about an NG+ where you try to get all treasures and secrets?

30-35 seems a little short. Is that the mean playtime of Tales games?

kayos90

So it's 30-35. What about an NG+ where you try to get all treasures and secrets?

No. Each Tales game has been getting shorter. It's mostly because previously Tales games had a lot of narrative padding and stuff. 2nd playthrough is like... rofl. 10 hours? Maybe less?

Mieu

I actually enjoyed the flashy Link Artes and doing the support stuff and finding Aifread's treasure may take a while so my gametimes is around 80+. I got the platinum with that time frame.

kayos90

Just pulled a bad journalist moment by not factchecking Verdict Day. T_T. You disappoint me kayos.

Seda

I used to be excited for Armored Core things...

Now I don't even realize that there was an AC game coming out.

I didn't care much for Armored Core IV but For Answer was alright. I never played V but apparently it's the worst of those three so I don't have much interest in trying it out.

kayos90

I didn't care much for Armored Core IV but For Answer was alright. I never played V but apparently it's the worst of those three so I don't have much interest in trying it out.

That's cuz AC4 was a pile of garbage. My gosh that game was freaking terrible.

EDIT: Seeing certain things are making me question if it actually is Xillia 2. lol. Seeing things all over, I'm suddenly losing all interest in trying to logically deduce this. Time to play FTL! lol.

Stuart444

That's cuz AC4 was a pile of garbage. My gosh that game was freaking terrible.

EDIT: Seeing certain things are making me question if it actually is Xillia 2. lol. Seeing things all over, I'm suddenly losing all interest in trying to logically deduce this. Time to play FTL! lol.

Because there is no logic to this now? :p

kayos90

Because there is no logic to this now? :p

Yeah. There's too much muddled information hanging around. There's enough contradiction and justification for all the possibilities making almost everything equal game. I can't put a pin on what it is exactly. It also doesn't help that people on twitter saying they know what it is and giving various clues and there's no way to know if they're telling the truth or not as well so that's throwing me off. Meh. I don't care anymore rofl.

Stuart444

Yeah. There's too much muddled information hanging around. There's enough contradiction and justification for all the possibilities making almost everything equal game. I can't put a pin on what it is exactly. It also doesn't help that people on twitter saying they know what it is and giving various clues and there's no way to know if they're telling the truth or not as well so that's throwing me off. Meh. I don't care anymore rofl.

I expected some sort of rage but if it's not Xillia 2, I expect it to be even worse tomorrow.

When is the stage event again?

Stuart444

The stage event is 3 hours later than it was last time, so I believe that's 4:00 PM local time in Paris.

Great 3pm for me. At least I know I'll be up this time.

When I woke up yesterday, I looked at the ipad and immediately looked at GAF to find out what it was.

Too bad there is no stream for these things :/ but oh well.

grandjedi6

FSLink

Banned

And he definitely seems to be hyping it up. One would hope that means he's saved the best for last and its "bigger" than the dual audio announcement!

I'm guessing a special/limited edition announced or a trailer.
Hopeful guess: Xillia 2 announcement.

Top Bottom