• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Series | Community Thread | Localizing more games than Square Enix

Squire

Banned
Hi.

I don't play Tales, but I love that sick burn in your thread title.

Xillia 2 looks cool. Art style I can finally hang with.

FSLink

Banned
I still want that Symphonia Gamecube. Someday. But yeah, that's way too expensive for all the items.

Maybe it's a bit soon for this question but what side of the story should I choose in the first playthrough of Xillia, Jude's or Milla's?

Jude's.

Mieu

Pretty sure NB said they were only using Ufotable for Xillia (with Xillia 2 as well for consistency sake) so expect Production IG for the next mothership title.

I like PIG but can't deny they phoned it in for Graces opening. I wouldn't mind if they use Ufotable again though, the openings for Xillia 1 and 2 are fantastic. (along with every anime sequence in both games)

The long limbs of Pascal and hubert hehehe... I just found the animation a bit strange for Graces if I compare it to the likes of Rebirth, TOD2, TOD, etc.

Also, is it true that ufotable costs more than PIG in terms of making the animation?

this..... is only for the harcore JP fan hehehe

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The long limbs of Pascal and hubert hehehe... I just found the animation a bit strange for Graces if I compare it to the likes of Rebirth, TOD2, TOD, etc.

Also, is it true that ufotable costs more than PIG in terms of making the animation?

Yes. But ufotable is probably drowning in Type-Moon money though lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
Past halfway in ToX2 now, but I forgot how many button combinations there are in this game at the start lol. I do hope the next Tales is like this.
Even though I did like Graces' battle system, I'm fine if they end up tweaking ToX2's as long as they end up balancing it and adding stuff.

Bladenic

Around step is so awkward to use in Xillia 2. I never use it.

Artes Ball is awesome though, should be in every Tales game going forward.

Mr.Fresh

I guess I'm part of Tales GAF. I always seem the PS2 Games and synphonia in the store but never got around to buying them. Then since this gens JRPG output was horrible (on consoles) and Square Enix slipping everyday I decided to give Vesperia a chance. It ended up being one of my favorite games this gen. Bought Graces f day one and have Xillia preordered. Gonna get around to preordering Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD too.

Rpgmonkey

Once I got used to the sidestep in Xillia 2 I really liked it. Like Graces, I found it to usually be faster, smoother, and more precise than Free Run, so Free Run was just a backup for space and positioning.

Made some fights more enjoyable.

Rhapsody

Banned
Once I got used to the sidestep in Xillia 2 I really liked it. Like Graces, I found it to usually be faster, smoother, and more precise than Free Run, so Free Run was just a backup for space and positioning.

Made some fights more enjoyable.

I felt the same. Plus the sidestep is pretty much a balanced version of Graces' side step too which was nice (in terms of balance).

Basically side step for me was repositioning with the intent of counter attacking faster while free run was for defensive purposes. That's how I used them anyways.

isual

I guess I'm part of Tales GAF. I always seem the PS2 Games and synphonia in the store but never got around to buying them. Then since this gens JRPG output was horrible (on consoles) and Square Enix slipping everyday I decided to give Vesperia a chance. It ended up being one of my favorite games this gen. Bought Graces f day one and have Xillia preordered. Gonna get around to preordering Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD too.

in the store ? are you in europe because they're not in north america

Young Magus

THAT NEW OT TITLE!!!!
30/10!
Also, whats the common consensuses on Destiny 2, is it worthy of a english patch down the line or what?

Flamfas

THAT NEW OT TITLE!!!!
30/10!
Also, whats the common consensuses on Destiny 2, is it worthy of a english patch down the line or what?

It has one in the works (mind you, by the same people that took over a decade to do Phantasia), but it is enjoyable. Story is definitely not the strong suit, but I found most of the characters likable (really it was just Kyle that was a little over the top for me), and the battle system is definitely still fun.

Bladenic

It has one in the works (mind you, by the same people that took over a decade to do Phantasia), but it is enjoyable. Story is definitely not the strong suit, but I found most of the characters likable (really it was just Kyle that was a little over the top for me), and the battle system is definitely still fun.

I haven't played it yet, but I've read that Nanaly got screwed over hard battle wise while Reala is the biggest Mary Sue in the series.

Bladenic

With a pretty awful set of artes, at that.

And no mystic or even burst Arte. As good and content filled as Vesperia was, I still think it was rushed which led to Flynn and Patty getting cut. I could have lived without Patty but Flynn not being playable in 360 Vesperia was criminal.

Stuart444

With a pretty awful set of artes, at that.

I loved his artes.

Playing as him was awesome
and also fighting against Flynn. Enjoyed the banter between Flynn and Yuri.

Also it might just be me but watching the Bazongas skit in English and listening to Jude in Japanese. It sounds like they picked a great Jude. Their voices sound pretty similar imo.

I haven't played it yet, but I've read that Nanaly got screwed over hard battle wise while Reala is the biggest Mary Sue in the series.

I think she has a lack of artes and was trying to be a jack of all trades where the battle system hated you if you didn't excel at physical or magic.

And no mystic or even burst Arte. As good and content filled as Vesperia was, I still think it was rushed which led to Flynn and Patty getting cut. I could have lived without Patty but Flynn not being playable in 360 Vesperia was criminal.

Wouldn't be a Tales game without being rushed somewhere!

Bladenic

Poor Nanaly also only got 1 shitty hi ougi while everyone else had like 5 haha. The developers really must have hated her. Seems to be a recurring thing with archers.

Gartooth

The rival battle between Yuri and Flynn is probably one of my favorite moments in a Tales game. I loved that boss battle because it really wasn't treated like a boss. There was no risk of dying, but you nevertheless felt compelled to fight and win the battle given the competitive nature of it.

Bladenic

The rival battle between Yuri and Flynn is probably one of my favorite moments in a Tales game. I loved that boss battle because it really wasn't treated like a boss. There was no risk of dying, but you nevertheless felt compelled to fight and win the battle given the competitive nature of it.

Yep, my favorite fight in the Tales series, rival and otherwise.

God Vesperia was so good ;_; I don't think it'll ever be topped for me.

kazebyaka

Banned
Recently completed Tales of Phantasia for ps1. I liked the game, it had some cool locations and music. The story and characters were alright too. But at the end of a game i got tired of random battles and used cheats to beat the last boss.
Started Tales of Destiny, played for 7 hours and dropped it. Realised that they are all the same with shitty random battles and two button battle systems :/

OnFire331

All the rival battles in Talesof are fun

Yuri vs flynn is no exception

Lyodd vs kratos is also quite great

Say what you will about TotA but Luke vs Asch was one of the best moments in the series. The instrumental version of Karma is glorious.

My good friend Abby from Abyssal Chronicles is doing a pretty awesome contest that you should totally enter! =D The prizes are pretty sweeeeeeet.

http://abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1114

Cool, will give it a shot.

Bladenic

Say what you will about TotA but Luke vs Asch was one of the best moments in the series. The instrumental version of Karma is glorious.

Cool, will give it a shot.

Yeah that duel is great only because Meaning of Birth is one of the best songs in the series.

Bladenic

Finished chapter 15 in Xillia 2.

Why is this game soooo sad? ;_;
Julius should have been playable damn it. LOVED his design, may be one of my favorites in the series.

I really should stop playing now that an English version was announced, but I can't. It's too good.

Top Bottom