• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Series | Community Thread | Localizing more games than Square Enix

Thorgal

I think i watched too much bleach.

Now every time i hear Gaius i expect razor blade shaped Rose petals to fly everywhere. Lol.

Flamfas

EDIT: K. This is a better interview. You can definitely tell it's fan-oriented and written by a fan.

http://www.fr.namcobandaigames.eu/c...-baba-san-et-tous-les-events-de-la-japan-expo

Good stuff. Digital & physical from day one is awesome. Wonder if US is also getting Xillia on PSN, I know Europe is.

And as I figured, Vita games are still a "no," despite the #jrpgvita

EDIT:

Another contest hint.

Here's hint #2! There's actually a fixed number of characters per Tales game in the palette set! EXCEPT for the game with the boss, and the game that's coming out this August. Good luck!

https://twitter.com/AbyssalC/status/355219427463151617
https://twitter.com/AbyssalC/status/355219520157257728

I had actually come to this conclusion, but was a little unsure about one of my picks. This just confirms it : D

OnFire331

It's not worth a new thread but here's the first Baba interview from Japan Expo. It's a pretty terrible interview since none of the information is really new and the questions it asks are bad save for the last one. Meh.

http://translate.google.com/transla...aba+interview&sa=X&biw=1920&bih=979&tbs=qdr:w

EDIT: K. This is a better interview. You can definitely tell it's fan-oriented and written by a fan.

http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/c...aba-at-japan-expo-and-all-the-events-on-video

Here's an English version of that interview.

Another contest hint.

https://twitter.com/AbyssalC/status/355219427463151617
https://twitter.com/AbyssalC/status/355219520157257728

I had actually come to this conclusion, but was a little unsure about one of my picks. This just confirms it : D

With this second hint, I complete my list and now I'm confident about my picks. Still I'll wait for more hints to be extra sure.

FSLink

Banned
Man, in an alternate universe, we'd have a good Tales of fighting game developed by the Soul Calibur team and it'd be on stream at EVO 2013. Oh well. /enjoying Persona 4 Arena finals

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Man, in an alternate universe, we'd have a good Tales of fighting game developed by the Soul Calibur team and it'd be on stream at EVO 2013. Oh well. /enjoying Persona 4 Arena finals

Uh... by the Soul Calibur team? no thanks. That sounds terrible.

PKrockin

I started Tales of Innocence on DS, and, um... Ruca is going to be another one of those protagonists, isn't he...

I thought it was impressive Lloyd fell asleep standing up in class while holding buckets of water above the ground. But, damn. Somehow, within seconds, Ruca falls asleep standing in the middle of a field where a game of 6 on 6 soccer is being played.

I started Tales of Innocence on DS, and, um... Ruca is going to be another one of those protagonists, isn't he...

I thought it was impressive Lloyd fell asleep standing up in class while holding buckets of water above the ground. But, damn. Somehow, within seconds, Ruca falls asleep standing in the middle of a field where a game of 6 on 6 soccer is being played.

Reading this post from the top, I thought you were going to complain about Ruca's complete lack of self confidence.

PKrockin

Reading this post from the top, I thought you were going to complain about Ruca's complete lack of self confidence.
I was, but then I got distracted by a thought about the Symphonia remake, remembered how that game opened, and for some reason decided to throw in a pointless observation about how they both fall asleep standing up.

Videoneon

I quite like Soul Calibur. It's hard to know if they're a good choice I guess, since SCV was rushed and there's no consensus on the last good SC after 2.

I can't really picture them being the team to make a Tales fighting game. Of course they're not going to just plaster Tales characters onto the Project Soul engines but Tales combat seems so far away from Soul combat that I wonder if Tales Studio should just make it themselves.

Assuming they even bother to make another fighting-Tales again. We'll see what Smash 4 looks like and how Tales, Tekken, and Soul employees handle Smash work.

You don't consider Soul Calibur a good series? Or Tekken team. Either one would be fine with me.

i think the trauma of tales of legendia is still in most people hearts. ( only go shina and 2 characters saved that game )

You want a Tales fighting game? Have ASW do it.
Seriously ? i'm not sure , they do make great 2D fighters but i'd rather have a team with experience in the 3D area.

IN all seriousness , Tales of VS wasn't a horrible game ...with more time on another console , it could have been good.

Stuart444

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/616012-tales-of-xillia/66717588

Some folks are saying it was up briefly on the US PSN store and someone said he had an error when trying to get it but some others are saying they were able to download it all and it's working.

No proof yet apart from the screenshots of the store listing for Xillia though

OJNthY1.jpg

6wKLRDo.jpg

demidar

European rip-off tax.

Games here in Aus are $90+, downloads are similar at $80+.

lol makes importing an easy choice. Thank you Play-Asia/Amazon.

Flamfas

Someone with a GFAQs account ask someone to post a video of them playing. I call BS otherwise (oh I have it but I won't play it yet !!11)

FSLink

Banned
i think the trauma of tales of legendia is still in most people hearts. ( only go shina and 2 characters saved that game ).

Which is really silly considering that they were clearly working on a genre out of their strengths. They should have made Tales of VS in the first place.

As far as ASW doing it, it would be great but they're busy with the new Guilty Gear, plus I can't see why Namco would outsource it when they have both a Tekken and Soul Calibur team to use.

People should check out the fangames ACS, ACS3D, and Cross Calibur for some ideas of how a good Tales fighting game can work. They have some interesting ideas in how to approach it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Everyone wouldnt use swords. I think there are some truly unique characters to draw from. Rita, Milla, Ludger, Chester, Jade, Yuru. Even Jude.... =/

It could work. Too bad most of the cast will have swords and Demon Fang.

They just shouldn't add every main character from a Tales game or add more than just the main characters.

We did get some 'variety' in Tales of Vs in terms of characters. I mean they managed to turn Mint into a 'fighter'.

I rather have a console Tales of Musou game though. Namco's totally trying to enter the musou business and Tales has a big enough cast for it to work.

They just shouldn't add every main character from a Tales game or add more than just the main characters.

We did get some 'variety' in Tales of Vs in terms of characters. I mean they managed to turn Mint into a 'fighter'.

I rather have a console Tales of Musou game though. Namco's totally trying to enter the musou business and Tales has a big enough cast for it to work.

No bias by you ;)

Bladenic

Everyone wouldnt use swords. I think there are some truly unique characters to draw from. Rita, Milla, Ludger, Chester, Jade, Yuru. Even Jude.... =/

But Milla does use a sword :p as does 1/3 of Ludger.

Oh but there's tons of non sword users. Like Norma <3

FSLink

Banned
Even Yuri, Leon, Jude, and Zelos would be pretty different playstyle wise. There's plenty of things you can do to make them differentiate.

Also a fighting game based off CC would be an interesting thing (with some mechanic to max your CC during fights).

Sagitario

New Facebook gallery for the Milla figure:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.654990051197206.1073741863.171035032926046&type=1

This caught my eye:

When you pre order the Tales of Xillia Milla Maxwell Collector's Edition, you get an awesome artbook and music CD, but also a beautiful figure of Milla Maxwell. Don't forget that future CEs depend on the success of past CEs... Tales of Xillia is out very soon on August 6th and 9th!

I have 3 CE pre-ordered >_> (not because of that, though)

Flamfas

Are they having a hard time selling the CE in Europe? I know it's pretty much sold out everywhere in North America, but I've noticed that they keep saying "extremely limited stock for [European} CE, order now!!!" but they never actually run out of stock ...

Stuart444

Are they having a hard time selling the CE in Europe? I know it's pretty much sold out everywhere in North America, but I've noticed that they keep saying "extremely limited stock for [European} CE, order now!!!" but they never actually run out of stock ...

Hard to tell when we don't even know how many CEs are put aside for each country and it's available ONLY on their website in Europe.

Jiraiza

People are price gouging those CE pretty hard, maybe I should've bought a couple myself!

On another note, I wonder if we'll ever get the Tales of Xillia PS3 edition treatment for the PS4 for a future mothership title (one of the main reasons why I want to hold out on the PS4 but probably won't have the patience to).

Rhapsody

Banned
Having a lot of fun in resuming Xillia 2, and just finished Chapter 12. The game's been rather hard lately because I haven't bought/synthesized anything in quite awhile lol. This whole debt thing has been making me pretty stingy on getting new equipment until recently.

A darker story in Tales is rather interesting and I'm liking it quite a bit. Xillia 2 was a nice way for the series to at least experiment things a bit more as far as console Tales go.

Fisico

I don't know much about 7th Chord. However, they did make Keroro RPG!

Which was a big rehash of Phantasia Narikiri X =p

There's nothing to know about them, before working with Tales related stuff, they were developing some crap Visual Novel out of licensed anime on DS.

RPGCrazied

Wait. You can already buy Tales of Xillia on the Australian PSN store? Is it still up? They should release it early, if its ready. Wouldn't be surprised if its just sitting in a warehouse waiting for release date.

Top Bottom