• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Series | Community Thread | Localizing more games than Square Enix

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't like Milla's voice :( playing ToX2 in JP didn't help, her JP voice is much better. But I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Yeah, same :( Although I did like everyone else's voice. They were pretty much how I'd imagined it.

I only skimmed the vid though so I didn't get to hear Tipo yet.

OnFire331

I had my entry done anyway and send it after the final hint. I've got nothing to lose and the contest challenge is a good filter itself.
Not that I expect to win, I never win at any of this stuff.

Flamfas

I hope things have simmered over between Namco and you all, great interview as always. Especially like that you asked about voiced skits

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've been watching the Tales of the Abyss anime, and it is actually really well done. It leaves very little out and is a very accurate rendition of the game. Action scenes are pretty well done too. Coming off of the Symphonia OVA (which, as an aside, had some of the best animation I've seen in a while) it's refreshing to see such a good anime adaptation of a Tales game.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Phantasia and Eternia adaptations? I hear next to nothing about them.

I liked the Phantasia anime. It's short and doesn't try to cover the whole point but focuses on the big battle in the city with some flashbacks to flesh out the characters. Nice action as well.

It's enjoyable but don't go expecting a thorough overtelling of the game.

Rhapsody

Banned
More like patience, the game is almost FINALLY here.

I wonder if we'll ever see an almost simultaneous release like Vesperia for the series again.

I want to say the Tales game after the next unannounced one. Hopefully Xillia 2 won't take too long to complete so we can get somewhat close with the next one.

demidar

More like patience, the game is almost FINALLY here.

I wonder if we'll ever see an almost simultaneous release like Vesperia for the series again.

Pfft, must be nice living in the States. Vesperia was region locked on the 360, I had to wait an entire year to get my copy. Thankfully that isn't really a problem on the PS3 besides regional DLC.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I acquired The Last Remnant for $3 in the Steam sale. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm excited to post the OT. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
On a somewhat unrelated note, I acquired The Last Remnant for $3 in the Steam sale. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
It's one of my favourite games of the generation, and it's good that you got the PC version. Hope you enjoy it. Can be a little obtuse with respect to explaining mechanics, but one you get the hang of it, it flows so well.

demidar

It's one of my favourite games of the generation, and it's good that you got the PC version. Hope you enjoy it. Can be a little obtuse with respect to explaining mechanics, but one you get the hang of it, it flows so well.

That's high praise coming from you. I'm fine with obtuse mechanics as long as the game's not called Dwarf Fortress. I'll get to downloading it soon.

Sorry to crash this thread but seeing SE in the thread title just reminded how much I want a new Secret of Mana, Tales is good and all but I much prefer the game play of the SoM series (well mostly the SNES ones).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pfft, must be nice living in the States. Vesperia was region locked on the 360, I had to wait an entire year to get my copy. Thankfully that isn't really a problem on the PS3 besides regional DLC.

Best turn-based game this generation. Resonance of Fate is right after it. TLR is pretty amazing but that's mostly because of how it's so heavily focused on the macro mechanics of a fight rather than the micro.

demidar

Best turn-based game this generation. Resonance of Fate is right after it. TLR is pretty amazing but that's mostly because of how it's so heavily focused on the macro mechanics of a fight rather than the micro.

Ehh Resonance of Fate is a tad shallow in my opinion.

Sorry to crash this thread but seeing SE in the thread title just reminded how much I want a new Secret of Mana, Tales is good and all but I much prefer the game play of the SoM series (well mostly the SNES ones).
Secret of Mana now that's another series Square pretty much ran to the ground and then GREE-fied
sad_face.gif

Labadal

Legend of mana is better than the SNES games. There, I said it.

Top Bottom