• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Series | Community Thread | Localizing more games than Square Enix

demidar

Wow that's really crazy and interesting if they already finished Xillia 2. Perhaps he finished but the whole project isn't done (although he says "we"). Regardless I still don't expect Xillia 2 before Summer 2014. Hopefully earlier than August but I wouldn't be surprised if it was August.

Wonder who they got for Ludger and Elle. I fully expect the Xillia cast back fully. Hope they fixed Minae Noji's mic this time haha.

How about Johnny Young Bosch and Wendee Lee?

Wow that's really crazy and interesting if they already finished Xillia 2. Perhaps he finished but the whole project isn't done (although he says "we"). Regardless I still don't expect Xillia 2 before Summer 2014. Hopefully earlier than August but I wouldn't be surprised if it was August.

Wonder who they got for Ludger and Elle. I fully expect the Xillia cast back fully. Hope they fixed Minae Noji's mic this time haha.

I imagine they were hired to do both games from the outset.

How about Johnny Young Bosch and Wendee Lee?

Dark Schala may cry

All that makes sense, I just was wondering if the plan is to release xillia 2 first to keep its moment then release symphonia HD later in the year when the xillia titles are finished

I'm pretty sure most people need a year off from playing the first game and the second so they can forget how all the fields look like.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Do you really have to run through all the same fields again in Xillia 2? Or did they at least make them a little more interesting?

Bladenic

Do you really have to run through all the same fields again in Xillia 2? Or did they at least make them a little more interesting?

You have to run through them all again... Multiple times. And the only cosmetic change is the occasional grain filter which looks awful.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZBdYjkfPGHk

Interview with Matt Mercer. Haven't watched the whole thing yet but it is good and funny. ^.^

36 minute mark he says he has finished recording for his role in Xillia 2.

Yup, they definitely didn't wait for Xillia to release to start on this game (not that I expected them to, but that's what they were saying)

This is extremely interesting. If the voicing is done then Xillia 1 and Xillia 2 localization can basically be considered as a single localization project.

EDIT: I highly doubt they'll give Elle's VA to Laura Bailey.

EDIT2: Judging by that interview it seems like the pronunciation for Ludger's name will be with a long u instead of a short one. Interesting.

This is extremely interesting. If the voicing is done then Xillia 1 and Xillia 2 localization can basically be considered as a single localization project.

EDIT: I highly doubt they'll give Elle's VA to Laura Bailey.

EDIT2: Judging by that interview it seems like the pronunciation for Ludger's name will be with a long u instead of a short one. Interesting.

So like Looger not luhger?

Soriku

I was thinking that they'd do Xillia 1 and Xillia 2 close together (since I guess getting the VAs together would be easier, as well as shared things they can translate between 1 and 2).

Will still bet on Summer 2014 for now.

Does anyone know if they ever announce a winner for their Facebook competition? The one that can only be entered if you brought the CE from them?

I got an email on the 9th August saying that they were gonna check against preorder sheets etc and have heard nothing since, you would think you get a too bad email etc =S

Gartooth

Just got Vesperia PS3 in the mail, I open it up and I'm surprised to see that the game has a manual and a pretty extensive one at that. Pretty jealous opening this up after witnessing the joke that is Xillia's US packaging.

Oh and the load times seemed pretty long so I'm installing the game. Good thing the start menu is in english! (why would they be in english anyway?)

Fisico

Just got Vesperia PS3 in the mail, I open it up and I'm surprised to see that the game has a manual and a pretty extensive one at that. Pretty jealous opening this up after witnessing the joke that is Xillia's US packaging.

I may be wrong but I think the lack of manual is something inherent to US/PAL games, in Japan they still have manuals with dozen of pages

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, Japanese games come with manuals most of the time. The exceptions so far are the Vita games, where some come with manuals (Time Travelers) and others don't (Zero no Kiseki Evolution).

FSLink

Banned
Ludger is fine, Ruca is dumb. Not as dumb as Cress though lmao

Cress is one of those names where the pun is better off lost during localization like Refill and Genius. I'm okay with Claus.

Official Tales forums being completely dead is kind of sad (Thanks Flamfas for letting me know), since I've been there since 2004 and during Symphonia's localization launch. Good going Namco for not letting people back up their stuff first. Oh well. :p

Cress is one of those names where the pun is better off lost during localization like Refill and Genius. I'm okay with Claus.

Official Tales forums being completely dead is kind of sad (Thanks Flamfas for letting me know), since I've been there since 2004 and during Symphonia's localization launch. Good going Namco for not letting people back up their stuff first. Oh well. :p

That means they can make a superior unofficial forum that fans can actually control ie the banner won't be 8 years old

Also it's weird for them to take it down now when were in the middle of a tales revival in the west compared to say 3 years ago when there was no sign of any English tales ever again

Rhapsody

Banned

I never really posted there. I think I signed up but that was it. I just remember there being some strange posters with strong opinions there. It's too bad that it was just removed without any real notice. I thought the site was just down due to server problems.

I never really posted there. I think I signed up but that was it. I just remember there being some strange posters with strong opinions there. It's too bad that it was just removed without any real notice. I thought the site was just down due to server problems.

I remember lurking there during Abyss's NA launch. This man does not lie.

Rpgmonkey

Well I hope they at least break the "-ia rule" and don't throw spirits somewhere into the story.

Third game in a row with spirits at the forefront would be a little boring.

Datschge

...is very embarrassing. At least they apparently had someone capable of looking up how to hide the site behind some password protection instead throwing error messages (as a webmaster their handling of the "official" forum was and is an endless stream of facepalm worthy events, kind of doubt a new forum would change that unless it's moved to the apparently more caring European subsidiary).

Stuart444

http://www.playasia.tv/2013/09/hideo-baba-producer-of-tales-of-series.html

We just got back from Singapore to attend the STGCC and visit our friends at Namco Bandai; while we were there, we had the absolute pleasure of interviewing Hideo Baba, one of video gaming's most prolific Producers! His most recent release is the English version of the amazing JRPG Tales of Xillia!

Saw this on the Playasia twitter, interview isn't up yet though.

FSLink

Banned
...is very embarrassing. At least they apparently had someone capable of looking up how to hide the site behind some password protection instead throwing error messages (as a webmaster their handling of the "official" forum was and is an endless stream of facepalm worthy events, kind of doubt a new forum would change that unless it's moved to the apparently more caring European subsidiary).

At least they apparently archived some of it. The handling of the whole situation is pretty poor.

Flamfas

How is Innocence R viewed upon round here? Better then the DS version? I ask cause I picked it up 2 days ago.

I like it better than the DS version, easy. The graphics definitely aren't pushing the Vita's capabilities, but they're passable enough that they don't limit my enjoyment of the game.

Innocence R is great! Hearts R is more questionable; it improves some things but also takes a few steps back from the DS title so it's hard to say one version is "better." But Innocence R is definitely the better version of that title.

Fisico

How is Innocence R viewed upon round here? Better then the DS version? I ask cause I picked it up 2 days ago.

You just have to take into account that you're going to play an average looking PSP game on Vita, if you're ok with that then it's the original game with more contents and slightly improved gameplay.

Top Bottom