• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

The US CE is $100. When I add 20% VAT to that, I get 85/86EUR. Which is 6EUR more than the current price of the European CE.

But sure, maybe they would have changed that to 100EUR. Would still be more acceptable, than the crap that they sell us for 80EUR.

:)

Anyway, hasn't it always been that $1 equals €1 for games? Just seems very likely they would want €99,9 for it. Certainly considering they already dare ask €80 for that crap. ;-)

Remember how the Tales of Xillia Milla Maxwell Edition was €99,99.

I've only ever played the ps2 version of the game. Honestly I'm more concerned whether or not they fixed the world map chugging than I am about the 30fps combat. It never bothered me. It's not like it changes anything mechanically, but I get the disappointment.

Zafir

:)

Anyway, hasn't it always been that $1 equals €1 for games? Just seems very likely they would want €99,9 for it. Certainly considering they already dare ask €80 for that crap. ;-)

Remember how the Tales of Xillia Milla Maxwell Edition was €99,99.
The worst part? The Milla Maxwell edition was still more reasonably priced than half the CE's which contain figures/statues. £130 seems to be the norm for the more mainstream ones.

I don't regret my purchase of the Milla Maxwell edition despite it being a bit on the expensive side though, as I did really enjoy the game.

Symphonia on the other hand, I'm only keeping the CE order because I got it for £40. I don't really like Symphonia enough to pay more than that.

FSLink

Banned
Finally got to see the cheesy trailer. Tempest is still Tempest and not Tempest Strike? So looks like a copy and paste job, not that I thought otherwise.

iuuk

See: EU Namco site

and Siliconera for the US CE.
Thanks, dont agree with this though:

They are limited, but 10,000 and 18,000 are fairly large numbers still. Anyway, better this way than the stunt Namco pulled with Ni no Kuni's Wizard's Edition in the US.
10k is quite a low number for a Limited Edition of a relatively popular RPG. 20k is high, 10k is likely something that'll make you your money back and more if you want to sell it later on. It's a lot compared to something like Elminage, but how often do you see a(n?) LE like that though.

Thanks, dont agree with this though:

10k is quite a low number for a Limited Edition of a relatively popular RPG. 20k is high, 10k is likely something that'll make you your money back and more if you want to sell it later on. It's a lot compared to something like Elminage, but how often do you see a(n?) LE like that though.

I believe the European LE of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (quite a popular franchise) was limited to 8000 pieces (PS3) and 5000 pieces (360). (Source) It's taken months and months, and several price drops before they sold out.

So it's not thát low.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Also Tales of Series are big in Japan not so much on US and Europe looking at the sales of the last 2 games.

ohlawd

I thought Xillia sold decently outside of Japan.
I thought so too, remember reading about it.

Did much better than Graces f but that game deserved to bomb anyway. Xillia 2 probably won't do as well as it suffers from sequelitis but here's hoping it also outsells Graces.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Slay to sound like wimpy Emil confirmed

itqlCtXuIq3B1.gif

b3b0p

I cancelled my preorder of the CE on Amazon.

Figured I'm happy enough with my GameCube copy. Also, I fully expect my GameCube to last longer than my PS3. I really only wanted it for the second game which I have not played yet despite how bad it may end up being. Not wanting to spend money on more games also was a contributing factor.

Artorias

Banned
The outlook is going to be good if you get a CE damaged in the mail with all these cancellations.

Everytime I've had them ship me out a replacement for a delicate item that they trashed, they packaged it almost the same haha. I love Amazon but if you care about condition, its not your best bet.

That said, I ordered mine there as well. I'm sure its too big for a bubble mailer at least so I have hope!

Persona7

Banned
Everytime I've had them ship me out a replacement for a delicate item that they trashed, they packaged it almost the same haha. I love Amazon but if you care about condition, its not your best bet.

That said, I ordered mine there as well. I'm sure its too big for a bubble mailer at least so I have hope!

Yeah, that happened to me before but I've also complained and got them to use different packaging before so I think it depends on what you tell customer service.

iuuk

I believe the European LE of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (quite a popular franchise) was limited to 8000 pieces (PS3) and 5000 pieces (360). (Source) It's taken months and months, and several price drops before they sold out.

So it's not thát low.
Hmm, never checked those numbers, but since they were Zavvi exclusives I'm sure you're right. But, because they were Zavvi exclusives and Zavvi really botched that release I'm sure they're a different beast. It seems this release has sold out well before it was actually released, so I guess 10k isn't that high of a number for a well done (and I can't believe I'm saying this for a Bamco release) release.

But, like any release it will take a couple of months to find out what these numbers actually mean. I believe the Uncharted 3 LE had a higher release count, but they were sold out even sooner, and sold for quite a bit of money right after their release date.

ec0ec0

so... what happened with the outlines!? I dont understand it. It seems that namco has learned to let the player choose (being able to play a "tales of" game IN spanish WITH japanese voices is madness!!). So they let me play the game with japanese voices but they force me to play a game that doesnt maintaing the same style as the one that i played when it was released o_0 why!?

I am not asking why they are giving us an "HD version" that runs way worse that the original because the answer is obvious but... why cant i choose to see the outlines!? it was really simple to let me choose... (THEY WERE ALREADY IN THE GAME!!)

EDIT: WOW at the IGN review, it didnt even say that the game is the ps2 version... it didnt say that it has all the "new" content of the ps2 version, or that it runs at 30 fps or that... seriously, even without reading this theads OT, just by reading the tittle (the godlike tittle ;P ), i would know more about what i am buying that after reading that "review". I almost never read reviews because i know that, probably, they are not going to help me much but still...
I already knew all the ps2 version changes (at least what you could find in english on the internet) when the ps2 version was released, but i was just curious about what the reviews of my loved tales of symphonia said. Disappointing.

ec0ec0

What's funny is that Tales of Innocence allowed you to choose outlines on the models or not. :p

:O i didnt knew that!! I havent played it. I guess that, if they wanted, they could bring them back with a patch?? Anyway, if they didnt give the option, is obvious that, for some reason, they dont want us to see those outlines.

Mistake

Gold Member
:O i didnt knew that!! I havent played it. I guess that, if they wanted, they could bring them back with a patch?? Anyway, if they didnt give the option, is obvious that, for some reason, they dont want us to see those outlines.
From what I can tell, it's just to give the game a softer or brighter look, along with the EU font and Refill's eyes. Maybe they just thought it would look better with everything in HD. I'll just consider this an upgrade over my PS2 copy. Not having 60 FPS won't break the game since I'll get used to it, but it sucks none-the-less.

Edit: One person reported on amazon being in line for a CE copy with an order placed on the 16th of october. I placed mine on the 20th :(

Bladenic

I wonder which party I'll use this play through. I've always mained Lloyd. Wondering if I maybe wanna use someone else. If I do, it'll probably do Regal, Presea, or Zelos. Regal is really awesome. My favorite party is probably Lloyd, Zelos, Genis, and Raine, but I'm also fond of Lloyd, Regal, Presea, and Raine. Collette's okay, while Sheena sucks.

SaintZ

Collette over Sheena? At least Sheena is easy to control and fast.

The times I had to use Collette I just spammed Para ball lol. She's just too slow.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
My GS just called and said they were holding a midnight release because a whole bunch of games are coming out that night 0_o

I'm trying to think of other games... thief and...

Animekatt

My GS just called and said they were holding a midnight release because a whole bunch of games are coming out that night 0_o

Just called my GS, and they too confirmed a midnight launch. Can't wait.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Castlevania too. Though I'm pretty surprised a midnight launch is happening.

Top Bottom