• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

FSLink

Banned
Should have stopped trying to reinvent the battle system afte adding Free Run.

Gross. Rebirth came right after this, and a lot of the Tales games have some really cool systems (FoF, Link Artes, etc). Experimentation is a good thing.

ToS feels greatly polished though just because it's one of the series more refined simple LMBS.

I do miss that we don't get two types of games anymore, I did always liked one game with an experimental battle system, and one that just slowly added and refined the normal LMBS.

Wow, they finally took that site down? It was still up one or two years ago. Not sure about the forums though.

They took the forums down without any warning around Xillia's release or Xillia 2's localization announcement (one of the two). /golfclap

PKrockin

I think I'll be going with S-type Genis, except for Fire and Lightning. Still sad I can't Tech Glitch and get Thunder Arrow too. Thunder Arrow is badass, just not quite as badass as Indignation Judgment.

Anyone else go S-type Genis?

FSLink

Banned
I think I'll be going with S-type Genis, except for Fire and Lightning. Still sad I can't Tech Glitch and get Thunder Arrow too. Thunder Arrow is badass, just not quite as badass as Indignation Judgment.

Anyone else go S-type Genis?

I do. Prism Sword is awesome. I still keep Indignation though for the awesome incantation (in both English and Japanese) and for the Mystic Arte activation.

romulus91

for someone who has only ever gotten about 5 hours in but has massive nostalgia for this game ( as a kid i would just run around the world map), how does this game hold up objectively speaking? i am so tempted

Rizzi

I preordered this on the PSN because we're not getting a CE here, and it's like $40 cheaper.
I've only played a few hours of Xillia and Graces f before, so I don't have any real attachment to the series. I do enjoy the combat a lot though.
Should I push on with Xillia or wait for Symphonia to release and start that before I continue Xillia?

RoeBear

I preordered this on the PSN because we're not getting a CE here, and it's like $40 cheaper.
I've only played a few hours of Xillia and Graces f before, so I don't have any real attachment to the series. I do enjoy the combat a lot though.
Should I push on with Xillia or wait for Symphonia to release and start that before I continue Xillia?

Combat is no where near as good as those two. I'd almost suggest waiting for Symphonia cause the combat will feel really dated if you do Xillia first.

Recall

If I preorder the PSN version here on EU PSN is there anyway for it to begin auto downloading once it is out? I do have plus but don't want it to start downloading anything like demos etc just this game. Is that possible?

Edit: Seems so.

PKrockin

for someone who has only ever gotten about 5 hours in but has massive nostalgia for this game ( as a kid i would just run around the world map), how does this game hold up objectively speaking? i am so tempted
Symphonia is only $20 on PSN, so go for it. Symphonia still has the soundtrack, free exploration, puzzles, an overworld, dungeons, more bosses, and much more challenging combat to gloat about compared to recent games in the series. I may be blinded by nostalgia but I think it's still pretty fun.

Bladenic

So far, while I'm having tons of fun playing one of my favorite Tales games and favorite RPGs ever, I'm highly disappointed in the localization handling. So many errors, which, to the best of my knowledge, were not present in the GC version. It's particularly jarring given the high quality localizations of the series since original Symphonia.

SaintZ

Well I played for like, 20 minutes because I was tired as hell last night and surprisingly, the 30 fps issue doesn't bother me at all.

And yes the new font and menu are fugly.

Oh and I'll try to get the no gels/do deaths titles in one go, although it's gonna be really hard...

Mistake

Gold Member
When did you place your order ColonelSkills? I placed mine on October 20th and got an email this morning that it shipped out. I had my doubts since I was little late compared to everyone else, along with "we're having a delay with your order" message on amazon. Should be here Friday though!

When did you place your order ColonelSkills? I placed mine on October 20th and got an email this morning that it shipped out. I had my doubts since I was little late compared to everyone else, along with "we're having a delay with your order" message on amazon. Should be here Friday though!

October 15th, according to the order page.

I'll give them a few more days before I raise a stink about it. I'm just keen on that soundtrack.

Seda

I can see why Symphonia's simplicity can be appealing.
-

I'm at the point where I need to go to the Tower of Salvation, but I want to gather some materials and money first. Already took care of Sword Dancer 1, and got the 3 summons you can get at this point.

burn to oblivion

RPGCrazied

When is the last chance to fight sword dancer 1? Been awhile. I just got to Palmacosta. Tried fighting it on my way through Ossa Trail, but couldn't do it.

Holmes

Amazon has been "preparing" my CE order for days.

I better not lose out on this or I be salty. :(
Mine too. Except I placed my order on February 18th, so I'm sure I have one of the last CE copies. I just changed my shipping speed to the fastest and now it doesn't even give me an estimated delivery time.

:/

Ludist210

I have the GameCube game sitting on my shelf, but I'm tempted to have it on PS3 as well. $20 isn't bad for a DD of it, so...probably going to buy this tonight. That's three Tales of games this gen that I've bought (four if you count Abyss 3DS).

I like how this game still has my favorite Tales combat.

Simple as fuck which I love. Future games after this just tried too hard. Should have stopped trying to reinvent the battle system afte adding Free Run.

image.php

RPGCrazied

Before Tower of Salvation I think. That's when I always fight him anyway.

Before you talk to the guy in Hima about dragons. You've still got lots of time.

Thanks guys. I'm loving replaying this! The memories! That battle victory quote subtitles is really bugging me. Specially when a boss use his arte, I laughed when Botta did his and the text covered most of the screen. lol

malfcn

Fiancee got the CE. And wow, it's really nice. Hard think collector's box, 4 disc CD music, the figurines, huge manual and novel on hq materials. For $100? Daamn.
Only small bummer is the cat doesn't want to stand, it's too big of a heavy head.

Well, Amazon beat the shit out of my CE. Awesome.

Contact them. They may give you a credit. Unless it is that bad.

RPGCrazied

Sounds like this port has a lot of issues?

I have yet to see any issues. But that's just me. I'm not even noticing grammatical errors, or the stutter on world map. It hitched a couple times, but it seems pretty smooth so far. Only thing I don't like is they added subtitles to the battle victory quote and bosses Arte moves. I'm sure its because of the dual audio, but there should be an option for all subtitles on/off.

Slermy

I have yet to see any issues. But that's just me. I'm not even noticing grammatical errors, or the stutter on world map. It hitched a couple times, but it seems pretty smooth so far. Only thing I don't like is they added subtitles to the battle victory quote and bosses Arte moves. I'm sure its because of the dual audio, but there should be an option for all subtitles on/off.

I am not having any issues so far. I got some slight lag on the world map but it seems to have gone away.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll keep it.

Top Bottom