• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles |OT| 60FPS? I lied. Its actually 30FPS

Atlantis

I think I'll be going with S-type Genis, except for Fire and Lightning. Still sad I can't Tech Glitch and get Thunder Arrow too. Thunder Arrow is badass, just not quite as badass as Indignation Judgment.

Anyone else go S-type Genis?

S-type Genis is the way to go since it gets him his best spell. (Absolute)

Protag

Banned
I have yet to see any issues. But that's just me. I'm not even noticing grammatical errors, or the stutter on world map. It hitched a couple times, but it seems pretty smooth so far. Only thing I don't like is they added subtitles to the battle victory quote and bosses Arte moves. I'm sure its because of the dual audio, but there should be an option for all subtitles on/off.

Its because people were making it a big deal in the first place, acting like the game is unplayable

FSLink

Banned
Its because people were making it a big deal in the first place, acting like the game is unplayable
Nobody said it was unplayable, just that it was unacceptable for an HD port. It's also more jarring if you recently played the GC version or at least played it tons of times back in the day.

It does have issues if you care at all about how well it translated as an HD product. At the end of the day it's still ToS under the performance stuff.

FSLink

Banned
Anybody know if the Rename gem is in? Allows you to rename your characters, was present in all versions of Symphonia except the localized GC one.

FSLink

Banned
Are the loading times better or anything like that, or does the OP just about sum it up?
PS2 version the loading was a lot worse. From what I'm playing so far of the HD version it's about the same as the GC version loading wise. Can't tell much of a difference.

Ringman

Banned
PS2 version the loading was a lot worse. From what I'm playing so far of the HD version it's about the same as the GC version loading wise. Can't tell much of a difference.

This thread has convinced me to give Symphonia a shot.

Are the lower quality textures and framerate issues dealbreakers for PS3? I have this GCN copy lying around somewhere that I could play on Wii if it's the better version.

Are the skits voiced on ps3?

CrazyDude

This thread has convinced me to give Symphonia a shot.

Are the lower quality textures and framerate issues dealbreakers for PS3? I have this GCN copy lying around somewhere that I could play on Wii if it's the better version.

Are the skits voiced on ps3?

It doesn't look too bad to be honest. The skits are only voiced in Japanese.

LuuKyK

I held on buying this and Lightning Returns because I have so little time to play and I really want to finish Bravely Default. :( Work sucks.

Still, very much looking forward to replaying this as soon as I finish BD. I really enjoyed the game back in the days.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I held on buying this and Lightning Returns because I have so little time to play and I really want to finish Bravely Default. :( Work sucks.

Still, very much looking forward to replaying this as soon as I finish BD. I really enjoyed the game back in the days.
Play Lightning Returns first

Ramune

How are people's CE from Amazon holding up? I'm getting paid this morning, so before it finally ships, I wanna let them know to protect this thing. Ironically, when Amazon shipped the Xillia CE, it came in great condition. Boxed and bubbled as it should be.

LuuKyK

Play Lightning Returns first

I will buy them both at the same time (LR isn't even available in my country yet lawl). I really have no idea what to start first. I guess I will go with Lightning then...

BUT I NEED TO FINISH BD FIRST! Dammit, stop tempting me. >_>

Seda

Gonna try to get the use the Wooden Sword for a fourth of the game acheivement.

I remembered the no gels, no deaths, and no running away titles (got the no deaths one already) but forgot about keeping the Wooden Sword equipped through Kilia. Next playthrough then.

NolbertoS

How are people's CE from Amazon holding up? I'm getting paid this morning, so before it finally ships, I wanna let them know to protect this thing. Ironically, when Amazon shipped the Xillia CE, it came in great condition. Boxed and bubbled as it should be.

I got mine from Amazon in a big box with tons of air Bubbles protecting it. It wasn't dinged at all and came perfect. I'm awaiting my Gamestop copy now and hoping it doesn't get dinged either. I can't wait to replay this game soon :D

Persona7

Banned

Amazon stuck my copy in a box about 3x the size of the CE and a few air bubbles, all four OST disks popped out of the case.

Gamestop did a bit better but I am not going to open it yet so I don't know if the cds popped out. The UPS guy also dropped both packages when he stepped out of the truck, lol.

luokyl

ok, I got both EU and US CE's right in front of me and I have to say that the US one gets my vote of the better CE.

I just watched an EU CE unboxing and the manual wasn't in the game case but with the rest of the CE stuff. This confuses me greatly.

There are trophies for no healing items/escaping/dying?

Well, I guess I'll save that for NG++++

Which I'll probably reach considering how much I played through ToS on the GameCube.

Mieu

I got the Asian copy. The only code it came with would be for the PS3 Customer theme which is like the previous themes from TOX, TOX2, TOGf.

I got the costumes for Rita, Luke, and Guy. Since, I have started the game just recently, I still have not confirmed it for the others.

FSLink

Banned
I'm playing on Hard mode instead of Normal on 1st playthrough so it'd be irriating for me to get the No gels/deaths/etc stuff without grinding like a motherfucker early on. Especially due to low Gald.

I usually save it for 2nd playthroughs+ when I'm just rushing to get everyone's endings...especially now that there's costumes attached to the endings.

I got the Asian copy. The only code it came with would be for the PS3 Customer theme which is like the previous themes from TOX, TOX2, TOGf.

I got the costumes for Rita, Luke, and Guy. Since, I have started the game just recently, I still have not confirmed it for the others.

Screenshots? Since the code's not working for NA yet.

Ath

Amazon UK have just dispatched my £39.99 Collectors Edition! I used a gift voucher from a survey to bring it down to £34.99 too. Pretty cool that they're honouring the misprice. Even though we miss out on a load of stuff compared to the US CE, I don't mind considering it's 35 quid.

I put my playthrough of the Gamecube version on hold when I saw this was announced, I actually hope to finish it this time...

Springy

My EU CE just arrived. I wish I hadn't seen the US CE now, I'm feeling distinctly underwhelmed. Chibi figurines are lovely, though.

Just got off a chat with Amazon, the best they could offer me for my damaged CE was a $25 credit. Pretty lame considering the thing is already going for $180-$200 in mint condition but apparently they don't take that type of thing into consideration at all.

Last time I buy a CE from Amazon.

Top Bottom