• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

Torraz

Thanks for the answers.

Quests carry over from one chapter to the next, right? At least i think I have quests that require items that i have not seen dropped yet, by the current batch of monsters (or found as pick ups).

You won't have quests that aren't doable by that point. it might require an item drop that is rare but it's doable , so you might wait untill the item is more easily available , but as soon as a quest appear you can do it.

If you're looking for money , the giganto monsters are the way to go , especially if you want to progress the story, bear in mind that you won't be able to clear that quest list , because the game will add more quests the more you do them.

Torraz

You won't have quests that aren't doable by that point. it might require an item drop that is rare but it's doable , so you might wait untill the item is more easily available , but as soon as a quest appear you can do it.

If you're looking for money , the giganto monsters are the way to go , especially if you want to progress the story, bear in mind that you won't be able to clear that quest list , because the game will add more quests the more you do them.

Thanks!

What's the best level up strategy? Switch orbs around a lot and get all of the low/mid SP skills on each party member? Or stay dedicated to 1-2 orbs per character?

Torraz

Stuck on a sidequest, the wikis (at least the h1g one) have not been able to help me :(.

I'm at the end of chapter 9. I need 3 "strange beads" for Ridou's red quest. I don't have any ????-marked areas, and I'm pretty sure I gathered items/sparklies/killed monsters in all of the zones; thus I have no idea where to look for additional beads.

I have two of them; one from a chest in the mon highlands, and one from a chest from the fire/lava cave. I've klled plenty of monsters in both zones but have not found another bead. Sending the cat to mon highlands has also not helped.

Can anyone remember where to get my last strange bead?

Thanks !

Torraz

Just finished the main quest of chapter 12. Shit is getting real. I thought the last 1-2 chapters were already getting pretty tense.

Also, fuck poker. Why does raising the relationship level for hi-ougis take so long :(.

Torraz

That bad ending :(...

Finished the story of chapter 15.

Side quests first, or power through to the end of the game / (final boss), before going into post game content? Xillia 2 is the first tales of game where I am inclined to grind up some grade for another playthrough.

Just heard some lines by the voice actor and am slightly miffed. He sounds pretty cool, so I think some of the scenes up until now would have had more of an impact were they fully voiced...

That bad ending :(...

Finished the story of chapter 15.

Side quests first, or power through to the end of the game / (final boss), before going into post game content? Xillia 2 is the first tales of game where I am inclined to grind up some grade for another playthrough.

Just heard some lines by the voice actor and am slightly miffed. He sounds pretty cool, so I think some of the scenes up until now would have had more of an impact were they fully voiced...

in chapter 16 ?
DO THE SIDEQUESTS

thank me later

Jiraiza

Half a year later and I'm still sad about
Jude and Milla not getting together.

I'll play this game again one day, one day... It was like a one night stand with the game after beating it once because my OTP didn't happen which put me off so hard, ;_;.

Torraz

Only three gigantos (of the 175k gold) variety (= ex giganto?) remaining, in addition to the last character episodes. Then it will be time to start the last chapter.

When/how does Ludger get his "hit enemy weakness get 1 AC" skill? I think four of the six categories of the level up orb are finished (gold edges and no more skklls). Additionally, the remaining, upcoming, skills are all ability upgrades.

Only three gigantos (of the 175k gold) variety (= ex giganto?) remaining, in addition to the last character episodes. Then it will be time to start the last chapter.

When/how does Ludger get his "hit enemy weakness get 1 AC" skill? I think four of the six categories of the level up orb are finished (gold edges and no more skklls). Additionally, the remaining, upcoming, skills are all ability upgrades.

if that's the case it might be a skill book you need to gain

Any idea how? Relationship level ups, paying down the debt?

Are you sure ludger has such a skill ? i just checked and i don't see it .. do you have the anme of the skill involved ?

Are you sure it's not the might charge 2 ?

Give you AC+1 when you attack an ennemy weakness after you spend more than 2 sec guarding

I can look you need need to give some info as i'm not seeing it in the skill list

Given that it's a skill that is related to AC i assume it's an action skill , of course.

Torraz

Are you sure ludger has such a skill ? i just checked and i don't see it .. do you have the anme of the skill involved ?

Are you sure it's not the might charge 2 ?

Give you AC+1 when you attack an ennemy weakness after you spend more than 2 sec guarding

I can look you need need to give some info as i'm not seeing it in the skill list

Given that it's a skill that is related to AC i assume it's an action skill , of course.

That could be it.

I know it has to be a skill Ludger has, because in the short video clip I saw he was not linked with anyone.

That could be it.

I know it has to be a skill Ludger has, because in the short video clip I saw he was not linked with anyone.

This is confusing.

Let's see , in the comments of your vid , the guy says that it's the skill "weak searcher"
Code:
ウィークサーチャー
But when i check it's a light orb skill you get with 230 points( very early ) and it's a support skill that doesn't seems to get you AC.
So it's highly probably he used a combination of skills to get that effect.
It also might be a skill you get only in NG+

i wi'll look into it myself ( never checked the Ac cancel system in Xillia 2 i must admit )

Torraz

This is confusing.

Let's see , in the comments of your vid , the guy says that it's the skill "weak searcher"
Code:
ウィークサーチャー
But when i check it's a light orb skill you get with 230 points( very early ) and it's a support skill that doesn't seems to get you AC.
So it's highly probably he used a combination of skills to get that effect.
It also might be a skill you get only in NG+

i wi'll look into it myself ( never checked the Ac cancel system in Xillia 2 i must admit )

Thanks for all the effort. Quite a mystery...

FSLink

Banned
Began playing this again in anticipation for Xillia 1 in English. I forgot where I was so I just started over, just finished Chapter 4. Guns are effing broken.

EDIT: Just freaked myself out since I forgot I bought the Kyubey attachment and I accidentally equipped it on my character's head.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Okay, going to attempt to start this up again. I think I was between chapters 9/10 or chapters 8/9 last time I played it, so I'll pick up from there.

I was in the middle of a character chapter, I know that much, and I was busy trying to get used to using Gaius, too.

Sooo... let's see where this takes us. Probably not going to pursue a platinum trophy this time. It seems like it took multiple playthroughs for some people in this thread! I still have it in my head to find all of the cats.

And I will find all of the cats.

...except sometimes you think you've found a cat but it looks like a pigeon. :mad:

You're restarting now ?
Damn i wasn't expecting you to go back so fast...
Well i need to do my second run in order to get the arena , debt and secrets endings so i guess i should do it NG+ should be easier, especially since i know already what are the low points of this game.

i won't be able to restart playing untill thursday at least , unfortunatly.

FSLink

Banned
Okay, going to attempt to start this up again. I think I was between chapters 9/10 or chapters 8/9 last time I played it, so I'll pick up from there.

I was in the middle of a character chapter, I know that much, and I was busy trying to get used to using Gaius, too.
I'm like a chapter after getting Alt Milla so I don't think I'm far from where you're at. Not gonna bother with the cats stuff until the English version comes out. :p I'm actually only playing on Moderate too so I can quickly finish it and move on to finishing SMT4 and P4G.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
i won't be able to restart playing untill thursday at least , unfortunatly.
That's okay. I'm still doing the character chapters, so it might take me a while to get through everything.

I'm like a chapter after getting Alt Milla so I don't think I'm far from where you're at. Not gonna bother with the cats stuff until the English version comes out. :p I'm actually only playing on Moderate too so I can quickly finish it and move on to finishing SMT4 and P4G.
I think I ended up finding all of the cats I could thus far, so I might as well go all the way with it.

That's okay. I'm still doing the character chapters, so it might take me a while to get through everything.

I think I ended up finding all of the cats I could thus far, so I might as well go all the way with it.

Not a spoiler , but untill you're in the middle of the final dongeon, you can STILL go back and get the cats ....so you have time to get them all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, good. So I don't have to keep going and looking around for 'em per chapter break, eh? Thanks. I know one you have to find when you're doing a sidequest.

Do the Gigantos disappear after a while? I can't remember, honestly! I know there's a シエナブロンク lying in wait somewhere, but apparently he appears randomly? Looking at the reward for it, I don't think I'd want to run into it now.

I assume that Demon/Dark Seals are drops now as opposed to being something you buy or synthesize.

Bladenic

Just got Gaius. Oh my glob, he's tons of fun.

His counter move that's a one hit kill is insane. Amazing for grinding or just taking out high level enemies like snow dragons in no time.

Compared to Gaius, I thought Muzet kind of sucked in battle.

His counter move that's a one hit kill is insane. Amazing for grinding or just taking out high level enemies like snow dragons in no time.

Compared to Gaius, I thought Muzet kind of sucked in battle.

Muzet is like a Magical tank cannon that can inflict status effects as a bonus ...takes a while to get into but fun once you do.

Ahah i've finally started my second run of this game.

The first thing i picked in the grade menu was the voice for ludger.

It's still ackward, but it's so much better.

And now i can restart and make other choices ..

so even if i win the boss fight in the training exercise i fail , lol ? what a devious trap that was.

FSLink

Banned
Really want to finish the game so I can get the voice for Ludger. >_> Even if it is kind of half assed in.

So is there a "best" party for the game when you're allowed to use whoever you want? I've been hearing Ludger/Milla or Leia/Elize/Muzet is pretty great, and of course Gaius is a powerhouse....

No best party as far as i'm aware ...

Every character is broken , some more than others ( jude, ludger ) but any combinaison is worthwhile now.

Bladenic

Really want to finish the game so I can get the voice for Ludger. >_> Even if it is kind of half assed in.

So is there a "best" party for the game when you're allowed to use whoever you want? I've been hearing Ludger/Milla or Leia/Elize/Muzet is pretty great, and of course Gaius is a powerhouse....

Going by MasterLL's videos, Ludger/Elize/Muzet/Rowen is unstoppable. And on second playthrough replace Ludger with Leia (or in the Coliseum).

FSLink

Banned
Going by MasterLL's videos, Ludger/Elize/Muzet/Rowen is unstoppable. And on second playthrough replace Ludger with Leia (or in the Coliseum).

What makes Rowen so good this time around? Due to him being mostly Water/Earth and abusing the weakness system I assume?
He was decent in the first one (broken if you controlled him obviously), but I never found the need to use him over Link Artes with Milla most of the time especially on harder difficulties where his poor defenses and the mediocre AI doesn't help him. :p

What makes Rowen so good this time around? Due to him being mostly Water/Earth and abusing the weakness system I assume?
He was decent in the first one (broken if you controlled him obviously), but I never found the need to use him over Link Artes with Milla most of the time especially on harder difficulties where his poor defenses and the mediocre AI doesn't help him. :p

Rowen is "full conductor " in this game.
Chaining magic never been this easy with him.
Auto magic guard is just so good
and yeah , the weakness system get abused fast.
he has more ways to chain link artes allowing him to inflict a great deal of damage and fast.

Just started this late last night yesterday. I finished chapter 6. How many chapters are in this game and is this game long? It seems like the main chapters go by fast...

So far, after coming from playing the English version of Xillia, I dislike the jpn voices with the exception of Leia. It's going to take some times to get used to it. I feel like I'm a bit forced to play as Ludger since the enemies so far are weak to his one of his three type of weapons. Not sure how I feel about the quest system but sending out the cats to look for items to obtain an item you need to complete the quest is pretty bad. But hopefully later on, the items you get to speed it up will be better. My last complaint is Jude's new design...

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game so far.

Rhapsody

Banned
What makes Leia really good in ToX2? I didn't really have the chance to experiment with all the characters since I was rushing through the game.

What makes Leia really good in ToX2? I didn't really have the chance to experiment with all the characters since I was rushing through the game.
Leia is a great support , does decent damage and second best healer.
If you've played xillia 1 she hasn't changed much in term of battle usefullness.

Just started this late last night yesterday. I finished chapter 6. How many chapters are in this game and is this game long? It seems like the main chapters go by fast...

So far, after coming from playing the English version of Xillia, I dislike the jpn voices with the exception of Leia. It's going to take some times to get used to it. I feel like I'm a bit forced to play as Ludger since the enemies so far are weak to his one of his three type of weapons. Not sure how I feel about the quest system but sending out the cats to look for items to obtain an item you need to complete the quest is pretty bad. But hopefully later on, the items you get to speed it up will be better. My last complaint is Jude's new design...

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game so far.

Well the game is
16 chapters
long . the game has
endings at different chapters so don't worry there is stuff to do.

Actually for the cats , it's there as a easy way to get your items... you can also search the field by yourself and hope for a random drop.
i'd rather send the cat and do something else in the meantime

As for the voices , it's because you've been exposed to english voices first .i think it's the opposite. Mila , gaius & rowen JPN voices are godly.

16 chapters[/SPOILER] long . the game has
endings at different chapters so don't worry there is stuff to do.

Actually for the cats , it's there as a easy way to get your items... you can also search the field by yourself and hope for a random drop.
i'd rather send the cat and do something else in the meantime

As for the voices , it's because you've been exposed to english voices first .i think it's the opposite. Mila , gaius & rowen JPN voices are godly.
Are the random droppings that rare that I couldn't find it for an hour? o_O I gave up, google, and someone on 2chan, who was looking for the same item I was looking for, asked if it was really there. Someone told him to send the cats. So when I did it, I finally got it so I made the assumption some could only be found with the cats. So then the drop rates for those items are really low or I just have bad luck.

So then one last question, are the best endings for each chapter obvious? Other than that, I think having that many chapters isn't too bad. I do kinda want to beat this game pretty fast but while doing as many quests as I can.

Oh, Gaius voice is sexy, just like the English one. Missing Rowen's, Jude's, and Elize's English VA. Have yet to encounter Milla yet.

But I'm glad to see that Leia is great in this game as well. I want to use her like I did in Xillia but I feel forced to use Ludger so far.

More than once some stupid stuff can be annoying ... some bottle that i needed to find at some point took me more than 2 hours by foot but it's doable. i was farming moves & xp so it wasn't a big deal but yeah the stuff can be found by foot BUT it's easier with the cats because they have a higher fixed chance to get some items. ( by foot , you have the regular luck )

For example The last ???? in an area can however only be found the more cats you have .
Meaning that the higher the number of cats you have the higher chance you have to find items when you use the cat dispatch mode.
( chance increase every 10 cats untill you hit 50, and then it's like every 5 cats or something. )
Another reason why people will tell you to use the cats ...it's just faster because the rare item in a area has often a very bad drop rate

There is no best ending for chapters you can however make some chapters end on a higher not than usual with some choices but this will be obvious.
The character chapters have an ongoing-sub story than will only end when you reach the end of that tale .Your choices however only affect ludger character relationships ( always up or nothing) but doesn't affect the storyline. There are however several choices that doesn't seems to have an effect but do.( for elle & kuransupia president ) As for the rest ,the game will tell you when you're at a decisive point in term of endings .... you won't be locked in a ending you don't like untill you're confirmed your choice (" Are you really sure ?") at least twice.

More than once some stupid stuff can be annoying ... some bottle that i needed to find at some point took me more than 2 hours by foot but it's doable. i was farming moves & xp so it wasn't a big deal but yeah the stuff can be found by foot BUT it's easier with the cats because they have a higher fixed chance to get some items. ( by foot , you have the regular luck )

For example The last ???? in an area can however only be found the more cats you have .
Meaning that the higher the number of cats you have the higher chance you have to find items when you use the cat dispatch mode.
( chance increase every 10 cats untill you hit 50, and then it's like every 5 cats or something. )
Another reason why people will tell you to use the cats ...it's just faster because the rare item in a area has often a very bad drop rate

There is no best ending for chapters you can however make some chapters end on a higher not than usual with some choices but this will be obvious.
The character chapters have an ongoing-sub story than will only end when you reach the end of that tale .Your choices however only affect ludger character relationships ( always up or nothing) but doesn't affect the storyline. There are however several choices that doesn't seems to have an effect but do.( for elle & kuransupia president ) As for the rest ,the game will tell you when you're at a decisive point in term of endings .... you won't be locked in a ending you don't like untill you're confirmed your choice (" Are you really sure ?") at least twice.
Ah, I see. Thank you for giving a greater insight in how the system works.

Bladenic

Weakness system and new mechanics, but the reason that party is so good is due to insane Roche Waltz spamming. And that spell causes Petrify in this game (I think it did in Xillia too but it seemed to happen far less frequently). Plus I believe Rowen and Muzet (may be a different combo) have Witchcraft as a link arte, making spells even better. And of course Leia/Rowen still have Time Stop/Stop Flow

Feeroper

Hey guys,

I havent played ToX 1 yet, I did pick it up recently and plan to play through it. Is it worthwhile for me to pickup ToX 2?

I do like JRPG's, but havent had too much experience with the Tales series, but ive always been curious.

I also wasnt sure if this is the type of game like an Atlus game where it will be hard to come by later on.

I feel like Im on the fence about picking this one up right now, but Im leaning towards going throught with it...

RPGCrazied

Finally got this for $20 at gamestop along with Bioshock Infinite complete edition.

Better late than never, no? Does a save file from 1 do anything?

Top Bottom