• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 |OT| Destroying Worlds 4 U

First few hours of farming done, I went from 77 Battle titles left to 31, and from 31 Battle Challenge titles to 28. No change on the System titles, still 20 left.
Will continue tomorrow~

Playing ATM
i'm in chapter 7 ..i just got the "shiritori" skit ... well congratulation jude .. you've won ...

BUT i sure don't know what word you freaking used .

Too long !!!

Ha ah ha Abusing musee and submissive mila .. this is something intresting to see.

EDIT : chapter 7 is done ..my first trophy lol ...after 15 hours !!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Trophies certainly don't come easy in this game.

I was trying for the "Use Jude's vanish skill 450 times" one but then I realized that I could just get that as the game goes on if I main him or switch between characters mid-battle like usual. It still kills me that I can't R3 and swap characters in and out of battle. :/

Haven't had time to play this much because I've been busy with assignments and other stuff. After this week, though, I'm going to take next weekend to beat it before I start studying for finals.

Mieu

There's a trophy for using Lulu and completing all the items searchable in each area. Tales of Grinding again tsk...

How do you activate Leia's special skill? It's like parrying right but I can't seem to make it work.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There's a trophy for using Lulu and completing all the items searchable in each area. Tales of Grinding again tsk...

How do you activate Leia's special skill? It's like parrying right but I can't seem to make it work.
I suspect it's like Xillia 1's, so what you would do with Jude's. Just as the enemy's about to strike, backstep and her staff will extend. Find an enemy (like a turtle) whose attack animations are very easy to read because they're slow.

Mieu

I sold my TOX1 after I did the plat so I really can't recall. Thanks man!

Tipo ON/OFF is slower in TOX2. I don't think I can bear it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Everything is slower and less broken.

Like I said on the previous page (ugh, I should've posted it on this page), it's a good thing, but I can't help but to feel like it's a double-edged sword on a personal front.

Varion

Finished the game with the normal and 'good' endings last night. Took 76 hours but I did do all the character events, most of the quests and loads of titles and did everything on hard. Which generally wasn't quite that bad, but a certain boss early on was hellish.
Yes, Volt, you.
Generally really liked the game overall though (and the final boss is my favourite in a Tales game, much as the fight before it was awful
because of infinite time stop and random healing, but the section after you beat Bisley the first time when you get the ultimate shell and that awesome arrange of the OP kicks in, followed by the actual final battle ending with a special hiougi is just too good)
, but probably not quite as much as the original overall.

Spoilers for both the normal and true endings:
Feel like the only one but I hated both of the endings though. It's been a fair while since a game ending's left me feeling quite so empty. The normal one (which I got first) is just utterly miserable, which while it fits with the rest of the game at least made me hope the 'good' end wouldn't be. But that is too. Considering everything they'd been through I though the least I could hope for was Ludger and Elle getting to be happy together, but apparently even that was too much to hope for.

What makes it even worse is Origin though, considering how utterly twisted the whole thing was I was looking forward to sticking a lance through his face, and yet somehow he ends up getting portrayed like a nice guy of all things. Despite Ludger having to sacrifice himself and practically have to wish for mass genocide (you can't spend the game letting us get attached to alternate Mira, Elle who herself is from another world, etc and brush off making the whole lot vanish) in order to clean up Origin's mess and save one little girl who'd done nothing wrong, and all he has to say is pretty much 'Yeah I like people, guess you'll have to keep proving yourself to me :)'. And everyone's fine with that. Really? I ended up feeling sympathetic towards Bisley, much as I hated what he did using Elle it was amazing how little anyone else seemed bothered by what all the Crusniks had to go through (you've collected them all? Congratulations, now go kill someone, just because.) because of how the whole thing was set up. Ludger just didn't get a break, not one.

Bad end I'll have to get for the trophy but it's being scene skipped and the fight done on easy. Don't even want to see that thank you very much. Hate it when there's rewards for seeing bad ends unless they're directly plot relevent or something, which this one isn't.

Second farming session yesterday, got 11 System titles, 18 Battle titles and 17 Battle Challenge titles left. IIRC I got 7280 Grade for now. What I know for sure however is that I only need 420 more to get what I absolutely need in NG+. The rest will be extra.

I guess I'll at least try to get all Battle Challenge titles before attempting to move on. They are dependent on progression (lots of artes needed, all characters, hi-ougi and dual hi-ougi aplenty etc) so it's best to do them now rather than wait.

I need to figure out how to get to Tag Battles upper rank and ex rank in the arena too, I could only unlock all ranks in Party Battles. (edit: figured it out)
Oh and I don't understand AT ALL how to get out of the "stairs" sections in the hidden dungeon.
I thought I had to get lights in a certain order, like lantern, candle and then the other one but I thought I had seen them appear the first time I went in, but the second time I couldn't see them >_< When I go to the top of Ludger's "stairs" I see a lighted section that disappear as I step on it and it won't come back :x
. Driving me crazy that's for sure. (edit 2 : damn, finally figured out what to do -_- it's so damn easy once you actually know you can
JUMP OFF THE STAIRS where the two colored stairs "stack"
...)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
A brief glance at mk2 shows that this game ain't doing so hot in terms of player reviews. Of course, half of those could be trolling. But in some instances, I agree with them (no one seems to like Ludger being silent at all, lag (and there is definitely lag/framerate drops like in the last game), recycled areas, issues with debt system and pacing, forced party members/lack of changing, trophies, etc.).

It's weird. I'm not a huge Tales fan (contrary to popular opinion, apparently), but when I get a Tales game, I play it like nuts to learn the characters as much as possible.

But this? Man, maybe it's because I've been busy, but I haven't done a lot of progression for it. I don't feel enthusiastic to do it. While the story's nice, I don't find it super-fun to play. It might be because I replayed Xillia before I started it, but even if I didn't play Xillia 1 soon before, I'd still be irritated by the amount of recycled locations and the amount of times they make you go through those locations. I've already went into the battle stuff--double-edged sword, and I dislike that they removed the ability to swap people in and out at will.

I don't dislike the game. I like the game. I just find that there are various factors that make me put the game down after a while playing it (pacing, recycling, lack of flexibility, etc.).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Had I played Xillia 2 without the recycled areas and the debt system, I would've enjoyed Xillia 2 a lot more than I do now. Having said that, I'm still having a good time with the game but there are definitely quirks that hold the game back from being what could've possibly been the best Tales game in recent years.

Shouta

I'm enjoying the characters myself but I had quite a bit of good will towards them from the first and I didn't play Xillia 1 before starting up Xillia 2. Having not played it since last year, it's quite nice coming back to see them a year later. Some areas are recycled but since I didn't just run through them, it doesn't hurt as much.

Ludger being a talking character would've probably been a bit better but the game gives you enough points to pick your answer that it actually feels like you're in charge of his personality. I haven't had any issues with the debt system though, aside from Nova being annoying. Actually, it's kind of nice having a use for money and having to make real choices when it comes to gear and items. I'm clearing that debt off pretty consistently, so it's pretty rough. I also use all of the characters so being forced into certain groups is ok with me. Though, I do wish that for some of the fights I had access to all the characters because it's a little annoying in some circumstances.

Anyway, just finished Ch 7 and got the lovely Sawashiro back but I laughed at how they did it, lol. Better than what was I expecting though. The first skit I saw with her after the chapter was over was a skit with a AKB48 Sayaka Nakaya joke. <3

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I like the jokes in the trophy list, tbh.

Half of the time when I'm in a battle and I'm using a bunch of offensive people, I wish I had the chance to tag someone like Elise in like I did in Xillia 1 for extra support. It feels like a huge step backwards. Swapping on the fly was incredibly beneficial to the player because it allowed you to change the dynamic of the party at any time you wanted, and it allowed you to switch up whether or not you wanted to go in an all-out-offensive attack or if you wanted to be defensive and rely on support. That is what I liked a lot about Xillia 1's system. Taking that away in Xillia 2 feels limiting.

At least Link Arte chains are way easier to pull off because you can just keep switching people and using the R stick in any direction to keep the chain going until the gauge depletes.

Shouta said:
Some areas are recycled but since I didn't just run through them, it doesn't hurt as much.
I feel the opposite. I explored every nook and cranny and Xillia 1 (and Xillia 1's EX dungeon certainly does not help because you're going through the maps yet again, and you have to do it three times to completely beat the EX Dungeon), and here I am doing it yet again for cats, E. Cores, random junk I can use for Custom Orders, trying to fill in the map for quick travel with R3, etc. It gets... boring.

When I compare this to something like FFX-2, sure, I can criticize the recycled areas in that game. FFX-2 wasn't all recycled areas, though. There were a bunch of new dungeons (ex: Bevelle Underground, that Trema dungeon which was cool, the LM stuff, part of the Mt. Gagazet extension, that Vermin dungeon, the chocobo dungeon, etc.), and you weren't told "go through these areas first before you're able to Quick-Travel to them" because they knew you'd already gone through those areas in the first game, so why bother making the player do something he/she did in the previous game? It's repetitive. The general design (ie: the part where they let you loose at the end of the chapter to accrue money) at that point in Xillia 2 is kind of baffling when you take that perspective into consideration. We can certainly play devil's advocate here and say that trudging through those areas again is also optional, but it doesn't feel that way sometimes when you have to make a minimum payment for the debt in order to progress.

The issue with the debt system isn't necessarily not being able to clear the debt because 20 M spacebucks is a hell of a lot of money, it's that you need to deliver a minimum payment in order to progress to the next chapter. Instead of giving the player the minimum payment at the beginning of the chapter so he/she will know that they need to accrue that money to progress, they give you the objective at the end, which breaks up the pacing entirely. It's like it was an afterthought and used for padding the game out rather than weaving it into the game's chapters seamlessly.

*realizes she should say something nice* Oh. I do think Custom Orders are better executed here than they were in Abyss. They're easier to handle and because sparklies/bags replenish themselves on the fields often, you can easily get a bunch of supplies to make better weapons. I barely ever used Din's Shop in Abyss because I felt like it was a waste of time.

Shouta

That's why I never try and do all the crazy things in a game. =P Pretty easy to get bored of it if you're doing it for hours. At least I get to collect stuff in Xillia's fields though. I got tired of walking the same path two or three times in Graces yet I can still run around the Xillia fields getting cores and junk.

I have no problem with the placement of debt hurdles in this. It works with the flow of the game and gives a chance to squeeze in stuff for the other characters without crowding the primary story. Trying to fit it all in often makes a story awkward or bad and even Xillia had that issue for Leia. So putting that stop gap and allowing players the choice of immediately clearing it or search out sidequests is pretty sweet. If you don't like a character, you can just ignore them so. I mean I can understand if it was a lot more padding like but that balance has been pretty good.

Sandfox

Can someone give me their thoughts on the game, how it compares to Xillia, and tell me if they added in more of the traditional Tales content that was missing from Xillia?

As expected , elle & elise relationship does improve at a verynice pace in this game ..you can do it elise !!

IAS8kl.jpg

look at that blush

--------
Ok guys the cats are everywhere ... it's a "miaou" after another ..it's getting ridiculous ..the fact that you can send them away to gather some things is a nice touch but still
so many cats !! in the most weird places !!!!

J1qCdl.jpg
GKzyJl.jpg

just look at that ..my years of exploration skills i've gained with various rpgs is used at full power ...

This quest is something else ... even the back cover of the game case is full of cats ..i can't avoid the cats ...
even in regular quests i find cats !!

7Hy28l.jpg

why did this cat had glasses ? i mean WTF !

Cats everywhere !!
Why so many cats ???

anyway i'll just continue playing ...
one thing this game taught me is that i should NEVER get in debt In real life ...

Rpgmonkey

My experience is a little different. I disliked Xillia 1 enough that I did essentially nothing but the main story, because a lot of the side stuff was so boring and didn't have any rewards I cared about. As a result some of these areas in Xillia 2 feel unfamiliar to me, even if they were in the first game.

On one hand, so far the main chapters usually feature more new places than old ones, and I'm not doing any of the character episodes until later, so what I go through on that front is pretty reasonable and makes the game feel new. On the other, the debt at the end of chapters is a little annoying though, and it heavily emphasizes running through Rieze Maxia, so it feels boring and repetitive. I usually just kill Giganto Monsters until it's paid off. It's not so much that it's difficult, it's just a little awkward to hit a wall like this after every chapter.

That aside, I think I'm still finding what the game offers as a whole more interesting than the overall experience provided in Vesperia, Graces, Innocence, Hearts, or Xillia, to place it among this generation of Tales games. The game feels kind of...refreshing, in a way. By time I got to Xillia, I think I started to get burnt out on the series and they started to feel too samey, particularly with their worlds and storylines, and it's almost to the point where not even the battle systems are enough to hold my attention. Xillia 2 still has that issue to some degree, but the locations it features (particularly the technology, clothing styles, and architecture of these places), the way it portrays some of the characters, and the story progression keep me more involved and interested. It's not really breaking new ground for games in general, but for Tales it's a change of pace that I think the series could use. Like, some of the usual Tales tropes are still present, but what makes it different from a lot of Tales games to me is that a lot of the tropes aren't a part of the core storyline of the game, and instead centered around the individual characters to whom it matters most. Like they could have just thrown together some typical Tales story where the main theme is about Origin and how people's use of energy is affecting the world, or one about the conflict between Elympiosans and Rieze Maxians, or even something about the importance of having close friends, but instead they've centered those topics around individual characters like Jude or Gaius, while the main story focuses on something that's more unique within the scope of the series.

It has some really odd ideas that dampen the experience, and I really wish they weren't there, but I also think it's doing a few things that brings the series out of its comfort zone, and/or could really be beneficial to the series in future entries. Two things in particular I really like are the existence of a very involved and detailed quest chain for each character, and the game essentially going into free roam mode after each chapter and giving you time to take a break and focus on new sidequests that show up. The first because I think it's something that's really beneficial for a character-focused series like Tales, and the second because Tales games have so much content spread around that they really needed to do something to make finding and completing them more efficient and accessible to players.

It's pretty clunky, but I also feel like the series has been on auto-pilot in many ways for several games now, so the clunkiness is rather welcome. At least for now. Hopefully they recognize what works, what doesn't work, and what doesn't work now but could work if they made some refinements, and use that knowledge in future games.

Slow evening for the farming, managed to get 12 Battle titles and 5 Battle Challenge titles off the list, but I now have a technique down to get quite a lot of Battle Challenge titles at the same time so tomorrow there shouldn't be that many of that variety left.
11/6/12 titles left in each categories and Grade just went past the 8000 mark!

edit one day later : Battle Challenge titles ALL GET! Current Grade is at 8620, and 8640 in 7 more link arts. If I max the affection for the 3 remaining characters it could boost me to 9140 Grade. Dunno if I'll do that now or just wait until it fills up naturally during NG+

edit 2 : well got only Elise left to max affection so I guess I'll do it now :p 13 more Friend Link S and the trophy is mine.

edit 3 : Well, 9140 Grade GET as everyone is at 10 hearts ! I need to go to every area and get all treasure boxes and also figure out why I can't transfer the kizuna weapons even though I have one =(

edit 4, a day after : gonna need to get the 152 random treasures I have left for the title, you can't continue to up the counter in NG+ on nodes you already scavenged the first time through. Once it's done I think I'll start NG+ for real, everything I need to do still needs a lot more levels and 10x exp will help me. However, I'll be rushing through NG+ to just get the different outcomes in some choices, then start almost directly NG++ and that time though I'll be redoing the game like the first time thru, getting everything (also making sure I get each enemy for the database, as some can change into uniques in an alternate world or in some character chapters) and making a third choice at some point in the story. Once at the end I'll make my way to level 200 and do every high-level sidequests/crafts. The platinum and a near 100% is near. Only thing missing is the "get all SP upgrades on every farmable enemy"...I thought I would do it but I won't have the patience :D At least I'd be able to in the future IF I happen to change my mind again.

Netto-kun

BMG for the new Tales costumes. :eek:

Ruca (normal): Break Through with the Sword
Ruca (rare): Battle: Mathias Venus
Dymlus (normal): Common Destiny
Dymlos (rare)&#65306;Justice and An Edge
Shiina (normal)&#65306;Fatalize
Shiina (rare)&#65306;Fighting of the Spirit

Jubern

Sheiiit, might just buy the Dymlos costume...

Varion

Kind of want. All the Destiny references in the game as it is are making me want to pick it up again.

Still pushing through at full force trying to get the plat. 8615 grade, 77% trophies. Mostly just battle challenges, the last 2 endings and the arena stuff to do with a few other bits. Ending's soured the whole experience but I can give it a few more days so I don't lose my all PS3 Tales games platinumed streak and because I want to see the cameo stuff.

Well, NG+ done in 10h. As I said, I rushed through it just to get different outcomes to some choices.
I will begin NG++ tomorrow I guess and this time it's gonna take longer than 10 hours to complete of course. This is going to be my final run, where I supposedly get everything that's left. Although I would really like to know what are the items we can steal on those 3 bosses :
Nahatigal(Bunshi) from Rowen Episode 3, Maxwell(Bunshi) from Milla Episode 6 and Agria(Bunshi) from Alvin Episode 4
. I don't think those are unique items but if they somehow are, it would be a shame to not try and get them. Only, Leia doesn't get the chance to steal very often in those fights.

edit : figured out the
Maxwell(Bunshi)
item, it was an Element Mantle.

Bladenic

That list is mighty impressive, especially Fatalize. One of my favorite boss tracks in the series. Now that I think about it, Symphonia characters haven't really had their costumes in many games have they? All I can think of is Kratos and Lloyd (before Sheena in this game).

Shouta

About 24 hours in and after Ch 9. I'm really digging this so far. It's not as smooth as Xillia 1 was as that game was much more centered on the story and progressed around it but I'm a story to doing random stuff ratio in this compared to other games, I'm quite enjoying it. Plus, I really like the characters a lot. This might be my favorite cast overall now.

Varion

Cameo end is brilliant. That is all.

Missed having one in Xillia so it was great actually having one this time, especially as I actually knew half of them (still haven't played Phantasia). And that BGM... nostalgia fuzziness all around when
the start of Common Destiny kicked in

Got all the battle challenges now, just got the rest of the cat items to find and some more link artes and chains to get those trophies and then I'm done with the platinum, should be able to finish that up tomorrow.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
kayos, you and I are in the same boat. Seriously. And then we have finals coming up. -_-

I'm contemplating taking the weekend off from studying and stuff to play a bit and try to get this game finished. But then that would have me skip lots of the optional stuff in the game. Hmmmm. It's too bad this isn't portable like Persona 4: Golden is. And I said I'd play a bit of All-Stars Racing: Transformed this weekend as well. :|

Too many games this time of year. >:|

Varion

Finally got it. 130 hours playtime in the end, got the platinum, still had a few titles left but I'm happy with just the platinum.

Coming away from it with pretty much the same opinion I had after my first playthrough, it was a great game overall (that wasn't without its flaws - tons of area reuse, the debt system getting in the way of the pacing especially in the second half, etc) sabotaged at the last moment by the most disappointing ending I've sat through in a long, long time. Such a waste.

Sagitario

Nooooooooooo! I don't want to buy costumes! D:
(if this game ever gets released here)

WOW! I had never heard the SoulCalibur version of Fatalize (I didn't even know there was Tales music in Legends):
SoulCalibur Legends - Fatalize

I was saying this in another thread last night, but I'll mention it here. I ended up playing Graces f last night to compare the physics and animation speeds to Xillia 2's because Graces f is considerably slower than Xillia 1 (ugh, it sounds like I'm talking about a freaking Sonic game because I'm talking about speed and who talks about physics and animation speeds in RPGs >:|). The slower speed and recovery times worked because you needed to switch between styles and recover from it, and the weak hit meter compensated for that as it kept the combo going while you're trying to recover. I think in terms of speed, it's Xillia 1 > Xillia 2 = Graces, maybe. But the rate at which Asbel, Cheria, and Hubert's artes hit, it feels like Graces' system works fast. They hit hard, and they hit often.

I think I'm starting to understand why I played that game so much. Three times, with almost 300 hours from scratch combined. It's not my game of the generation, but fuck, I had tons of fun with it and that's what matters the most to me. One of my favourite battle systems this generation. Tops every Tales game released this gen by far. Xillia 2 seems to try to create a happy medium between Xillia and Graces in terms of the battle system (and it's definitely a more decent balanced attempt at it than Xillia 1 was), but I still prefer Graces as a game overall.

Other things:
- Alvin's speed was nerfed as well. His O combos aren't as easy to connect. His O + Left on analog stick combo is less fluid as well (edit: less attacks given even at AC9 - and he just shoots after swiping with a sword when his sword combo seemed to be longer in Xillia 1 before firing off his gun). If Alvin's speed was decreased and I felt like he was the slowest character in Xillia 1, that means everyone was slowed down to a degree to allow for animation completion and recovery. This is a double-edged sword, imo. I like it in some cases, and in others I don't like it.

- Elise seems to physically attack more slowly and she seems to take a recovery time. I'm not going to talk about spellcasting because I'm hoping she'll get something that'll speed up her casting a little (she used to cast pretty fast imo). I didn't check but I'm hoping she gets Pikohan Revenge in this.

- Rowen is Rowen (Rowen was always slow to move around anyway). Meaning that if he gets the skills that he needs to do what I want him to do, he'll be fine.

- Playing as Jude in Xillia 1 and playing as Jude in Xillia 2 is like... playing two completely different people. It's kind of weirding me out. I can fire off 3-4 Houtsuikens in one place and annihilate enemies in one go in Xillia 1, but Jude needs recovery time in Xillia 2 which makes tons of sense (not being sarcastic; Jude never had recovery time in Xillia 1 and it was kind of strange). I think I loved maining Jude because he was broken as hell. You could get out of boss battles with him unscathed. He was just too fast for the opponent. That's why you could break the game with him. I'm glad they made Jude slower and easier to beat on, but I'm kind of sad that the powerhouse isn't there anymore. But it's Ludger's story, not Jude's. He's the one who's supposed to have the fanciest attacks and mechanics. So I can deal, even if it bugs the heck out of me a little in that I have to relearn the character.

- Switching it up between Blades, the Hammer to knock up, and the Guns to knock down with L1 + O is ridiculously fun. I could farm for E Cores all day with that shit. At least I'm busy "not playing the game" while playing the game. That says something (this is a good thing--not playing the game qualifies as not going through the story at a quick pace, but even then, I feel like the game has relatively poor pacing).

- Gun combos on flying enemies makes me laugh.

- The more I play this game, the more flaws I see, even though I find it more enjoyable than Xillia 1.

Edit: Last post of the page. Yay. :|

300 hours on Graces o_O
I loved the game, I spent a lot of time with it (+180~190 hours)... but DAMN!
I little sad to hear that characters aren't broken anymore (I really love controlling overpowered characters).
Thanks for the impressions. I can't wait for Xillia 1/2 :)

FSLink

Banned
WOW! I had never heard the SoulCalibur version of Fatalize (I didn't even know there was Tales music in Legends):
SoulCalibur Legends - Fatalize

Whoa, this is neat. Never heard this before.

Man I need to get back to this game, some of the good and not so good impressions posted by you guys have me interested in getting to those parts myself. But with Persona 4 Golden, New Super Mario Bros U (+ other Wii U stuff), Paper Mario Sticker Star, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, and practicing UMvC3.....probably not for awhile especially with work. :(

EDIT: And I still need to finish Graces f. In the last dungeon of the f arc and have yet to do the extra dungeons.

Finally got it. 130 hours playtime in the end, got the platinum, still had a few titles left but I'm happy with just the platinum.

Grats!
I'm still at 116 hours playtime, just beat the 7th chapter on my third playthrough.
I envy you for being happy with just the platinum, seriously...I'm OCD about getting everything, it's like I can't bear leaving something I know of :D
I could have gotten the platinum by now but I don't want to get it while missing weapons and monsters in the encyclopedia. At least not when I KNOW they're missing ^^ If by some off-chance I don't know about something, then I guess it wouldn't matter but I'm almost 100% sure I won't miss anything after my third playthrough.
It takes time though to search every area each time you enter an alternate world, while making sure there are no unique enemies in them too (looking at you, the bees from Samangan Road - they morph into Arrow Bees I think they're called in some alternate worlds).

Once I'm in post-game one more time, I will first level up a bit and get the 7 titles I'm missing (6 of them are related to trophies actually, the other one is for 150 rare monsters and I'm under 20 left to kill for that). Then I'll need to farm to get every item from the poker minigame, arena, crafting if not already done by then, and hidden dungeon. Hopefully by then I'll be done and happy with it ;)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Don't tell me it got bad between them, because Jude's legit a good character in this game.

Hah, I decided to finish FF4 SNES asap. I left it hanging too long.

Sagitario said:
300 hours on Graces o_O
I loved the game, I spent a lot of time with it (+180~190 hours)... but DAMN!
Mind you, I still have my EU Day 1 Edition to go through.

kayos90

Don't tell me it got bad between them, because Jude's legit a good character in this game.

Hah, I decided to finish FF4 SNES asap. I left it hanging too long.

Mind you, I still have my EU Day 1 Edition to go through.

Jude is fucking awesome in this game. It seems like a few characters remained the same while others have made drastic changes over the past year. Tops to Jude and Elise. They're great. Gaius is freaking awesome too.

Seriously though. After that one episode between Jude and Milla, they need to just get married or something. Jeez.

Finished the game with the normal and 'good' endings last night. Took 76 hours but I did do all the character events, most of the quests and loads of titles and did everything on hard. Which generally wasn't quite that bad, but a certain boss early on was hellish.
Yes, Volt, you.
Generally really liked the game overall though (and the final boss is my favourite in a Tales game, much as the fight before it was awful
because of infinite time stop and random healing, but the section after you beat Bisley the first time when you get the ultimate shell and that awesome arrange of the OP kicks in, followed by the actual final battle ending with a special hiougi is just too good)
, but probably not quite as much as the original overall.

Spoilers for both the normal and true endings:
Feel like the only one but I hated both of the endings though. It's been a fair while since a game ending's left me feeling quite so empty. The normal one (which I got first) is just utterly miserable, which while it fits with the rest of the game at least made me hope the 'good' end wouldn't be. But that is too. Considering everything they'd been through I though the least I could hope for was Ludger and Elle getting to be happy together, but apparently even that was too much to hope for.

What makes it even worse is Origin though, considering how utterly twisted the whole thing was I was looking forward to sticking a lance through his face, and yet somehow he ends up getting portrayed like a nice guy of all things. Despite Ludger having to sacrifice himself and practically have to wish for mass genocide (you can't spend the game letting us get attached to alternate Mira, Elle who herself is from another world, etc and brush off making the whole lot vanish) in order to clean up Origin's mess and save one little girl who'd done nothing wrong, and all he has to say is pretty much 'Yeah I like people, guess you'll have to keep proving yourself to me :)'. And everyone's fine with that. Really? I ended up feeling sympathetic towards Bisley, much as I hated what he did using Elle it was amazing how little anyone else seemed bothered by what all the Crusniks had to go through (you've collected them all? Congratulations, now go kill someone, just because.) because of how the whole thing was set up. Ludger just didn't get a break, not one.

Bad end I'll have to get for the trophy but it's being scene skipped and the fight done on easy. Don't even want to see that thank you very much. Hate it when there's rewards for seeing bad ends unless they're directly plot relevent or something, which this one isn't.

Jumping in to say this is pretty much exactly how I feel about that ending. What a way to ruin an otherwise great game.

Shouta

Jude is fucking awesome in this game. It seems like a few characters remained the same while others have made drastic changes over the past year. Tops to Jude and Elise. They're great. Gaius is freaking awesome too.

Seriously though. After that one episode between Jude and Milla, they need to just get married or something. Jeez.

I don't like really like Milla in this very much. What I mean is
I don't like the ToX1 Milla, lol. I kind of actually liked the alternate world Milla more. The clueless, worldly inept one is kind of annoying now compared to the poor and sad one. They differentiated between the two pretty well.
Props to the writers and Sawashiro on that point though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I have to disagree... but that might be my taste in characters.

But then I recall that Shouta thinks it's cuuuuuuuuuuute. :p

Shouta

Well, tsundere ain't a bad thing but it really isn't that. It sort of is an issue with the writing and how they setup the story and the personalities. It may change when I finish the game but it's a matter of how she fits within the whole thing more than just the fact it possibly tickles my like meter.

kayos90

Alt Milla was pretty well characterized. Sawashiro just made the character even better. There's a stark contrast in how they behave and how they view things. Very cool. Plus AltMillaxLudger pairing suckers!!!

3rd playthrough done, now to get the last trophies and finish every end-game content.
Checklist seems like this right now:
- Get every item from the Poker minigame.
- Finish every round in the arena with every character
- Finish any red quests
- Get all enemies and items from the hidden dungeon
- Get to lvl200
- Exterminate all Giganto Monsters
- Pay off the debt entirely
- Buy everything in the special shops and craft every item possible
- Farm for link artes and chains
I guess that's what I need to do, hope I don't miss anything with this.

At the end of Chapter 15 (damn each time I see this chapter I'm so ;_; ) I made a different choice than normal and got 3 new weapons in the mail for Ludger O_O Somehow it's related to a hidden affection parameter for
Elle, Bisli and Julius
and ended up triggering it. So glad I got it, I would've been pissed off if I'd found out about this afterwards.

Muse isn't what i expected her to be .

BUt she is still an intresting character to use ..

I was also kinda happy to see the Elle + elise bonus scenes in chapter 8

Still enjoying this game.

Oh well the Giganto Monsters EX were a really great source of experience and money! Managed to go to lv200 and pay off the debt at the same time :D Plus, still a good way to grind more link artes and chain links uses.

Finished low and high ranks at the arena in both modes, will do the EX rank (multiple times to get every enemy) once I beat the hidden dungeon's final boss.

Won at poker and got every item there, finished one third of the hidden dungeon but something unexpected happened : I got one item from there on my first playthrough and it was a Kizuna Weapon for Ludger...but I couldn't transfer it over 'cause the Grade Shop did not show an entry to inherit Kizuna Weapons. Now in my third playthrough I got back in there as I said, checked the shop and found out......the weapon isn't there anymore, and I obviously do not have it in my inventory, so yeah I can't get a powerful pistol now =(
Fortunately the weapon does not seem to be used in some other way so I won't miss out on a craft or special event and it's registered in the item encyclopedia.

Thus a good day overall, went way quicker than expected. Had a bit of a scare with that disappearing weapon but I guess it's all well in the end.

3Kaze

Just finished chapter 12. The cutscene leading to
Victor
's battle was amazing, and the fight itself was fun too. I have been enjoying the game more since I'm done with the Liese Maxia maps.

Tomorrow is going to be Platinum trophy day!

Only need 519 link artes and 295 chain links for the last 2 titles and the 10000 Grade limit so if I output 12 link artes and 7 chain links per OVL gauge, starting from the bottom, that makes 44 full gauges correctly done to get the trophies and at the same time the platinum!

Other things I really need include getting 323 more
bells
from the hidden dungeon to be able to get all remaining items from the shop and also farming the Tag EX arena battle and hope to see the 3 boss party members I'm still missing in the enemy encyclopedia.

Once everything mentioned above is done I'll be officially done with the game.
I took a peek at every craftable item I have left, and all materials can be crafted or farmed with cats or on some enemies so yeah, it takes a whole damn while to get everything but you can't miss out on anything at that point.
I will postpone the completion of every craft for now and will come back to it in a few. In the meantime I will treat it as another 100% complete Tales game.

i had 650 Yens left on my japanese account so i took muse 's sheena costume and so other things.

the madoka and code geass costumes are 500 yen ? is the 200 yen difference the power of the franchises ?

Will provide screenshots and impressions on those dlc tonight .

Top Bottom