• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

BY2K

Membero Americo
WTF are the Old Vicalle Mines? Guides keep mentioning that but the only mines I know are the one Jude and Leia go to. And if that's the right place then I can't find the devil beast there.

Bladenic

WTF are the Old Vicalle Mines? Guides keep mentioning that but the only mines I know are the one Jude and Leia go to. And if that's the right place then I can't find the devil beast there.

They are north of the Leronde entrance. Not exactly hard to miss if you check the map lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I had this exact same problem. I was wandering around Felgana Mine for ages going "WHERE IS THIS DEVIL'S BEAST???"

To get to Old Vicalle Mines, take a right after leaving Leronde, instead of a left. You never have to visit there during the course of the story.

go to your hometown. up, to the right.

mobs there are like lvl 40 to be sure.

Sorian

Banned
go to your hometown. up, to the right.

mobs there are like lvl 40 to be sure.

Hehe just got a quest to go in there and fight some bandits (I'm level 26-27), walked in and got into a fight with some crabs. Killed them after using like 8 life bottles and got 900 xp (which was nice) then said fuck it and I'll come back later :p

Hehe just got a quest to go in there and fight some bandits (I'm level 26-27), walked in and got into a fight with some crabs. Killed them after using like 8 life bottles and got 900 xp (which was nice) then said fuck it and I'll come back later :p

its a good place to train. just have elize and leia in your party. have water guard equipped too.

RalchAC

When you are in Voltea Forest, there are to paths. One guides you to the mine you are mentioning, the other to another area in the forest. You have to enter in the second area. Then press square and you will see in the map where you have to go to enter in the dungeon.

I've went there for a sidequest involving some bandits and the enemies where a little overleveled. But you get like 1000 exp for every battle. The enemies were tough but bearable if you know how to play decently (I was lvl 25) so I do the sidequest and beat some enemies with an +60% exp bonus. And made a 160 hit combo... it could have been more it the enemy hadn't died *sigh*.
______

So far, I'm loving the story in the game. I have finished the Chapter 1 and have to travel to Xian Du or whatever it's called. I'm nearly 20 hours in the game, but I think it's becuase I'm doing nearly every sidequest I can. The only flaws I found are that the backstep and jumps are somewhat floaty and the open but empty scenarios becuase I'm used to looking for every treasure in every area.

But linking characters is awesome, there are lots and lots of skits and dialogues (which is one of my favorites things about Tales of) and the story is pretty cool and well paced. I have heard that the last part is more rushed, but I've felt that in nearly every Tales of game. I usually get hooked the last few hours in those games only becuase I like the characters and the battle system (I only finished Graces becuase of its amazing gameplay wise, I only liked Pascal).

Rhapsody

Banned
This game is toying with me. Found 3 different bags all with black feathers in the same area and I still can't carry anymore feathers. I still haven't been able to go back and give my feathers to the guy because of the story.

Sorian

Banned
its a good place to train. just have elize and leia in your party. have water guard equipped too.

I figured as much. I'll leave it for now though. I get the feeling it is already going to be super easy to out level this game and I hate when I do that. Playing on hard and no real issues yet (don't know what a game over looks like) but if any come up, I know the place to go for now.

drakkykun

This game is so badly balanced, even on Hard. I've just unlocked the accessory that restores 3% TPs over time and Elize became such an unstoppable warmachine that I'm wrecking everything. What happened to Graces' Chaos mode?

ohlawd

Golden Mage Knight. Holy shit.

What a dick. Beat him, though. My Fell Arms aren't doing as much as I thought they would.

Using the 2nd strongest weapon on Milla, I deal 400-500 on the flying bird dudes in Magnus Zero. Using her Fell Arm, I do 600-700. She's got over 2k kills too.

Now I'm just going through MZ to get materials to get all shops to lvl 100 and occasionally beat some monsters to get to lvl 99 - avg lvl is about 93, Elize is 97 (whattabeast)

Bladenic

Already losing interest in getting the Platinum :( I'm at 78%. Still need 2 shops at level 99 (waiting for x3 is so annoying). Somehow I'm missing 2 monsters which is very annoying. Really hope I won't have to do that one on a second playthrough. Still have a whopping 350 battles to fight for the cooking trophy, 50 for the battle trophy, and 42 rare enemies to fight. The skit one will be easy so I don't care about that one. And the second playthrough. I hope I can push through and get the Platinum, I stopped at Graces with about 91% done, I should really go back and get it. And the item one, I'm at 595/700. That one's gonna be a pain the ass for sure.

I already know I'm not even thinking about trying to get Xillia 2 platinum. It's like Xillia, except 3 times worse. You have to do everything 3 times as many times as in Xillia.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Getting 1000/1000 in vesperia stopped me from being a tales completionist. That had sooooo much mundane stuff in it.

Is Alvin or Rowan any good to play as? Or are they just completely overshadowed by Jude/Milla? (I'm guessing on Milla just because she's a main character). Is it like play as them because you like them but don't expect to be able to get things done the way you would with one of the mains?

Bladenic

Is Alvin or Rowan any good to play as? Or are they just completely overshadowed by Jude/Milla? (I'm guessing on Milla just because she's a main character). Is it like play as them because you like them but don't expect to be able to get things done the way you would with one of the mains?

Well nobody can even come close to Jude.

Rowen is awesome. Does insane damage once you have his skills set properly.

I haven't played Alvin much- just haven't got the hang of him.

chrono01

Uh... when you press Triangle do her battle stats show up on the right? Or is she just accompanying you and not participating in battle like Milla has been?
She was definitely in my party, I could equip her with other armor and participate in battle alongside her.

I'm not sure what happened, personally. I chose to purchase it, had the confirmation that points were added to the Weapon Shop, and then nothing. I was surprised since it normally asks you if you want to equip your new item after purchasing, and when I went to my inventory it wasn't there. The Gald for the purchase was gone, as well. I purchased it again and everything went fine.

Probably just one of those extremely rare situations.

demidar

Y'all people trying to get the platinum are insane. Insane I tell you!

It's always been the case that equipping those 3% TP recovery accessories on a spellcaster means limitless TP, not that building TP in this game is very hard anyway, but it keeps the casters casting without having to get close and risk dying.

Rhapsody

Banned

Rowen becomes really good later. He gets skills to cast faster if you cast the same spell right after, also has an ability to resume where you left off on a spell cast if you were interrupted. Fireball is a good spell for fast spell cast times and causing burn status, and Tidal Wave is pretty strong.

IMO, every character's really strong, it's just that Jude is amazing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Already losing interest in getting the Platinum :( I'm at 78%. Still need 2 shops at level 99 (waiting for x3 is so annoying). Somehow I'm missing 2 monsters which is very annoying. Really hope I won't have to do that one on a second playthrough. Still have a whopping 350 battles to fight for the cooking trophy, 50 for the battle trophy, and 42 rare enemies to fight. The skit one will be easy so I don't care about that one. And the second playthrough. I hope I can push through and get the Platinum, I stopped at Graces with about 91% done, I should really go back and get it. And the item one, I'm at 595/700. That one's gonna be a pain the ass for sure.

I already know I'm not even thinking about trying to get Xillia 2 platinum. It's like Xillia, except 3 times worse. You have to do everything 3 times as many times as in Xillia.
You can do it! Some monsters are only available on Milla's route, so that's how you'll easily get it.

The best way to get materials is to keep looping the EX dungeon and getting more materials that way. That's how I ended up doing it (keep monocles and hunters' monocles equipped on your active party for more item drops from monsters). Yes, I fully beat the EX dungeon more than twice. I beat the EX dungeon so many times that I can do the whole thing without looking at the maps on the wiki. I beat the EX dungeon on unknown a few times. I really have come to dislike that EX dungeon. I can't stand it. Fuck Magna Zero.

And I told you that you'd need to do cooking earlier on in the game, right as you get access to food the first time. I ended up doing everything on my first playthrough, too. I do think you can carry over the records to the next playthrough, but to be safe, since you have stuff to do in this playthrough anyway, might as well do it here.

I didn't have too much trouble with the items trophy both times I did it. Remember that it counts Items/Tools, food (buy all of the dish types. All of them), Weapons, Helmets, Body Armour, Accessories, Clothes/costume accessories, Materials, Valuables. Just remember to buy everything. Or save, then sell off everything to have money to buy stuff, buy everything, let the trophy pop, then reload.

The rare enemies, just go outside of the part of the Sapstrath Forest close to Sharilton, then keep going in and out. You'll see Strong! monsters or Bacuras generate most of the time you go in and out of the forest. Those count towards the rare monster trophy.

The second playthrough should take you about 5-6 hours if you decide to carry over half of your levels and the fell arms (they'll be powered up when you carry them over). It won't take long at all. Skip most of the cutscenes since they take time.

Y'all people trying to get the platinum are insane. Insane I tell you!
This game's platinum isn't even hard. It's boring.

Xillia 2's is even more boring because it's the same thing only you do it more times.

chrono01

jude's backstep is whats amazing :D

and how he has a billion artes lol.
Jude is amazing because he uses his bare fists [and martial arts] to fight. You don't get that often in JRPG's, especially ones with combat as great as this.

It makes the whole game refreshing to play. I actually look forward to battles.

Xillia 2's is even more boring because it's the same thing only you do it more times.
Well I guess I won't be getting Platinum in either Tales of Xillia or Tales of Xillia 2.

My backlog is way too large for me to focus on it, especially if it's as boring as you say. :(

Thanks for the answers guys

Any suggestions on awesome skill/arte setup for Jude? I just recently got the palm strike move (maybe lvl 15 or 16ish?) and I really like that, along with the one I forget the name of that is basically a 5 hit combo or so. Outside of them I'm wondering what I should make sure to take along and more importantly, what I should be "using" in case they get upgraded somehow like in other Tales

Thanks for the answers guys

Any suggestions on awesome skill/arte setup for Jude? I just recently got the palm strike move (maybe lvl 15 or 16ish?) and I really like that, along with the one I forget the name of that is basically a 5 hit combo or so. Outside of them I'm wondering what I should make sure to take along and more importantly, what I should be "using" in case they get upgraded somehow like in other Tales

use w/e. all his moves flow together quite well. heck you can just spam palmstrike and be super efficient (its actually oneo f the better strategies on bosses lol).

demidar

Insanity comes from boredom you know. At least when something is hard it still elicits emotions (of anger). But if you guys really want to go for it then more power to you.

I think that Leia is the most fun character to play in this game, because her air game is superb. The only thing missing from her toolset would be a skill that lets you hit the ground really fast like Milla so I can do that thing in DBZ when you smash a guy down from the air then appear underneath them and smash them back up.

BY2K

Membero Americo
*Beats Golden Mage Knight*

Oh that wasn't so...

*splits in two*

Ooooh, I get it, you're gonna one of th...

*Check HP, 100k each*

*Cries*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
there are platinums that aren't boring?
I had fun with the Graces f platinum, the Sound Shapes platinum, the Sonic Generations platinum, and for the most part, the AC2 platinum (the feathers was the silliest trophy in the game, admittedly). Pac-Man CE DX's 100% was reaaaaally fun, but that's because I adore that game whole-heartedly. I would probably do the Sleepy Dogs platinum, but I just don't feel like installing the game on my PS3 again. Most VNs' platinums basically make you beat the game completely with all endings, anyway, so they aren't really boring. You simply play the game regularly.

A friend of mine had said that he had fun with the Saints Row 2 1000G, and I imagine it would be. He did the Vesperia 1000G, and while he liked the game a lot, I don't think he liked getting the 1000G for it.

In general, though, I feel like platformer games' platinums or 100%s are really fun because you're basically doing the same thing you would do if you decide to complete the game. RPG platinums do have a tendency to be kind of grindy. Some games I haven't 100%'d or platinum'd, I would do, but I'm kinda lazy to. And for some games, like Sonic Unleashed and El Shaddai, I like the games too much to even think about pursuing the platinum, as I'm convinced that I'd hate them if I did.

I would certainly go for the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood platinum because that game's like comfort food to me, but the stupid multiplayer trophies. >:|

Bladenic

Insanity comes from boredom you know. At least when something is hard it still elicits emotions (of anger). But if you guys really want to go for it then more power to you.

I think that Leia is the most fun character to play in this game, because her air game is superb. The only thing missing from her toolset would be a skill that lets you hit the ground really fast like Milla so I can do that thing in DBZ when you smash a guy down from the air then appear underneath them and smash them back up.

Leia missing all of Milla's aerial skills is a bummer and missed opportunity. And if I'm being honest, she's probably my least favorite character to play as :( except maybe Elize.

And thanks DS, I'll keep trudging. I mainly just want to get most of them out of the way so I can just do the second play and be done, but I may just do second playthrough and finish up there.

Oh and for the rare monster one, I assume you mean the South west exit of the forest? There are two entrances. One is the main entrance with a save point with no enemies at the forest and one on the field. The SW entrance has 2 enemies in the forest, I assume that would be the one.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
For Chapter 3, yeah. If you want to get some quests done that are specific to Chapter 3, you should probably get them done now. IIRC, there are only three such quests. One in Hamil, one in Fennmont's medical school, and one in Shan Du (near the NW elevator)

Oh and for the rare monster one, I assume you mean the South west exit of the forest? There are two entrances. One is the main entrance with a save point with no enemies at the forest and one on the field. The SW entrance has 2 enemies in the forest, I assume that would be the one.
Yep, that one. One of them will be either Strong! or a Bacura.

SaintZ

Well I finally beat the game and really... the final boss was... really easy D: I had more trouble fighting
his "first form" with just Milla and Jude.

I'm looking around now to see if I can find some sidequests (I'm 77/90 -_-) and I'm realizing just now that I didn't know there was a lava area in the game until a guy asked me to go and fight a monster there lmao.

I knew I was missing something when said monster popped out in the colliseum but still, it was funny.

I played non stop til 5 am yesterdat so I'm not sure I'm in the mood to tackle the EX dungeon just yet.

demidar

Leia missing all of Milla's aerial skills is a bummer and missed opportunity. And if I'm being honest, she's probably my least favorite character to play as :( except maybe Elize.

And thanks DS, I'll keep trudging. I mainly just want to get most of them out of the way so I can just do the second play and be done, but I may just do second playthrough and finish up there.

I should try Elize, Terror is such a strong status effect and she can shoot giant evil lasers. The only downside is that she doesn't have any fast casting skills or spell queuing like Rowen so getting spells off would be pretty hard without a tank, and enemies love going for the player.

Bladenic

Well I finally beat the game and really... the final boss was... really easy D: I had more trouble fighting
his "first form" with just Milla and Jude.

I'm looking around now to see if I can find some sidequests (I'm 77/90 -_-) and I'm realizing just now that I didn't know there was a lava area in the game until a guy asked me to go and fight a monster there lmao.

I knew I was missing something when said monster popped out in the colliseum but still, it was funny.

I played non stop til 5 am yesterdat so I'm not sure I'm in the mood to tackle the EX dungeon just yet.

Let me get on twitter so we can talk about it :)

What difficulty were you on for final boss? It's not hard so much as time consuming, but it's still pretty easy to die if you're not careful.

SaintZ

Let me get on twitter so we can talk about it :)

What difficulty were you on for final boss? It's not hard so much as time consuming, but it's still pretty easy to die if you're not careful.
I was on normal lol. But really... I didn't have any troubles at all...
He didn't perform his Mystic Arte once. I did take out Muzét first (and stole her items, bless Leia)

Finalow

I'm trying to get this platinum too, I'm not sure if I'm really going to get it or I just give up before that.
right now I'm doing the awful EX dungeon for the third time. s-so bad

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jesus H Christ with 2x and 5x Experience (yes they stack) I went up 10 levels with the first battle with Agria.

I'm gonna be 99 by the time I get to Nactigal!

Finalow

Jesus H Christ with 2x and 5x Experience (yes they stack) I went up 10 levels with the first battle with Agria.

I'm gonna be 99 by the time I get to Nactigal!
what do, get those level 99 trophies in the ng+ or in the current run where I'm at level 85-90.
uhm, it takes forever in this run to level up even at the EX dungeon and you can finish ng+ with all those bonuses in like 5 hours.

Okay, so the black feather guy. I'm guessing its all cumulative? I keep giving him feathers and when it hits certain points I get stuff? But then I'm not supposed to use the "points" I get from them to buy stuff from him until I collect them all or something to that effect?

demidar

Okay, so the black feather guy. I'm guessing its all cumulative? I keep giving him feathers and when it hits certain points I get stuff? But then I'm not supposed to use the "points" I get from them to buy stuff from him until I collect them all or something to that effect?

He'll keep track of the feathers you collect so feel free to spend the points. You can see how many you have in total by checking the pertinent title in the titles screen.

He'll keep track of the feathers you collect so feel free to spend the points. You can see how many you have in total by checking the pertinent title in the titles screen.

Thanks, okay I just talked to him but then didn't bother buying anything. Does he actually take the feathers from you? What category do they fall under, valuables? Because I don't see any in my inventory anymore

Top Bottom