• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Well, I have Leia spamming items when I need them. I try that and she has healed herself during my Mystic Arte finisher. Suddenly she has more health than she did before I hit her with that. It's driving me nuts. I can play hard games, but I feel like this is cheap. Maybe my gear and levels aren't good enough.

Did you try playing as Alvin and just spamming Variable Trigger? Be linked with Jude for the boost to speed and let linked Elize and Leia heal and distract Gaius. Other option when she gets low is to spam Jude's Aqua Sweep to keep her down.

RangerBAD

Did you try playing as Alvin and just spamming Variable Trigger? Be linked with Jude for the boost to speed and let linked Elize and Leia heal and distract Gaius. Other option when she gets low is to spam Jude's Aqua Sweep to keep her down.

I linked to Alvin. I guess I could use him. Not really used to him.

I linked to Alvin. I guess I could use him. Not really used to him.

Set Variable Trigger to his center circle, press and hold it to shoot a variable trigger and charge. Once you're finished charging aim at Muzet and rapid fire until your last shot then charge again. Variable Trigger has infinite range and with the charge = guard break skill will basically prevent her from doing anything when she isn't doing link artes with Gaius or in OL

RangerBAD

Set Variable Trigger to his center circle, press and hold it to shoot a variable trigger and charge. Once you're finished charging aim at Muzet and rapid fire until your last shot then charge again. Variable Trigger has infinite range and with the charge = guard break skill will basically prevent her from doing anything when she isn't doing link artes with Gaius or in OL

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Rhapsody

Banned
Still having problems with the final fight. I managed to take down
Muzet
once and of course she gets back up. It's her Heavy Treat + Hourglass spam that gets me.

You should be linking with Leia to steal those items to prevent the bosses from using them.

Rhapsody

Banned
So that does work? You just steal it once or do you have to keep stealing it?

Yeah, just steal once and they can't use that item ever in that battle. Some enemies have 2 different items, so just steal twice.

If you can't remember how to steal, it's by causing a knockdown while linking with Leia.

Yeah, just steal once and they can't use that item ever in that battle. Some enemies have 2 different items, so just steal twice.

If you can't remember how to steal, it's by causing a knockdown while linking with Leia.

Also make sure you don't have a max of that item in your inventory -.-

Ok, I need help. I'm getting owned by Ivar as Jude. I played as Milla on this playthrough and not really familiar with his artes. His arte or skillseal is troublesome too. I tried to duke it out with him and lost twice lol. Nvm, took care of him. Had to practice Jude's backstep.

His character design reminds me of Haseo from .hack. Emo part too.

RangerBAD

Thanks to Rhapsody and BassForever I have finally triumphed over the final fight (on Hard)! Now I have to take on the Golden Knight Mage.

Anything I need to know for that fight and does Unknown difficulty give more EXP and Gald like most Tales games?

T
Anything I need to know for that fight and does Unknown difficulty give more EXP and Gald like most Tales games?

Harder difficulty levels in this game don't give higher EXP and Gald after battles.

Instead since the enemies have much more HP, you could get more combo exp due to all the hits they'll be taking.

Thanks to Rhapsody and BassForever I have finally triumphed over the final fight (on Hard)! Now I have to take on the Golden Knight Mage.

Congrats! Glad I was able to help

RangerBAD

Harder difficulty levels in this game don't give higher EXP and Gald after battles.

Instead since the enemies have much more HP, you could get more combo exp due to all the hits they'll be taking.

I knew that on Hard I wasn't getting more, but I thought Unknown might be a little different.

Bladenic

So if the NPD thread is to be believed, ToX sold over 100k first month. That's HUGE for Tales. Hope it's true, Namco should be legit happy with this (on par with NnK).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's good. It's nice to see Tales doing well in the west. Hopefully it'll encourage Namco to bring even some of the spinoffs over.

Namco should start looking into those Vita games.

But don't start with the probable Tempest R

Wouldn't Tempest R be the most interesting of the 3? Of the 3 DS titles Tempest was the one that could most use some love and improvement. Innocence DS was a very fun and the big of Hearts DS I played makes me froth at the mouth for an English patch to one day be finished.

Bladenic

Namco should start looking into those Vita games.

But don't start with the probable Tempest R

Yeah that won't happen lol. Not only because the Vita is still in a weak position WW, but also because I doubt they'll look back for more localizations. Xillia's sales probably means well for the future of the series.

Well, unless ToSC and Xillia 2 are mega bombas. More so Xillia 2 than ToSC.

Wouldn't Tempest R be the most interesting of the 3? Of the 3 DS titles Tempest was the one that could most use some love and improvement. Innocence DS was a very fun and the big of Hearts DS I played makes me froth at the mouth for an English patch to one day be finished.

Despite my hate for tempest , i'd be intrested in tempest R just to see just HOW MUCH they would have to change in order to make the game good ..this isn't some tweaks here and there ... it would need a complete REHAUL. ( dialog , world map , graphics, sound effects , battle system & story )

Just finished the game... Took me a very long time, because it didn't grab my interest and attention which is so weird because I was so hyped for years :/

Anyway.. I prefer Graces F in every term of Story / Characters / Battle system / world.. Expect the music and the art design which Xillia wins easily.

I feel that I will enjoy Xillia 2 much much more.

Finished it yesterday.
I love how the game handles new game+. You can keep on doing post game content after fighting the final boss and get to keep what you got in the last dungeon and you can import your save file at any time to start NG+.
I thought I would have to reload my save before entering the last dungeon and then beat the final boss again when I decided to move on to NG+, very cool.

I thought the devil arms would be the most powerful weapons in the game but I already got better weapons from shops and other sidequests which was surprising for me.
Still lots of stuff to do.

Loved the game from start to finish. The cast really grew on me. Loved the art direction. Enjoyed exploring every corner of the maps looking for loot.
Small touches like the conversations at the end of the battles are really nice and sometimes downright hilarious. Same for the skits.
I thought
Muzet's
VA was terrible, really stood out to me since everyone else did a good job.

RoeBear

I thought the devil arms would be the most powerful weapons in the game but I already got better weapons from shops and other sidequests which was surprising for me.

You unlock their full potential after completing the extra dungeon. They grow in strength based on the number of defeated monsters. Linked partners also gain the "kill" when you're linked with them.

demidar

You unlock their full potential after completing the extra dungeon. They grow in strength based on the number of defeated monsters. Linked partners also gain the "kill" when you're linked with them.

Linked partners gaining kills was a good thing, otherwise Elize would have a crappy Devil Arm even though I linked up with her with Rowen.

Necrovex

I am about to reach the end game but I want to ask how much longer I have:
I just went to that entrance hole to reach the sprit world. I just fought those two women.

Just finished the game, I clocked a little less than 25 hours in my playthrough. I didn't really do any side stuff, is it worth my time to go back and do the sub events?

I didn't really enjoy the game that much, but I don't regret my purchase at all... Tales games are my eternal guilty pleasure.

Asd202

Just finished the game... Took me a very long time, because it didn't grab my interest and attention which is so weird because I was so hyped for years :/

Anyway.. I prefer Graces F in every term of Story / Characters / Battle system / world.. Expect the music and the art design which Xillia wins easily.

I feel that I will enjoy Xillia 2 much much more.

Wow really Graces F story is better? Guess I won't be playing this game I consider Graces F story to be god awful.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Huh, I got the point where the game is telling me I'm near the end (confirmed it via walkthrough), and my save is only 35 hours. I didn't know this one of the shorter Tales games...

Wow really Graces F story is better? Guess I won't be playing this game I consider Graces F story to be god awful.

Xillia is 10x better than Graces F for story/characters. If somebody prefers Graces in any respect other than gameplay or mechanics than I don't even know what to say to them...

Yeah outside of one bad scene everything about xillia's story stomps graces. Unless they ignored all the warning to play Jude first and went with Milla and were lost because her story explains nothing on her side.

LuuKyK

How can someone even think that Graces characters and story are better than the ones in Xillia is beyond me. Opinions and stuff, but still.

ohlawd

How can someone even think that Graces characters and story are better than the ones in Xillia is beyond me. Opinions and stuff, but still.
People have wrong opinions all the time. Not really surprised by the amount of shit I read on interwebs.

Leia doe, she da best <3

Top Bottom