• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Is there any chance an overseas dlc costume voucher will work with my australian copy of the game? I know psn dlc doesnt work between regions but i'm not sure about voucher codes.

They released this DLC without any real word on it. Don't really care for the School costumes but I might look into the attachments. I doubt we'll get the Star Driver set but since we got IDOLM@STER anything is possible.

LuuKyK

I have to say I wasn't that fond of the idea of a Xillia 2 until late-game because I was afraid they would left the game completely open/inconclusive. But they managed to pick my interest with the way they treated the plot honestly. I cant wait to see how
the two worlds will really treat each other after the destruction of the schism. Its all flowers now, but, wild guess here, I think it wont end well. :lol Too much diference between both "worlds" and etc. We will see.

Damn. The one time I don't secretly check the thread. Enjoy the DLC, Septimus.

Exactly. ;-;

Is there any way to make it easier to get encounter links? The enemies are often spread far apart, and even when they're not, the enemies have to be REALLY close together when you aggro them for it to link

Did the team arena(both) a few days ago.

Don't think I want to go through that again. Which is strange because I've enjoyed arena's in every Tales game I've played previous to Xillia.

By this point I'm just spamming palm strike (or whatever element they are weak to) over and over again on bosses.

Since you can't combo them I realized that varying up your moves actually works against you versus spamming one arte over and over again.

30 hours in and picking Milla's side is now biting me in the ass. Just rejoined everyone else and I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore.

30 hours in and picking Milla's side is now biting me in the ass. Just rejoined everyone else and I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore.

I did kinda wonder about this when I played that section as Jude, i was like "Wait, none of this plot would make any sense as Milla, would it?'

Also, Gaius is the greatest badass ever.

FSLink

Banned
I did kinda wonder about this when I played that section as Jude, i was like "Wait, none of this plot would make any sense as Milla, would it?'

Also, Gaius is the greatest badass ever.

Yup, that's exactly the reason why people recommend Jude's side for the first playthrough.

Milla's story really should have been unlockable, too much key plot happens during Jude's story

It is a bit weird, I have to admit, to have her route as it is playable from the offset, judging by Jude's route in Chapter 4 (I haven't played Milla's route yet, so it's possible some things are explained separately. I'm guessing not, however.).

I feel like they tried to do a Star Ocean 2 thing with its separate male/female protagonist choice, but balanced it quite poorly. Playing Rena in SO2 I never really felt like I didn't get the (admittedly quite simple) plot, though Claude gave me some extra scenes here and there.

Bladenic

Milla's side honestly has no purpose for existing beside the chapter 4 stuff. They could have easily just made both playable sections in one playthrough instead of having 2 sides for Jude and Milla.

FSLink

Banned
Milla's side honestly has no purpose for existing beside the chapter 4 stuff. They could have easily just made both playable sections in one playthrough instead of having 2 sides for Jude and Milla.

You're forgetting Milla has the superior battle themes. :3

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Lol I hate it when the game REMINDS you to eat food. Like it tries to make me feel guilty for trying to use the food strategically.

PKrockin

Lol I hate it when the game REMINDS you to eat food. Like it tries to make me feel guilty for trying to use the food strategically.

The best when the same character is whining about being hungry repeatedly.

If you don't eat a lot, you'll never grow bazongas.

But you do need to trigger a lot of food effects to get the trophy, so I'm kind of glad it's there to remind me.

I finished this last week. Really enjoyed it, played as Jude. Just one thing I'm wondering if anyone wants to spoiler the Milla story a bit for me:

How did she come back to life? Wasn't too clear on that, or what the deal was with her magic legs fixing crystal falling out.

So, I pretty much finished the game now. It might be because of playing on Milla's side, but none of the antagonists were particularly interesting. Aside from that one part of the story, I can't imagine Jude's side making them any better.
Also Milla's side pretty much makes Muzét's presence in the game feel really tacked on.

So, I pretty much finished the game now. It might be because of playing on Milla's side, but none of the antagonists were particularly interesting. Aside from that one part of the story, I can't imagine Jude's side making them any better.
Also Milla's side pretty much makes Muzét's presence in the game feel really tacked on.

I'm going to say yeah, most of the build up for the final antagonists are in Jude only scenes.

I'm going to say yeah, most of the build up for the final antagonists are in Jude only scenes.

Well I don't just mean the final antagonists, I mean all of them through out the entire game. The King, Exodus, and the rest.
The Chimeria in particular were all really boring.

Also the audio quality is terrible in a lot of places throughout the game.

I'm having issues getting Tiger Blade Sigma to activate, I had no problems in the team arena but in magnus zero it never works :/

Edit: Then it instantly works the first time I try to use it after posting this -.- nvm

I missed like 45 enemies or so for the Enemy Scholar trophy. What's the easiest way to figure out which ones I missed without going and fighting every single enemy in the game again?

I'm pretty sure some of them were in the spirit world, so I'm screwed on that one until my second playthrough, but I don't think that will account for everything, and the in-game Monster Data Book doesn't appear to be numbered for easy reference. Any suggestions?

robotnik

I missed like 45 enemies or so for the Enemy Scholar trophy. What's the easiest way to figure out which ones I missed without going and fighting every single enemy in the game again?

I'm pretty sure some of them were in the spirit world, so I'm screwed on that one until my second playthrough, but I don't think that will account for everything, and the in-game Monster Data Book doesn't appear to be numbered for easy reference. Any suggestions?
Go to сoliseum.

Coliseum and bonus dungeon, there is like 50 enemies unique between the two.

Already finished the EX dungeon 5+ times while grinding all my characters up to Lv. 99, but never touched the coliseum. Didn't realize there were unique enemies there. Thanks

You'll need to beat the grand finals with at least 2 different characters. Everything else you only have to do once. Also ring outs count in the monster book

TheContact

Sometimes these events you watch by hitting Select are pretty ridiculous, not in the dialogue but the frequency. I'm glad they're optional but I watch them all anyway, but I just got literally 8 of them in a row, one after the other (just left lakutam highroad)

Neki

Did the team arena(both) a few days ago.

Don't think I want to go through that again. Which is strange because I've enjoyed arena's in every Tales game I've played previous to Xillia.

By this point I'm just spamming palm strike (or whatever element they are weak to) over and over again on bosses.

Since you can't combo them I realized that varying up your moves actually works against you versus spamming one arte over and over again.

aqua sweep + steel + aqua sweep + steel + aqua sweep + steel + linked arte

I swear that's all I ever do in a battle

So I just beat the game, think I clocked it over 40 hours with the bonus dungeon complete. Thoughts are the battle system was fun, but I never really felt I was ever comboing unless I was doing linked artes chains. In Tales of Grace F, the battle system was epic because I actually paid attention to my CC and tried to do creative combos except for some bosses, I felt like I was actually doing combos, but here, I don't really have motivation to look at my CC so I just spam the artes that do the most damage. I did like that I never ran out of TP in this game (dying + TP surge + all the tp skills you get), because in Vesperia I always felt like I was always low. I think Vesperia also made me feel like I was more control in the battle since you could some really cool combos with Yuri, and then there was the whole overlimit -> mystic arte thing.

The story was typical melodramatic anime stuff, so I think Vesperia has it beat there (just because Yuri is a badass), but I think the characters melded well better in skits and cutscenes, and even though there was a kid character, she wasn't actually too annoying. So Vesperia wins out in story/world building/exploring, Xillia wins out in characters/skits/crazy villain, and Tales of Grace F wins out in battle system/crafting/cooking.

So not sure if I should do Millia's playthrough or finish everything on Jude's. What is recommended to take on a new game plus?

And I can't wait for Tales of Xillia 2!

So not sure if I should do Millia's playthrough or finish everything on Jude's. What is recommended to take on a new game plus?

And I can't wait for Tales of Xillia 2!

Finish everything on Jude's playthough that you can, the more you do the more grade you can use on your NG+ with Milla.

PureGone

Banned
I got to the part
where you go to judes town and then go the mines
and now i just find the game really boring and repetitive and the story is so dull and the characters seem more and more unrelatable and that
new girl
is so freakin annoying.
Mining is the most stupidest game mechanic ever and the caves are so narrow that its hard to get behind the monsters
So i stopped playing, does it get any better, should i go back?

Top Bottom