• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia |OT| - Teach me about Bazongas!

Reveirg

I do like the music in Arc Rise Fantasia, and I have an ear for Mitsuda as well. But I'm gonna have to disagree about Xillia's music, I think it sounds great, and totally fits the game. Loving the atmospheric vibes, and the Chinese themed songs as well.

If there was one song that I'm not too keen on, it's Jude's battle theme. It's just too hard rock for me.

The vibes and asian instrumentation are great, but the arrangements are simplistic and there are no quality melodies anywhere. And none of the songs seem to be specifically composed for a specific scene or area. It's all generic, at least so far (beginning of chapter 2).

RPGCrazied

I like how you can equip hairstyles while keeping the original outfit. I'm rocking Jude's formal wear hairstyle while he is in normal costume. Also have the dagger attachment, its around his arm in a leather sheath.

I just honestly don't understand in this day and age how bad voice acting can exist. Someone sat down and listened to the lines and the delivery, solemnly stroked his chin and said "Yes. That's great."

I highly doubt it. How is this possible?

Lol , not only there is the cultural difference , but there is also the way voice are recorded across the very different studios that have a very different level of knowledge regarding some works.

There are just too many factors to expect a perfect job across languages.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Alvin: Oh. You swing both ways?

Best Tales character confirmed. That line fucking killed me.

EDIT: OH GOD ECHO. /Dead

aravuus

Is there a reason not to stay linked at all times? I know you get damage when your partner gets damage but it seems like a pretty tiny deal compared to all the bonuses.

Rowen is awesome. His artes are really fighting-gamey, and he's really fun to use (especially since most Tales mages are kinda clunky in manual use)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a reason not to stay linked at all times? I know you get damage when your partner gets damage but it seems like a pretty tiny deal compared to all the bonuses.

You also share TP and if one gets hit by a status ailment it will affect both. Seems like it should mostly be on anyway, but certain enemies/bosses should make that more of something to be aware of.

TheContact

I was wondering why the title has 《bazoongas》 in it but I just got Elly and her pet thing made a really awkward statement..

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I fight every monster on field maps, I try and find every glittering spec for materials. I do every single quest. I talk to every npc in towns. Yeah, I'm a freak. lol

You're RPGcrazied!. Anyone who went through the Xenoblade import thread years ago would expect no less.

I'm in some Apple orchard village really early on. Milla's voice doesn't bother me, but I liked Asbel and most of the cast of Graces so my judgement is suspect I guess.

Sagitario

My LE copy just shipped today, so it will be here in about 2~3 weeks.
And one of my CE got canceled (I gifted the other one to a friend), so no CE for me (at least for now).

#FirstWorldProblems ( ._.)

G0523

So after hearing about the horror stories you guys told me about Digital River and Ni no Kuni, I was scared that I had taken the risk in ordering the Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia through them on Namco Bandai's website after NewEgg dicked everyone over and cancelled all of the pre-orders.

However, I finally received the game today and it was in excellent condition! :D No dings or dents whatsoever! I'm so happy that everything worked out in the end! :D This was a gift for my boyfriend so it was especially important that I get this. He got it and he couldn't be happier! He's a huge fan of the Tales series and this absolutely made his day!

SYpQ2vn.jpg

Iceblade

Can anyone shed some light on just how much pertinent story info you miss out on as Mila? I really prefer her over the other guy, but I don't want to play through the game wondering where all the story beats went... Being confused about a story is one of my pet peeves.

Zafir

If only I could be so optimistic about Namco Bandai EU.

It was shipped out on tuesday according to tracking, and yet despite it being released tomorrow. It's still in god damn France. To top it off, I googled the places and it's gone from South East France, to North West France, for it then to go back to just south of Paris for some reason. What the hell?

09/08/2013 01:29 FR0094 Fleury Mérogis, France 2.0 Inbound to GLS location
08/08/2013 09:28 FR0029 PLOUEDERN, France 1.0 Outbound from GLS location
08/08/2013 07:20 FR0029 PLOUEDERN, France 2.0 Inbound to GLS location
06/08/2013 17:51 FR0069 St Genis Laval, France 1.0 Outbound from GLS location
06/08/2013 17:51 FR0069 St Genis Laval, France 0.0 Inbound to GLS location
29/07/2013 12:52 FR0069 St Genis Laval, France 0.100 Information transmitted, no shipment available now

Really doesn't look like I'll get it tomorrow, really unimpressed considering I ordered it as soon as the CE became available to pre-order on their site.

Sagitario

So after hearing about the horror stories you guys told me about Digital River and Ni no Kuni, I was scared that I had taken the risk in ordering the Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia through them on Namco Bandai's website after NewEgg dicked everyone over and cancelled all of the pre-orders.

CD Universe did the same and that was the one I was keeping for me (I gifted the other 2 I ordered, one from Amazon and one from GameStop). So, I was left without a CE (but I made 2 people happy, so I guess that's something) ._.

TheContact

However, I finally received the game today and it was in excellent condition! :D No dings or dents whatsoever! I'm so happy that everything worked out in the end! :D This was a gift for my boyfriend so it was especially important that I get this. He got it and he couldn't be happier! He's a huge fan of the Tales series and this absolutely made his day!

SYpQ2vn.jpg

You're an awesome girlfriend he better know that lol

Were there people saying Xillia felt light on "content" in this thread, or was I imagining things? I finished the game today, and it took longer than Graces f, but just a bit faster than Vesperia. Unless they mean post-game content, I'm just not seeing that.

FSLink

Banned
Were there people saying Xillia felt light on "content" in this thread, or was I imagining things? I finished the game today, and it took longer than Graces f, but just a bit faster than Vesperia. Unless they mean post-game content, I'm just not seeing that.

We mean post-game content.

And uh, for most people it actually takes less time, haha. Probably depends on what difficulty you were playing for all of them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, 30-40 hours is a typical playtime, no matter which difficulty you choose.

Post/end-game content (ie: before the final boss and after the final boss) like other games in the series.

FSLink

Banned
Well, 30-40 hours is a typical playtime, no matter which difficulty you choose.

Post/end-game content (ie: before the final boss and after the final boss) like other games in the series.

Ah, misread it and thought it said more time than Vesperia.

Yeah, 30-40 hours for Graces/Xillia and more for Vesperia sounds right.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
as a question, before I do something irreversible, I bought some items with those black feathers pieces to a trader in Sharliton. The items seem to be "high priced items" that go for a couple thousand "points".

Is there any reason I should hold onto these items, or just donate to expand the shops/sell them?

Also, on the box, it's listing something about Multiplayer? Am I seeing things incorrectly, and if not, how do you do it?

RPGCrazied

You're RPGcrazied!. Anyone who went through the Xenoblade import thread years ago would expect no less.

Ugh. Could you guys stop bringing that up. Most of it was me whining I'd never get the game. Truth is I'll probably never import a game ever. Its over, thanks. :)

FSLink

Banned
as a question, before I do something irreversible, I bought some items with those black feathers pieces to a trader in Sharliton. The items seem to be "high priced items" that go for a couple thousand "points".

Is there any reason I should hold onto these items, or just donate to expand the shops/sell them?

Also, on the box, it's listing something about Multiplayer? Am I seeing things incorrectly, and if not, how do you do it?

Hold onto them, you can trade them for stat boosting items and some other nice goodies (Artes Ball that lets you equip up to 16 artes at once).

Change a character to Semi-Auto or Manual in their artes menu for multiplayer. So say Milla is in the 2nd slot, if you change her to SA or Manual 2nd player will control her.

Aeana

Hold onto them, you can trade them for stat boosting items and some other nice goodies (Artes Ball that lets you equip up to 16 artes at once).

Clarification on the artes ball and the other milestone bonuses: it doesn't matter if you spend them or not, for these. The game knows when you've collected 100, whether you've spent any or not, so that's not a concern.

Caved in and bought the game. Been playing for a few hours now. Gotta say, Milla's VA isnt bad at all. Some of you had me thinking it was Aqua from BBS levels of bad. Also, one of you mentioned her lisp and now I can't help but notice it at every scene.

Voror

Finally got a chance to start and I'm liking it so far, but I'm really not very far at all. I just got Milla and have been playing around with the battles to get more of a feel.

By the way, does this game not let you go to Level 200 like usual in Tales games? I know there's never usually a reason to go that high, but I always liked the option.

By the way, does this game not let you go to Level 200 like usual in Tales games? I know there's never usually a reason to go that high, but I always liked the option.

There's actually a reason this time as you get grade and titles from reaching level 99 with each of your characters.

Iceblade

Sorry to re-post my question, but I'm planning on starting this game as soon as I get to my console -- could anyone please help me out? :)

Can anyone shed some light on just how much pertinent story info you miss out on as Mila? I really prefer her over the other guy, but I don't want to play through the game wondering where all the story beats went... Being confused about a story is one of my pet peeves.

Aeana

There's a fair bit of important stuff that you only see as Jude. There's parts where you split up, but there's also parts where the characters are just like a room apart and Jude's story bits are still way more important than Milla's.

I mean, you can still play as Milla if you're playing Jude's story, so there's not a huge loss in choosing him.

Top Bottom