• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is there a skill that lowers your damage against enemies or something? It must be activated or something because I can't do shit against
Zaveid

Aeana

Is there a skill that lowers your damage against enemies or something? It must be activated or something because I can't do shit against
Zaveid

If you're where I think you are, you don't have to win that fight to continue.

RalchAC

Mmmm... so in the end it seems they did pull a
Flynn with Alisha
? How was the story overall? Bad, decent, good? Is the game long? Has plenty of side contents?

And finally,do you feel the game is complete? And are you expecting a PS4 version in a few months?

It seems the major complains I've found here is that the openworld-like design gets old quick, the camera problems and the equipment system leaves a bit to be desired.

All are not good compared to Sorey.

But I liked Jude. He had some not-so-good moments
(the beginning of the Chapter 4 when he believes Milla has died)
, but in general I liked the character and how he was an insecure teenager trying to find his way.

I mean, sure, he isn't probably the most charismatic main character ever, but it achieve what the devs were trying to do imo.

Edit: I left a sentence incomplete lol xD

kayos90

I must have skills on to make battles difficult or something. Gosh dammit, me being unable to read is not helping with this game at all. It's worse than usual.

Aeana

I must have skills on to make battles difficult or something. Gosh dammit, me being unable to read is not helping with this game at all. It's worse than usual.

The only stuff that has a disadvantage from what I can think of off the top of my head is the battle actions that start with "A," which all give you some sort of limitation, usually half grade.

Peff

I think I stumbled upon a video of that one while looking for the Go Shiina track rips. Might be worth a look.

Am I the only who still hasn't got the game? I'm not sure it'll be out for delivery tomorrow either... oh, well.

TiX7hMm.gif

Rpgmonkey

I think I stumbled upon a video of that one while looking for the Go Shiina track rips. Might be worth a look.

Am I the only who still hasn't got the game? I'm not sure it'll be out for delivery tomorrow either... oh, well.

I'm still waiting. Tracking packages from USPS (at least from Japan) kinda sucks, no idea where my package is or when I'll get it lol. Hopefully tomorrow...

Nope, mine is in transit to Amazon, who will then ship it to me...so if it goes like it did several times late last year I should get the game not this coming week, but the week after.

kayos90

Either I'm not equipping Items the right way or somethign else. I'm just not doing enough damage against these bosses. Now I can't even kill regular enemies without people dying...

dramatis

I hope you didn't turn on the support abilities that halve your exp or something.

Either I'm not equipping Items the right way or somethign else. I'm just not doing enough damage against these bosses. Now I can't even kill regular enemies without people dying...

Same thing happened to me. Combine weapons a bunch of times and you'll start doing tons more damage.

EDIT: there is ability called Half&Half that halves your damage. Check that you don't have it turned on. I think it's a battle arte.

Kinda weird the grade shop only goes to EXPx6 this time... and I haven't seen any EXP boosting food at inns yet.

Care to explain how the "Grade Shop" works this time around? I planned on farming Grade like crazy at the end of the first playthrough like in Vesperia when I saw Grade gains returned at the end of battles,
but it seems it doesn't even use the "Grade" per se, but rather 引継ぎポイント?
Can I farm those easily, are they farmable at all or have a hard cap? How do you earn them?

That's the only thing I want spoiled for me before I get the game, just so I can plan how I'll tackle the game.

kayos90

What level should I be when I get Edna? just wondering... Cuz I think I may have fucked up. I'm lvl 12.

TiX7hMm.gif

You're not alone ... i'm still waiting for my copy .. 36 hours left to go....

I'm not counting the minutes i swear !!

Care to explain how the "Grade Shop" works this time around? I planned on farming Grade like crazy at the end of the first playthrough like in Vesperia when I saw Grade gains returned at the end of battles,
but it seems it doesn't even use the "Grade" per se, but rather 引継ぎポイント?
Can I farm those easily, are they farmable at all or have a hard cap? How do you earn them?

That's the only thing I want spoiled for me before I get the game, just so I can plan how I'll tackle the game.

I'm putting this all in spoilers to be safe:

Grade Points are ONLY used to raise 主の加護 level. I'm not sure what the math is, but the 引継ぎポイント is base on that level (or maybe just the total amount?) So, technically you can farm grade points exactly the same as in Vesperia and it more or less has the same result, just not as direct. Basically, make sure you have awakened/released the 主 everywhere before you farm.

I'm putting this all in spoilers to be safe:

Grade Points are ONLY used to raise 主の加護 level. I'm not sure what the math is, but the 引継ぎポイント is base on that level (or maybe just the total amount?) So, technically you can farm grade points exactly the same as in Vesperia and it more or less has the same result, just not as direct. Basically, make sure you have awakened/released the 主 everywhere before you farm.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Aeana

So um... Am I missing something or does the AI do everything under the sun with their blast gauge except do fusion? I feel like even if I set BG usage to only for kamui, it doesn't ever do it. What am I missing? Is there some way to manually trigger a fusion for the other pair?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So um... Am I missing something or does the AI do everything under the sun with their blast gauge except do fusion? I feel like even if I set BG usage to only for kamui, it doesn't ever do it. What am I missing? Is there some way to manually trigger a fusion for the other pair?
My partnwrs is fusing all the time and the only setting I've changed was the healing one.
Who's your human partner?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Apparently a lot of Amazon users in Japan are giving it a 1-star, no idea why though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Because it's a video game.

Our local Tales group is panicking over the Amazon 140+ 1-star score, saying it's the next FFXIII or something. I keep telling them Amazon JP is really unreliable when it comes to those (see DQIX for instance). God they won't listen to me when I said "Amazon JP is a poor indicator scores". ._.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just pretend that instead of birthday notifications to remind you to go post a birthday greeting on a friend's wall, Japanese facebook notifies people when new games launch to remind them to go vote it 1-star on amazon.co.jp

kayos90

They might've actually tried to rewrite how AI works entirely in this game and totally botched it. lol.

That's really odd. My other two party members have been fusing nonstop and only occasionally fighting on their own.

I know for sure I haven't tweaked their AI in anyway after my party filled up...

Also Amazon reviews mean close to nothing, especially for big releases in popular franchises.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Weird. Mine seems to prefer using mystic artes over fusion, and it's driving me crazy.
Really weird. Are you sure you didn't tinker with the strategies too much?
I was actually surprised how good
Rose
is at handling the Kamui. The timing is sometimes better than mine, ha ha.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh, I was wondering. I didn't see if anyone mentioned it earlier, but I was wondering about the difficulty.

Do you get better rewards on higher difficulties like Graces? Even if it isn't, is changing it at least fun?
I'm hoping it's like Graces or Destiny regarding that.

I have to say, the skill system, if you can call it that, in this game is absolute garbage. No sense of progression or permanence.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh, I was wondering. I didn't see if anyone mentioned it earlier, but I was wondering about the difficulty.

Do you get better rewards on higher difficulties like Graces? Even if it isn't, is changing it at least fun?
I played a bit on the "Second" difficulty for a passive skill and the decription said that you get higher rarity items.

You need to play on hard to get items that have the "double skill" skill. This is required for a trophy, but if you aren't into that then there is no real reason to change the difficulty.

Hard gives you less EXP but more Gald, because in this game leveling doesn't mean shit. TO get stronger you have to combine weapons.

Aeana

You need to play on hard to get items that have the "double skill" skill. This is required for a trophy, but if you aren't into that then there is no real reason to change the difficulty.

Hard gives you less EXP but more Gald, because in this game leveling doesn't mean shit. TO get stronger you have to combine weapons.

That's not entirely true. Your titles only gain experience when your character level increases.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This is true. Titles, once leveled up, actually do make a big difference.
I'm sticking with the default ones, they seem to be by far the best. Symbols beside them are gold, so I'm guessing they're at max rank.
I am convinced that the AI settings all do different things than they say. :(
If you're not playing on hard, changing the heal/defense setting to "when over 75%" is enough for 95% of the fights (so far for me) and in the other 5% you'll just have to manually use Life Bottles lots of them.

Top Bottom