• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

RalchAC

Tales has jumped on the story DLC bandwagon? My faith in humanity has dropped a little bit today.

Wonder if they'll add it to the base game in the West release of if they'll just make people pay for it.

Heyt

Banned
If they include this on the western release they will have my faith back again. I don't mind paying for itf they don't though. It's better than a full price release for a console I don't own. So I'm actually very plased with this and the posibilities it opens.

I would not mind if they added other characters or significant content the same way.

So it can be nicknamed as Alicia's Side. I'm guessing it's post-game with the costume and all that... maybe we get new Artes. I wonder how long it is.

kewlmyc

I think so

By the way if you are really canceling her figure, Can I have your pre-order (assuming it's amiami?) :p

Naw, I'll keep it, sorry.
Some idiot on MFC spoiled the whole "irrelevant" thing for me, but after thinking about it, I still want it. It's Tales after all.

She'll pop back up eventually so just figinstock her.

dramatis

You guys said that Alisha's new costume is good. The only good part of the costume is her hat...

As for the rest of it, feels like FF13-2.

I see the scan. lmao. There's a shot of Alisha with Rose. Alisha's new costume is really good.

Does the DLC story take place after the game is over or during the main story?

Edit: February 12 release.

Sounds like it's a post-game story, but I'm unsure. Has her teaming up with Rose.

Soriku

You guys said that Alisha's new costume is good. The only good part of the costume is her hat...

As for the rest of it, feels like FF13-2.

FF XIII-2? No idea how you get that impression...

It's similar to Cheria's outfit from Graces, but with more blue.

3Kaze

SgbYOJ4.jpg

Got my copy. Now off to seminars :(

I see the scan. lmao. There's a shot of Alisha with Rose. Alisha's new costume is really good.

Does the DLC story take place after the game is over or during the main story?

Edit: February 12 release.

This better be in the game for the west release . Scammy of BN to promote her so heavily and do this .

dramatis

FTFY

I hope you can remove the hat. it's too big.
The hat is fabulous. The rest of it is normal anime girl fare. Boring.

FF XIII-2? No idea how you get that impression...
The similarity to 13-2 is sort of meta and a bit spoilery about Alisha, but
I liken the Alisha situation to 13-2 because in a similar fashion, Square plastered Lightning all over the advertisements and she is the only character on the box cover, but you play as Lightning for fifteen minutes and then you see her for less than thirty minutes of cutscenes in the game. And then, of course, you get story dlc featuring Lightning. In that sense Alisha is basically 13-2 Lightning, a tool for marketing and a ploy for more money. I suppose at least Lightning was a fully playable character in another game first, so her fans are less likely to be disappointed and mad that Lightning got shafted.

RalchAC

This better be in the game for the west release . Scammy of BN to promote her so heavily and do this .

So is this like the Future Arc in Graces (games felt already complete but they added it) or like Patty's + Flynn case in Vesperia?

It looks like the latter, but I dunno. Does the game feel complete without the add-on?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Alicia's Side in the full PS4 version? Sure, I can see that.
DLC added for free in the Western release of this one? Why would you even think that?

Soriku

The hat is fabulous. The rest of it is normal anime girl fare. Boring.

The similarity to 13-2 is sort of meta and a bit spoilery about Alisha, but
I liken the Alisha situation to 13-2 because in a similar fashion, Square plastered Lightning all over the advertisements and she is the only character on the box cover, but you play as Lightning for fifteen minutes and then you see her for less than thirty minutes of cutscenes in the game. And then, of course, you get story dlc featuring Lightning. In that sense Alisha is basically 13-2 Lightning, a tool for marketing and a ploy for more money. I suppose at least Lightning was a fully playable character in another game first, so her fans are less likely to be disappointed and mad that Lightning got shafted.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the rest of the costume.

IDK it looks like a nice dress to me. It's better than her original costume (which I don't think is as bad as other people think).

Sandfox

Alisha DLC story confirmed.
1,300 yen
I was really hoping Bamco would start to ease up a bit on the DLC after how barren Xillia was.
Tales has jumped on the story DLC bandwagon? My faith in humanity has dropped a little bit today.

Wonder if they'll add it to the base game in the West release of if they'll just make people pay for it.

Tales DLC has been crazy since Vesperia PS3 IMO.

DLC added for free in the Western release of this one? Why would you even think that?

I don't really see them releasing the game twice in the US.

Heyt

Banned

It seems they're actually giving it for free in Japan for in a limited way? Don't know, just used google.

祝20周年&40万本達成記念特別キャンペーン実施 2/12配信予定の本編後日談DLC「アリーシャアフターエピソード瞳にうつるもの」を通常1300円の予定だった所期間限定無料配信 期間限定2/12~2/28 宣伝担当

From Tales channel Twitter.

They also shared this.

B8W16CcCQAA_zSX.jpg:large

Soriku

http://zaveids.tumblr.com/post/109047131927/all-the-things-wrong-with-zestiria-and-some-more

Stumbled across this in Siliconera. Haven't read much of it, but I assume it's largely exaggeration? Can't imagine it as bad as the blog post described.

Didn't really look at it but I heard the guy who wrote the post has only watched streams and hasn't actually played the game.

Not that some of the complaints might not be valid, but just FYI.

Also according to Famitsu, Zestiria sold 400k.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/27070277.html

Mendrox

http://zaveids.tumblr.com/post/109047131927/all-the-things-wrong-with-zestiria-and-some-more

Stumbled across this in Siliconera. Haven't read much of it, but I assume it's largely exaggeration? Can't imagine it as bad as the blog post described.

Well guess what? It is bad like this, but the game is still fun. But I am 100% sure that there will be a PS4 port or something like this with everything story related DLC included (like the Alisha one, fuck you Namco). Game is still fun, but the skill system and stats are too confusing... I really need some translations or help how to get better stats or how fusing weapons works. What a pain in the ass. :(

Labadal

Reading this thread should make me more excited not reconsider my preorder. I will wait a little more before I decide what to do, but a lot of the stuff I have read makes me less excited to play the game.

zeromcd73

Jesus Christ at the rage. So much anger from 2ch.

Luckily I've been able to avoid spoilers except for 1 thing of course >.>

Dark_castle

Amazing how much this person seemed to be obsessed over Alisha before even playing the game.

Seriously. How you get that way over a character you know close to nothing about beyond the design is beyond me.

Apparently, it's the way the party members treat Alisha compared to Rose that was the problem. Again, I didn't want to read too much into it until I play it myself. At least I've stomached Graces' writing, I think I'm okay as long as the combat is on par or better than Graces f's.

Mendrox

Reading this thread should make me more excited not reconsider my preorder. I will wait a little more before I decide what to do, but a lot of the stuff I have read makes me less excited to play the game.

Game is still fun, but there are so many stupid things like:

• Having points for attachements (You have 3 points to spend, but there are attachements which require 2 points e.g.)
  • Confusing skill system
  • Confusing reasons for characters
  • Popups (which aren't that bad imo)
  • Stupid trophys
  • Worst camera in a game ever

And way way more, but the game is still good considering everything. The characters are good, the music is good (even better when a Go Shiinra song plays), the battle system is fluid and a evolution of Graces system, the graphics and the transistions are good enough. Ufotables cutscenes are awesome and there is a good amount of post content.

Soriku

Amazing how much this person seemed to be obsessed over Alisha before even playing the game.

Seriously. How you get that way over a character you know close to nothing about beyond the design is beyond me.

I know right. There are a million other anime girls you can waifu if you want.

Fujishima quitting Twitter for a bit because he got bashed with his designs on Zestiria.

lol. Honestly Sorey's design has grown on me and he looks great in ufotable animation. Rose's Fujishima design is kinda bad though, but again she looks great in the animation, and her character model is pretty good too.

Apparently, it's the way the party members treat Alisha compared to Rose that was the problem. Again, I didn't want to read too much into it until I play it myself. At least I've stomached Graces' writing, I think I'm okay as long as the combat is on par or better than Graces f's.

Having played it for 12 hours, I feel more than confident in saying "lol what."

Early spoilers for Alisha and the team:
Alisha leaves because she physically can't take the drain on her body by teaming up with Sorey. People are sad about it, but she's royalty and has shit to do so they move on.

I don't even.

Falk

that puzzling face

Stella

please don't kill me kagari

dramatis

Why should I care about the opinion of someone who didn't even play the game? Especially when it comes to the gameplay critique.
I went through that tumblr's history back when it was first linked in here (mind you, that blog was a chore to load 3 days ago when it used a terrible theme and every goddamn tumblr thinks size 8 font is the best shit, which is THE WORST). I think it's likely the poster did actually play the game, but how decent the poster's level of Japanese was to grasp the mechanics of the equipment and other game systems, that's uncertain. Moreover the poster went into the game with very set specific expectations, and of course the game story went in directions he/she didn't like. The result is a lot of rage and salt.

IDK it looks like a nice dress to me. It's better than her original costume (which I don't think is as bad as other people think).
A plunging neckline and a short fluffy miniskirt, and it's better than her original costume? :|

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Zestiria cleared!
Took me ~34 hours on normal, with doing a good chuck of the side stuff. I really liked most of it - the battle system, characters and even the story wasn't too bad.
That said, the skill system was terrible and I still thing that they made you run around way too much.
Lol seriously Bamco just fucked it up. Their 20 years of reputation destroyed by a huge fuckup.
You're joking, right? This is not even close to Jojo ATB and DLC ending for Asura.

I still don't understand why people get so worked up over a character who wasn't even that interesting to begin with. Yeah, her design was good, but that's about it, compared to literally every other party member.

Sandfox

Zestiria cleared!
Took me ~34 hours on normal, with doing a good chuck of the side stuff. I really liked most of it - the battle system, characters and even the story wasn't too bad.
That said, the skill system was terrible and I still thing that they made you run around way too much.

You're joking, right? This is not even close to Jojo ATB and DLC ending for Asura.

I still don't understand why people get so worked up over a character who wasn't even that interesting to begin with. Yeah, her design was good, but that's about it, compared to literally every other party member.

I think it has more to do with the way advertised/treated her prior to release and the fact that she had dlc(both pre order and normal). There's also the fact that a lot of the complaints are coming from otaku...

Tommy DJ

That's the thing I was referring to a few pages back. I don't really have any major interest in the Tales series, so maybe I just can't understand the fanbase of these games, but nothing about Alisha looked remotely interesting to me. She basically looked like your typical main Tales heroine who is generally the least interesting character in the world.

Datschge

Alisha DLC story confirmed.
1,300 yen
I guess Scamco was really happy how the DLC addons worked for the Dark Souls games and had to do the same with a Tales game.

At least this increases the possibility they'll also work on the camera, AI and further balancing. Would be a shame if they left it as is.

That gigormous rage burst cursing of a text is a heavy spoiler bloodbath by someone who allegedly only watched streams. Maybe an overdone parody, but not really worth the time reading even if you really want to be spoiled all out.

Lol seriously Bamco just fucked it up. Their 20 years of reputation destroyed by a huge fuckup.
Hyperbole much? They are doing nothing that they, as a publisher, didn't before already.

Ayumi

https://twitter.com/tales_ch/status/560053745573064705

20th anniversary campaign: Free sequel DLC delivery (the translation is distribution/transmission and not meant as an actual delivery, so the item itself should be free) (アリーシャアフターエピソード瞳にうつるもの) between February 12th and 28th. Normally it's 1300円.

Saw someone linking it earlier but without proper translation.

RalchAC

Didn't really look at it but I heard the guy who wrote the post has only watched streams and hasn't actually played the game.

Not that some of the complaints might not be valid, but just FYI.

Also according to Famitsu, Zestiria sold 400k.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/27070277.html

Nice sales. I guess it'd at least sell 500k in Japan when all it's said and done. Not bad.

It's a tweet from Tales channel, so probably 400k shipped Asia included.?

If it's according to Famitsu it should be just Japan. I don't think they track Asia sales.

Fujishima quitting Twitter for a bit because he got bashed with his designs on Zestiria.

Why is people complaining about the best Tales designer? Even when they aren't especially good, his designs are never intrusive and weird like Tales of Graces designs were.

Soriku

I guess Scamco was really happy how the DLC addons worked for the Dark Souls games and had to do the same with a Tales game.

Where my free Dark Souls DLC Namco?

Why is people complaining about the best Tales designer? Even when they aren't especially good, his designs are never intrusive and weird like Tales of Graces designs were.

Really? Inomata is a staple to Tales like Fujishima. Actually I think Graces has some of the best designs...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yea I am over exaggerating. But the current reception is certainly not positive.

B8XE8b_CcAEae6K.jpg:large

Typo on Palystation lol.
Bandai Namco is trending in Japan.
Not really:
#私のイメージを3つ教えてください
#皆さん今どの刀剣難民ですか
ランボー怒り
#自分が創作で禁止されたら死亡するもの
もっと光
#一番パソコン初心者っぽいこといった奴が優勝
IAちゃん
AAAR
ヴェルファイア
ロメオ
Personalized trends, maybe?

Anyway, despite this whole Alisha madness, I was able to get 5500 yen for my used copy of the game.

Top Bottom