• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

Aeana

I'm sticking with the default ones, they seem to be by far the best. Symbols beside them are gold, so I'm guessing they're at max rank.

If you're not playing on hard, changing the heal/defense setting to "when over 75%" is enough for 95% of the fights (so far for me) and in the other 5% you'll just have to manually use Life Bottles lots of them.

Sometimes, different titles will teach you different artes, so it's still beneficial to switch between them.

Rhapsody

Banned
Thanks for the replies. So maybe not as addicting as Graces when the difficulty is turned up.

As long as it's more fun that Xillia's and Abyss's higher difficulties, I guess I'm satisfied.

Here's an example of how it looks when you have your 加護 level at 1 ~ 3 for all

http://blog-imgs-78.fc2.com/s/k/y/sky1923/201501220901362bd.jpg

Mh, I see...

Only
7 different Nushi
then? Any indication of the max level each can go?
I suppose they chose a roundabout way of doing it, but they retained a hard cap like Xillia 1 and 2...I just hope this time the hard cap is actually enough for me to pick every positive bonus I actually want (F you, 10000 Grade cap in X1/2). I miss Vesperia/Graces days where I could pick for sure everything first try :(
But I'm too low on information right now so any sort of planning may need to wait until I know just how much I can potentially gain.

Mh, I see...

Only
7 different Nushi
then? Any indication of the max level each can go?
I suppose they chose a roundabout way of doing it, but they retained a hard cap like Xillia 1 and 2...I just hope this time the hard cap is actually enough for me to pick every positive bonus I actually want (F you, 10000 Grade cap in X1/2). I miss Vesperia/Graces days where I could pick for sure everything first try :(
But I'm too low on information right now so any sort of planning may need to wait until I know just how much I can potentially gain.

There are 7, yeah. Also, there is a trophy you get for getting one of them up to level 20, so I assume the max level is at least that much.

looking at the pic, seems that level 3 gets you 36 points, so getting to level 20 should be at least 2000 points.

Also, there is one Grade shop bonus that costs 8000 by itself, so I doubt 10,000 is the limit.

jae

It's great how a million different things are triggered by contextual pushes of R2. Maybe I just suck at timing but I always trigger a blast when I want to mystic arte. At least its easy to get the timing right for healing in kamui form, since that is all I ever do in bigger fights because the AI sure won't.

As everyone else has said, the skill system is garbage. Totally destroys the excitement of finding new equipment in dungeons.

I do like a lot of things. The story is fine, and I am warming up to the cast a bit. Ednas' bullying of Mikleo and the ensuing nicknames is amusing. Didn't follow the game much before release so the stuff that is annoying everyone about the party members doesn't phase me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I usually don't like loli characters, since they feel go into a creepy fanservice territory, but Edna's personality alone makes the cast of ToZ awesome.

Mieu

I usually don't like loli characters, since they feel go into a creepy fanservice territory, but Edna's personality alone makes the cast of ToZ awesome.

Hmm, I wonder who'll be the english VA for Edna?

Can anyone confirm if
(Sophie and Jade are the only two cameo fights in the game)

I think so. That's what I've stalked so far. I haven't seen a full party arena battle yet.

Bladenic

You need to play on hard to get items that have the "double skill" skill. This is required for a trophy, but if you aren't into that then there is no real reason to change the difficulty.

Hard gives you less EXP but more Gald, because in this game leveling doesn't mean shit. TO get stronger you have to combine weapons.

Hard gives less exp? That's weird.

Finally, it's here!

kcHmixT.jpg

Time to play it with my brother.

Also, there is a trophy you get for getting one of them up to level 20, so I assume the max level is at least that much.

According to http://ds-can.com/toz/sub/nushi.html there are at least 24 known levels, and speculative max of 30 right now.

According to this chart, leveling up those Nushi will take a LOT of Grade. Multiply that by 7...oh man it's going to be a long road until 100%. I hope someone'll find a Grade farming technique ^^;

Now if only the wiki would confirm what the last Nushi level is, and how much that translates to 引継ぎポイント. I'd need 12885 of those to have what I want to take ^^ (1840,7 per Nushi would be enough)

LX_Theo

Banned
As a person who has played and enjoyed Tales of Symphonia and Xillia 2 (only ones I've played, watched an LP of Xillia), does this one look like it'll be good for me? Thanks to the kind person who answers this. Trying to decide whether to look for this near the western launch or wait for lower the prices.

Jiraiza

Yeah, definitely love Edna. Her snarky attitude is pretty cute. I even got her keychain, fate must be at work here.

demonkaze

I was wondering what the level of Japanese is like in this game? I'm studying Japanese at the moment and was considering importing this to aid me with my studies, giving me something to actually practice what I'm learning.

Datschge

I was wondering what the level of Japanese is like in this game? I'm studying Japanese at the moment and was considering importing this to aid me with my studies, giving me something to actually practice what I'm learning.

Has been discussed in this very thread before, I'll look for the post number. Edit: Post by Bebpo: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148528889&postcount=110

Essentially the Tales games are good for learning once one doesn't need Furigana anymore (otherwise Level 5 games are better). What's great about Tales are the huge amount of voiced scenes, so understanding that already is a huge plus for learning Kanjis etc.

Aeana

zestiriagetagain.jpg

It's like Christmas again!

So, yeah, if anybody wants a brand new Asian copy of Tales of Zestiria, let me know. I'll let it go for a discount.

Peff

Has been discussed in this very thread before, I'll look for the post number. Edit: Post by Bebpo: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148528889&postcount=110

Essentially the Tales games are good for learning once one doesn't need Furigana anymore (otherwise Level 5 games are better). What's great about Tales are the huge amount of voiced scenes, so understanding that already is a huge plus for learning Kanjis etc.

From what I've read the skill and fusion systems sound fairly confusing even without the language barrier, not to mention the apparent lack of waypoints, so this one might not be the best point of entry. That said, I'm sure guides will pop up in the coming weeks, so it shouldn't be too hard to brute-force with some help.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was expecting to clear the game yesterday, but I was only able to get to the entrance to the (hopefully) last dungeon. I just hope it's not Kiseki levels long, ha ha.

The skill system really is terrible. At this point, getting a new piece of equipment usually means that one or two stats get a huge boost, but the rest takes a dive because of losing fusion skills. The stuff that I'm getting now is also probably limited to enemies/chests, so it's not like tinkering with synthesis would be easy.
I also don't get enemy levels in this game. I went somewhere, story related, with really tight corridors, where it's nearly impossible to not engage, and enemies were 15-20 above me. As the story progressed, I ended up in another dungeon, also story related and the enemies were 10 levels lower those before. What.

Aeana

I was expecting to clear the game yesterday, but I was only able to get to the entrance to the (hopefully) last dungeon.
I don't get enemy levels in this game. I went somewhere, story related, with really tight corridors, where it's nearly impossible to not engage, and enemies were 15-20 above me. As the story progressed, I ended up in another dungeon, also story related and the enemies were 10 levels lower those before. What.

And that wasn't an effect of Normin or anything like that?

Aeana

I love Dezel's dash support talent so much. Especially in cities where it gets faster every time you pass people.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
And that wasn't an effect of Normin or anything like that?
Normin can only give you skills that can be on equipment iirc and I don't think there's a skill related to enemy levels.

As for the dash ability skill, later in the game a second party member can learn it - you get even faster. Too bad I noticed that I can choose it so late.

Aeana

Normin can only give you skills that can be on equipment iirc and I don't think there's a skill related to enemy levels.

As for the dash ability skill, later in the game a second party member can learn it - you get even faster. Too bad I noticed that I can choose it so late.

I thought that using the Normin advantages raised enemy levels in the area. I'm pretty sure I read that...

EDIT:
<ノルミンをセット>
地の主に仕えるノルミンをセットすることができそのエリアで入手できる装備品に、対応スキルが付加されやすくなります。ただしスキルのグループに応じてそのエリアの敵のレベルも上がってしまいます。とはいえレベルが低い敵からは取得経験値も減ってしまうためそれを防ぐことも可能です。

さらに加護レベルを上げると複数のノルミンを任命できるようになります。より幅広いスキル操作が可能になりますが、もちろん敵のレベルも更に上がります。無茶なセットをしないように気をつけてください。

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I thought that using the Normin advantages raised enemy levels in the area. I'm pretty sure I read that...

EDIT:
Oh wow, I totally missed that part. Thanks. Guess I'll have to be smarter about my Normins, although this doesn't seem to affect bosses. That said, those enemies 20 levels higher than me weren't that hard anyway.

Sakura

Hmm... I don't really like the way the story is going in this game. It is unfortunate but I think I may just end up selling it :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
keisuke, what was your level when you foughtthe last boss?
Spoiler it to be on the safe side. :p

Aeana

After that
big war part. I don't care at all for how the game handled Alisha.

Seems like a major complaint a lot of people have.
I can't say it matters much to me, personally. I'm just happy to finally have a full party with full capabilities.

Sakura

Seems like a major complaint a lot of people have.
I can't say it matters much to me, personally. I'm just happy to finally have a full party with full capabilities.

Well for me
Alisha was kind of a big part of why I bought the game. I liked her character, design, etc. Considering her in the anime I watched before I bought the game, the fact they were selling DLC costumes for her and stuff, etc I didn't think I would have to worry about her leaving in like literally less than the first 10 hours. And when she does leave, the scene is just garbage. If the staff MUST write her out of the story, then surely there are better ways than that!? I'm not really hooked on the story or rest of the characters, which is the same reason I eventually dropped Innocence, nor does the story/setting entirely make sense to me.

artsi

Yay, my copy was shipped today. Late to the party, but seems like I'll get to explore Zestiria in the weekend.

Soriku

I see the scan. lmao. There's a shot of Alisha with Rose. Alisha's new costume is really good.

Does the DLC story take place after the game is over or during the main story?

Edit: February 12 release.

raven777

I see the scan. lmao. There's a shot of Alisha with Rose. Alisha's new costume is really good.

Does the DLC story take place after the game is over or during the main story?

Edit: February 12 release.

Yea I really like Alisha's new costume.

Top Bottom