• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria Import Thread - Turning Legends Into Hope

raven777

I am avoiding all the reactions from 2ch cause I don't want to get spoiled.

Some early reactions from korean web seems positive. The battle is like Graces (duh) so people who enjoyed Graces battle will love this it seems.

Hearing someone saying there is frame-rate drops in fields and events. Hope it doesn't drop during battle like Xillia...

raven777

The last protag I really liked was Luke from The Abyss. I don't expect Sorey to be that good, but I just hope he is not terrible like Asbel/Jude.

Ok thanks for the answer.

Might just go for these 2
54C070B43C40F70017

Luke's outfit looks really weird on an adult muscular guy, they should have genderbent it.

The last protag I really liked was Luke from The Abyss. I don't expect Sorey to be that good, but I just hope he is not terrible like Asbel/Jude.

What was great about Luke was that it was comprehensible why was a conceited and naive brat, what was horrible about The Abyss was that the group was completely dysfunctional and had no reason to trust each other nor to stick together.

Links_fantasy

Hope this comes out in 2015 in the West, I still have to finish Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Hearts R first tho so no rush. With the Tales games having been so fruitful on PS3 I at least know the PS4 will have a strong rpg library from Namco alone. Plus Persona 5, FFXV, Type 0, Kingdom Hearts 3 and many smaller titles.

raven777

Hope this comes out in 2015 in the West, I still have to finish Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Hearts R first tho so no rush. With the Tales games having been so fruitful on PS3 I at least know the PS4 will have a strong rpg library from Namco alone. Plus Persona 5, FFXV, Type 0, Kingdom Hearts 3 and many smaller titles.

It's already confirmed for summer release.

raven777

well, they said Western release so I assume it includes EU?

They said it will be out "no more than six months after" Jp release so it would be out by June.

Bro, I think you misspell Yuri as Luke?

Honestly I am not a big fan of Yuri. I understand why people like him, but I just personally don't like him that much. But I am not saying he is bad. He is one the better protagonist for me :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh right, never got ToIR yet. And ToV had so many great costumes to choose from.

And that's really depressing lol. A shame since I liked ToR's designs.
ToR is Inomata's best work by far. Tytree, Eugene, and Veigue especially. Hilda is weird, though.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I've always got my imports from Play-Asia. With their FedEx shipping I usually get the games a day or two after release (sometimes on Monday after). Occasionally I've had problems with them, but it's rare so I'm still happy with them after 5+ years.

because of all the problem I had I had them delete my account..

I can't decide. Legends of Legacy or Tales of! >.<

artsi

Damn, out of stock in YesAsia, last moment preorder didn't help. I hope I can get it next week when my vacation starts.

RalchAC

Plenty of Japanese learning websites feature kanji-a-day, why not bookmark one of those? Besides, in my experience with the Tales games, the kanji was never frequent or difficult enough to pose much of a problem. (Granted, I come from a Chinese background and both languages share a lot of characters)

Mmm... Next year I have to start learning a new lenguage at university (translation at my university you learn 3 foreign lenguages). If I pick Chinese would I have things easier once I start studying japanese on my own?

Well anything is an improvement on the disco suit, haha.

Yuri's costume looks good. It will look good no matter who wears it :p

But why did they have to remind me Cheria exist? I'm sure there are a lot of characters with better designs.

I am avoiding all the reactions from 2ch cause I don't want to get spoiled.

Some early reactions from korean web seems positive. The battle is like Graces (duh) so people who enjoyed Graces battle will love this it seems.

Hearing someone saying there is frame-rate drops in fields and events. Hope it doesn't drop during battle like Xillia...

You didn't enjoy it?

Hopefully the framerate doesn't drop as much as Xillia. Damn, it was really annoying.

Sakura

I've always found gaijin working at conbini to be interesting. I'm interested, now.
There are others that work at conbini too but they are all Chinese or Korean. I kind of stand out because I'm white. But yea it is interesting.

edit i'm sorry this is off topic.

Thoraxes

I'm watching this cutscene right (early on) now where Sorey is trying to introduce the
Tenzoku to Alicia.
I thought it was hilarious when he was
leaning on Mikleo and all she sees is him leaning on air cause she can't see them yet.

I like how they're doing that.

RalchAC

Hmm, Zagi (TOV) was brutal too right? Same with the peeps in TOX 2. I haven't played it yet so I can't tell.

Man, Zagi in Vesperia was worse than the Team Rocket in Pokemon lol.

Tales of Xillia 2 was quite dark too. The story about the Kresnik family and the fractured dimensions and the fact that you had to
kill your own brother
was quite... interesting.

I really liked that game story, it's probably my favorite (story) in the series. But I wouldn't want every Tales game to be as dark as / darker than Xillia 2.

After a long night i wake up this morning , to find a fedex tracking number in may email box.

It is now waiting time. Given where i live i'll get the game next tuesday at least .... It's going to be a long wait.

FSLink

Banned
Looks like I'll get my copy next Tuesday as well. I guess it works out since I'll have 4 days off starting on Tuesday.

Link1110

Hey guys:
What's Collette's catchphrase in Canadian Tales of Symphonia?
I'm Sorey

...I'll show myself out :(

Done streaming for the night. Really like what I've played of it so far though. Made a much better first impression on me than either Xillia game did.

Sounds really promising. Just the gameplay or characters/world/story?

Pretty much all of the above. I'm still only a few hours in though, and combat is def still limited in pretty much every key way. I did play it at TGS though so I have an idea of how the combat will eventually come together.

Also Sorey is a pretty OK dude so far. Not an idiot, not whiney, also not overly enthusiastic. He has some really good heroic moments early on.

Heyt

Banned
Is there any impression about how Mikleo and Arisha are that may have not been refelcted on the special anime episode so far? Or any secondary characters for that matter?
Has anyone experienced the usual Xillia technical issues? Pop-in, framerate dips...?

demidar

Pretty much all of the above. I'm still only a few hours in though, and combat is def still limited in pretty much every key way. I did play it at TGS though so I have an idea of how the combat will eventually come together.

Also Sorey is a pretty OK dude so far. Not an idiot, not whiney, also not overly enthusiastic. He has some really good heroic moments early on.

Sounds good, like a Graces f without the gaping flaws.

I sure hope this ends up getting a PS4 version at some point. My PS3 is finally gone, and I don't think I'm going to replace it since this is literally the only game left on it I'd be interested in.

But man, it really does look more interesting in many ways (especially world/level design) than the other PS3 Tales games.

Hey guys:
What's Collette's catchphrase in Canadian Tales of Symphonia?
I'm Sorey

...I'll show myself out :(

I laughed. xD

Looking forward to more impressions, as the last few Tales have been just meh for me. Although I don't want to be spoiled too much, so I'll have to tread carefully.

raven777

Hearing that DLC costumes are not bad.

the costumes has it's own battle bgm, but you can turn them off if you don't like it.

I'm not a Tales fan anymore. For me Symphonia, Abyss and Vesperia is the holy trinity of the series. Graces was OK because of the battle system but nothing special. Xillia was a big disappointment. I didn't buy Xillia 2 and I've just ordered Touch Kirby! Super Rainbow for the Wii U instead of Zestiria. And now I've been watching some Zestiria videos on Youtube and I think I made a good decision.

Maaaaaybe.
If you can find me.
If my guess is right .........
I am
50 %
sure you are not working at Nex at least :p

You guys are one of the few honest retailers in Singapore BTW , keep up the good work

Hope i guessed correctly and don't praise a black shop lol.

Top Bottom